The ulama and the rights of women. (A different interpretation)

awan4ever

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
The ulama and the rights of women

http://www.viewpointonline.net/the-ulama-and-the-rights-of-women.html

In my textual encounters, and now sadly Youtube encounters, with the Ulama and their explanations of womens rights in Islam, I have noticed some interesting interpretive practices that, in my view, tend to privilege a phallocentric view of the Muslim sacred.

Almost all of these scholars believe that the message of the Quran is hidden behind the words, and if, somehow, one knew enough Arabic, one could, so to speak, interpret the mind of God. In this process of interpretation, one is led to believe that the scholar is just disinterestedly extracting the hidden meaning in an objective encounter with the text. Sadly, these practices go counter to Islams own traditions of hermeneutics of the text and the postlinguisitc turn aspects of textual interpretation. What this objective retrieval of meaning assumes, then, is that, somehow, in this encounter with the text, the reader can leave his own subjectivityand its attendant biasesbehind and find out the true hidden meaning of the sacred text.

Those of us involved in the workings of literary theory are painfully aware that all acts of reading are highly contaminated and never really unmotivated. A text comes into being at the moment a reader reads it: interpretation, therefore, is an agential act, an act that involves the act of reading and interpretation by a reading subject.

This reading subjector the subject of readingalso, we are told, brings his own biases and prejudices to the act of reading. The meaning thus construed is a combination of what is offered in a text and how that is filtered through the readers own preexisting attitudes toward the act of interpretation. That is why, Stanley Fish, a leading Reader response critic in the US, can explain the range of differences in interpretations of same text by different readers. According to Fish, the variety of interpretation occurs because the readers belong to a certain interpretive community and bring to the act of reading the practices privileged and normalized by their particular interpretative community.

So, when our Ulama read and interpret the gender roles in the Quran, a part of their interpretation comes from the words on the page but a large part of it also resides in their own preexisting biases as male gendered subjects in a Muslim society.

Almost all the major Ulama in Pakistan go to Surah Al-Nisa to expound their theories of inherent gender inequality as inscribed by the Quran. The most cited ayah is verse 34, a fragment of which is often cited: Arrijaal-o Qawwameea Alan-nisa. I will explain my point with specific reference to one particular interpretation of it by late Doctor Israr Ahmed, who, by the way, prided himself on his mastery of Arabic and often derided his opponents for their lack of understanding of the subtleties of Arabic language.

Doctor Israr translates this thusly: Men are rulers over women or as he would say it in his flawless Urdu, mard aurat per hakim hain. Now, those of us who are familiar with Arabic know that this is a gross reduction of the polysemy of the word Qawwaam. And it is this reduction that is crucial here, for it is made possible by what the interpreter hopes to privilege in the act of interpreting the text: a certain specific, hierarchical meaning of gendered roles in the Muslim society. This interpretation is crucial to Doctor Isrars argument, for only then can he posit that women cannot be rulers, and not even members of parliament. I am not sure if he later revised his position, but I am just using his interpretation as one specific type of male-centric interpretation.

Now, even the official copy of the Quran produced by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia [the so-called Wahabis] gives a more fluid translation of the verse and the noun that Doctor Israr translates as Haakim-Rulers. The official English translation of the verse in the Saudi-produced translation is as follows:

Men are the protectors

And maintainers of women . . .

Furthermore, the translators of the Saudi version also provide a footnote to this particular sign/word in the ayah: Qawwaam: one who stands firm in anothers business, protects his interests, and looks after his affairs. . . (219).

Incidentally, the copy of the Quran that I am citing from was given to me as the officially accepted translation by the local leader of Doctor Isrars organization in Quetta in 1994. So, while Doc. Israr himself was explaining the word Qawwaam as rulers, the official translation being provided by his organization was giving us a completely different reading of the term. Now, we all know that interpretation is always practiced within its prehistory along with other past and present translations of the scared. In fact, an important role of a scholar is to position his or herself within the larger debates on a certain topic. But, sadly, we are not so lucky in this regard when it comes to our Ulama. Most of our Ulama offer their interpretations of the sacred as original and originary, as if no work had been done before them. When Doctor Israr offers his interpretations of the sacred, it is with this sadly misplaced hubris: one is led to believe that the text had laid dormant for fourteen hundred years, until someone such as Doctor Israr came along and opened it up for us and decided its meaning by eliminating all insipient and obvious polysemous traces of the text.

There is however, a different interpretation of this particular Surah and the specific ayah very close to our time and space: namely in the work of Maulana Mumtaz Ali, who in 1898 published a book called Haqooq Al Niswan, The Rights of Women [Those interested in further exploration of this book can download it at http://archive.org].

In this book, Maulana Mumtaz Ali provides a line-by-line refutation of all metaphysical and logical claims about womens inequality. He also accomplishes this by privileging a more nuanced and apt reading of the word Qawwaam. I provide a brief citation below in my translation:

The most convincing Quranic proof of that they offer [in favor of male superiority] is ayah 34 from Surah Alnisa. They translate it thusly: Men are rulers over women. . . . Qawwaam is a saturated signifier: the person who is too busy in arranging and organizing the affairs of a business [karobaar] is considered Qawwaam. . . As men have to earn to provide for women, they are therefore in the role of Qawwameen. (17)

This, of course, is a very rough translation and does not provide the whole range of discussion that Maulana Ali mobilizes to make a case for womens equality. Also important to note is that his interpretations has huge socio-political consequences. By opening a rhetorical space for women to enter the public sphere, Mumtaz Ali is able to foster and support the womens education movement as a result of which the Muslim women of India enter the public sphere, access education, and eventually become active members of the Indian society.

In opposition to this, Doctor Isrars interpretation is an attempt at reinscribing the figure of the woman back into the private sphere. In fact, in another of his lectures he insists that he is not opposed to women performing productive labor as long as they are provided work in the privacy of their homes.[1] This of course is a perfect recipe for the exploitation of women at the hands of international capital, which, by the way, relies quite heavily on these forms of privatized feminine labor.

Thus, while one scholar's interpretation creates a liberatory space for women and enables us to create a more equal and just society, another scholar wants us to accept the preexisting gender inequalities as natural and divinely sanctioned. In both these cases the meaning of the text is not simply drawn from the text but is rather construed through the prejudices and expectations that the reader/ scholar brings to the sacred text.

So, in a nutshell, what I am suggesting is that we as readers of sacred texts should read them with a deeper and more expansive knowledge of prior interpretations and we should also understand that all acts of interpretation have the politics of the reader/scholar pre-inscribed in the act of reading itself.

That women are neither ontologically inferior nor tools within the male instrumental logic is an obvious statement of fact to me. And not because I live in the west and have lost touch with my roots (whatever that means), but because the whole system of Islamic justice will fall apart if women did not posses an equal ontological status to men. For is she is less than man and was created for his pleasure then the rules of justice cannot apply to her similarly as they apply to men. The rules of justice presuppose a uniform level of agency: that is why we do not punish those who are physically forced into crime through fear of violence. So, if woman is incapable of deeper thought, or total agency, then all her actions and crimes must be treated as those of someone not in control of her senses, or as someone lacking basic intelligence of a fully realized human being: this would render all acts by women as harmless and beyond the reach of law under rules of incompetency.

Also, in that other world, if woman is just an appendage and a ward of men, then she cannot be held accountable for her sins as a fully realized human being and thus not subject to divine judgment. It is only when the Muslim scholars accept female personhood as equal to man that they can justify and stabilize the Islamic system of corporeal and spiritual law, or else the entire edifice of Shariah is built on a shaky and unsound foundation.

End Notes:

[1] I am citing these quotes from memory. Readers can find Dr. Isrars writings on this website dedicated to his life and work: http://www.drisrarahmed.com/.

Author of Constructing Pakistan (Oxford UP, 2010) Masood Ashraf Raja is an Assistant Professor of Postcolonial Literature and Theory at the University of North Texas, United States and the editor of Pakistaniaat: A Journal of Pakistan Studies. His critical essays have been published in journals including South Asian Review, Digest of Middle East Studies, Caribbean Studies, Muslim Public Affairs Journal, and Mosaic. He is currently working on his second book, entitled Secular Fundamentalism: Poetics of Incitement and the Muslim Sacred.

siddique

MPA (400+ posts)
The ulama and the rights of women

http://www.viewpointonline.net/the-ulama-and-the-rights-of-women.html

In my textual encounters, and now sadly Youtube encounters, with the Ulama and their explanations of women’s rights in Islam, I have noticed some interesting interpretive practices that, in my view, tend to privilege a phallocentric view of the Muslim sacred.

Almost all of these “scholars” believe that the message of the Qur’an is hidden behind the words, and if, somehow, one knew enough Arabic, one could, so to speak, interpret the mind of God. In this process of interpretation, one is led to believe that the scholar is just disinterestedly extracting the hidden meaning in an objective encounter with the text. Sadly, these practices go counter to Islam’s own traditions of hermeneutics of the text and the postlinguisitc turn aspects of textual interpretation. What this objective retrieval of meaning assumes, then, is that, somehow, in this encounter with the text, the reader can leave his own subjectivity—and its attendant biases—behind and find out the true hidden meaning of the sacred text.

Those of us involved in the workings of literary theory are painfully aware that all acts of reading are highly contaminated and never really unmotivated. A text comes into being at the moment a reader reads it: interpretation, therefore, is an agential act, an act that involves the act of reading and interpretation by a reading subject.

This reading subject—or the subject of reading—also, we are told, brings his own “biases and prejudices” to the act of reading. The meaning thus construed is a combination of what is offered in a text and how that is filtered through the reader’s own preexisting attitudes toward the act of interpretation. That is why, Stanley Fish, a leading Reader response critic in the US, can explain the range of differences in interpretations of same text by different readers. According to Fish, the variety of interpretation occurs because the readers belong to a certain “interpretive community” and bring to the act of reading the practices privileged and normalized by their particular interpretative community.

So, when our Ulama read and interpret the gender roles in the Qur’an, a part of their interpretation comes from the words on the page but a large part of it also resides in their own preexisting biases as male gendered subjects in a Muslim society.

Almost all the major Ulama in Pakistan go to Surah Al-Nisa to expound their theories of inherent gender inequality as inscribed by the Qur’an. The most cited ayah is verse 34, a fragment of which is often cited: Arrijaal-o Qawwameea Alan-nisa. I will explain my point with specific reference to one particular interpretation of it by late Doctor Israr Ahmed, who, by the way, prided himself on his mastery of Arabic and often derided his opponents for their lack of understanding of the subtleties of Arabic language.

Doctor Israr translates this thusly: “Men are rulers over women” or as he would say it in his flawless Urdu, mard aurat per hakim hain. Now, those of us who are familiar with Arabic know that this is a gross reduction of the polysemy of the word Qawwaam. And it is this reduction that is crucial here, for it is made possible by what the interpreter hopes to privilege in the act of interpreting the text: a certain specific, hierarchical meaning of gendered roles in the Muslim society. This interpretation is crucial to Doctor Israr’s argument, for only then can he posit that women cannot be rulers, and not even members of parliament. I am not sure if he later revised his position, but I am just using his interpretation as one specific type of male-centric interpretation.

Now, even the official copy of the Qur’an produced by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia [the so-called Wahabis] gives a more fluid translation of the verse and the noun that Doctor Israr translates as “Haakim-Rulers.” The official English translation of the verse in the Saudi-produced translation is as follows:

“Men are the protectors

And maintainers of women . . .”

Furthermore, the translators of the Saudi version also provide a footnote to this particular sign/word in the ayah: “Qawwaam: one who stands firm in another’s business, protects his interests, and looks after his affairs. . .” (219).

Incidentally, the copy of the Qur’an that I am citing from was given to me as the “officially accepted” translation by the local leader of Doctor Israr’s organization in Quetta in 1994. So, while Doc. Israr himself was explaining the word Qawwaam as rulers, the official translation being provided by his organization was giving us a completely different reading of the term. Now, we all know that interpretation is always practiced within its prehistory along with other past and present translations of the scared. In fact, an important role of a scholar is to position his or herself within the larger debates on a certain topic. But, sadly, we are not so lucky in this regard when it comes to our Ulama. Most of our Ulama offer their interpretations of the sacred as original and originary, as if no work had been done before them. When Doctor Israr offers his interpretations of the sacred, it is with this sadly misplaced hubris: one is led to believe that the text had laid dormant for fourteen hundred years, until someone such as Doctor Israr came along and opened it up for us and decided its meaning by eliminating all insipient and obvious polysemous traces of the text.

There is however, a different interpretation of this particular Surah and the specific ayah very close to our time and space: namely in the work of Maulana Mumtaz Ali, who in 1898 published a book called Haqooq Al Niswan, The Rights of Women [Those interested in further exploration of this book can download it at http://archive.org].

In this book, Maulana Mumtaz Ali provides a line-by-line refutation of all metaphysical and logical claims about women’s inequality. He also accomplishes this by privileging a more nuanced and apt reading of the word Qawwaam. I provide a brief citation below in my translation:

The most convincing Qur’anic proof of that they offer [in favor of male superiority] is ayah 34 from Surah Alnisa. They translate it thusly: “Men are rulers over women.” . . . Qawwaam is a ‘saturated’ signifier: the person who is too busy in arranging and organizing the affairs of a business [karobaar] is considered Qawwaam. . . As men have to earn to provide for women, they are therefore in the role of Qawwameen. (17)

This, of course, is a very rough translation and does not provide the whole range of discussion that Maulana Ali mobilizes to make a case for women’s equality. Also important to note is that his interpretations has huge socio-political consequences. By opening a rhetorical space for women to enter the public sphere, Mumtaz Ali is able to foster and support the women’s education movement as a result of which the Muslim women of India enter the public sphere, access education, and eventually become active members of the Indian society.

In opposition to this, Doctor Israr’s interpretation is an attempt at reinscribing the figure of the woman back into the private sphere. In fact, in another of his lectures he insists that he is not opposed to women performing productive labor as long as “they are provided work in the privacy of their homes.”[1] This of course is a perfect recipe for the exploitation of women at the hands of international capital, which, by the way, relies quite heavily on these forms of privatized feminine labor.

Thus, while one scholar's interpretation creates a liberatory space for women and enables us to create a more equal and just society, another scholar wants us to accept the preexisting gender inequalities as natural and divinely sanctioned. In both these cases the meaning of the text is not simply drawn from the text but is rather construed through the “prejudices” and “expectations” that the reader/ scholar brings to the sacred text.

So, in a nutshell, what I am suggesting is that we as readers of sacred texts should read them with a deeper and more expansive knowledge of prior interpretations and we should also understand that all acts of interpretation have the politics of the reader/scholar pre-inscribed in the act of reading itself.

That women are neither ontologically inferior nor tools within the male instrumental logic is an obvious statement of fact to me. And not because I live in the west and have lost touch with my roots (whatever that means), but because the whole system of Islamic justice will fall apart if women did not posses an equal ontological status to men. For is she is less than man and was created for his pleasure then the rules of justice cannot apply to her similarly as they apply to men. The rules of justice presuppose a uniform level of agency: that is why we do not punish those who are physically forced into crime through fear of violence. So, if woman is incapable of deeper thought, or total agency, then all her actions and crimes must be treated as those of someone not in control of her senses, or as someone lacking basic intelligence of a fully realized human being: this would render all acts by women as harmless and beyond the reach of law under rules of incompetency.

Also, in that other world, if woman is just an appendage and a ward of men, then she cannot be held accountable for her sins as a fully realized human being and thus not subject to divine judgment. It is only when the Muslim scholars accept female personhood as equal to man that they can justify and stabilize the Islamic system of corporeal and spiritual law, or else the entire edifice of Shariah is built on a shaky and unsound foundation.

End Notes:

[1] I am citing these quotes from memory. Readers can find Dr. Israr’s writings on this website dedicated to his life and work: http://www.drisrarahmed.com/.

Author of Constructing Pakistan (Oxford UP, 2010) Masood Ashraf Raja is an Assistant Professor of Postcolonial Literature and Theory at the University of North Texas, United States and the editor of Pakistaniaat: A Journal of Pakistan Studies. His critical essays have been published in journals including South Asian Review, Digest of Middle East Studies, Caribbean Studies, Muslim Public Affairs Journal, and Mosaic. He is currently working on his second book, entitled Secular Fundamentalism: Poetics of Incitement and the Muslim Sacred.

another attempt to missguide muslims, u should keep this interpatation of quran to ur self, u r not an alim, so its better that u should keep ur understanding to urself,the refrence u gave about a moulana,who is he? where did he get his degree as an alim,which school of thought he belongs,never heard of him, so all ur work is vague,
STOP SPREADING UR VERSION OF QURAN INTERPERTATION,
THE THINGS U MENTIONED ABOUT URSELF NO WONDER U R EMPLOYED BY ALL THESE AGENCIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
U CANNOT HIDE URSELF BY CLAIMING ALL THAT ???????

awan4ever

another attempt to missguide muslims, u should keep this interpatation of quran to ur self, u r not an alim, so its better that u should keep ur understanding to urself,the refrence u gave about a moulana,who is he? where did he get his degree as an alim,which school of thought he belongs,never heard of him, so all ur work is vague,
THE THINGS U MENTIONED ABOUT URSELF NO WONDER U R EMPLOYED BY ALL THESE AGENCIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How shallow is your belief that you feel threatened by a mere article by someone trying to understand how interpretation of Holy scriptures MIGHT be biased?

And screw you. I am not going to keep anything to myself. You dont like it... get off the thread.

Last edited:

moazzamniaz

ہم مسلمانوں کے سب مسائل کچھ نرالی قسم کے ہیں. میرے خیال میں وجوہات مندرجہ ذیل ہیں

١- اسلام کے متعلق بہت ساری بڑی بڑی ناممکن باتیں ہم نے قسط وار اسلام میں شامل کردی ہیں اور اب ہم اس پر پکے ہو گئے ہیں. حقیقت میں بہت سی باتوں کا اسلام سے کوئی تعلق ہی نہیں. ایسی بہت سی گھڑی گھڑائی خود ساختہ باتیں غلط ثابت ہو چکی ہیں، مگر کیونکہ ہم اپنی جہالت میں انہیں اسلام کا جزو لا ینفک سمجھتے ہیں، اسلئیے ایسا لگتا ھے کہ اگر ان غلط باتوں کا انکار کر دیا تو ہمارے ایمان کی ساری عمارت ریت کے محل کی طرح زمیں بوس ہو جاۓ گی.اور ہر سوال پوچھنے والے کو شیطان کا آلہ کار سمجھنا ماضی قریب کی اصلاحی تحریکوں کا وضع کردہ سب سے نمایاں اصول ھے

٢- ہمارے سلف علماۓ کرام نے نہایت ایمانداری اور علمی مشقت سے جو پرانے زمانے میں فقہ کی صورت میں اسوقت کے معاشرے کے حساب سے جو اسلامی قوانین مقرر کیے، ہم نے خدا، قرآن اور حدیث کو چھوڑ کر انکو اسلام سمجھ لیا ھے. ہم مجہولوں سے اسلام بھی پناہ مانگتا ہو گا. سلف علماء کی عظیم خدمات کا بھی ہم نے خوب 'اچھا' صلہ دیا ھے

٣- موجودہ دور میں بھی قوانین مرتب کرتے ہوے اسلام کے مقصد، پیغام اور بنیادی اصولوں کو یکسر پامال کرتے ہوے، قرآنی آیات اور احادیث کے الفاظ کی پوجا شروع کی ہوئی ھے. اسلام کا چہرہ مسخ ہوتا ھے تو ہوتا رہے، معاشرہ بھاڑ میں جاۓ، انسانیت کا بیڑا غرق بھی ہو جاۓ تو کوئی بات نہیں، لیکن الفاظ کی پوجا پاٹ جاری رہنی چاہیے. ملاازم کے اکثر غیر انسانی، غیر اسلامی قوانین اسی فارمولے کی مدد سے بناۓ گئے ہیں. معصوموں کے قتل عام، چوری ، ڈکیتی، ریپ، کمزوروں پر ظلم، لٹیروں کا دفاع، نفرت انگیزی، حرام خوروں کا تحفظ وغیرہ ہر برائی کو "عین شرعی" ثابت کرنے کا یہی فارمولا ملا کی پٹاری میں موجود ھے. اور اس وقت یہی تمام کام ہم مسلمانوں کا عالمی سطح پر ٹریڈ مارک بن چکے ہیں

٤- موجودہ موضوع سمیت ہمارے تمام متنازعہ مسائل اسی جہالت کی بھینٹ چڑھ چکے ہیں. نقص اسلام یا قرآن میں نہیں بلکہ ہمارے دماغوں میں بھرے بھوسے میں ھے، اور جس پر ہم غور کرنے سے انکاری ہیں

siddique

MPA (400+ posts)
How shallow is your belief that you feel threatened by a mere article by someone trying to understand how interpretation of Holy scriptures MIGHT be biased?

And screw you. I am not going to keep anything to myself. You dont like it... get off the thread.

waisay to islam ke baat kertay ho ,or baat ke tameez nahe,
gali dayna munafiq ke alamat hay.
if the interpretation of quran in the whole world and in the umma is based on the previuos scholars, and u says that it is baised then how ur one is not totaly baised!!!!!!
u should urgently see a mental surgon!!!!!!! take my advice!!!!!!!u shall thank me !!!!!!!

bons

Minister (2k+ posts)
I know whats written...coz i wrote it myself dumbass...

RAFIDI/TAKFIRI/UNDERCOVER INDIAN!

Bari garmi hay babu. apnay commission main se sattoo piyo. Allah taala tumhain hidayat den. Aameen. Kabhi moqa milay to apni khopri scan karwa kar dekhna keh ander kia bhara hua hay?

awan4ever

if the interpretation of quran in the whole world and in the umma is based on the previuos scholars, and u says that it is baised then how ur one is not totaly baised!!!!!!
u should urgently see a mental surgon!!!!!!! take my advice!!!!!!!u shall thank me !!!!!!!

You should stop shouting and being obnoxious just because someone posted an article which doesnt go along with your beliefs. The article I posted is not insulting anyone nor twisting any Holy text to mean something else. It is just a scholarly evaluation of the theory of interpretation of the texts.
Is it forbidden to interpret the Quran in any other way than whats been done hundreds of years ago?
Is there a statute of limitations that has expired which prohibits any further literary research into the linguistics and meanings of the Holy Scripture?
Why do we have to be bound within the parameters of the fiqh which the 4 imams have left behind? Did they even limit further discussion?

The bias the writer has pointed out is explained as natural bias of human beings when visualizing, understanding and explaining a topic which can be viewed from multiple angles. If a woman was interpreting she would try to interpret from a female point of view. There is no harm in it.
Try to use an iota of brain matter before jerking off your mouth and spouting stupid comments which do not have any logical basis.
And stop being paranoid that your iman is under attack and your deen is under attack after reading every little bit of material which goes against your line of thinking.

awan4ever

RAFIDI/TAKFIRI/UNDERCOVER INDIAN!

Bari garmi hay babu. apnay commission main se sattoo piyo. Allah taala tumhain hidayat den. Aameen. Kabhi moqa milay to apni khopri scan karwa kar dekhna keh ander kia bhara hua hay?

Han Allah mujhay zarur hidayat day....ameen...baqi tum jaisay saray tau hidayat ke tamam manazil tay ker kay Wali aur Qutab ho gaye hein na!

Satto nahi mein thandi beer pe leta hoon...jao aik aur fatwa nikal do.

Look....heres me not giving a f***. :P

Last edited:

Mughal1

Dear brother siddique, please be assured that islam is not what we are told by our mawlanas but it is in the quran and the hadith books and to know it there are clear set rules that each and every person must adhere to. If they do not then whatever they say is useless. It matters not how many baby minded people back those whyo say wrong things about islam. The quran has the ability to stand any criticism. It is the ignorant amongst us who think if we questioned the quran it will fall apart. This fear is creation of mullahs not for the protection of the quran but to use and abuse people. My experience with the quran is very different. I see it opening up more avenues to things that a lot of people cannot see yet but in time they will as they learn and become wiser.

I have recently argued that all interpretations are personal view and that view is only acceptable if it is within limits set by rules for understanding of the quran. You will be surprised that even on this very forum people do not know that words used in the quran have many different meanings and to choose any of those needs evidence. The evidence is overall context as well as the context within surahs and within verses. Overall context is decided not by people or even muslim or for that matter nonmuslims but by accepted wisdom of humanity as a whole. It starts from common base and then down wards. This is why muslims who know the quran this way are able to convince nonmuslims about the truth the quran stands for.

Mullahs if you look at criticism of nonmuslims against islam you will see have been busy ruining its reputation by their self made random interpretations. It is therefore time not to give undue respect to people who do not prove their worth. If we do then we all will end up worshiping ignorance and stupidity as something virtuous.

May Allah open our hearts to what is right and makes sense and save us from what is wrong and nonsense.

regards and all the best.

Last edited:

Newt0n

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
I like this article.... its may not be completely correct but its not totally wrong either... As for those against it... I suggest to kindly be a little more creative in your approach... it would be nice if a proper reference is also given rather than just insulting comments...

As far as I think. Time change ppl change, and Islam is a religion that has the ability to accommodate and cater human needs all around the globe at anytime as this is the final religion that will live till the day of judgement... so the interpretations done are only human not divine, the text is divine but not the translation so whenever a human is involved there is a slight factor of error that shall not be neglected... Let it be Israr Ahmed or Zeeshan Haider Jawadi or Ibn e Kaseer any one can make mistakes or lets not call it a mistake they interpreted it to the best of their knowledge but according to the time and environment they lived in.

bons

Minister (2k+ posts)
Han Allah mujhay zarur hidayat day....ameen...baqi tum jaisay saray tau hidayat ke tamam manazil tay ker kay Wali aur Qutab ho gaye hein na!

Satto nahi mein thandi beer pe leta hoon...jao aik aur fatwa nikal do.

Look....heres me not giving a f***. :P

What else can we expect from an employee of CIA/RAW/MOSSAD? waisay garmi barhti ja rahi hay....

Isi liye to kehta hoon Allah taala tumhain hidayat dain aur seedha rasta dikhaen. Aameen.

awan4ever

What else can we expect from an employee of CIA/RAW/MOSSAD? waisay garmi barhti ja rahi hay....

Isi liye to kehta hoon Allah taala tumhain hidayat dain aur seedha rasta dikhaen. Aameen.

Ameen..summa ameen Qutab shah sahab.