The new Like, Dislike system on Siasat.pk

swing

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
admin bhai wiasay mujay tou classical version ziada pasand thaa like dislike ka aur plz yeh bata de k aub kaisay pata chalay ga k kitnay logo nay koe post pasand ki aur kitnay logo nay na pasand ki.

Waseem

Staff member
Re: slam o elikam

admin bhai wiasay mujay tou classical version ziada pasand thaa like dislike ka aur plz yeh bata de k aub kaisay pata chalay ga k kitnay logo nay koe post pasand ki aur kitnay logo nay na pasand ki.

Jub bhi aap ki post ko koe like/dislike karay a uss ka member ka naam/id aap ke post ke neechay nazar aye ga. Aur aap aik notification bhi milay ga Jis koe click kernay se aap uss post pe ja saktay hain jis ko like/dislike keya geya hay.

FaisalKh

Mod brothers when someone quotes a post then it is a bit of lengthy process to go to ur inbox then click message then another link and then the quoted post appears. I would suggest that if u put an option of appear in notification menu with thanks/like/dislike message along with email and private message then it would be much easier. For example if someone likes/dislikes/thanks then following member(s) liked/disliked ur post. Similarly when someone quotes then member_name quoted ur post and then u can click on that link and go direct to the post and thread. Also as far as i understood we have total of 50 private messages allowed so we will have to frequently empty the inbox. Thanks in advance.

Adeel

Founder

Guys, this like, dislike system is way more powerful. You will have all the stats and everything displayed on your profile. We are working on it to make it better.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Likes and Dislikes

Dear moderator / Web Master

I am creating a new thread so you notice immediately.

I am really not impressed by the new way of 'likes/dislike'. its confusing, difficult to understand, and simply ugly.

I much rather click on the green/red than do this. Also, with red/green its easy to measure acceptability of our posts.

Every once in a while web developers come up with an idea and deploy just because (s)he likes that way.

Please revert back to green/red clicks.

Also, something about buttons like 'submit new thread'. You have turned that into inverse video. Its ugly. Please revert back these ones also.

Before changing and deploying, please test it thoroughly. If you need I can volunteer as a user test.

Thanks

Gazoo

Wadaich

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
But please restrict the notification only to the posts rated by the other users. The posts rated by you may not appear in the notification. The name of the user in likes/dislikes is a great idea. Doesn't the "thanks" option seem bit redundant? What if we get to the "third Normal form (NF3) (serious)"

awan4ever

The new style doesnt seem to be too popular and I agree.
It should be kept to a simple 'like' or 'dislike' option and the 'thank for post option' should be removed as it serves no purpose. If someone likes the post that is thanks enough.
I would suggest that a total like or dislike counter should be added for the main post of the thread so people can see it on the front page and can see the popularity of the thread at a first glance. Also please add a reply counter on the thread heading so one can see how many replies have been posted on a certain thread. I know this feature is available if one goes to the 'my posts' section but it would be a lot more useful if its put upfront on every thread.

Heres a graphical representation of what I was trying to say above.
vMn7z.png

Adeel

Founder
Thank you everyone for your feedback. We'll be making changes as you guys suggest. Just give us sometime to experiment :)

adnan_swati

Senator (1k+ posts)
new rating method on siasat.pk .did you like it ??

from yesterday siasat.pk has started new rating method which is in much detail. you can see in detail who rated your post and who disliked it but

it is dificult method that previous one where your see in just a single glance about the rating of particular thread or post. moreover you can rate very easily yourself.

this new method is in detail but not an easy . you have to click more than once to check ratings.

i personally didnt like this new method as its not an easy one . what do you people say about this ??

Malik495

Re: new rating method on siasat.pk .did you like it ??

nice one.. siasat.pk is going to be the best forum of PAKISTAN inshallah

United4Pak

Minister (2k+ posts)
Re: new rating method on siasat.pk .did you like it ??

Change is a good thing else it starts to stink. Admin should be appreciated for their efforts. I am sure with some time later you will be it's big fan. If there are any discrepancies then they will hopefully improve it.

Ps. Congratulations on starting a thread not on army. Not all the army is bad like not all doctors are angels.

Brave Heart

Voter (50+ posts)
I m new to this forum, I still not understood, whats the benefit of this like/dislike/thanks system etc. Can anybody explain? I think, with alot of threads , these likes/thanks etc are redundant. we need simple plain threads which are easy to read, why ratings?

famamdani

Minister (2k+ posts)

mein ne aapko na-pasand kar liya. Kia aap ko pata chala? Aur pata chal bhi gaya to koi farq para?

Waisay apas ki baat hai mujhe purana system kuch dino pehlay hi samjh aaya tha.

takya jin patton pe tha wo hi hava dene lage:lol::lol::lol::lol:

swing

I m new to this forum, I still not understood, whats the benefit of this like/dislike/thanks system etc. Can anybody explain? I think, with alot of threads , these likes/thanks etc are redundant. we need simple plain threads which are easy to read, why ratings?
agar ap ko yeh lug chuka hai tou phir hud samaj jao gay aur agar nahe laga then check with WASEEM bhai.
c959d74753426ece848deb97a8c669b9.jpg

(aur haan waseem admin k pass jana waseem mohalaydaar k pass nahe)