Supporting Imran Khan By Fasi Zaka

mohib

Senator (1k+ posts)
At the recent TEDx event in Karachi, I heard Imran Khan speak. His talk reminded me of why he is a great man: His cancer hospital that caters to the poorest who suffer from this cruel disease, and his educational initiatives in the least developed areas of Pakistan. He has managed to give to the poorest of the poor where the state has failed, and with a level of integrity that is unmatched. During his talk, he came out as a man with humility and fortitude, not something that comes out through his almost near constant presence on television talk shows. He deserves to be in the list of the pantheons of our living saints, like Edhi. Imran has already had more turns at public life than other great men: But in politics he has made little headway despite this impressive resume. His selling point, un-corruptibility and independence, has been long established, amongst other instances, through the WikiLeaks saga.
Many Pakistanis clamour for an independent Pakistan free of corruption, yet they balk at the idea of supporting Imran Khan, myself included. This dissonance is interesting, especially since it is coupled with an increasing gulf with broadening support from the online Facebook generation of youth for Imran.The main reason for the above, I suspect, is his unwillingness to play compromise politics. If a man is unwilling to compromise on his integrity, that should make him stand shoulders above the rest, no? Unfortunately, that’s not true in Imran’s case. A man who fears no one but his own conscience would, in Pakistan, take a stand against the oppressive treatment of minorities, increasing radicalisation of society, demonstrate strength against the Taliban, an issue parliament so easily caved in on, take on the top brass of the military who have compromised this nation and the institution itself.
That doesn’t describe Imran Khan. Speaking on these issues can get you killed, and lose your place and support in this society. His choice is the simpler one; ride on anti-Americanism and support the establishment while condemning an already discredited government. Also, one doesn’t know what Imran really believes in.He says the NRO, an unforgivable law from American and British meddling, came to undermine the ISI and the army. If anything, it legitimised the role of the army since Musharraf was in power when it was drawn up. [HI]The press has been rife with rumours suggesting that Imran Khan has sided with the establishment for support. He scoffs at this, but it wouldn’t be out of character, as a committed democrat he has in the past happily endorsed Musharraf.[/HI]
But the real matter, and one that Imran Khan takes issue with, is that it’s suggested by some that he is a Taliban sympathiser. And for that, one has to consider that there is no other force in Pakistan that treats them as a legitimate entity that has tangible demands that can be accommodated with negotiations. [HI]But perhaps most troubling is Imran Khan’s belief in magic. He thinks if the US withdraws from Afghanistan, all will be fixed. Once radicalised, mission creep begins. To believe that those who enjoy the spoils of the fruits of terror will cave in is a gross misunderstanding of what groups like the Taliban are. They want an end to Pakistan as it is, under our Constitution. [/HI]Imran Khan extends the same line of thought to why there are divisions in the army amongst those who may have helped in the PNS Mehran attack. He traces it back to the war on terror, but misreads that the radicalised jawan just wants the Americans gone. They want democracy to end, they want minorities to cease to exist, they want a fascism of their narrowly-defined beliefs, and they want a state of perpetual war against others. In “Parker Spitzer” on CNN, Imran blamed the death of Salmaan Taseer on the war on terror. As if blasphemy related murders never happened before 9/11. In the same show, when prodded to explain how terrorism could end, he suggested a ceasefire, negotiations and compromise. That’s exactly what happened in 2009 in Swat and Malakand, with the government going further and giving the extremists legal cover.
In all of Imran’s statements, one can find a rich source of caveats where he espouses progressive views. But it’s hard to take that on face value when banned groups, Hamid Gul and the Jamaat-e-Islami take a liking to him and he cavorts with the latter two. To be uncompromising, one needs to stick his neck out for the defenceless and challenge the war on rationality in Pakistan. Pakistan is already overwhelmingly against the drones. In Imran, all we have now is a suave Jamaat-i-Islami version 2.0 repackaged in his person, not revolutionary but old news.
Published in The Express Tribune, June 15th, 2011.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/188806/supporting-imran-khan/

Last edited:

victim

MPA (400+ posts)
Fasi Zaka has just disappointed me. He needs to reconfigure his brain which has crashed because of a virus attack.

M Ali Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
This is what fasi zaka thinks....who cares what fasi zaka thinks!!!!!:crazy:
yeh support nahi kar raha bakwas kar raha ha
Fasi Zaka has just disappointed me. He needs to reconfigure his brain which has crashed because of a virus attack.
Is he the same GAY who used to conduct an English show with two other GAYS.
Fasi is another "CHAY" of the express Tribune BS brigade.
Why stop there? You left out the part of him being a CIA/Mossad/RAW/Qadiyani paid agent....

Another typical Pakistani response:

Dont debate the contents and discussions of the article presented,

dont even bother READING what the writer has said,

just throw mud at the writer and get it done with!

All is well..... (clap) :alhamd:

Last edited:

fahid_asif

Senator (1k+ posts)
At the recent TEDx event in Karachi, I heard Imran Khan speak. His talk reminded me of why he is a great man: His cancer hospital that caters to the poorest who suffer from this cruel disease, and his educational initiatives in the least developed areas of Pakistan. He has managed to give to the poorest of the poor where the state has failed, and with a level of integrity that is unmatched. During his talk, he came out as a man with humility and fortitude, not something that comes out through his almost near constant presence on television talk shows. He deserves to be in the list of the pantheons of our living saints, like Edhi. Imran has already had more turns at public life than other great men: But in politics he has made little headway despite this impressive resume. His selling point, un-corruptibility and independence, has been long established, amongst other instances, through the WikiLeaks saga.
Many Pakistanis clamour for an independent Pakistan free of corruption, yet they balk at the idea of supporting Imran Khan, myself included. This dissonance is interesting, especially since it is coupled with an increasing gulf with broadening support from the online Facebook generation of youth for Imran.The main reason for the above, I suspect, is his unwillingness to play compromise politics. If a man is unwilling to compromise on his integrity, that should make him stand shoulders above the rest, no? Unfortunately, that’s not true in Imran’s case. A man who fears no one but his own conscience would, in Pakistan, take a stand against the oppressive treatment of minorities, increasing radicalisation of society, demonstrate strength against the Taliban, an issue parliament so easily caved in on, take on the top brass of the military who have compromised this nation and the institution itself.
That doesn’t describe Imran Khan. Speaking on these issues can get you killed, and lose your place and support in this society. His choice is the simpler one; ride on anti-Americanism and support the establishment while condemning an already discredited government. Also, one doesn’t know what Imran really believes in.He says the NRO, an unforgivable law from American and British meddling, came to undermine the ISI and the army. If anything, it legitimised the role of the army since Musharraf was in power when it was drawn up. [HI]The press has been rife with rumours suggesting that Imran Khan has sided with the establishment for support. He scoffs at this, but it wouldn’t be out of character, as a committed democrat he has in the past happily endorsed Musharraf.[/HI]
But the real matter, and one that Imran Khan takes issue with, is that it’s suggested by some that he is a Taliban sympathiser. And for that, one has to consider that there is no other force in Pakistan that treats them as a legitimate entity that has tangible demands that can be accommodated with negotiations. [HI]But perhaps most troubling is Imran Khan’s belief in magic. He thinks if the US withdraws from Afghanistan, all will be fixed. Once radicalised, mission creep begins. To believe that those who enjoy the spoils of the fruits of terror will cave in is a gross misunderstanding of what groups like the Taliban are. They want an end to Pakistan as it is, under our Constitution. [/HI]Imran Khan extends the same line of thought to why there are divisions in the army amongst those who may have helped in the PNS Mehran attack. He traces it back to the war on terror, but misreads that the radicalised jawan just wants the Americans gone. They want democracy to end, they want minorities to cease to exist, they want a fascism of their narrowly-defined beliefs, and they want a state of perpetual war against others. In “Parker Spitzer” on CNN, Imran blamed the death of Salmaan Taseer on the war on terror. As if blasphemy related murders never happened before 9/11. In the same show, when prodded to explain how terrorism could end, he suggested a ceasefire, negotiations and compromise. That’s exactly what happened in 2009 in Swat and Malakand, with the government going further and giving the extremists legal cover.
In all of Imran’s statements, one can find a rich source of caveats where he espouses progressive views. But it’s hard to take that on face value when banned groups, Hamid Gul and the Jamaat-e-Islami take a liking to him and he cavorts with the latter two. To be uncompromising, one needs to stick his neck out for the defenceless and challenge the war on rationality in Pakistan. Pakistan is already overwhelmingly against the drones. In Imran, all we have now is a suave Jamaat-i-Islami version 2.0 repackaged in his person, not revolutionary but old news.

jo loog english newspaper pertay hain, un k ahwaal se koun waqif nhi? ye ya to sarkari dafater, army, sahib e iqtadaar ya international loog pertay hain. is ko ye likhnay k $$$$$$ mil jayeein gay. pujhay k tea stall pe english newspaper nhi parha jata. awam main Imran Khan k khilaf nafrat phailanay main koi aur tareeqa istamaal kro. kyon nawaz shareef k 10 cror zaya ker rhay ho?

M Ali Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
jo loog english newspaper pertay hain, un k ahwaal se koun waqif nhi? ye ya to sarkari dafater, army, sahib e iqtadaar ya international loog pertay hain. is ko ye likhnay k $$$$$$ mil jayeein gay. pujhay k tea stall pe english newspaper nhi parha jata. awam main Imran Khan k khilaf nafrat phailanay main koi aur tareeqa istamaal kro. kyon nawaz shareef k 10 cror zaya ker rhay ho?
haan haan...jaisay humara Urdu press barra khuda ka noor, ba-shaoor, sachai sey bhara hua hai!!

kya yeh Imran Khan ka fan pujhay k tea stall par aata jaata hai??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07318jK1rig

mrcritic

Minister (2k+ posts)
@ M Ali Khan

Where does your VOTE fall on?
PML N/PML Q/JUI/ANP/MQM??? <----If you want to rely on them - then you are HOPELESS.

You are not PTI thats for sure.

M Ali Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
@ M Ali Khan

Where does your VOTE fall on?
PML N/PML Q/JUI/ANP/MQM??? <----If you want to rely on them - then you are HOPELESS.

You are not PTI thats for sure.
I can give you a hint:
I'd rather commit suicide than ever dream of voting for JUI/JI because I have intense hatred towards the mullahs and their non-halal filled bellies and their support of Jihadi murderers ;)

I'm not from KP nor am I a Pathan so I have no reason to vote for ANP. I'm not a fan of the Bhutto dynasty and the PPP leadership. I utterly despise Nawaz Sharif and the lotas of PML-Q.

I'm not a Communist so you wont see me attending CMKP rallies.

I'm not a Taliban apologist that relies on delusional naaray baazi and play with the emotions of our deluded and frustrated youth, which would NEVER blame the GHQ/Aabpara 'dangerous duffers' that have ruined this country. So I will not vote for PTI.

The closest party I can vote for is MQM because of their genuine middle class roots that actually works (no other party has that!), but I'm not from Karachi/Sindh and I find Altaf Hussain to be a mental case.

While I support the cause of middle class Baloch nationalists and human rights activists (whoever is alive given how they get picked up by agencies, and their websites blocked by PTA, incl the neutral and open The Baloch Hal blog!), I cannot vote for BNP since I am not from Balochistan.

So I have no choice to vote for someone that actually makes sense on a broader national level that does not merely cater to semi-educated urban types from Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad using useless naarey baazi!

So as a compromise: Vote MQM

Last edited:

mrcritic

Minister (2k+ posts)
@ M ALI Khan

You find the leader of MQM to be a mental case (rightfully so) and you still end up voting for him. Bravo.

Enough said - no further argument with you -

M Ali Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
@ M ALI Khan

You find the leader of MQM to be a mental case (rightfully so) and you still end up voting for him. Bravo.

Enough said - no further argument with you -
Who said I am voting for Altaf Hussain?

He is not the whole of MQM when you have proper people like Dr Farooq Sattar, Haider Abbas Rizvi, Mustafa Kamal and many more who genuinely act like a team of level headed educated men and can counter the madness and hilarity of Altaf bhai!!

Altaf Hussain is just a mouthpiece the MQM is better off without, but that wont stop me from voting for MQM if I am forced to vote that is!

Like I said, I am not 100% comfortable with MQM either, so I have to COMPROMISE if I have to vote even if I am not from Karachi or urban Sindh for that matter!

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
This to seems just a lot -of-repetitive-nothing-packaged in -english. I do not think Mr Fasi has even justified the assumptions he has drawn.

Beatle

MPA (400+ posts)
Many Pakistanis clamour for an independent Pakistan free of corruption, yet they balk at the idea of supporting Imran Khan, myself included. This dissonance is interesting, especially since it is coupled with an increasing gulf with broadening support from the online Facebook generation of youth for Imran.The main reason for the above, I suspect, is his unwillingness to play compromise politics. If a man is unwilling to compromise on his integrity, that should make him stand shoulders above the rest, no? Unfortunately, thats not true in Imrans case. A man who fears no one but his own conscience would, in Pakistan, take a stand against the oppressive treatment of minorities, increasing radicalisation of society, demonstrate strength against the Taliban, an issue parliament so easily caved in on, take on the top brass of the military who have compromised this nation and the institution itself.
That doesnt describe Imran Khan. Speaking on these issues can get you killed, and lose your place and support in this society. His choice is the simpler one; ride on anti-Americanism and support the establishment while condemning an already discredited government. Also, one doesnt know what Imran really believes in.He says the NRO, an unforgivable law from American and British meddling, came to undermine the ISI and the army. If anything, it legitimised the role of the army since Musharraf was in power when it was drawn up. [HI]The press has been rife with rumours suggesting that Imran Khan has sided with the establishment for support. He scoffs at this, but it wouldnt be out of character, as a committed democrat he has in the past happily endorsed Musharraf.[/HI]
But the real matter, and one that Imran Khan takes issue with, is that its suggested by some that he is a Taliban sympathiser. And for that, one has to consider that there is no other force in Pakistan that treats them as a legitimate entity that has tangible demands that can be accommodated with negotiations. [HI]But perhaps most troubling is Imran Khans belief in magic. He thinks if the US withdraws from Afghanistan, all will be fixed. Once radicalised, mission creep begins. To believe that those who enjoy the spoils of the fruits of terror will cave in is a gross misunderstanding of what groups like the Taliban are. They want an end to Pakistan as it is, under our Constitution. [/HI]Imran Khan extends the same line of thought to why there are divisions in the army amongst those who may have helped in the PNS Mehran attack. He traces it back to the war on terror, but misreads that the radicalised jawan just wants the Americans gone. They want democracy to end, they want minorities to cease to exist, they want a fascism of their narrowly-defined beliefs, and they want a state of perpetual war against others. In Parker Spitzer on CNN, Imran blamed the death of Salmaan Taseer on the war on terror. As if blasphemy related murders never happened before 9/11. In the same show, when prodded to explain how terrorism could end, he suggested a ceasefire, negotiations and compromise. Thats exactly what happened in 2009 in Swat and Malakand, with the government going further and giving the extremists legal cover.
In all of Imrans statements, one can find a rich source of caveats where he espouses progressive views. But its hard to take that on face value when banned groups, Hamid Gul and the Jamaat-e-Islami take a liking to him and he cavorts with the latter two. To be uncompromising, one needs to stick his neck out for the defenceless and challenge the war on rationality in Pakistan. Pakistan is already overwhelmingly against the drones. In Imran, all we have now is a suave Jamaat-i-Islami version 2.0 repackaged in his person, not revolutionary but old news.

By the way, who is this "FUSSY" zaka?????????

SachGoee

Senator (1k+ posts)
Watched a glimpse of Fasi Zaka after 6 - 8 years. Good to see him joining Dawn Tv.I used to listen to his Radio shows in my teens. I learned alot. He is a Patriot and a very learned indivisual. His Cricket related debates used to be fun aswell.Don't know what his current opinion about PTI performance is but what little I watched he was damn right in supporting FATA's merger and speaking up for the people of FATA. Also liked the fact that he said JUI F in KPK is like MQM in Sindh also took a class of Ittehadeez for for raising objections.