Police set new record of brutality, cold-blooded mass murder

drkjke

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
http://www.thenews.com.pk/TodaysPrintDetail.aspx?ID=6080&Cat=13&dt=5/18/2011

Umar Cheema
Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Police set new record of brutality, cold-blooded mass murder

ISLAMABAD: Police brutality touched a new height in Pakistan as an inspector in Sheikhupura District settled his private dispute with a family by mercilessly killing six of its members, including a 14-year girl, looting their valuables, setting fire to their other assets, washing the crime scene and registering an FIR against the dead.

A sessions court order for registering of an FIR against the killer police inspector has been thrown into the dustbin as the accused inspector is not only still at large, he is still serving in the same police station.

Sheikhupura DPO Rana Shahid feigned ignorance about the court order when contacted by The News. As the crime venue was located in another police station, a joint raid by policemen of two police stations was carried out on April 30, playing havoc with the family that is knocking on every door to seek justice, but in vain.

The incident has been portrayed as a police encounter whereas none of the killed people was a proclaimed offender. The hapless victim family has now sought the intervention of the chief justice through an application moved to the human rights cell of the Supreme Court.

Background interviews with people of the area and the complaint sent to the Supreme Court indicate that the SHO had personal animosity with the victim family that had previously complained against him resulting in his suspension for a long time.

In the latest episode, the SHO allegedly wanted the family to vacate the land measuring 49 acres that the victims had acquired on lease of five years from a relative of the police inspector and its expiry was due after three years. But as he went on the killing spree, the incident was later portrayed as a police encounter.

This nerve shaking tragedy occurred on April 30 when the SHO went to the residence of the family situated in the farming area, outside the village Thattha Qadir Shah, according to the complaint sent to the Supreme Court by Nazeeran Bibi who had her two sons killed besides four others. The SHO had allegedly put family on two-day notice to vacate the land with a warning of dire consequences in case of non-compliance.

As the family defied his personal directive, their house was reduced to a killing ground as the residential compound was surrounded by police and indiscriminate firing was done. Hand grenades were also used, according to the complainant, Nazeeran Bibi. Two family members, Gul Zaman and Suleman, who took shelter in bathroom, were forced out and killed in cold-blooded manner.

As the women tried to flee, bursts were fired killing one Irshad Bibi, a 14-year girl who was a guest of the family. Another lady, daughter-in-law of the complainant Mehwish and her one-month old child Noyan Haider received serious injuries. Three other male members, Afzal, Yousaf and Muhammad Ahmad were attacked with hand-grenades and bullets killing them on the spot. As the killing spree ended, police left the scene taking along two motor-bikes, cash and gold.

The history of animosity between the family and the SHO dates back to many years. In first such incident, maternal niece of the complainant, was taunted and obscene language used against her allegedly by the SHO. A writ petition was filed against him in the Lahore High Court resulting in SHOs suspension.

Now, as the family approached for registering an FIR, their request was denied pushing them to move the court of Additional Sessions judge Mian Mansab Ali Joyia who directed the relevant police station to register an FIR against the alleged killer inspector.

The court order directed the relevant police station SHO to listen the petitioner, make sure and thereafter register an FIR under the relevant provisions of law, if a cognizable offence is made out, otherwise strict action shall be taken against him. The court order has not been complied with to-date.

Instead, a 35-member police team went to the venue Monday, washed the crime scene and set on fire the other stuff that couldnt be washed. As The News contacted Sheikhupura DPO Rana Shahid, he expressed ignorance about any court order and asked this correspondent to send him a copy of the order. This document was sent, but he did not reply.

drkjke

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
ah .my heart shivers after reading the story of this brutality
when police belongs to one two select castes which are lower in grade than animals than the life and honour of other caste people is always unsafe.and this police brutality is worse in punjab and if you observe all police officers in smaller punjab cities belong to such jaangali castes who kill and rape people for fun

can any civilised society tolerate taht such evil people stay alive in our society!!!why not justice is done and such police men etc are hanged...but oh just wait!!!! i forgot that our judges mostly also belong to same caste and creed!!!!

anyway pakistani police now kills even teen aged girls for fun

pray that allah sends such an azaab that it flattens them all and sends them to hell.as i am hundred percent sure that in this case justice wont be delivered as usual

sarbakaf

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Looking at alot of these sort of evidences every day i wonder sometimes that wahts happening in pakistan
is it punishment of our deeds by Almighty Allah or just miss management ?

A.Ali.T

Minister (2k+ posts)
ah .my heart shivers after reading the story of this brutality
when police belongs to one two select castes which are lower in grade than animals than the life and honour of other caste people is always unsafe.and this police brutality is worse in punjab and if you observe all police officers in smaller punjab cities belong to such jaangali castes who kill and rape people for fun

can any civilised society tolerate taht such evil people stay alive in our society!!!why not justice is done and such police men etc are hanged...but oh just wait!!!! i forgot that our judges mostly also belong to same caste and creed!!!!

anyway pakistani police now kills even teen aged girls for fun

pray that allah sends such an azaab that it flattens them all and sends them to hell.as i am hundred percent sure that in this case justice wont be delivered as usual

drkjke
Brother I can feel the pain and hatred in your words. I feel the same way, unless we clean the mess from within our law enforcement agencies, events like Mehran base and Sheikhupura will keep on happening.