Pakistan should apologise to Bangladesh - Hamid Mir

jimpack

Minister (2k+ posts)
On March 26, the government of Pakistan should apologise to the people of Bangladesh for the genocide of March 1971, says the wellknown Pakistan television anchor Hamid Mir.

Some people hate me a lot in Pakistan. They hate me because I said sorry to Bangladeshis two years ago at the Islamabad Press Club for the atrocities committed by the Pakistan army in 1971. They hate me because I also demanded an official apology from the government of Pakistan to the people of Bangladesh for the genocide of March 1971. They say I don't know anything. They say I am not a good Pakistani.

They say I was very young in 1971 and I am not aware of the truth. Yes, I was only a young school-going boy in 1971, but I heard and read a lot about the genocide. How can I deny my late father Professor Waris Mir who visited Dhaka in October 1971 with a delegation of Punjab University students?

My father was a teacher of journalism at the Punjab University in Lahore. He was asked by the university administration to organize a visit of the student union's office bearers to Turkey, but my father took the boys to Dhaka with their consent. They wanted to know what was actually going on in Dhaka.

I still remember that after my father came back from Dhaka, he wept for many days. He told us stories of bloodshed. These stories were similar to the story of my mother.
My mother lost her whole family during the migration from Jammu to Pakistan in 1947. Her brothers were killed by Hindus and Sikhs in front of her eyes. Her mother was kidnapped.

She saved her life by hiding under the bodies of her relatives. I remember that my mother cried a lot when my father told her that Pakistan army officers raped many Bengali women. My mother said, "We sacrificed for the safety of our honour, but why we are dishonouring each other today?"

My father always said that Bengalis made Pakistan and we Punjabis broke Pakistan. Once he said that March 23 is Pakistan Day, March 26 should be the apology day and December 16 should be the accountability day. I started understanding the thoughts of my late father when I became a journalist in 1987. When I first read the Hamoodur Rehman Commission Report I felt ashamed. This Pakistani commission inquiry report admitted to murder and rapes, but despite this documentary evidence, many people still live in a state of denial.

They say Sheikh Mujibur Rehman was a traitor who created the Mukti Bahini with India's help and killed many innocent Punjabis and Biharis. I say Sheikh Mujib was a worker of the Pakistan movement; he was a supporter of Fatima Jinnah, Muhammad Ali Jinnah's sister, till 1966. He only demanded some provincial autonomy, but the military rulers declared him a traitor. In fact, these military rulers were traitors because their troops raped their own mothers and sisters. They say I am a liar and I am an enemy of Pakistan. How could I be an enemy of Pakistan? My mother sacrificed her whole family for Pakistan. My problem is that I cannot deny the truth.

A senior colleague of mine is still alive. His name is Afzal Khan. He is 73 years old. He worked with the Associated Press of Pakistan. He was secretary general of the Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists between 1980 and 1985. Afzal Khan was sent to Dhaka on March 28, 1971 for coverage of the army operations. He told me many times that yes, the Mukti Bahini killed a lot of innocent people, but what the Pakistan army did was not the job of a national army.

Once he was staying at Isphahani House in Khulna, then East Pakistan. An army major offered him the chance to spend the night with a girl. When Afzal Khan asked who the girl was, the major informed him that she was the daughter of a local police officer and she could come to Isphahani House at gun point. After this incident, Afzal Khan returned to Lahore.

Afzal Khan says that all those who were responsible for the rapes and genocide of Bangladeshis never enjoyed any respect in Pakistan. The name of General Yahya Khan is still like an abuse in Pakistan. His son Ali Yahya always tries to hide from people. General Tikka Khan is still remembered as the 'butcher of Bengal'. General A A K Niazi wanted to become the 'tiger of Bengal', but he is remembered as the 'jackal of Bengal'.
A majority of Pakistanis hate all those who were responsible for the genocide of their Bangladeshi brothers. That is the reason the family members of these army officers don't even mention publicly who their fathers were. Still there are people who are not ready to admit their blunders.

These people are in a minority, but they are powerful. I consider them enemies of the Pakistan for which my mother sacrificed her family. Why should we defend these enemies? Why doesn't our democratic government officially apologise to Bengalis? This apology will not weaken Pakistan. It will strengthen Pakistan.

I am sure that Pakistan is changing fast. A day will come very soon when the government of Pakistan will officially say sorry to Bangladeshis and March 26 will become an apology day for patriotic Pakistanis. I want this apology because Bengalis created Pakistan. I want this apology because Bengalis supported Jinnah's sister against General Ayub Khan till her last breath. I want this apology because I want to forge a new relationship with the people of Bangladesh. I don't want to live in my dirty past. I want to live in a neat and clean future. I want a bright future not only for Pakistan but also for Bangladesh.

I want this apology because I love Pakistan and I love Bangladesh.
Happy Independence Day to my Bangladeshi brothers and sisters.

Hamid Mir, Executive Editor, Geo TV, receives the SAARC Lifetime Achievement Award at the SAARC Writers Conference on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:

rana14801

Senator (1k+ posts)
about Hamid meer, i can only say that he is some agent working here and making us fool. what happened to Pakistanies and with their families,he never brought it to picture.he having access to media and electronic media,he always poses one sided stories and make the innocent people fool. i can only say that what all happend with our people and families,i m one of the witness to it. many of my colleages and their familes had suffered unhuman behavieor and sacrificed their honor,money,lives and families including children about which he never speaks.to me he is an agent who is working on some agenda.Bengalies were never anti pakistani.they were misguided by hindu teaching staff right from the day of indep in 1947.India was actualy working on that. Hamid mir has probably forgotten the remarks of Indra gandhi after the fall of Dacca. East pakistan had about 90 % of hindu teachers in their all institutions, schools,colleges and universisties.they basically worked on agenda. and later on after the fall, people going from here were told made up stories. hundreds of thousands of our muslim girls and women were forced to become prostitutes in India spcialy Calcuta and other cities.hamid mir have u ever thought about them ? who abducted them and made them workers of sex? hamid mir u r from Kashmir and what all is happening with Kashmiries at Indian held Kashmir? hamid mir u r a Kashmirie not a pakistani to feel our pain.much more i can say but i have writen some food for thought for people who r real pakistanies and think as well.

P

pcdoc24x7

My friends that's been the basic problem with us as a nation that anytime a countryman gives us some facts which we do not agree with as they clash with our views, what do we do - we turn them into an American agent, a spy, a traitor and even in extreme cases a non-Muslim. No wonder where we stand compared to the rest of the world. No wonder why we deserve the corrupt and useless leaders. No wonder why Pakistant is not an economic superpower in the world compared to other countries which got independence later than us. We are the nation who produced Jinnah and Iqbal. We need to learn from our past mistakes and what we did to East Pakistan is not mere story ... these are the facts ... start reading history books and do some research and you will come to know that Hamid Mir is 100% right. It is time to apologize to our brothers ... They were the main reasons we are what we are ... They were an integral part of the independence struggle. I know our enemies tooks advantage in 1971 but that was way after we denied the Bengalis their consitutional rights and when we started to treat them as a 2nd class citizen in their own country. Shame on our leaders. Maybe one day when I my country will be a true Islamic country with honest and patriotic leaders, maybe they will have the spine to admit the mistakes we made and apologize to Bengladesh. For Pakistan to rise again - we need equal rights for all ... The Islamic welfare system must prevail Inshallah. The new generation will think beyond race, color, creed, religion, caste or which province one belongs to...We have to start thinking like One Nation One Goal. May Allah protect Pakistan and Long live my mother nation.

imrankhan0

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
hamid mir is a courages man, we need more truth seeking pakistanis like him. only then can we make sure we do not make similar mistakes in the future. uptil now we have always been denying any wrong doings of our army we let them get away with murder and rape, all they have to say is the dead body is a terrorist or a traitor and we say OK. we must stop this bull shit. we must put up banners saying "orders ke liye qatal ki bhi saza moot hi hay". aj phir hamari army hamaray pakhtoon or baloochi bhaion ko mar rahi hay, or wohi porana dhandora peeta ja raha hay, indian support. koi independent journalist ko wahan janay ki ijazat nahin, sirf ISPR ki press release hamay son ne ko milti hay. ye wo hi ISPR hay jis ne kaha tha ke jinnah pur ke naqshay milay hain or baad me kaha ham to mazaq kar rahay thay. ye wohi ISPR hay jis ne kaha ke drone aye ham ne F-16 scramble kiye drone bhag gaye. or baad me pata chala ke pakistan army ke shamsi air base se ho ordtay hain ye drones. ye wohi ISPR hay jis ne apnay logon ko insan dikhanay ke liye ALpha bravo charlie banaya, ye wo hi ISPR hay jo bands ko function me singing ke promise karti hay agar woh pak army ke liye ganay banayain. ye wo hi ISPR hay jis ne kaha Lal masjid me gher mulki thay or koi bhi gher mulki na nikla, ye wo hi ISPR hay jis ne kaha ke phosphorus bomb nahin istimal kiye lal-masjid me or baad me comment karnay se inkar kar diya jab jali hoyi lashain milin.

bas karoo mere bhayion ISPR or pakistan army ne America ki ghulami tasleem kar li hay, ab in par eitibar or rely karna chord do, mujhay yaqeen hay ke do char achay loog hain army officers me, lekin on ko bhi raghard do ISPR ki zaban me collatoral damage samajh ke

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
imrankhan0 said:
hamid mir is a courages man, we need more truth seeking pakistanis like him. only then can we make sure we do not make similar mistakes in the future. uptil now we have always been denying any wrong doings of our army we let them get away with murder and rape, all they have to say is the dead body is a terrorist or a traitor and we say OK. we must stop this bull shit. we must put up banners saying "orders ke liye qatal ki bhi saza moot hi hay". aj phir hamari army hamaray pakhtoon or baloochi bhaion ko mar rahi hay, or wohi porana dhandora peeta ja raha hay, indian support. koi independent journalist ko wahan janay ki ijazat nahin, sirf ISPR ki press release hamay son ne ko milti hay. ye wo hi ISPR hay jis ne kaha tha ke jinnah pur ke naqshay milay hain or baad me kaha ham to mazaq kar rahay thay. ye wohi ISPR hay jis ne kaha ke drone aye ham ne F-16 scramble kiye drone bhag gaye. or baad me pata chala ke pakistan army ke shamsi air base se ho ordtay hain ye drones. ye wohi ISPR hay jis ne apnay logon ko insan dikhanay ke liye ALpha bravo charlie banaya, ye wo hi ISPR hay jo bands ko function me singing ke promise karti hay agar woh pak army ke liye ganay banayain. ye wo hi ISPR hay jis ne kaha Lal masjid me gher mulki thay or koi bhi gher mulki na nikla, ye wo hi ISPR hay jis ne kaha ke phosphorus bomb nahin istimal kiye lal-masjid me or baad me comment karnay se inkar kar diya jab jali hoyi lashain milin.

bas karoo mere bhayion ISPR or pakistan army ne America ki ghulami tasleem kar li hay, ab in par eitibar or rely karna chord do, mujhay yaqeen hay ke do char achay loog hain army officers me, lekin on ko bhi raghard do ISPR ki zaban me collatoral damage samajh ke

should we expect applogies from India for:

1. Murder of 6million Muslims in Bihar in 1947?

2. For killing of over a million Urdu speakers in East pakistan

3. for murderinf over 5 million muslims on way to Pakistan?

4. breaking our east pakistan?

5. terrorising Pakistan by training, financing, and sending suicide bombers?

6. for shutting out water supply by not abiding by the water treaties?

etc etc

Waiting to hear from respected members

drkjke

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
beware brothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hamid meer is a cia agent
he is the same guy who publically said on american tv that next attack of alqaeda will be a nuclear attack on newyork and it will be planned from pakistan!!.by this statement he seriously put into risk pakistans security
all journalism knowing people know the fact that hamid meer and many other geo correspondents take a regular salary from cia and other anti pakistani agencies

secondly why should we apologise to bangalis?this baighairat haimd meer the son of meer jafar does not know that how many innocent pakistanis the bengalis killed in 1971

in 1971 more than one lakh western pakistanis from punjab nwfp etc were murdered by bengali nationalists ,these bengali nationalists were under direct command from indian agency raw

if i was ruler of pakistan (ie army chief :lol: ) i would have thrown hamid meer out of country,so he could live in bengladesh and eat rice and fish and spend his last days singing bengali hindu bhajans

well .. its a shame .. shameful loosers sitting in the uk .. who have no motherland in this world .. yes it is sad and it is sad .. i agree

some pppl are tipu sultan ,. everybody respects them .. they live with grace dignity, honour .. they r not hidiing from sm1 .. look at their graves . lol ,every budi respects them . love them .. and they are pak army ppl
and some mir jafir who prefer living abroad .. living a shameful life . calling them a pakistani .. these people are disgrace . they are just following one mind set . they dont feel pride living in pakistan . they love indians then let them love indians and let them do aman ki asha . im not against aman ki asha but im against anti-pakistanis mindset . who are following their leaders who prefer staying abroad . yes u better stay abroad .. claim an assylum . yes u can speak against pakistanis and pak army . loool .. does it make any difference . inshaAllah they willl be even stronger .

history remembers tippu sultan, not mir jafar .. history remembers musa bin nusair, tariq bin zayad the conquorers not king abdullah .. not the politicians

hindus and their agents .. keep tryin ur best .. u cant make any differnce .. even with the help of ur masters . salay hindustani
pak army zindabad . pakistan paindabad

yeh mera india

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Hey gazoo bhai, Atleast you should be proud there is someone who is thinking in right direction, follow him pakistan will be successful country, I totally agree with imrankhan 0. Don't take your people to destruction.

^
oi .. apny pandit ki khud tum sunty nahin ho .. gazoo ko suna rhy ho sharam kero .. aur apny nehroo ki dhoti se ja ker keery nikal lo yaar .. aur imran khan ko apny saath wapas le jao .. tumhain ziada zaroorat hai aisy logon ki india main ..

.ye log tumhain construction dein ge dawood ibrahim ki tarha ki .. aur le jao .. gift samajh k le jao .. kia yaad kero ge

gazoomartian

xecutioner99 said:
well .. its a shame .. shameful loosers sitting in the uk .. who have no motherland in this world .. yes it is sad and it is sad .. i agree

some pppl are tipu sultan ,. everybody respects them .. they live with grace dignity, honour .. they r not hidiing from sm1 .. look at their graves . lol ,every budi respects them . love them .. and they are pak army ppl
and some mir jafir who prefer living abroad .. living a shameful life . calling them a pakistani .. these people are disgrace . they are just following one mind set . they dont feel pride living in pakistan . they love indians then let them love indians and let them do aman ki asha . im not against aman ki asha but im against anti-pakistanis mindset . who are following their leaders who prefer staying abroad . yes u better stay abroad .. claim an assylum . yes u can speak against pakistanis and pak army . loool .. does it make any difference . inshaAllah they willl be even stronger .

history remembers tippu sultan, not mir jafar .. history remembers musa bin nusair, tariq bin zayad the conquorers not king abdullah .. not the politicians

hindus and their agents .. keep tryin ur best .. u cant make any differnce .. even with the help of ur masters . salay hindustani
pak army zindabad . pakistan paindabad

[clap] [clap]

gazoomartian

xecutioner99 said:
^
oi .. apny pandit ki khud tum sunty nahin ho .. gazoo ko suna rhy ho sharam kero .. aur apny nehroo ki dhoti se ja ker keery nikal lo yaar .. aur imran khan ko apny saath wapas le jao .. tumhain ziada zaroorat hai aisy logon ki india main ..

.ye log tumhain construction dein ge dawood ibrahim ki tarha ki .. aur le jao .. gift samajh k le jao .. kia yaad kero ge

did you know that nehru slept with mrs. mountbatten, the last viceroy to india. thats how they got 1/2 kashmir. thats how be sharam indians are

Star Gazer

IndiaGuy said:
Pakistan should apologise to many countries and more over people of pakistan.

1) India should opologize for the murder of more than 5 million muslims in 1947.
2) india should oplogize for still sitting on more than 1 billion rupees of the assets that the govt. of Pakistan should have recieved in 1947(Add the interest for present day calculations)
3) india should oplogize for interfering in the internal affairs of Pakistan in 1971 and till now.
4) india should oplogize for the murder of more than 3000 sikhs in operation Blue star.
5) india should oplogize to the whole world for not condemning the soviet invasion of Afghanistan in 1979.
6) india should oplogize to the more than 450 million untouchables whose population is only growing each day.
7) india shouuld oplogize for turning south asia into a nuclear zone by doing the first explosions.
8) india should oplogize to the Sri Lankans for meddling in their internal affairs .(I guess they were taught a good lesson there though! )
9) india should oplogize to the sikh women for the rapes committed by thier army .
10) india should oplogize for the killing of more than 2000 muslims in gujrat in 2000.
11) india should oplogize for the massacre of Pakistanis in samjhota train by their army officer.
12) india should oplogize for killing the Australian priest and his two sons.
13 india should oplogize for kicking out their world famous painter to Dubai only recently because india is a hostage to the fundamentalist hindus of rss and shive sena.
14) india should also give citizenship to Hamid Mir.

The list is endless but lets start here!

desicad

Star Gazer said:
IndiaGuy said:

1) India should opologize for the murder of more than 5 million muslims in 1947.
2) india should oplogize for still sitting on more than 1 billion rupees of the assets that the govt. of Pakistan should have recieved in 1947(Add the interest for present day calculations)
3) india should oplogize for interfering in the internal affairs of Pakistan in 1971 and till now.
4) india should oplogize for the murder of more than 3000 sikhs in operation Blue star.
5) india should oplogize to the whole world for not condemning the soviet invasion of Afghanistan in 1979.
6) india should oplogize to the more than 450 million untouchables whose population is only growing each day.
7) india shouuld oplogize for turning south asia into a nuclear zone by doing the first explosions.
8) india should oplogize to the Sri Lankans for meddling in their internal affairs .(I guess they were taught a good lesson there though! )
9) india should oplogize to the sikh women for the rapes committed by thier army .
10) india should oplogize for the killing of more than 2000 muslims in gujrat in 2000.
11) india should oplogize for the massacre of Pakistanis in samjhota train by their army officer.
13 india should oplogize for kicking out their world famous painter to Dubai only recently because india is a hostage to the fundamentalist hindus of rss and shive sena.

[clap] [clap]
Didn't get the last one. [hilar] [hilar]

Star Gazer

Very conveniently or delibrately Hamid Mir forgot to mention the role of the traitor Mujeeb,as only recently confirmed by hid daughter.Now Hamid Mir should oplogize to the people of Pakistan for having said that.
Hamid Mir conveniently forgot to mention the role of the indian army and mukti bahni and how they used to dress up as Pak. Army personnel and committ all the sins,now Hamid Mir should oplogize to the people and Army of Pakistan.
Hamid Mir conveniently forgot to mention the Biharis there and how they were massacred by the mukti bahni,now he should oplogize to the people of Pakistan.
Hamid Mir should also stop trying to be some one elses agent and spokesman. If he can not speak for the country that has made him what he is he should opt for the citizen ship of bangladesh or india in protest. Lets see how much of a man he is!

Propakistani

Hamid Mir Congratulation for SARC award !!!
The topic we are discuss here really its very shameful for our nation.I dont know Pakistan should apologise or not.But we should prevent our leader and nation dont repeat that 1971 war game again. Dont down our army moral.Tell the truth to the nation.They will decide what to do ??

IndiaGuy

Senator (1k+ posts)
Star Gazer said:
Very conveniently or delibrately Hamid Mir forgot to mention the role of the traitor Mujeeb,as only recently confirmed by hid daughter.Now Hamid Mir should oplogize to the people of Pakistan for having said that.
Hamid Mir conveniently forgot to mention the role of the indian army and mukti bahni and how they used to dress up as Pak. Army personnel and committ all the sins,now Hamid Mir should oplogize to the people and Army of Pakistan.
Hamid Mir conveniently forgot to mention the Biharis there and how they were massacred by the mukti bahni,now he should oplogize to the people of Pakistan.
Hamid Mir should also stop trying to be some one elses agent and spokesman. If he can not speak for the country that has made him what he is he should opt for the citizen ship of bangladesh or india in protest. Lets see how much of a man he is!

Why are you so mad at MR Hamid mir.. he is lot batter than Zaid Hamid ( His son I guess)

Star Gazer

desicad said:
Star Gazer said:
IndiaGuy said:

Didn't get the last one. [hilar] [hilar]

[clap] [clap] Got rest of them didn't you?

jimpack

Minister (2k+ posts)
Star Gazer -

I am ashamed that you were made the moderator on this forum. You are so biased with you comments and I have always seen you are the first to jump and comment if there is something about India. You modify or delete post of your Pakistani user if there is some bitter truth in it.

Also for god sake please stop your rhetoric that you always start putting about India if you dont have any answers. Every country has their issues and problems, that does not mean that the Country is caught up with that only for life long. These are taken care by the justice system of the Country.

See your Country you are guys cant even decide about a name of a place to be kept and are fighting on it.

There are so many negative things that we can also bring up about Pakistan. But I know that you will delete them very conveniently as this is your Forum.

So please be fair in your assessment and dont get emotional and carried when you see something about Pakistan. of late, if you notice lot of Indians on this forum dont make comments just for the sake of doing it but when things get nasty then they make their fair comments. That is only about India when you talk or when you type some nonsense. If not nobody is bothered about Pakistan.

Please get your facts right and show some maturity in your thoughts when you type them. Act like a Moderator of the forum then behaving like somebody who just joined yesterday to this forum.

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)
jimpack said:
Star Gazer -

I am ashamed that you were made the moderator on this forum. You are so biased with you comments and I have always seen you are the first to jump and comment if there is something about India. You modify or delete post of your Pakistani user if there is some bitter truth in it.

Also for god sake please stop your rhetoric that you always start putting about India if you dont have any answers. Every country has their issues and problems, that does not mean that the Country is caught up with that only for life long. These are taken care by the justice system of the Country.

See your Country you are guys cant even decide about a name of a place to be kept and are fighting on it.

There are so many negative things that we can also bring up about Pakistan. But I know that you will delete them very conveniently as this is your Forum.

So please be fair in your assessment and dont get emotional and carried when you see something about Pakistan. of late, if you notice lot of Indians on this forum dont make comments just for the sake of doing it but when things get nasty then they make their fair comments. That is only about India when you talk or when you type some nonsense. If not nobody is bothered about Pakistan.

Please get your facts right and show some maturity in your thoughts when you type them. Act like a Moderator of the forum then behaving like somebody who just joined yesterday to this forum.

Her assesment was pretty fair, we know we should appologize to bangladesh , and so should you for your mukti bani gang... We use terrorism as a policy and you use rape as a policy ,that is how we know u were involved in bangladesh.

Who the hell are you to come here and tell us what to do ?? have you taken care of the moaist and the naxals, have u taken care of the dalits ?? have you apologized to the kashmiris and the sikhs and the naxals ??
What gives indians the right to come here and tell us what to do and talk down to us. Go visit ur indian forums and see how they are fighting like dogs with their own muslims and listen to the language they use and the hatred they have for pakistan and muslims. I have been on many pakistani forums and they are much much better and much much more respectful than ur indian forums.
We must apologize to the bangalis and we do at a personal level and we get along really well but even after u helped them get independance they still do not like you.
Negitve things are rightly deleted her because this is a paksitani forum if you want to talk shit about pakistan go to youtube dont come here. My question is why are so many indians even here ??