Overseas Pakistanis to be taxed for bringing more than one Mobile: Fawad Chaudhry

imran_hosein_fan

Minister (2k+ posts)
why would i pay extra tax when i have slready paid the tax in a foreign country, chutiye bharay huway hain hukumat mein, chutia qom, chutiya loag!!

deathchallenger

MPA (400+ posts)
why would you bring your work phone when you are on a holiday. I too have two phone personal and work and i never carry my work phone when I'm in Pak.

Fortunately my work is more important than yours and I need to be able to reply on important issues during holidays. This is not the point though. Point is that a) people should be allowed to carry personal items like any other country b) this will only open up more corruption and harassment c) why should we pay double taxation when majority of us pay the taxes at point of sales? d) Is there any other country which has implied such taxes on mobile phones? I am expecting flurry of viral airport fight videos surfacing online soon. I hope this idiot announced this tax prior to his trip to UK than he would have been belted with eggs for such stupid decision.

Walter

Senator (1k+ posts)
Fortunately my work is more important than yours and I need to be able to reply on important issues during holidays. This is not the point though. Point is that a) people should be allowed to carry personal items like any other country b) this will only open up more corruption and harassment c) why should we pay double taxation when majority of us pay the taxes at point of sales? d) Is there any other country which has implied such taxes on mobile phones? I am expecting flurry of viral airport fight videos surfacing online soon. I hope this idiot announced this tax prior to his trip to UK than he would have been belted with eggs for such stupid decision.
Since you don't know me so don't go into whose work is important than who.
i think the policy is right. Some people bring over 10 phones and sell them in Pakistan. I think the idea of this policy was to penalised those people. But i think some improvement can be made to this policy.

How would they even know if i have more than one phone... will they search me or something?

webnise

MPA (400+ posts)
حکومت تباہ اکانومی ٹھیک کرے لیکن ہم سے ٹیکس نہ مانگے
لوڈ شیڈنگ اور سیلاب کا حل نکالے لیکن ڈیم نہ بنائے
ٹریفک کا مسئلہ حل کرے لیکن ہمیں ٹریفک قوانین ماننے کا نہ کہے
حکومت سرکاری محکموں کو فعال بنائے لیکن لیکن ہمیں اپنی ذہنیت تبدیل کرنے کا مشورہ نہ دے

منجانب: تبدیلی کی منتظر عوام

hassan.te

Minister (2k+ posts)
You can buy tax free iphone in the state of Delaware in US. In other states , the tax rate is no more than 9%. Where do you live? Africa? 38% Tax on iphone can only justified by someone who is living under an African monarchy where the only way to run economy is to induce such inhuman taxation
So there is practically no tax free place on this planet to use iphone. Tax rate can be different from country to country. Yes, i belong to a humble background but not Africa, m not rich, can't afford an IPhone X. I can buy a simple smartphone or some older version of iPhone. Such stuff is a luxury in developing country like Pakistan and should be discouraged. And people who want to enjoy this iPhone X luxury should pay the price. I am also in favor of putting more tax on imported food items. Maybe over 50 %. Because poor don't eat it, and ones who want to eat those chocolates and cheesebutter, should also bear the most of share to avoid ultimate drop down consequence on already marginalised section of society.

swisspak

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Relax ppl, it’s not a bad move actually. Here is a remedy for most of my fellow overseas Pakistanis. If you send your money through banking channels, u are entitled for duty free allowance of 10,000 to 100,00 Rs on your arrival in Pakistan. All u need to have is an FERC. It’s the Foreign Exchange Remittance Card issued by government of Pakistan. U have many more benefits of this card too and it’s free of cost! Here is a link to all these infos: https://opf.org.pk/services/ferc/

Insaaf4Tyrain

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
It’s the government’s job to provide free healthcare education. It’s written in. Constitution. So Pti government can not provide that is that what he is saying

Kman

Does anyone know if you have to pay tax on personal use gift electronics items other than mobile phones?
Thanks

Eyeaan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
It is right policy to stop import of phones by commuters. However, government may allow two phone - the other as a gift for family.
Phone import bill is high for foreign exchange (about 1billion dollars). Government should push for local assembly plants to decrease trade deficit.

mskhan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Absolutely the right decision, I am more than happy to pay may share

اسلام آباد: وفاقی وزیر اطلاعات فواد چوہدری کا کہنا ہے کہ ہم دو ارب ڈالر کے موبائل درآمد کر رہے ہیں اس پر ٹیکس نہیں کریں گے تو کیسے چلے گا؟ مہنگے فون پر 38 فیصد ٹیکس ہے، اس سے زیادہ مناسب ٹیکسیشن کیا ہوگی۔

تفصیلات کے مطابق وفاقی وزیر اطلاعات فواد چوہدری نے سماجی رابطے کی ویب سائٹ ٹویٹر پر ٹویٹ کرتے ہوئے کہا کہ سمندر پار پاکستانی فون لا سکتے ہیں اضافی فون پر ٹیکس ہے، ہم دو ارب ڈالر کے موبائل درآمد کر رہے ہیں اس پر ٹیکس نہیں کریں گے تو کیسے چلے گا؟

فواد چوہدری نے کہا کہ 60 ڈالر سے کم قیمت کے فون پر ٹیکس نہ ہونے کے برابر ہے۔ مہنگے فون پر 38 فیصد ٹیکس ہے، اس سے زیادہ مناسب ٹیکسیشن کیا ہوگی۔

انہوں نے مزید کہا کہ ہمیں ٹیکس کلچر اپنانا ہوگا۔

Minister (2k+ posts)
So I have to pay 38% tax if I bring my work phone along with personal phone. It’s a joke. Customs will be very happy, another avenue to harass overseas Pakistani’s and earn more bribe.
No my dear, one phone which is of your use is allowed, the gifts which we take will be taxed.

akinternational

Minister (2k+ posts)
You and Asad Umer both stupid and IK will fail if he does not stop you doing such nonsences, you must make difference between Overseas and local Paksitanis....Stop importing NOT only phone but also the luxury stuff including water...But overses pakistanis send lots of foreign exchange, thye go to Paksitan spend lots of Dollars, Euro ££ etc...they should be allowed to take at least 2 phones...or just take the Tax deposit in $$,££ etc and return in same currency as the exit with the same phone.....otherwise If you hurt Overseas Pakistanis, we may reduce our support for your government......

Abdul Baqi

MPA (400+ posts)
عمران نیازی ١٥ سال امیروں پر ٹیکس لگاو کا چورن بیچنے کے بعد ان حرکتوں پر اتر آیا ہے ، سلام ہے ان احمقوں پر جو اب بھی عمران نیازی کوکینی کو مسیحا سمجھتے ہیں ، یہ بچہ سقہ کی حماقتوں سے بھرپور حکومت پاکستان کی تاریخ کی ناکام ترین حکومت ثابت ہوگی
policy noon league ki thi

asadqudsi

Senator (1k+ posts)
Who uses a 60 dollar or less phone? Even a mediocre smart phone is more than few hundred bucks. Might as well buy one upon arrival in Pakistan instead of carrying your phone with you.