Online shopping fraud in Pakistan

A friend of mine in Islamabad ordered some household items online in Pakistan, within 2 days the parcel arrived via TCS courier. (Mode of payment was cash on delivery) Upon arrival jab parcel open Kiya toh it was all fake/garbage stuff in it.
Called the shipping company got no response at first and when finally got hold of shipper, he wont talk and hung up. Sent WhatsApp messages but no response. Then called the courier company multiple times and asked for the shipper's information, even the courier company is not willing to share the shipper's information.
Can we file a complaint at Cybercrime or report it at a police station or maybe there are consumer Courts in Pakistan as well for customers protection.

Please anyone with any help/suggestions or what to do and where to go for help.

Highly appreciated in advance

Islamabadiya

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
A friend of mine in Islamabad ordered some household items online in Pakistan, within 2 days the parcel arrived via TCS courier. (Mode of payment was cash on delivery) Upon arrival jab parcel open Kiya toh it was all fake/garbage stuff in it.
Called the shipping company got no response at first and when finally got hold of shipper, he wont talk and hung up. Sent WhatsApp messages but no response. Then called the courier company multiple times and asked for the shipper's information, even the courier company is not willing to share the shipper's information.
Can we file a complaint at Cybercrime or report it at a police station or maybe there are consumer Courts in Pakistan as well for customers protection.

this has probably happened to most of people who shop online in Pak, This does not mean that you should not trust ecommerce in Pak, in fact, ecommerce being done by proper brands is growing exponentially.

What happens is, scammers use masking website which looks like any brand's website but if looked closely, you will be able to tell from the address that its not.

Best is to always open the package before paying even if delivery company insists not to.

Secondly, we need desperate measures to enhance consumer protection laws in Pak. It is unbelievable that on Pak, a customer does not have a right to return a products even if it was a faulty product. Its exchange only.

These are the reasons why big ecommerce giants are hesitant to entre the market.

hammad78

MPA (400+ posts)
always check the reviews about the site before ordering anything online. I always do that and never be robbed.

tahirmajid

You can go to Consumer Court, but I don't know how they will trace the seller, most probably they will ask you to provide information about seller. Consumer courts are very strict in such cases. If you find the address and other contact details of the seller then court will impose a heavy fine on seller

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)

I live in Dubai where ecommerce is flourishing and yet check the item before accepting delivery, specially cash on delivery items, just very recently I was delivered a wrong item but I caught it at my door and returned it to the courier, although I would have still gotten my money back here. But still saved me a lot of time, hassle and back and forth.

I dunno how in a country like Pakistan where big platforms like Amazon refuse to operate anymore for exactly this reason you can accept a COD without checking first?

I know it's sad it is this way, but living in Pakistan in these desperate times you gotta be cautious.

Recently I myself got scammed for some IT service I was getting done from Pakistan. I was 80% sure I would get scammed and I even told the "seller" this I will most probably get scammed, he started swearing upon the Quran and sent pics of himself with his hand on the Quran and everything. Which I found extremely hilarious.

Anyways the amount to be was too small for me to worry about and worth the risk if it really came through but with the exchange rate and inflation in Pakistan nowadays he probably fed himself for a week or something.

baalti

Minister (2k+ posts)
go to police station ta k bachi kuchi bhi c**d k rakh dein... aisa deish hai mera...

A.jokhio

Minister (2k+ posts)

file complaint in consumer court/commission islamabad

Zainsha

law..?? in Pakistan?? where one harami showed himself as he was on deathbed, and ran away..

where there are warrants against the Interior Minister and no one is fucking doing anything

and to arrest opposition leader whole country's machinery is mobilised..

where police can fire shells on people but cannot give services to hold elections

where on one hand portraying to world that Pakistan is safe and come and play cricket

on other hand whole law enforcement is saying we cannot hold elections because of security concerns

😀😀😀😀😀

frustrated

Councller (250+ posts)
Think yourself lucky. Online scams are peanuts. Pakistan is facing robbery at the hands of Generals,judges, bureaucrats and the haramkhor ganjas and murdari clan.