News Watch - 19th May 2011 - President's Visit Russia, Prime Minister's Visit China & Upcoming Budge

samy99

Minister (2k+ posts)
I agree with mr.shehzad Ch Rtd Air chief's views that pakistan should refuse to take kerry Lugar berman aid bill $1.5 billion yearly because pak dont get even half of it and still considered the third biggest receipient of US aid, lost its dignity just for peanuts.I had opposed this bill from the beginning and warned that it will cost pak more than it will receive and i was right.Pak got just $300 million in 2009 and just little over 600 million in 2010 so far. US still owes pak for Nato support fund over 3 billion which they are still holding.Reason for that is our weak and incompetent govt otherwise a strong leadership would negotiate in good terms and get all the money in no time.Pak keep the good terms with US but on mutual understanding ,not on master and slave policy.US does need pak more than pak need them so make sure ,pak have lots of trump cards-no need to panic.pak should concentrate on its econmy and collect the taxes fairly.If we are economically sound ,no problem.Lets move on with our other friends in the region like saudi arabia ,china ,turkey,iran and Russia .Obama is more interested in his next election thats why all the topi drama going on.Every thing will be fine insha allah very soon.US is not stupid to attack pak just like that, just building the pressure to go after the alqaeda which pak should .

Last edited: