Music and islam

A

abbasiali

Dear Taul, Babadeena, Pakistani1947

I must appreciate this such a nice and decent informative thread,

Our friend Babadeena has left for his office, so we will follow this subject tomorrow Inshaallah,

I am sure all of our visitor member must have enjoyed this thread and I would appreciate if you could participate along with your valuable and knowledgeable contribution.

Regards.

Allah Hafiz

A

abbasiali

molson4u said:
Isn't it a topic for Islam.com, i thought this site was siasat.com...lol
We have to have sometimes some exceptions also.

Malik495

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Strange.. Being a muslim still we are not clear that wether music is haram or not? you can only imagine how worse this gunah is that Rasoolullah (sallallaho Alayeh wasallam) counted music in signs of Qiyamah... is that anything remains suspicious after a very clear hadith of Rasoolullah(Sallallaho Alaye wasallam)...

The following is part of a lengthy Hadith narrated by Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Mas'ood (radhiyallahu anhu) when he inquired from Rasoolullah (sallallahu alayhe wasallam) about the SIGNS OF QIYAMAH.

1-Music and musical instruments will be found in every home.
2-People will indulge in homosexuality.
3-There will be an abundance of illegitimate children.
4-There will be an abundance of critics, tale-carriers, back- biters and taunters in society.
5-People will establish ties with strangers and sever relations with their near and dear ones.
6-Hypocrites will be in control of the affairs of the community and evil, immoral people will be at the helm of business establishments.
7-The Masjid will be decorated, but the hearts of the people will be devoid of guidance.
8-The courtyards of Masjids will be built beautifully and high mimbars (pulpits) will be erected.
9-Gangsters and evil people will prevail.
10-Various wines will be consumed excessively

Pakistani1947

Malik495 said:
Strange.. Being a muslim still we are not clear that wether music is haram or not? you can only imagine how worse this gunah is that Rasoolullah (sallallaho Alayeh wasallam) counted music in signs of Qiyamah... is that anything remains suspicious after a very clear hadith of Rasoolullah(Sallallaho Alaye wasallam)...

Dear Malik495,

You are right! The only person we should follow is our Prophet (??? ???? ???? ???? ????). It may be very difficult for someone to reject saying of their peer, faqeer, darwaish, wali or someone who claims to have seen our beloved Prophet Muhammad (??? ???? ???? ???? ????) in his dream, but following ONLY Qur'aan and Prophet Muhammad's (??? ???? ???? ???? ????) Sunnah is the only Rah-e-Nijat ??? ????

1. Allaah says: "And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allaah (i.e., this Qur'an), and be not divided among yourselves." Surah Aali-`Imraan [3:103]

2. And He says: "And do not be among the polytheists. Of those who split up their religion and became sects, each sect rejoicing in that which is with it." Surat-ur-Room [30:31-32]

3. "And if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it back to Allaah and His Messenger, if you believe in Allaah and in the Last Day. That is more suitable for final determination." Surat-un-Nisaa' [4:59].

4. And He also says: "But no, by your Lord, they can have no Eemaan (Faith), until they make you (O Muhammad) a judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission." Surat-un-Nisaa' [4:65].

5. "O you who believe! Do not be forward in the presence of Allaah and His Messenger and fear Allaah. Verily, Allaah is All-Hearing, All-Knowing." Surat-ul-Hujuraat [49:1].

6. "And whosoever opposes the Messenger (Muhammad sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) after the right path has been shown clearly to him, and follows other than the believers' way, We shall keep him in the path he has chosen, and burn him in Hell - what an evil destination!" [Surah an-Nisaa 4:115]

7. The Messenger of Allaah said: "I counsel you to have Taqwaa of Allaah and to hear and obey, even if an Abyssinian slave were to command you. For, verily, whoever amongst you lives (to grown old), he will see many differences. So stick to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly guided khaleefahs. Cling tightly onto it and hold onto it with your molar teeth. And beware of newly invented matters. For, indeed, every newly invented matter is an innovation, and every innovation is a thing that leads astray, and everything that leads astray is in the Hellfire." [An authentic hadeeth reported by Abu Dawood (Book #40, Hadith #4590) and others.]

8. Ibn Mas'ood said: "The Messenger of Allaah drew a line for us and then said: 'This is the Straight Path of Allaah.' And he drew lines on the left and right of it, and then said: 'These are paths of which there is not one except that there is a devil upon it calling towards it.' Then he recited the statements of Allaah (Surat-ul-Ana'aam [6:153]): 'And verily, this is My Straight Path, so follow it, and do not follow (other) paths for they will separate you away from His path." (Ahmad (1/435, 465), an-Nisaaee (no. 184), ad-Daarimee (1/67-68). It was authenticated by Shaykh al-Albaanee in Sharhul-Aqeedatit-Tahaawiyyah (no. 810)

??????? ??????? ???????? ???????????? ????????????? ? ????? ??????????? ????????? ??????????? ?????? ??? ????????? ? ?????????? ????????? ???? ??????????? ?????????? (Surat-ul-Ana'aam [6:153])

Translation by Yusuf Ali: Verily, this is My way, leading straight: follow it: follow not (other) paths: they will scatter you about from His (great) path: thus doth He command you. that ye may be righteous.

??? ?? ?? ??? ???? ????? ????? ?? ?? ??? ?? ????? ?????? ????? ?????? ?? ?? ??? ?? ????? ???? ?? ??? ?? ??? ??? ?? ????? ??? ?? ??? ??? ?? ???? ?? ???????? ?? ???

9. "I left upon you two things of which you will never go astray after them: The Book of Allaah and my Sunnah. They will never be separated until they return to me at the Haud (the Pond)." ( Ibn Shahin in al-Targhib fil-Dhikr (2:406 528) as stated by Ahmad al-Ghumari in al-Mudawi (3:482 3923) - Al-Albaanee has authenticated this hadeeth in Saheeh Al-Jaami'.)

S

shagi

''The origin of the name Sufi probably goes back to the term suf, which refers to imple woolen cloaks. The original Sufi were basically mystics - people who followed a pious form of Islam and who believed that a direct, personal experience of God could be achieved through meditation and self-discipline.

Sufism is important to the development of Islam because it is in this tradition that the more spiritual and mystical aspects were preserved. This stands in contrast to the mainstream of Islam which, through its first centuries, was more concerned with the expansion and organization of the general community.

Over time, of course, Sufism became institutionalized, and individual mystics attracted groups of students and followers who learned to follow the mystic's path, or tariqa. The tariqa is a set of mental and even physical exercises designed to aid in the development of communion with God.

Eventually, the term tariqa came to refer to any group of people following a Sufi mystic, or shaikh (which means "old man" or "teacher"). Very often such groups took on something of a monastic organization, not unlike Buddhist groups following a teacher.

Sufi orders or brotherhoods came to be called turuq, although it was not until the 12th and 13th centuries that they became stable enough to survive the death of their founder. This was achieved by the founder personally nominating a successor, and thus there are some today which can trace their lineage back to that time.

Some Sufi mystics did not even retain theism in their conception of Islam: they substituted the Realm of Truth for Allah. When Buddhist influences reached Iraq, some Sufis there moved close to outright atheism (as did some zindiq or free-thinking sufis), and emphasized self-annhilation as the entire goal.

This, however, was uncommon. Whereas mainstream Islam tended to be rather scholastic in nature, Sufism focused on personal peity, which was easier for many Muslims to accept and live by. Although the Sufis tended to integrate beliefs and practices which came from outside Islam, those beliefs and practices were integral in the cultures to which Islam had been transplanted.

This made Sufism more appealing to indigenous people converting to Islam. Thus, Sufis were effectively Muslim missionaries, presenting to new peoples a more interesting face and belief system. They also tended to act as defenders of the lower classes against corrupt rulers.

Shi'ite beliefs had a lot of influence on Sufism, but mostly in the early days when Shi'a was more a school of thought than a distinct sect with its own ideology. One important idea which was transmitted from from the Shi'a to Sufism is that of the Mahdi, a messianic figure which will come to save Muslims from corrupt worldly rulers.

For the Shi'a, the Mahdi is the Twelfth Imam, who is currently hidden. For the Sufi, however, the Mahdi won't necessarily be a descendant of Ali, but will instead be a divinely guided leader who will appear at the End of Time to restore justice and truth over the forces of the indfidels. Although this has never been a formal doctrine in Sunni Islam, it has gained a foothold in the imaginations of most Muslims thanks to the Sufis.

Mainstream Islam has regarded Sufism with some suspicion because of the extremism in beliefs which mysticism is prone to. For example, the mystic al-Hallaj was executed in the ninth century because his statement "I am the Truth" was seen as a self-identification with God.

Nevertheless, such force was not the norm, and most Muslim rulers tried to control rather than eliminate Sufism - a good idea, considering how strong its following was among the common people. Thus, many religious leaders attempted to create some sort of synthesis between Sufism and orthodox Sunni Islam. A common method was to assert that Sufi mysticism is not a way to learn any new facts about reality which were not in the Qur'an, but is a valid way of understanding reality.''
Ref:
http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/i ... m_sufi.htm

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
Brother Taul,
By summarizing the previous discussion: ur in favour of Diff or better said that Diff is Halal and all other instruments are Harram. Mine question is Were all harram instruments, like harmonium, guitar, saxophone, drums, flute, mixer, etc etc. were at that time available? If we go in the history of instruments not in a very distant future people used to sign over a "pot" (Gara)".
If you say that "Kalaam" is Halal, then it tantamounts to poetry and Quran does say something about "poet" or "poetry" and that type of "art" was available at that time. In fact, I drive from Quran that people used to disgrace someone used to label him as "poet",
Why all topics discussion boils down to the point of Hadith-versus Quran.
Last but not the least I saw that you also drew your own conclusion and when I did it , you objected it.
"Going Sway" or "wajid" (Saroor) is only from instruments, otherwise, Kalaam is also recited at the time of mid night and that does not attract so much of people as when there are instruments and melodious voice(s) are!!!!!!
Brother now decide what is Halal and what is Harraam before I may start making links of Naats with instruments and dancing even at Qadisa Barada type things so what is that all Harram, or otherwise.
@ Pakistan 1947.
I presume you have typed or copy n paste sterotype things without any reflection, what is the need of quoting and pasting out of context verses.

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
--Brother babadeena i never intend to make anything hadith vs The Holy Qura'n ( The Stature of The Holy Qura'n is too big for any of it ) but certainly i do believe in Ahadith that have been checked and approved by Ulama-e-Karam.I'm quite aware of your stance as well,the reason i presented you the videos to have your view about the Kalaam being said in that particular environment was whether right or wrong.Anyhow there are a lot of inventions in this era that certainly were non-existent in earlier times and ofcourse making use of them doesn't throw anyone out of the folds of Islam for instance use of cars,phones and the other gazillion things in our day to day lives..All or none approach would be simply very wrong.Walking a fine line is the best method where in you'd abstain from the things that you tend to find hadeeth contradicting it ( ofcourse in this case the music since it isn't mentioned in The Holy Qura'n) and this again is my take.Lastly just to increase my knowledge if you could shed some light on the poetry part,Jazak-Allah khair.

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
taul said:
--Brother babadeena i never intend to make anything hadith vs The Holy Qura'n but certainly i do believe in Ahadith that have been checked and approved by Ulama-e-Karam.I'm quite aware of your stance as well,the reason i presented you the videos to have your view about the Kalaam being said in that particular environment was whether right or wrong.Anyhow there are a lot of inventions in this era that certainly were non-existent in earlier times and ofcourse making use of them doesn't throw anyone out of the folds of Islam for instance use of cars,phones and the other gazillion things day to day lives..All or none approach would be simply very wrong.Lastly just to increase my knowledge if you could shed some light on the poetry part,Jazak-Allah khair.
Brother, that is very fair post. So if someone says that "music" instruments are Harram, that seems to far fetched story. It is not logically proven either. So I stick to mine conclusion, that as long as Music is not going against your faith, it is not diverting you from your religious obligations, etc and is not a source of Fahaseee, it can be
"tolerated".
In few minutes, I shall revert to "poetry" or "Poets" with reference to Quran, because without Poetry, music is nothing or at least in our society, although I can see good music without poetry also.
As always it is a pleasure to discuss with you something.

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
Brother Taul,
Here is an analysis on Poetry/Poets from Quran:

???? ???????? ????????? ????????? ???? ?????????? ???? ???? ??????? ????????????? ??????? ????? ???????? ?????????????
M.Pickthall
5. Nay, say they, (these are but) muddled dreams; nay, he hath but invented it(Quran); nay, he is but a poet. Let him bring us a portent even as those of old (who were God's messengers) were sent (with portents).
Yusuf Ali
5. "Nay" they say "(these are) medleys of dreams! nay he forged it!- -nay he is (but)
a poet! Let him then bring us a Sign like the ones that were sent to (prophets)
of old!"
http://www.quraneasyurdu.net/ps17/ch17.html#5
THE ABOVE VERSE IS CONVEYING THAT PEOPLE WHO WERE ZALIM(disobedient) CHALLENGED QURAN AND EQUATED IT AS AN INVENTION BY PROPHET(PBUH) AND ACCUSED HIM OF A POET. So in a way this verse is conveying Quran versus poetry of that time.
?????????????? ????????????? ???????????
M.Pickthall
224. As for poets, the erring follow them.
Yusuf Ali
224. And the Poets it is those straying in Evil who follow them:

?????? ???? ????????? ??? ????? ????? ??????????
M.Pickthall
225. Hast thou not seen how they stray in every valley,
Yusuf Ali
225. Seest thou not that they wander distracted in every valley?
??????????? ?????????? ??? ??? ???????????
M.Pickthall
226. And how they say that which they do not?
Yusuf Ali
226. And that they say what they practice not?

?????? ????????? ??????? ?????????? ????????????? ?????????? ??????? ???????? ???????????? ??? ?????? ??? ???????? ???????????? ????????? ???????? ????? ????????? ??????????
M.Pickthall
227. Save those who believe and do good works, and remember Allah much, and vindicate themselves after they have been wronged. Those who do wrong will come to know by what
a (great) reverse they will be overturned!
Yusuf Ali
227. Except those who believe work righteousness engage much in the remembrance of
Allah and defend themselves only after they are unjustly attacked. And soon will the
unjust assailants know what vicissitudes their affairs will take!
http://www.quraneasyurdu.net/ps19/ch19u.html#224
FOLLOWING POINTS FROM THE ABOVE VERSES:
A) Only the erring people follow the poets;(Gumrah people);
b) The poets are distracted people on each and every subject and their
principal indication has been "that they do not themselves practice what they say"
(At another place in Quran, this tendency/quality has been categorized as "big sin (Kubair) near Allah);
c) It is better to indulge in "remembrance of Allah" (Zikar-e-Illahi) than to be busy or to follow the Poets. (So this in a way is conveying that poetry may lead to a person to be ignorant of Zakir-e-Illahi and that is terrible crime in Quran).)

????? ???????????? ????????? ????? ???????? ???? ???? ???? ?????? ?????? ????????? ????????
M.Pickthall
69. And we have not taught him (Muhammad) poetry, nor is it meet for him. This is naught else than a Reminder and a Lecture making plain,
Yusuf Ali
69. We have not instructed the (Prophet) in Poetry nor is it meet for Him: this is no
less than a Message and a Qur'an making things clear:
http://www.quraneasyurdu.net/ps23/ch23e.html#69
This is again emphatically told that poetry is not the worth of a Prophet(pbuh), so If Poetry has been so a worthy thing, it would have been mentioned. The verse again put Quran versus Poetry.
???????????? ???????? ??????????? ?????????? ????????? ??????????
M.Pickthall
36. And said: Shall we forsake our gods for a mad poet?
Yusuf Ali
36. And say: "What! shall we give up our gods for the sake of a Poet possessed?"
http://www.quraneasyurdu.net/ps23/ch23i.html#36
Here the people are accusing and insulting. and calling him a mad poet. So in that society it conveys that being a Shair it was a derogatory remark.
????? ???? ???????? ??????? ???????? ???? ???????????
M.Pickthall
41. It(Quran) is not poet's speech little is it that ye believe!
Yusuf Ali
41. It is not the word of a poet: little it is ye believe!
http://www.quraneasyurdu.net/ps29/ch29o.html#41

If u need any further explanation on the verses, please do post. The ready links have been given.

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
I’m rather surprised to view this topic again on the permissibility of the music in Islam. Few months ago I’ve posted a series of beautiful essays of the legendary reformer of Islam who earned the revered and highly respectable epithet from the scholars of his contemporary and successive ages “Hujjat Ul Islam” (The Proof of Islam) Imam Al Ghazali Rahima Hu Allah, which contained the concise but comprehensive discourse on Music and Dancing as aids to the activities of religious life. I think I have to quote-un-quote some of the excerpts of that resounding essay for the enlightenment of some of the members here of this forum who are engaging in the debate of permissibility of Music in Islam.

“The heart of man has been so constituted by the Almighty that, like a flint, it contains a hidden fire which is evoked by music and harmony, and renders man beside himself with ecstasy. These harmonies are echoes of that higher world of beauty which we call the world of spirits; they remind man of his relationship to that world, and produce in him an emotion so deep and strange that he himself is powerless to explain it. The effect of music and dancing is deeper in proportion as the natures on which they act are simple and prone to motion; they fan into a flame whatever love is already dormant in the heart, whether it is earthly and sensual, or divine and spiritual”.

The legendary Imam briefly rebukes the so called traditionalists / Zahirites erroneous dogma of detesting the involvement of music in the life of an individual in these words;

“Accordingly there has been much dispute among theologians as to the lawfulness of music and dancing regarded as religious exercises. One sect, the Zahirites, holding that God is altogether incommensurable with man, deny the possibility of man's really feeling love to God, and say that he can only love those of his own species. If he does feel what he thinks is love to his Creator they say it is a mere projection, or shadow cast by his own fantasy, or a reflection of love to the creature; music and dancing, according to them, have only to do with creature love, and are therefore unlawful as religious exercises. If we ask them what is the meaning of that "love to God" which is enjoined by the religious law, they reply that it means obedience and worship. This is an error which we hope to confute in a later chapter dealing with the love of God. At present we content ourselves with saying that music and dancing do not put into the heart what is not there already, but only fan into a flame dormant emotions. Therefore if a man has in his heart that love to God which the law enjoins, it is perfectly lawful, nay, laudable in him to take part in exercises which promote it. On the other hand, if his heart is full of sensual desires, music and dancing will only increase them, and are therefore unlawful for him. While, if he listens to them merely as a matter of amusement, they are neither lawful nor unlawful, but indifferent. For the mere fact that they are pleasant does not make them unlawful any more than the pleasure of listening to the singing of birds or looking at green grass and running water is unlawful. The innocent character of music and dancing, regarded merely as a pastime, is also corroborated by an authentic tradition which we have from the Lady Ayesha RA, who narrates: "One festival day some Negroes were performing in a mosque. The Prophet said to me, 'Do you wish to see them?' I replied, 'Yes.' Accordingly he lifted me up with his own blessed hand, and I looked on so long that he said more than once, 'Have not you had enough of watching?" 1

After such a beautiful explanation of Imam Al Ghazali RA I don’t want to further elaborate on this issue of the permissibility or non permissibility of music in Islam. Anyhow following are my take on the issue of music and the resultant confusions which I do also shares with some scholars of Islam;

• It is claimed by some mystics and gigantic scholars of Islam that the ultimate purpose of Man’s responsibility lies with to his Lord Almighty in this world and when an individual turn to his prayers and devotional activities for the sake of Allah SWT then the after effects of music (Like the echoing of the tunes and melodies in the conscious and sub-conscious of Man) tends to disturb that individual’s focus and deliberation on Allah SWT and His divine message.

• Music inherently is not harmful though for humans as it is perfectly established in the academic disciplines of modern psychology and medical therapy. Therefore we can safely assume of the notion of ingenuity of music and that’s why we can’t see any explicit Ayaa of Holy Quran which prohibits its readers to stay away from it.

• Once again the inherent underlying theme of Quran’s 31:6 Ayaa is misunderstood by many persons and some religious scholars as well. The basic principle is to withhold here that there shouldn’t be any activity and thing which can be used to divert one’s attention and focus on the remembrance and contemplation of Allah SWT’s divine message along with the Sunnah of Holy Prophet PBUH.

• Music is just the interplay of human emotions which he tends to express by the confluence of his spiritual and psychological powers. These emotional and physical energies of man seems to correlate with the divine energies of the cosmos and that’s why more and less it has a soothing effect on the soul of humans according to the scholars of modern day music as corroborated implicitly by the great Imam Al Ghazali in above passages.

• It’s a consensus of Hadith scholars that almost all of the Hadiths, except the one which mentions the abundance of singing women and instruments nearing the end of times of this world, related to the prohibition of music are not authentic at all to the category of Mutuwattir Sahih (An authentic text of Hadith with continuous chain of narrators which connect it directly to the Prophet PBUH).

• The major fault lies with the way it (Music) is to be used by someone rather than to blame this beautiful art as a work of a devil. A devout and religious person can also use it as an aid to amplify his religious and spiritual feelings and that’s majority of the Sufi spiritual masters and their followers have said anything against the use of any musical instruments which can be viewed in their Samaa gatherings. Many Sufis have reported to have got into the condition of Wajd (spiritual ecstasy) directly when they happen to hear the hymns and panegyric poems with musical instruments.

• Many Muslim religious scholars, theologians, philosophers and scientists of the middle ages (As expected) used to conduct many experiences on the usage of Musical instruments and perfected many of them which are still in current usage in the contemporary world e.g. Sitaar, Guitar, Rebab and Flutes. Abu Nasar Al Farabi is one of those prominent Muslim philosopher and scientist who worked on this genre of art for much of his life and never seems to have condemned any of the musical instruments.

P.S: In the past Muslim intellectuals used to delve deep in almost all the matters which were deemed to concerned with the physical and metaphysical realms of man’s life with empirical framework of mind before jumping on to the bandwagon of Haraam Halaal Fatwa debates. We as a Muslim Ummah for the last few centuries now seems to have voluntarily given this task of empirical research on the shoulders of other nations which were used to be the designated emblem of its scholars and scientists in the golden era of Muslim dominance of this entire world.

1. Excerpt from The Alchemy of Happiness Authored by Imam Al Ghazali RA

Last edited:

Pakistani1947

Bret Hawk said:
Its a consensus of Hadith scholars that almost all of the Hadiths, except the one which mentions the abundance of singing women and instruments nearing the end of times of this world, related to the prohibition of music are not authentic at all to the category of Mutuwattir Sahih (An authentic text of Hadith with continuous chain of narrators which connect it directly to the Prophet PBUH).

Brother Bret Hawk,

Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari: that he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection." (Sahih Bukhari Book #69, Hadith #494v)

In the presence of even one authentic Hadeeth, Imam Ghazali's all arguments has zero value.

????? ????????? ??? ??????????? ??????? ???????????? ?????? ?????? ?????????? ????? ??? ???????? ??? ??????????? ??????? ??????? ???????? ????????????? ??????????

Translation by Yusuf Ali: But no, by the Lord, they can have no (real) Faith, until they make thee judge in all disputes between them, and find in their souls no resistance against Thy decisions, but accept them with the fullest conviction.

?? ???? ?? ?? ??? ?? ?? ???? ???? ???? ??? ?? ?? ?? ?? ???? ???????? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ??? ???? ????? ?? ???? ???? ??? ???? ???? ?? ????? ??? ???? ?? ???? ????

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
Pakistani1947 wrote:
babadeena wrote:
Quote:
And He also says: "But no, by your Lord, they can have no Eemaan (Faith), until they make you (O Muhammad) a judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission." Surat-un-Nisaa' [4:65].

Brother who are "THEY"?

Music and dance with Music had been and is part of culture of any society, hardly there will any which does not do that!!!! I would appreciate if both parties (one who they say that it is as per Quran and Hadith, and the other who say that it is not, may paste their relevant verses from Quran, first, then we shall go towards Hadith also? thanks.

????? ????????? ??? ??????????? ??????? ???????????? ?????? ?????? ?????????? ????? ??? ???????? ??? ??????????? ??????? ??????? ???????? ????????????? ?????????? [Quraa'n: An-Nisa, 4:65]

Translation by Yusuf Ali :But no, by the Lord, they can have no (real) Faith, until they make thee judge in all disputes between them, and find in their souls no resistance against Thy decisions, but accept them with the fullest conviction.

?? ???? ?? ?? ??? ?? ?? ???? ???? ???? ??? ?? ?? ?? ?? ???? ???????? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ??? ???? ????? ?? ???? ???? ??? ???? ???? ?? ????? ??? ???? ?? ???? ????

Brother, I once again dare to ask from you, what does it mean "They" in the verse, Who are the people to whom the verse is referring. The verse is starting from "FA" so definitely it is not the start of thing. From which dictionary of the Earth, the English word "They" has been translated in Urdu (yay).
Your way of quoting from Quran is proving that you are just getting what other people have written but not understanding it on your own. To justify a quoted "Hadith" you are resorting to this out of context verse, with no explanatory notes or textual continuation.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19941&p=88566#p88566

Pakistani1947

Dr. Bilal Philip's Lecture on Music and Islam

Please see following video by Dr. Bilal Philip regarding Halal and Haram Music:

Pakistani1947

Sheikh Yusuf Estes's interesting Lecture on Music in Islam

Yusuf Estes, (born 1 January 1944) is an American convert to Islam and former National Muslim Chaplain for the United States Bureau of Prisons as well as a Delegate to the United Nations World Peace Conference for Religious Leaders held in September 2000. He is actively involved in Islamic missionary work in the United States and often features as guest lecturer and keynote speaker at various Islamic events as well as frequently appearing on various Islamic satellite TV channels.

Yusuf Estes was born Skip Estes in Ohio, and was raised in Houston, Texas in an evangelical Protestant Christian family who were devout members of the Disciples of Christ.

From 1962 to 1990, his career was in the music industry, entertainment, marketing, working as a music instructor and music minister, whose family owned several musical instrument companies including the Estes Piano and Organ Company. He produced and directed live entertainment programs in the United States from the mid 1960s until his last endeavor for cable TV in Florida, entitled 'Estes Music Jamboree'.

Estes is currently semi-retired, living with his wife in the Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C., in the United States.

After his conversion, Estes pursued Arabic language and Qur'anic studies in Egypt, Morocco and Turkey.[2]

From 2004, Estes regularly appeared on the Islam Channel, as well as Peace TV and on Huda TV which are 24/7 Islamic channels broadcasting in many countries around the globe, via satellite and via the website WatchIslam.com TV Channels].

He also set up websites directed toward English speaking Muslim youth which include www.TubeIslam.com, a Muslim video sharing site, and a Muslim Chatroom, and for young children www.WorldPreschool.com, Preschool Learning.

He also produced a television series aimed toward English speaking children of Muslim parents entitled, "Qasas Ul Anbiya" - Stories of the Prophets.

His Islamic activities have included:

* Volunteer Imam in a Texas military installation.
* National U.S. Chaplain for the Federal Bureau of Prisons, starting 1994.
* Delegate to the United Nations Peace Summit for Religious Leaders in August 2000.
* University guest speaker (including Carnegie Mellon Qatar)
* Television program producer and director, preacher, syndicated television programs on satellite and cable networks.
* Estes takes a dim view of public education in the United States for Muslim children, and recommends schools where they might receive an Islamic education as well as a more advanced scholastic education too.

Last edited:

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Ruling about Music and Musicians

a9e2275649ad4910c2def557167bd5de.gif

FaisalKh

Re: Ruling about Music and Musicians

Assalam o Alaikum brother thanks again for informative post. :jazak:. I request u to please tag me in ur threads as sometime i miss them due to my laziness. I hope u would consider my request. Thanks in advance and :jazak:

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

Assalam o Alaikum brother thanks again for informative post. :jazak:. I request u to please tag me in ur threads as sometime i miss them due to my laziness. I hope u would consider my request. Thanks in advance and :jazak:

May Allah:subhanahu: have mercy on all of us. I am not sure how to tag someone. If you could update me I would be grateful.

FaisalKh

May Allah:subhanahu: have mercy on all of us. I am not sure how to tag someone. If you could update me I would be grateful.

Aameen.... Brother there is a tag user link on the left side of the page just above the Reply to Thread link. U can click on it and write my ID or anyone u want to tag, and u can tag as many of them as u want. My ID is fayskhan. :jazak: