Lord's Test at centre of fixing allegations - (All Threads Merged) (All Videos will be Added in this

Tilloo

MPA (400+ posts)
1101043248-1.gif

Geek

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Australian players approached by Indian bookers

After Brad Haddin and Shane Watson, now fast bowlers Brett Lee and Mitchell Johnson also say they were approached by the same Mumbai gangster, who targeted their teammates, for information during last year's Ashes in England.
Watson and Haddin said on Tuesday that the gangster approached them during the Ashes and World Twenty20 tournament - all of which were reported to the team management and, in turn, cricket's anti-corruption watchdog.
All four cricketers reported the approaches to team manager Steve Bernard, who prepared a report and handed it to the International Cricket Council's (ICC) Anti-Corruption and Security Unit.
The Age reported on Wednesday that Lee and Johnson were also confronted by the same man in the bar of their West London hotel, the Royal Kensington Garden.
Lee and Johnson rejected the man's offer to buy them drinks in the bar of the Royal Kensington Garden. He also knocked on Haddin's room door at 11 pm in the same hotel during the World Twenty20, asking the wicketkeeper if he would like to come to his room for dinner.
The suspected fixer has never been seen by the Australian team since then but, according to the cricketers, he boasted of relationships with players within the West Indian team and was seen approaching Pakistani and Sri Lankan players ahead of the World Twenty20 final at Lord's.

Australian players approached by Indian bookers

alibhai

Councller (250+ posts)
The difference is: the aussie cricketers did not take the bait. Instead they allerted the authorities immediately. Members of the Bangladesh team were also approached and they also ran the other way. So why is it that Pakistanis were unable to resist the dawat-e-gunah.

HarrisS

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
The difference is: the aussie cricketers did not take the bait. Instead they allerted the authorities immediately. Members of the Bangladesh team were also approached and they also ran the other way. So why is it that Pakistanis were unable to resist the dawat-e-gunah.

Alibhai,
What part of "Yahud o Hanud o Nasara o Nepali ki Sazish" don't you understand? It's a conspiracy man a huge conspiracy. :)

pcdoc24x7

Minister (2k+ posts)
Spot Fixing Update: Asif, Amir and Salman dropped from the rest of England Tour.

Yawar Saeed just confirmed that Amir, Asif and Salman will not be playing any other games in the current England tour. Also Veena Malik has been interviewed by the Anti Corruption body of ICC.

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
Thats a good news. Atleast Afridi would lead the team without any pressure now.

But Kamran Akmal should also be banned. I think he might not directly involve in current spot fixing that's why he might not be dropped. Though I wish he should also be banned.

Where are those people who say that it was a drama? Even if this news is wrong, I am confident enough that there are darkness in clouds.

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
Another Jhoot

ایک اور جُھوٹ

جُرم تو ابھی تک زرداری پر بھی ثابت نہیں ہوا تو پھر وہ کیوں قصوروار ہے۔

اور کہہ رہا ہے کہ کھلاڑی کہہ رہے ہیں کہ وہ "بے گناہ" ہیں۔ ارے کہی مجرم نے بھی کھبی جُرم مانا ہے۔

بے شرم روزوں میں بھی جھوٹ بھول رھا ہے۔
9-2-2010_44330_1.gif

AZulfi

MPA (400+ posts)
I Agree 100% with the following comments I read in another forum,

"I have felt sick and outraged over the last few days. How we abused the hospitality of the nation which came to our rescue in cricketing terms when we couldnt play at home. We are in a mess today because we have this attitude that we are always victim of conspiracies and the whole world is out to get us. I have observed Pak cricket over the last 40 years and never felt so disgusted with our players. Time for us to own up that yes our players are guilty and we need to clean our house. I say ban them for life, there will be other Aamir's and Asif's around the corner. Salman is no loss, in fact a blessing in disguise.

They should remember one thing, they are because of Pakistan cricket and not the other way round."

And If I had my way I would sack the present incompetent PCB management, all of them. They are the principal reason why our players show such indiscipline and attitude from time to time

Last edited:

AZulfi

MPA (400+ posts)
http://www.cricinfo.com/england-v-pakistan-2010/content/current/story/475624.html

ICC suspends the trio under the anticorruption code, level 4.

"The ICC Anti-Corruption Code for Players and Player Support Personnel was updated and strengthened in 2009 with the unanimous support of ICC Members, and this is the first time that the power of suspension has been implemented. Going forward, an independent panel will investigate the matter, excluding the member country concerned - in this instance, Pakistan"

"We could not do anything before today because we had not completed the work that we needed to do and also we did not want to prejudice the criminal investigation the police were busy with," added Lorgat, having emerged from an hour-long meeting that is not believed to have involved any officials from the PCB. "Having said all of that, we got into a position by 8pm today where we were able to charge the three players. We have provided them with their charge and provisionally suspended them giving them the opportunity to respond within 14 days."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are all guilty (we know it). Ban them for life. Sack the entire PCB administration (wishful). Enough is Enough

This step should have been taken by PCB. unfortunately we have a whole bunch of morons as ambassador and PCB Chairman. It seems like ICC has been forced to take it after the "brilliant" defence of these three by our ambassador Wajid Shamsul Hassan. How unprofessional and pathetic our board is. That's a much needed slap on the face of PCB and ambassador. If they had acted sooner and not made silly statements protecting these three ICC would not have taken this step of not consulting PCB.

And the buck should not stop here. Kamran Akmal may be innocent in this particular episode but the ICC needs to investigate him and Shoaib Malik among others for alleged wrongdoing in Sydney test (and other thrown matches)

Last edited:

pcdoc24x7

Minister (2k+ posts)
Breaking News: ICC Suspend the trio under investigation(Aamir, Asif & Butt)

_48953923_010084098-1.jpg

Butt (right), Asif and Amir (left) have 14 days to indicate if they want a hearing
The three Pakistan cricketers accused of corruption have been charged with various offences by the International Cricket Council (ICC).
Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir are being investigated by police over allegations Asif and Amir bowled deliberate no-balls against England.
The ICC charges relate to "alleged irregular behaviour" in the fourth Test at Lord's last Thursday and Friday.

Provisionally suspended, the trio now have 14 days to appeal.

Asif and Amir are alleged to have bowled three no-balls at pre-determined times to facilitate betting coups after a "middle-man" was reported to have accepted 150,000 from an undercover reporter from the News of the World, who published the story on Sunday.
"We will not tolerate corruption in cricket - simple as that," said ICC chief executive Haroon Lorgat.

We will not tolerate corruption in cricket - simple as that. It is important, however, that we do not pre-judge the guilt of these three players
ICC chief executive Haroon Lorgat

"We must be decisive with such matters and if proven, these offences carry serious penalties up to a life ban.

"The ICC will do everything possible to keep such conduct out and we will stop at nothing to protect the sport's integrity.
"While we believe the problem is not widespread, we must always be vigilant.

"It is important, however, that we do not pre-judge the guilt of these three players. That is for the independent tribunal alone to decide."

Butt, Asif and Amir have been officially notified of the offences they are alleged to have committed.
Any player ultimately found to be guilty of committing an offence under the code would be subject to the sanctions described in the ICC's Anti-Corruption Code for Players and Player Support Personnel.

That could mean upholding the player's indefinite ban with the possibility, at the discretion of an independent tribunal, of additional fines.
Details of the date of the tribunal hearing are still to be finalised.
Earlier on Thursday, Pakistan's High Commissioner Wajid Shamsul Hasan had claimed that the News of the World video allegedly exposing the scandal may have been made after the incident.
But the BBC learnt that the Metropolitan Police, who are investigating the alleged case and have been working in tandem with the ICC, believe that the video evidence so crucial to the case is authentic.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/8953417.stm

Last edited by a moderator:

sakayani

Senator (1k+ posts)
It will be premature to conclude anything as yet. Untill investigations are over and a verdict is given by the court of law, we can not write off anything. You can work on theory that every one else is an angel compared to pakistanis, but please wait for the final verdict and then you can have a full go.

kashnex

Councller (250+ posts)
I don't ... agree!

How could possibly ICC can do that within no time even when investigation is being conducted? What about Shane warn, Shane Watson ... and other English, Indian, Australian Players?
Where was ICC when these people were betting and fixing matches taking lots of money from bookies. No action was taken by the ICC, but as Pakistani have been maligned and now suspend ....
Who is giving decision where betting is legal and the most of the betting and unfair means in sport are used....SUPER G ... Wah ray ICC teri Phurrtiayaan

AZulfi

MPA (400+ posts)
I say again that if they weren't guilty, their conscience and earnesty would have compelled them to confront the situation head-on and unequivocally claim their innocence. Since no such behavior manifested, I do believe that there is some fault and culpability

sakayani

Senator (1k+ posts)
I say again that if they weren't guilty, their conscience and earnesty would have compelled them to confront the situation head-on and unequivocally claim their innocence. Since no such behavior manifested, I do believe that there is some fault and culpability
Well, every opinion is respectable but again I would stress that it will not be fair to establish anything for definit as yet.
As Wajid Shamsulhassan, what ever his repute is but he is not a lalu panju, categorically said yes when asked if he believed that players were innocent. By stating this, he knows what is at stake.

Last edited:

AZulfi

MPA (400+ posts)
The guys at PCB are idiots. They seem to go about it in a state of permanent drunkenness. They NEVER seem to know what's going on and how to react. It is quite clear that Scotland Yard believe the video is authentic. Add to that how Butt behaved in the press conference when he refused to directly say he was innocent. It is quite obvious to me these players did something wrong. I dont trust the PCB. As such it is a good thing that the ICC and Scotland Yard are investigating it this time...they are the only ones who can apply a proper punishment to the guilty players. Otherwise PCB would've handed down life bans by now only to revoke them a few weeks-months later!

Education and upbringing have a lot to do with all this mess. Teaching your kids moral values is part of upbringing. Parental upbringing is an art, not every parent does it well.

Mohammad Asif's Father - blaming everything on conspiracy as usual

As much as I feel sorry for Asif's father, after watching this video I am not surprised why Asif and others behave the way they do....ab iss becharey ney kya upbringing kee hogee apney bachon kee!!!

Last edited:

AZulfi

MPA (400+ posts)
Expect fresh revelations from NOTW this Sunday (05 September). it will be equally embarrassing. They are saying they have got more evidence on this latest scandal to hit Pakistan cricket. Maybe they will expose some PCB officials as well. I wish PCB and the ambassador would shut up till the investigation is complete. They have already made fools of themselves by allowing ICC to suspend the players before them and without even consulting PCB. How embarrassing is that? As I said before if I had my way I would sack the present incompetent PCB management, all of them. They are the principal reason why our players show such indiscipline and attitude from time to time