Lord's Test at centre of fixing allegations - (All Threads Merged) (All Videos will be Added in this

Adeel

Founder
Aamer's coach and family say he's innocent - Spoke to him
Asif Bajwa, who coached the pacer into an international cricketer from his school days, said the scandal was an effort to spoil the career of a man who has been recognised by the International Cricket Council as a top-class player.

"He has been nominated as the best emerging player in the world. He has become the most important member of Pakistan team, he is a future star. They want to tarnish his image by involving him in conspiracies," said Bajwa.

The inquiry follows a sting by a British Sunday tabloid in which a bookmaker allegedly paid Pakistani players including Aamer to deliberately bowl no-balls in the last Test match between Pakistan and England last week.

Britain's biggest-selling paper, the News of the World, released video footage that it said proved it had paid middleman Mazhar Majeed 150,000 pounds (230,000 dollars) for exact details of three deliberate no-balls in the match.

"My brother is innocent. He has been trapped in an international conspiracy to defame our cricket team and country," said Mohammad Ijaz, the elder brother of Aamer.

"Anybody can bowl a no ball at any time. I can give an oath on behalf of Aamer that he is innocent," said Ijaz, adding that his brother was worried when he spoke to him on the telephone from London on Sunday.

"He is tense and worried. He told me he has nothing to do with this scandal. He has been set up because he was performing well," he said.

"We know him and he knows that the country's respect is dearest to us. We love our country more than his career."

Adeel

Founder
Akram: Hear out the accused players

Former Pakistan skipper Wasim Akram feels it would be hasty to label the seven players as culprits.

By Joshua Nath

The Pakistan team management on Sunday confirmed that some national cricketers were under investigation for having taken bribes for spot-fixing in the final Test vs England at Lord’s.

Speaking exclusively to espnstar.com, Akram said that these spot-fixing allegations might have brought turmoil in Pakistan cricket but one must not make drastic conclusions.

“The team morale is down big time, there is a controversy in which six to seven players are involved. The media in Pakistan has already given their verdict on these allegations but one must wait for the allegations to be proven. I know that these controversial claims are bad for the game and the team but we should wait to hear the other side of the story too. The saying ‘innocent unless proven guilty’ must be applied to the players,” Akram said.

The spot-fixing controversy was triggered off after a sting operation by a British tabloid disclosed the involvement of a 35-year-old property tycoon and alleged match-fixer Mazhar Majeed who was seen boasting about the spots being fixed in the final Test at Lords which Pakistan lost by a record an innings-and 225-run margin.

The pace legend said that the row seems to have saddened Pakistan as a whole. “Generally the controversy is looking bad. It’s a bad time for Pakistan and Pakistan cricket. The whole nation is depressed, I hope everything becomes alright but let’s see what happens,” Akram added.

Despite the spot-fixing allegations, Pakistan team management believes that their limited-overs series (5 ODIs and 2 T20s) against England will go ahead as planned next week but Akram believes Shahid Afridi’s men will be up against it.

“Pakistan team will be under scanner and under pressure for the ODIs in England. The Three Lions look a far better side with their confidence sky high at home and this fresh controversy will make matters worse for the returning ODI skipper Shahid Afridi,” Akram concluded.

Adeel

Founder
Players Facing Possible Hanging?
'Tainted' Pak players face hanging if found guilty by Lahore High Court for high treason

Karachi News.Net
Tuesday 31st August, 2010 (ANI)

Seven Pakistani players, allegedly involved in the Lord's Test match-fixing scandal, are facing charges of high treason under Article 6 of the constitution, an offence punishable by death in the country.

It comes after a petition filed by Chaudhry Ishtiaq Ahmad, a lawyer, in the Lahore High Court requested to initiate proceedings against the cricketers.

According to The Daily Times, the petitioner stated that the players, by indulging in match fixing, had tarnished the image of the country.

"The players have seriously damaged the already-bad reputation of Pakistani players in the world of cricket and deserve severe punishment," the newspaper quoted Ahmad, as saying.

He insisted that all the accused players should be arrested on their return to Pakistan, adding that Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Ijaz Butt should also be included in the investigation.

In the most sensational sporting scandal ever, it has been claimed that Pakistan fast bowlers Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif had delivered three no-balls to order.

According to The News of the World, London-based agent Mazhar Majeed is the alleged man behind the 150,000-pound betting scam.

The tabloid claims that they have footage of Majeed accepting money, and in return, he detailed what would happen and when on the field of play next day.

It also claims that Majeed had identified Pakistan captain Salman Butt as the ringleader.

He also named wicket keeper Kamran Akmal, and a total of seven corrupt cricketers. (ANI)

http://www.karachinews.net/story/678929

this is just messed up.. regardless of what happened.. this is just a little toooooo much in my prespective.. if they are to be hanged or even considered to be put on trail that can possible result in hanging. then why is zardari and co. not put through same trial ..after all because of them people are not giving government flood funds because they dotn trust them (isnt that defaming the country)? .. i HATEE these double standards...

and quite honestly this is getting ridicules in pakistan.. for everything they think killing the person is the solution... look at incidents where they catch a theif and burn them or kill them.. if that is the case then why o why are not the government officials put through same situation.. why do they get away from everything?

Adeel

Founder
[dailymotion]http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/xemw03_treason-to-divx-clip0_creation&autoplay=0&related=0[/dailymotion]

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger
We have turned into impure or were we always like that?Most probably it was our visionaries that were fooled by their dreams.
If there is no Pak in Pakistan, then where is this istan except in Balochistan, a province we so unwisely tackle!

We have turned into impure and we were not like this.
The dreams of our visionaries were correct, it is our fault that we have turned into impure .

Adeel

Founder
Mohammad Amir should not be cast on bonfire if guilty - Derek Pringle
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cri...if-guilty.html

Pakistan match-fixing claims: Mohammad Amir should not be cast on bonfire if guilty

This is a plea for clemency. First we must make it clear that there are no charges, still less any verdict. But already many are judging.

By Derek Pringle
Published: 7:30AM BST 31 Aug 2010

Mohammad Amir-If found guilty, Pakistan's Mohammad Amir should not be cast on to the bonfire
Cricket in crisis: the game is not so well endowed it can afford to lose a prize asset like Mohammad Amir Photo: GETTY IMAGES

If ever the players who have given statements to police are found guilty in court or by cricket authorities, I hope that the following is taken into account in the case of Mohammad Amir. Only 18, and from an impoverished background, Amir would appear as much victim as perpetrator, a teenager whose head was easily turned.

As William Rees-Mogg once wrote about Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, when the pair were jailed for possession of soft drugs in 1967: Who breaks a butterfly on a wheel? Should we get to that point the same should be remembered here.

If found guilty Amir, who was Pakistans Man of the Series, must be punished for his role, but he must not be crushed, despite those who think he should have known better. Morals are not limited to those with an education or experience. Amir might very well have been targeted precisely because he lacked both those things.

He was allegedly manipulated on two fronts; by the apparent loathsome fixer, promising riches beyond his means, and by the senior players also allegedly involved in the scam: Salman Butt, his captain, and Mohammad Asif, his new-ball partner and a player with five years Test experience. Hansie Cronje also approached the two most vulnerable members of his team, when he recruited Herschelle Gibbs and Henry Williams to bat and bowl to the Asian bookies will.

Asif has already been reprieved once in his career following drugs offences a few years ago. Amir should if necessary be afforded the same latitude. It was suggested at the time by those close to the team that Asif was led astray by a senior player, in his case to Shoaib Akhtar. The two eventually fell out, after a dressing-room fight, but it is difficult to underestimate the hold senior players have over younger members of the team, especially when an element of hero worship is involved.

It is never easy for young shavers to say no to their elders and betters, as I discovered on the eve of my Test debut in 1982. After finishing the boozy but traditional pre-Test team dinner with the selectors (now defunct), Ian Botham suggested I join him at the bar for a nightcap. It was against my better judgment to go, especially after he reckoned I would probably need a couple to help me sleep through the nerves, but I felt it would be churlish to refuse such a heroic figure.

Surely his seniors should have been assuring him that his talent is a thousand times greater than any loathsome parasite who groom s players for a role in a murky trade. Instead, it might turn out, if indeed the allegations are proved, that they merely allowed him to be exploited as grotesquely as if he were a serf chained to a medieval overlord.

He must be saved for another reason too, for cricket is not so well endowed it can afford to cast its prize assets on to the bonfire and hope others rise phoenix-like in their place. Amir is the youngest bowler in history to reach 50 Test wickets, so imagine how good he could be if he concentrated solely on getting batsmen out and not on the instructions needed to complete shady deals.

I faced a teenage Wasim Akram in Sharjah in 1985, the bowler Amir is most compared to. He was rangy and quick and bowled me with a yorker. But, he didnt swing it like this lad, at least not with the new ball. If Amir gets another chance and manages to stay fit for the next 10-12 years, he could be one of the all-time greats.

Whether or not forgiveness is given for his connection to this scandal, he must not be cast out yet. For a society that places a high price on honour, being shamed by one of their own will not go down well, especially when the country is beset by floods and terrorism. Far worse than a few effigies could get burned should he return to his village in the Punjab at present.

Of course there will be those who will try to spin this as a Western plot against Pakistan, but they are in denial. As he waited to receive his man-of-the-series award at Lords, though, and in the way he did not seek the un-proffered hand of Giles Clark, the chairman of the England and Wales Cricket Board, there was enough contrition in his eyes and body language to suggest he deserves a shot at rehabilitation.

------
Do you guys think these are valid reasons presented to give Amir a second chance if found guilty?

Adeel

Founder
8-31-2010_118393_1.gif

desicad

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Veena Malik speaks to Arnab Goswami on Times Now:

[video]http://www.timesnow.tv/Excl-Ive-concrete-proof-1/videoshow/4352818.cms[/video]

[video]http://www.timesnow.tv/Excl-Ive-concrete-proof-2/videoshow/4352833.cms[/video]

Adeel

Founder
Sports betting should be 'transparent'
[FLV]http://asianmaza.com/Aug2010/Sportsbettingtransparent31Aug2010.flv[/FLV]

tips2lips

Citizen
there is nothing true in this drama its all bulshitt wait and see what is reall its all game from CHOOTIA ENDia the bigest BUKY in the world jab dekha key yeh biktey nahi to katney ki koshish ki pagal kutey ki tara jis bad mein goli mar de jati hai

A debate on Indian bookies fixing Pak cricketers

:angry_smile::angry_smile::angry_smile::angry_smile::angry_smile::angry_smile:

ABHI IN KA KYA KARAY

MAZAK BANA DIYA PAKISTAN KAA:angry_smile:

sakayani

Senator (1k+ posts)
Im sure news of the world is toeing an agenda to defame Pakistan. Their's story on the website "Three held in cricket match-fix probe" is just a proof of that. When I tried to comment on that, that the arrests are separate incidents and not linked to fixing probe, they did not show my comment... Why??