LIFE TIME TOKEN ON SMALL CARS AND PRIME MINISTER PORTAL

anjumkamali

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
I registered twice in PM portal that Excise Department is charging lifetime token on cars 1000cc or below. I requested that this is unfair because most of these Pakistani are poor and doesn't fall in filer category.

These Pakistanis has to pay Rs.21,000/- for filer and for non filer it is Rs. 31,000/- which is unfair. I like to mention that as per income tax laws a person owing less than 1000 cc car need not to file tax return. Therefore most of these poor people need not to file a return by law.

My question to all Pakistani why the compulsory life time token is imposed on these poor Pakistanis in ICT (Islamabad) whereas all others need to pay yearly basis. for example 1300cc car token is 3100/year and for which 10 years are required. 1300 cc car price varies from 1.5 million to 2.8 million whereas these poor Pakistani take loan to purchase these vehicles pricing from 500K to 700K.

I think that Prime Minister Portal is failure as most of time the issue are not resolved rather a lolipop is given to play with.

Last edited by a moderator:

insaf-seeker

Minister (2k+ posts)
I registered twice in PM portal that Excise Department is charging lifetime token on cars 1000cc or below. I requested that this is unfair because most of these Pakistani are poor and doesn't fall in filer category.

These Pakistanis has to pay Rs.21,000/- for filer and for non filer it is Rs. 31,000/- which is unfair. I like to mention that as per income tax laws a person owing less than 1000 cc car need not to file tax return. Therefore most of these poor people need not to file a return by law.

My question to all Pakistani why the compulsory life time token is imposed on these poor Pakistanis in ICT (Islamabad) whereas all others need to pay yearly basis. for example 1300cc car token is 3100/year and for which 10 years are required. 1300 cc car price varies from 1.5 million to 2.8 million whereas these poor Pakistani take loan to purchase these vehicles pricing from 500K to 700K.

I think that Prime Minister Portal is failure as most of time the issue are not resolved rather a lolipop is given to play with.

Income tax filing has nothing to do with car's horse power. You need file tax return even if you pay zero tax.

anjumkamali

Income tax filing has nothing to do with car's horse power. You need file tax return even if you pay zero tax.
Bhai there are some requirements. If you fulfill any of those than you need to file a return by law. For example you have income more than Rs.500,000/- per year, own car of 1000 cc or more, have house of 250 sq.yards (10 marlas) etc.

wamufti

Senator (1k+ posts)
PM portal is mainly to report complaints and provide feedback/suggestion. Your situation is partially related to feedback about current tax on cars and mostly to change tax rate. This requires legislation. You cant expect and answer over PM portal.

I have submitted 2 complaints and 1 suggestion so far. All dealt with as expected to satisfaction.

Imran the legend

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

What a idiot you are how can someone buy a car be poor? Stop talking rubbish and pay your taxes. your corrupt fathers zardari and sharif’s made country nearly bankrupted so pay your taxes and stop licking there corrupt arses

anjumkamali

What a idiot you are how can someone buy a car be poor? Stop talking rubbish and pay your taxes. your corrupt fathers zardari and sharif’s made country nearly bankrupted so pay your taxes and stop licking there corrupt arses
Bhai aap to mind ker gar. I am of the opinion that this is impacting IK government adversely. Small car owners must also be given yearly basis token chance as given to 1000cc above cars. The compulsory life time token to small car owners are unjust. If some body want to pay its his own choice. This is my view point. Choice is given to the owner. if Excise department want it than it must be impose on new purchases only

anjumkamali

PM portal is mainly to report complaints and provide feedback/suggestion. Your situation is partially related to feedback about current tax on cars and mostly to change tax rate. This requires legislation. You cant expect and answer over PM portal.

I have submitted 2 complaints and 1 suggestion so far. All dealt with as expected to satisfaction.
Bhai I am saying taking lifetime token by force is illegal and discriminatory as it is imposed on small cars only why not to all cars. I think this is act to defame IK government. Most of the low income feel the burden of this huge amount.

Will_Bite

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

Filing a tax return =/= Paying taxes

Becoming a filer doesnt require any payment. Just register on FBR site. Its quick and easy.

jani1

یار یہ کیا۔۔۔
فارن پاسپورٹ ہولڈر ہونا جیسے جرم ہوگیا۔۔
میرا موبائل جو میں ساتھ لایا۔ پر ایک بھاری ٹیکس بھرنے کا کہا گیا ہے۔۔۔
کیونکہ میرا پاسپورٹ ٹیکس استثنہ والے ممالک میں شامل نہیں۔۔
بھئ میرے پاکستان اورجن کارڈ کا کیا فائدہ ہوا پھر۔۔۔

ایک موبائل جو ذاتی استعمال کا ہو پر کوئ ٹیکس نہیں ہونا چاہیے۔۔چاہے آپ کہیں سے بھی ہوں۔۔

Will_Bite

یار یہ کیا۔۔۔

ایک موبائل جو ذاتی استعمال کا ہو پر کوئ ٹیکس نہیں ہونا چاہیے۔۔چاہے آپ کہیں سے بھی ہوں۔۔
Are you in Pakistan on vacation? or moving there permanently?
If on vacation, then phone will work for 60 days. Besides, 1 phone per year is allowed free. so not sure what the issue is, but more details are needed

master timi

MPA (400+ posts)
This guy is absolutely right and everyone who is lashing out here on the poor guy is a bit unjustified.

This is a huge burden on low income people. No one wants to pay a life time token for old cars who may not even be in service after few years. This must be made optional as it was in previous year and should be left to the owners.

I think they ask for 10000 PKR as advance income tax, 10000 PKR as life time token. What if the car owner is a pensioner or he survives on the income send by his son from overseas. Why should he pay 10,000 PKR as advance income tax?

Secondly, I have seen many low income people who don't have this sort of amount (21000 PKR or 31000 PKR) just lying around in their bank accounts or drawers.

I fully agree that these sorts of decisions are hurting Imran Khan in general and he is going to lose goodwill of the commoners.

Last edited:

master timi

MPA (400+ posts)
Sir, with due respect your information is outdated. No one is allowed to have a free mobile phone as per FAQ on the FBR website. Here is the Link:

Secondly, the issue is the unjust mobile duty which doesn't take into case the depreciation value of the mobile phone. Duty on 2 or 3 years old mobile phone is much more than the actual worth of the mobile right now.

This policy is again going to hurt Imran Khan in general and will lose the goodwil of the common people.

We know that Country is in crisis and would very much like to share the burden but we can't bear the cost of unjustified taxes.

If on vacation, then phone will work for 60 days. Besides, 1 phone per year is allowed free. so not sure what the issue is, but more details are needed

jani1

I m hr since bqr eid...plnng to stay for 2 to 3 more months...
Aftr recving the flwng sms frm pta...i tried to registr my mobile...whr i found tht i hv to pay sm tx bcz of my passport ..wtf...

آپکےموبائل ڈیوائس کا (6)IMEI درست ہےلیکن PTA سے تصديق شدہ نہیں ہے۔ آپ اس موبائل ڈیوائس کو TELENOR نیٹ ورک پر مورخہ 2019-08-12 سے استعمال کر رہے ہیں۔ اپنا موبائل 60 دن کے اندر دیئے گئے لنک https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/drs پر رجسٹر کریں اور FBR ڈیوٹی/ٹیکس ادا کریں۔ بصورت دیگر آپکا موبائل بلاک کر دیا جائےگا- اگر آپ اپنا موبائل رجسٹر کروا چکے ہیں تو اس میسج کو نظر انداز کر دیں۔

Last edited:

mhafeez

یار یہ کیا۔۔۔

ویسے تو غیر ملکوں پر ٹیکس لگنے سے مجھے ایک کمینی سی خوشی ہوتی ہے جو ہمیں تو ٹیکس دینے پر بھاشن دیتے ہیں مگر ایک جائزہ پیش خدمت ہے :
پاکستان میں موبائل فون کے استعمال سے حاصل ہونیوالی اوسط آمدن فی صارف؛
فیچر فون : 239روپے
٣ جی صارف: 370 روپے
فور جی صارف : 531 روپے
اس تخمینہ سے جی ایس ٹی کی مد میں حاصل ہونیوالی آمدن ؛
فیچر فون : 61 روپے
٣ جی صارف : 90 روپے
فور جی صارف : 136 روپے ہے۔

EEmr7zLXoAAdjFF

اب ٹیکس محصولات کی بڑھانے کے لیے ہمیں تھری اور فور جی صارفین کی تعداد میں اضافہ کرنا تھا مگر ہم نے الٹ کر دیا۔ سمارٹ فون کی درآمدات نچلی سطح پر آ گئی ہیں۔

سمارٹ فونز کے استمعال کے فوائد جیسے ای مارکیٹنگ ، انٹرپرونیور شپ ، سٹارٹ اپس، انفارمیشن وغیرہ ایک الگ بحث ہے۔ یہاں صرف محصولات کی مد میں اضافہ ہی نقطہ بحث ہے۔​

Will_Bite

Sir, with due respect your information is outdated. No one is allowed to have a free mobile phone as per FAQ on the FBR website. Here is the Link:

Secondly, the issue is the unjust mobile duty which doesn't take into case the depreciation value of the mobile phone. Duty on 2 or 3 years old mobile phone is much more than the actual worth of the mobile right now.

This policy is again going to hurt Imran Khan in general and will lose the goodwil of the common people.

We know that Country is in crisis and would very much like to share the burden but we can't bear the cost of unjustified taxes.

If they have removed allowance of one free phone, that is absurd. I was in Pakistan in July/August, and my phone worked fine. I guess that was because I returned in less than 60 days.

The reason I have read for this is that a large amount of traveller data was stolen and sold to smugglers, who used that data to register smuggled phones for free against each traveler's name. That is not a good enough reason. Im not sure if IK is aware of it, bt it is indeed absurd.

master timi

MPA (400+ posts)
There is no debate on paying taxes at all. Everyone should and must pay taxes. The country can't survive without paying the taxes. The debate is whether these sorts of taxes make any sense or not.

& yes this sort of policy on mobile phones is going to hurt more than bringing benefits.

ویسے تو غیر ملکوں پر ٹیکس لگنے سے مجھے ایک کمینی سی خوشی ہوتی ہے جو ہمیں تو ٹیکس دینے پر بھاشن دیتے ہیں مگر ایک جائزہ پیش خدمت ہے :
پاکستان میں موبائل فون کے استعمال سے حاصل ہونیوالی اوسط آمدن فی صارف؛
فیچر فون : 239روپے
٣ جی صارف: 370 روپے
فور جی صارف : 531 روپے
اس تخمینہ سے جی ایس ٹی کی مد میں حاصل ہونیوالی آمدن ؛
فیچر فون : 61 روپے
٣ جی صارف : 90 روپے
فور جی صارف : 136 روپے ہے۔

EEmr7zLXoAAdjFF

اب ٹیکس محصولات کی بڑھانے کے لیے ہمیں تھری اور فور جی صارفین کی تعداد میں اضافہ کرنا تھا مگر ہم نے الٹ کر دیا۔ سمارٹ فون کی درآمدات نچلی سطح پر آ گئی ہیں۔

سمارٹ فونز کے استمعال کے فوائد جیسے ای مارکیٹنگ ، انٹرپرونیور شپ ، سٹارٹ اپس، انفارمیشن وغیرہ ایک الگ بحث ہے۔ یہاں صرف محصولات کی مد میں اضافہ ہی نقطہ بحث ہے۔​

master timi

MPA (400+ posts)
The reason might be that the mobile was previously registered (may be last year or year before that).

& yes that's where the incompetence comes. The data was stolen by federal agencies and was misused by them. Instead of fixing the problem and punishing the culprits, they started punishing the commoners.

If they have removed allowance of one free phone, that is absurd. I was in Pakistan in July/August, and my phone worked fine. I guess that was because I returned in less than 60 days.

The reason I have read for this is that a large amount of traveller data was stolen and sold to smugglers, who used that data to register smuggled phones for free against each traveler's name. That is not a good enough reason. Im not sure if IK is aware of it, bt it is indeed absurd.

mhafeez

There is no debate on paying taxes at all. Everyone should and must pay taxes. The country can't survive without paying the taxes. The debate is whether these sorts of taxes make any sense or not.

& yes this sort of policy on mobile phones is going to hurt more than bringing benefits.

ٹیکس نہ دینے کی یا بل جلانے میں بھی حمایت نہیں کرتا ، البتہ ناجائز ٹیکسوں کے خلاف ہوں ، ہم لوگ جب بھی ناجائز ٹیکسوں پر آواز اٹھاتے ہیں غیر ملکوں میں رہنے والے پاکستانی ہمیں چپ چاپ ٹیکس دینے کے بھاشن دیتے ہیں اس کا ذکر تھا​

jani1

یرا ٹیکس سے کون بھاگ رہا ہے۔۔۔میں بس یہ کہہ رہا تھا کہ ایک عدد فون کا سنا تھا کہ فری ہے مگر وہ بھی شاید اب نہیں رہا۔۔۔یا پھر دیسیوں کے لیے ہوگا۔۔
غلطی ی ہوگئ کہ ایک دوست کے نام سے رجسٹر نہیں کروایا جو میرے ساتھ ہی آکر واپس لوٹ چکا۔۔
موبائل کا بھی مسئلہ نہیں۔۔۔اور کوئ استعمال کرلونگا۔۔۔