Karachi Police Chief Shahid Hayat Exposed

Karachi is much.better since shahid hayat took charge welldone.shahid hayat.. next time you should tell chudry nisar that your problem is that u don't have s... tools which is given to waseem akhtar by ishaq dar .

mkamd

MPA (400+ posts)
I think ethnicity should not be the criteria for selection.But its a city highly polarised on lines of ethnicity and if Muhajir/urdu speaking guy can soothe the relations among public/police and bring some law and order , sure. However If the police chief is from MQM then he will sure support them in unfair way which will not be professional.

I think at this point MQM is not even in this equation. Its about the pleight of people in Karachi. Certainly, police cheif should not have any political affliation. But imported police in Karachi is creating imperfect solutions like MQM or seperate province or even countary. This trend should be changed and better now.

mkamd

MPA (400+ posts)
These extra judicial killings were going on even before he took over. so its not something new.
I am not saying that its right but too much criticism is because of this fact as well. Killing in this fashion is certinaly wrong.

Actually, by defending police action, you are supporting extra judicial killings. Otherwise, critisim in this should be without agar and mugar. Police Cheif should resign.

PIND-WALA

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Actually, by defending police action, you are supporting extra judicial killings. Otherwise, critisim in this should be without agar and mugar. Police Cheif should resign.
I never defended police action.I am trying to explain the meaning/reasons of this MQM lashing on Police Chief .Ethnicity does have a role to play. If it was an Urdu speaking guy MQM's reaction would have been different. Killings are wrong regardless who is doing it. MQM also has killed policemen.

PIND-WALA

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I think at this point MQM is not even in this equation. Its about the pleight of people in Karachi. Certainly, police cheif should not have any political affliation. But imported police in Karachi is creating imperfect solutions like MQM or seperate province or even countary. This trend should be changed and better now.
Why MQM is not in the equation ?

Nazimshah

Senator (1k+ posts)
@ mehwish_ali
So why MQM is categorized terrorist group by Canada and now the head of MQM is under house arrest for terrorism, killing and money laundering in UK. Because UK and Canada run by Pathans???? waiting for genuine answer !!!