Jewish woman chased by men armed with clubs during the Lviv pogrom 1941

Vitamin_C

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Jewish woman chased by men and youth armed with clubs during the Lviv pogroms, 1941

jewish_woman_lviv_pogroms_1.jpg

Woman chased by men and youth armed with clubs, Medova Street in Lviv, July 1941.

Chased by youth armed with clubs, this woman is fleeing from a “death dealer” whose left leg can be seen at the left-hand edge of the photograph. The Lviv pogroms were the consecutive massacres of Jews living in the city of Lwów (now Lviv, Ukraine), perpetrated by Ukrainian nationalists from 30 June to 2 July 1941, and from 25 to 29 July 1941, during the Wehrmacht’s attack on Soviet-occupied eastern Poland in World War II.

Immediately after the German army entered Lviv, the prison gates were opened and the scale of the NKVD prisoner massacres carried out by the Soviets revealed. The report drafted by Judge Möller singled out the Jews as responsible for the Soviet atrocities in accordance with the Nazi theory of Judeo-Bolshevism, even though Polish Jews had nothing to do with the NKVD killings. As observed by British-Polish historian Prof. Norman Davies: “in the [Lviv] personnel of the Soviet security police at the time, the high percentage of Jews was striking”. The Einsatzgruppe C with the participation of Ukrainian National Militia organized the first pogrom, chiefly in revenge for the combined killings at Lviv’s three prisons including Brygidki, Łąckiego and Zamarstynowska Street prisons.

Last edited:

Vitamin_C

The Kovno Garage Massacre - Lithuanian nationalists clubbing Jewish Lithuanians to death, 1941

The%2BKovno%2BGarage%2BMassacre%2B-%2BLithuanian%2Bnationalists%2Bclubbing%2BJewish%2BLithuanians%2Bto%2Bdeath%252C%2B1941%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Lithuanian nationalists clubbing Jewish Lithuanians to death. Kovno (Kaunas), Lithuania, June 27, 1941.

In June and July 1941, detachments of German Einsatzgruppen, together with Lithuanian auxiliaries, began murdering the Jews of Lithuania. Groups of partisans, civil units of nationalist-rightist anti-Soviet affiliation, initiated contact with the Germans as soon as they entered the Lithuanian territories. A rogue unit of insurgents headed by Algirdas Klimaitis and encouraged by Germans from the Sicherheitspolizei and Sicherheitsdienst, started anti-Jewish pogroms in Kaunas (Polish: Kovno) on the night of 25–27 June 1941. Over a thousand Jews perished over the next few days in what was the first pogrom in Nazi-occupied Lithuania. The most infamous incident occurred in what was later known as the Lietūkis Garage Massacre.

During the Lietūkis Garage Massacre, carried out before the invading Germans had actually set up their administration, 40-60 people were killed and publicly humiliated in the process. Jews were forced to gather on the afternoon in the courtyard of a garage at 43 Vitautas Avenue, in the center of the city. Some of them were killed with shovels, iron bars or by other barbaric methods. Lithuanian children were lifted onto the shoulder of their parents to catch a glimpse of the “Death Dealer of Kovno”, a sight that one German regular army officer later described as the most frightful event he’d witnessed in the course of two world wars.

Dead_dealer_Lietukis_Garage_Kovno.jpg

An unknown perpetrator (nicknamed the “Death Dealer”) at the massacre in the Lietūkis garage.

“On the concrete forecourt of the petrol station a blond man of medium height, aged about twenty-five, stood leaning on a wooden club, resting. The club was as thick as his arm and came up to his chest. At his feet lay about fifteen to twenty dead or dying people. Water flowed continuously from a hose washing blood away into the drainage gully. Just a few steps behind this man some twenty men, guarded by armed civilians, stood waiting for their cruel execution in silent submission. In response to a cursory wave the next man stepped forward silently and was beaten to death with the wooden club in the most bestial manner, each blow accompanied by enthusiastic shouts from the audience”. Once the mound of the bodies at his feet had reach fifty, the Death Dealer fetched an accordion, climbed to the top of the pile of the corpses, and played the Lithuanian national anthem.

This incident is well documented and well photographed, partly because it was a public event. There are various accounts of it from both German and Lithuanian sources. Laimonas Noreika was a resident of Kovno:

I can’t remember whether we left work early that day (my elder brother Albertas and I) or whether we went home at our usual time. Opposite the Kovno cemetery at the corner of Greenwald St and Vytautas Boulevard there was a small garage, which serviced light vehicles. A large crowd had gathered alongside the perimeter fence of the garage yard. So we also went over to see what was happening. I keep asking myself whether I just imagined it all but I know I did not.

Those horrific events have been burned onto my memory and will remain there until my dying day. In the middle of the yard, in broad daylight and in full view of the assembled crowd, a group of well dressed, spruce intelligent looking people held iron bars which they used to viciously beat another group of similarly well dressed, spruce, intelligent people. It was obvious the yard also served as a horse stable as animal droppings were littered everywhere.

The assailants yelled the word “norma” (move it) repeatedly as they relentlessly battered the Jews until they fell to the ground and began gathering feces. They kept hitting them until finally they lay inert. Then, using a hosepipe for washing cars, they doused them with water until they came round following which the abuse would start all over again. And so it went on and on until the hapless victims lay dead. Bodies began to pile up everywhere. I stood next to the fence and watched it all until finally, my brother Albertas pulled me away…

The%2BKovno%2BGarage%2BMassacre%2B-%2BLithuanian%2Bnationalists%2Bclubbing%2BJewish%2BLithuanians%2Bto%2Bdeath%252C%2B1941%2B4.jpg

Some of them were killed with shovels, iron bars or by other barbaric methods.

The%2BKovno%2BGarage%2BMassacre%2B-%2BLithuanian%2Bnationalists%2Bclubbing%2BJewish%2BLithuanians%2Bto%2Bdeath%252C%2B1941%2B5.jpg

Crowd views the aftermath of a massacre at Lietukis Garage, where pro-German Lithuanian nationalists killed more than 40-60 Jewish men.

The%2BKovno%2BGarage%2BMassacre%2B-%2BLithuanian%2Bnationalists%2Bclubbing%2BJewish%2BLithuanians%2Bto%2Bdeath%252C%2B1941%2B2.jpg

This incident is well documented and well photographed, partly because it was a public event.

Excerpt from testimony given by Colonel L. Von Bischoffshausen:

I arrived in Kovno on the afternoon of June 27 1941. Whilst patrolling the city I came across a crowd of people that had gathered alongside a gas station to watch was happening in the adjacent yard. There were women in the crowd and many of them clambered onto chairs and crates so that they and their children could get a better view of the “spectacle” taking place in the yard below. At first I thought this must be a victory celebration or some type of sporting event because of the cheering, clapping and laughter that kept breaking out.

However, when I asked what was happening I was told the “death dealer of Kovno” is at work and he would make sure that all “traitors and collaborators” received a fitting punishment for their “treachery.” When I drew closer I witnessed a display of brutality that was unparalleled by anything I saw in combat during two world wars.

Standing on the tarmac in the yard was a fair haired young man of around 25. He leaned on a long iron bar as thick as human arm and around his feet lay between fifteen to twenty people who were either dying or already dead. A few feet away from him stood another group of individuals who were guarded by armed men. Every few minutes he signaled with his hand and another person quietly stepped forward and had his skull shattered with one blow from the huge iron bar the killer held in his hand. Each blow he struck drew another round of clapping and cheering from the enthralled crowd.

The%2BKovno%2BGarage%2BMassacre%2B-%2BLithuanian%2Bnationalists%2Bclubbing%2BJewish%2BLithuanians%2Bto%2Bdeath%252C%2B1941%2B3.jpg

Lithuanian children were lifted onto the shoulder of their parents to catch a glimpse of the “Death Dealer of Kovno”, a sight that one German regular army officer later described as the most frightful event he’d witnessed in the course of two world wars.

During World War II, 91-95% of Lithuania’s Jewish population of Lithuanian Jews were killed – almost all the Jews who had not managed to leave Lithuania and its environs. This was the highest casualty rate of Jews in any nation in the Holocaust. An important component to the Holocaust in Lithuania was that the occupying Nazi German administration fanned antisemitism by blaming the Soviet regime’s recent annexation of Lithuania, a year earlier, on the Jewish community. Another factor was the German plan for early colonization of Lithuania – which shared a border with German East Prussia – in accordance with their Generalplan Ost; hence the high priority given to the extermination of the relatively small Lithuanian Jewish community.

(Photo credit: Dokumetationsarchiv Des Osterreichischen Wiederstand / Yad Vashem / Hirsch (Zvi) Kadushin).

kakamuna420

what would happen in US when the stock market gets blown and people lose their life long savings? Thoughts?

kakamuna420

Jews were always hated and discriminated by Christens in their 2000 year old history because they blamed Jews for killing Jesus in particular but also because they considers Jews as kind of parasite taking free ride on their societies and taking advantage of them.
no it is not all true. I think some of them used to be ultra-rich, educated, and powerful and they ran off to Manhattan leaving behind the poor ones to such massacres. Most of the people from any religion are innocent but face the brunt of a few bad ones.

Galaxy

I watched all 9 Episodes of the false Jewish claim of 6 million Jews killed by Hitler on U-tube by German historian Ernst Zundel . Sadly this documentary by ernst zundel is taken off the U-tube now.

Galaxy

Same fate is waiting for them in the US sooner or later where the people are armed to their teeth.

Galaxy

Since Jews are owning and therefor controlling all American financial and news world today but once the things start sliding down hill ,you will see what will happen.

Vitamin_C

Islam does not have positive views of Jews either, they are considered treacherous and distrustful. Muhammad butchered the entire Banu Qurayza Jewish tribe because of his suspicion of them. Such events against Jews are all over Prophet's biography and Hadith.

Its true that we have lived together peacefully but its not true that only Christianity discriminates against Jews.

Jews were always hated and discriminated by Christens in their 2000 year old history because they blamed Jews for killing Jesus in particular but also because they considers Jews as kind of parasite taking free ride on their societies and taking advantage of them.

Vitamin_C

Hitler didnt kill all of them. Anti-semitism existed all over Europe. Most of the Jews were killed by their own countrymen, their own doctors, neighbors, shopkeepers etc. Germany's had to put little resource towards this most countries locally and willingly killed Jews.

Look at the pictures I posted, those people were not Germans they were local Lithuanians, Poles and Ukrainians. Same story in Western Europe. Italy was already openly fascist, the Dutch and French also killed their Jews themselves, rest were sent to concentration camps and killed there.

Many French citizens welcomed the German army with flowers because they also shared the same racist and fascist ideas that the Germans and Italians had. Its a dark history that West does not like to talk about. They were all complicit. The more horrifying part is that all this happened less than 50 years before we were born and many people still support these ideas as we can see with whats happening in US, in India and some of the ideas promoted by Mullahs on this forum. Hate, discrimination, intolerance, racism is still alive and well in the 21st century.

I watched all 9 Episodes of the false Jewish claim of 6 million Jews killed by Hitler on U-tube by German historian Ernst Zundel . Sadly this documentary by ernst zundel is taken off the U-tube now.

Last edited:

hkniazi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Somebody tell this person whose braincells lack of vitamin-c that what was the no. of Jews back then and how many muslims?

And even though if something like that has happened as you are assuming, there is always a good reason for that.

Vitamin_C

Only a pathetic and sick human being can justify public human sacrifice and genocide.

People who promote hate openly and try to justify violence against a certain religious/racial group should be banned from spreading more hate.

And even though if something like that has happened as you are assuming, there is always a good reason for that.

hkniazi

Minister (2k+ posts)
As per your assumptions.
Only a pathetic and sick human being can justify public human sacrifice and genocide.

People who promote hate openly and try to justify violence against a certain religious/racial group should be banned from spreading more hate.

hkniazi

Minister (2k+ posts)
"Things you have been assuming..." and "there is a reason for that", which part of it is a hate speech?

Look man you been coming here, trying to promote your new age religion. A religion that was not there before the invention of internet.
You come here to insult our Prophet, something that is bigger than all of us, together.
You come here to take up the fight against people only because, I don't know what kind of books you have been reading until now?

So either stop this nonsense and behave, or leave. this is not the right place for you.
Science is part of a religion, but there is no science in your interpretetion of new-age-science.