ISI - a brilliant, most efficient intelligence agency --- the pride of pakistan and pakistan's first

BluntMan

MPA (400+ posts)
The ISI - Inter Services Intelligence is the premiere intelligence agency of Pakistan. Its primery objectives are not only to safeguard Pakistani interests, but also, reinforcing Pakistan's power base in the region.

The ISI is a very secretive organization and its most of its activities remain secret.
The ISI is tasked with collection of of foreign and domestic intelligence; co-ordination of intelligence functions of the three military services; surveillance over its cadre, foreigners, the media, politically active segments of Pakistani society, diplomats of other countries accredited to Pakistan and Pakistani diplomats serving outside the country; the interception and monitoring of communications; and the conduct of covert offensive and wartime operations. Functions of the ISI include gathering foreign and domestic intelligence and synchronizing the intelligence of the military services. The agency maintains surveillance of foreign diplomats in Pakistan, Pakistani diplomats abroad, and politically active members of Pakistani society. It monitors its own staff, the media and foreigners. It tracks and intercepts communications and engages in covert offensive operations.

ISI is headquartered in Islamabad and works under a Director General, a serving Lieutenant General of the Pakistan Army. There are three Deputy Director Generals-designated DDG (Internal), DDG (External) and DDG (General). The ISI is staffed mainly by personnel deputed from the Army , para-military forces and some specialized units of the Army. The strength is classified and according to experts ranges from anywhere in between 10,000 to 25,000. This figure does not include informants and assets. It is organized into six to eight divisions .

BluntMan

MPA (400+ posts)
Just type ISI in any search engine and people will find the Western Media and Indian media demonizing the ISI. They write continuously against the ISI and this anti-ISI campaign is increasing by every passing day. The reason is that ISI stands in their way. Many attempts have been made to weaken ISI but all efforts have been failed. Everyone knows that the major powers want control over Pakistan and Afghnaistan and this region. And they want to make sure that India becomes South Asia's policeman with Pakistan as its servant. But there is one problem in this plan. ISI stands in the way so every effort is being made to give ISI a bad name. However, Pakistanis stand by their Armed forces and the world famous ISI. Pakistanis all over the world are proud of their intelligence agency the ISI.

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)
Well without reading the above content, I will appreciate the involvement of ISI in every Pakistani's daily life and routine, I am wondering, why ISI has been permitting this bunch of corrupt rulers, they should cease power and start ruling the way they use to do it in past, Public will support them, who are suffering from hunger and poverty, no body like to have this feudal system. ISI should now hold power for ever and should hold all these culprits, who have looted this country, one thing for sure, Pakistan cannot afford democracy or human rights, these people have slave mentality and would be more happy to continue living in same way, the way they use to live in Ayub khan (9years) dictatorship, then Ziaulhaq (11year) dictatorship and most recent Musharaf (9year) dictatorship, and Great Intelligent people praise and remember these golden era's.

So heads up ISI Pakistanis are with you, take action for the good sake of common Pakistani(so called) and empower more 7% elite class, however all have their roots in ISI.

Shame on us

YAHYA87

Senator (1k+ posts)
In terms of Countering external enemies I would say they are very effective in that but they arent able to give their full in internal threats so I would say they are first line of Defense but they are not PERFECT but are GOOD...

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Boys and girls at the ISI are our braves and deserve million salutes. My party, Patriots, shall strengthen their hands instead of slashing their power.

Keep it up folks at ISI....... May Allah bless you and help you

Gazoo Martian, Chairman
Pakistani Patriots

YAHYA87

Senator (1k+ posts)
Boys and girls at the ISI are our braves and deserve million salutes. My party, Patriots, shall strengthen their hands instead of slashing their power.

Keep it up folks at ISI....... May Allah bless you and help you

Gazoo Martian, Chairman
Pakistani Patriots

Well then your party name patriote would be another conspirator in Pakistan so instaed of following ISI and you should follow your own agenda which could strengthen Pakistan instead of just ONE INSTITUTION OF PAKISTAN...

Lucky4u

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
If people will spare me I would dare to differ,,,,, Of course ISI could be the best Intelligence agency if they focus on things which they are meant for.....

How come they become perfect if they couldn't catch Maulana Fazal ullah while he kept using his FM radio for until two months even after the Swat operation begun??? We killed hundreds of innocent people by using Gunship helicopters but we couldn't spot a single person (A sitting duck, using his FM radio) while having such a perfect intelligence agency!!!!!
There is a bomb blast almost every week but we have no intelligence report prior to that although we have a perfect Intelligence agency........ The only intelligence report we read all the time is ''5 (or whatever) suicide bombers entered Islamabad'' and that's it.......
They are perfect in bribing political parties, making coalitions and bringing down governments. Lets forget the formation of IJI, take the most recent involvement in the shape of distributing army lands in MMA leaders especially Maulana Fazal ur Rehman................

With all due respect, I would say that ISI could be the best if they stop interfering in our politics (which is a dirtiest business for some time now).... They should do what they need to.
-Peace

If ISI was so bright then what was its wisdom in creating Taliban? ISI thru its nurturing of Taliban is responsible for so much of Afghanistan's grief and sorrow. Tactically, it maybe an efficient organization but in larger picture it has brought shame and disrepute to Pakistan. ISI is now looked at, the world around, as a double-dealing agency that has its ranks filled with jihadi simpathizers. Even much of the blame for current attacks and bombs going off within pakistan finds its way at doorsteps of ISI. It's thinking that jihad can somehow be used to achieve foreign policy objectives without having any effect on pakistan's social fabric and reputation is not only foolish but criminal. Even now through its support of Mullah Omar, its poisoining the future relationship with Afghanistan.... whose residents view pakistanis generally and ISI specifically as suspicious and untrustworthy. Pakistan needs an agency that collects intelligence but doesn't forment trouble in its neighbourhood. Because ultimately chaotic and unstable neighbourhood is not in pakistan's long term interests.

abuyavar

Citizen
" Its primery objectives are not only to safeguard Pakistani interests, but also, reinforcing Pakistan's power base in the region. " :o really is it the primary objective of ISI???????? I dont think so its primary objective is to implement US orders democratically in pakistan, they even can't do shit without there orders.

And well if i consider you are right than whats other agencies doing in our country, in every bomb blast there is an indian agency involve that will proved but still they hide the issue and blame taliban for it, whats that black water doing in pakistan from the past 10 years....................... there are so many questions.

ISI make us US slave, they are the friends of US and who so ever worked for US interest in pakistan never be ours ;((

gazoomartian

If ISI was so bright then what was its wisdom in creating Taliban? ISI thru its nurturing of Taliban is responsible for so much of Afghanistan's grief and sorrow. Tactically, it maybe an efficient organization but in larger picture it has brought shame and disrepute to Pakistan. ISI is now looked at, the world around, as a double-dealing agency that has its ranks filled with jihadi simpathizers. Even much of the blame for current attacks and bombs going off within pakistan finds its way at doorsteps of ISI. It's thinking that jihad can somehow be used to achieve foreign policy objectives without having any effect on pakistan's social fabric and reputation is not only foolish but criminal. Even now through its support of Mullah Omar, its poisoining the future relationship with Afghanistan.... whose residents view pakistanis generally and ISI specifically as suspicious and untrustworthy. Pakistan needs an agency that collects intelligence but doesn't forment trouble in its neighbourhood. Because ultimately chaotic and unstable neighbourhood is not in pakistan's long term interests.

RAW is filled with terrorists as well. Col Prohit and bal thakrey come to your mind?

I will say again, if it werent for the ISI etc, we would have been trampled by the USSR and India would have taken over us.

Geo boys and girls at the ISI, long live.

gazoomartian

" Its primery objectives are not only to safeguard Pakistani interests, but also, reinforcing Pakistan's power base in the region. " :o really is it the primary objective of ISI???????? I dont think so its primary objective is to implement US orders democratically in pakistan, they even can't do shit without there orders.

And well if i consider you are right than whats other agencies doing in our country, in every bomb blast there is an indian agency involve that will proved but still they hide the issue and blame taliban for it, whats that black water doing in pakistan from the past 10 years....................... there are so many questions.

ISI make us US slave, they are the friends of US and who so ever worked for US interest in pakistan never be ours ;((

Oh boy!! another Indian from the sounds of it (cry)

gazoomartian, Bal Thackeray is not and never has been a member of RAW and infact neither is Col. Purohit (he was military intelligence)... and Col. Purohit was investigated and put on trial by indians themselves. Has any ISI officer ever been put on trial in Pakistan? Till pakistanis as a society don't start clarifying what ISI can and can't do....... ISI will continue its free run. And regular pakistanis will suffering at international airports.

If you think ISI is the only reason pakistan is not 'trampled' than you really shortchange the pakistani people. All nations have intelligence agencies but they must work under defined rules and policies whereas in pakistani ISI has become a state within a state.

Wadaich

Please help your brother....................

ISI is brilliant agency??
Inna Lillah e Wa Inna Ileh e Rajeun

Please help your brother ("LeftBrain") to locate his "brain". Has claims that once he does have "brain" but it was lost due the overwhelming propaganda of CIA/Mossad/Raw "Inna Lillah e Wa Inna Ileh e Rajeun". Since then our brother is in the condition of severe ideological bewilderment. It's kinda traumatic situation. All the forum members are requested to rush to help rescue a brother of us to search his "brain":cool:

Gazoo Bhai:
Your party will be rocketing in pulling at least the support of this forum if you could help your brother on the aforementioned issue. (serious)

Dua ka Talib

J. Warraich

gazoomartian

Please help your brother ("LeftBrain") to locate his "brain". Has claims that once he does have "brain" but it was lost due the overwhelming propaganda of CIA/Mossad/Raw "Inna Lillah e Wa Inna Ileh e Rajeun". Since then our brother is in the condition of severe ideological bewilderment. It's kinda traumatic situation. All the forum members are requested to rush to help rescue a brother of us to search his "brain":cool:

Gazoo Bhai:
Your party will be rocketing in pulling at least the support of this forum if you could help your brother on the aforementioned issue. (serious)

Dua ka Talib

J. Warraich

OK I will check his pulse, any surgeon here? [hilar]

gazoomartian

gazoomartian, Bal Thackeray is not and never has been a member of RAW and infact neither is Col. Purohit (he was military intelligence)... and Col. Purohit was investigated and put on trial by indians themselves. Has any ISI officer ever been put on trial in Pakistan? Till pakistanis as a society don't start clarifying what ISI can and can't do....... ISI will continue its free run. And regular pakistanis will suffering at international airports.

If you think ISI is the only reason pakistan is not 'trampled' than you really shortchange the pakistani people. All nations have intelligence agencies but they must work under defined rules and policies whereas in pakistani ISI has become a state within a state.

Thakray doesnt have to be directly employed by the RAW. One can always act upon instruction of carry out suggestion, orders.

Prohit was put on trial and being dragged STILL, how many years have gone by so far? Is Indian system of justice really that slow?

As far as ISI being a state withing a state, we like it that way, they are our heroes. We would keep them on FREE RUN. We love them

We dont owe any clarification to you or your masters at New Delhi on the subject of ISI. The do and will do what ever it takes to the country safe as possible. You just take care of the Indian terrorist army that is committing genocide in the Terrorized Kashmir forcefully held by India

by the way let me knwo if you are Indian. Will be putting you in my iggy bin with Indians. Make it easy for me will ya

You don't seem to know much about Thackeray or RAW. Thackeray truly is a bigot and doesn't need anyones instructions to be one. And RAW is only responsible for foreign intelligence so conducting any operation inside india is out of their jurisdiction.

And yes Indian justice is system is slow. But I hope it'll eventually convict Purohit and give him a tough punishment. Just as I hope pakistani anti-terrorism court will convict and punish the seven suspects charged including Lakhwi for 2008 mumbai attack.

Now you may be happy with ISI not being answerable to its taxpayers but I am sure more saner pakistanis want to change that. As for owing clarification, when terrorism is systematically being exported from pakistan to elsewhere..... the world will demand clarification and pakistan will have to reply. Pakistani public does not want terrorism being used as a state policy in its name.