Imran khans financial credibility??

ADNANZALI

Imran Khan, the Chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf keeps roaring on the money of political leaders abroad and how that is affecting our countrys development. Imran Khan is known to be a person of means, and this I am quite certain that he has certain obligations abroad, like an ex-wife and sons living with his ex-wife. Does he send the kids any money or he doesnt? If he does, he either does it from Pakistan, through remittance or has accounts abroad. If he doesnt, that would speak volumes about the man who preaches morality, ghairat and honor. These are his personal matters and should not be discussed that much, however, something more public is his accomplished project of Shaukat Khanum Memorial Trust.
Before I begin, I want to highlight, why I am writing piece. Imran Khan after his Partys CEC meeting, while briefing the press:

He lamented the ruling elite had their accounts abroad and were taking away billions of dollars, as these were never spent for the welfare of the masses.
I have just downloaded the 2009 financial statements of Shaukat Khanum Memorial Trust audited by AF Ferguson & Co. The 2010 statements are not yet available.
Some points I have noted, include:
  1. During 2009, the cash donations and zakat received by the Trust was Rs. 1.485 billion compared to Rs. 1.106 billion in 2008. The statements do not show the sources of the donations i.e. geography. We dont know how much was raised in Pakistan and how much abroad. We can assume that if not majority, a significant amount is raised in Pakistan.
  2. Imran Khan talks against money being kept abroad. In notes to accounts number 11, I can see an amount at cost of US $5.5mn invested in form of capital protected notes in foreign funds. With interest rates down globally I am sure these notes are not yielding much.
  3. As much as $3mn is invested in a Virgin Islands based SPV called Cinnabar International Services that is doing a real estate project in Oman. The Omani market is as much affected like the rest of GCC. Based on investment analysis some Omani companies are down 35pc on the valuation. One also must ask why is the portfolio restricted to Oman? Isnt this against the concept that Imran Khan keeps talking about. Instead of investing his portfolio in Pakistan where his own project that is operational he is investing abroad? By the way, the project in Oman is run by a company whose CEO is a member of Board of Governors of SKMT named Imtiaz H. Hyderi. Isnt that a conflict of interest?
  4. As much as Rs. 99 mn in Bank of Punjab as fixed deposit and NIB Bank Rs. 18 million. The return expected is not known. These two are not the top tier banks of Pakistan. It is also a matter of surprise that Bank of Punjab is considered to be in trouble in light of their performance and the scandals. Why does the Trust consider these two banks only for their fixed deposits?
  5. There is another $4mn invested with Credit Agricole funds in Guernsey without explanation as to where the money is being invested in.
Is this the level transparency you would like to have with an organization whose head and a prominent public figure preaches morality? Is this morality that on one hand you lambast the political leadership that they have their money abroad, but on the other hand, you yourselves are investing money raised from general public in risky avenues? What would happen if the investments of nearly US$ 12.5 million were to go bust? That is almost Rs. 1.062 billion! Please think about it.
The public trusts Imran Khan; the problem is that he trusts the Taliban and defends them in public by denying their crimes against humanity.

Given the huge capital inflows into his various projects, can we trust Imran Khan to not donate money to terrorist organizations like the Taliban and their local affiliates, many of whom like Sipah Sahaba and Jamaat Dawa gave him support for his recent dharna?

Does the ISI view Imran Khans Trusts as a conduit to funnel money to Jihadis? These are all pertinent questions that come to mind when evaluating and auditing Imran Khan. Imran Khan recently won the Jinnah society award for his flood relief efforts. These efforts were not altruistic and were focused on gaining political mileage at the cost of actual flood relief efforts.

When President Zardari travelled to the UK which was the largest donor to Pakistans flood relief efforts, Imran Khans PTI combined with Hizb ul Tahrir to launch protests that called for Sharia. Given that there are inconsistencies in his own flood relief efforts, would it not be fair to ask for a detailed audit of all the funds that Imran Khan collected from Western democracies like UK, Canada and the US; an indication of his utter hypocrisy given his visceral hatred of Western thought!

We are all troubled at Imran Khans extremist views, his defence for the Taliban and his character attack on Pakistans noted scientist, intellectual and peace activist, Dr. Pervaiz Hoodbhoy. Imran proceeded to follow this with actual threats of physical violence against the good professor.
As far as Mr. Imran Khan is concerned, we request him again to bring his house in order before pointing generally towards others. SKMT is without doubt a proud project which belongs not to Imran Khan or other trustees but also to each and every person who gets treated there or ever donated to it. People will challenge what I have said, just to reiterate, I donated for the first time for SKMT way back in 1990, when for me Imran Khan epitomised a hero!!!!

GraanG2

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Re: Imran khans financial credibility???????

[hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar]

GraanG2

First post and so much zeher...Looks like the PMLN 10 crore just got to the propaganda hands and the work has already been started.In dramo se ab log behekne wale nahi...Yeh time apne party ke organization mein lagawo...Is tarah ke kaamo se kuch hasil nahi hoga.

I will take ur post as a success of dharna in advance and a pressure already built on the corrupt leaders.The future belongs to the youth and Imran Khan...In dramo se corrupt leaders ko koi chance milne wala nahi.

Last edited:

adnan_21

Citizen

adnan bhai mai apke sath ho chalo muje bas 15% day do okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk nawaz shareef zindabad shaaz sharfeef zinda bad waise yay bataoo payment monthly basis per hai yay commission based package hai bhai after the beautiful revelations about shabaz shareef regarding restoration of cheif justice my respect for them has increased ten folds and from now on i'll bestow them with the title of "MUNAFEQEEN-I-AZAM/THE GREATEST HYPOCRITES/THE LEADER OF HYPOCRITES" which ever u like 100 million to defame imran................ give me some too i'll write better than u...............

4ImranKhan

Voter (50+ posts)

230251_210034899029804_134179719948656_679370_5515839_n.jpg

Yaar tu Ja kar Nawaz shareef and Asif Ali Zardari, aur dosri Bary Bary Sayasatdano K Finance ko check kar, jis k tu kareeb bhi nahi jaaa sakta, abby sudhar jaoooo.......................Ye Nawaz Zardari jessy magarmachoon k tu tum ko jaidadooon ka ilm nahi hy kitna khaya hy in logoon ny, Please yaar sahi aur sachy admi ko pahchanoooooo....Imran Bhai sab k samny Hazir hay accountability k liye yaar TV par khud Challange kia hy,

Imran Khan Zinda Baad
Support Imran Khan

wakeup_pak

Citizen

Hahhahaha...Dude can u also do some research and Post such analysis about PML N and PPP..Please??

4ImranKhan

Voter (50+ posts)

Yaar Adnan_21 ye loooog Nawaz shareef aur Zardari k driver sy nahi mil sakty ja kar wooo log essy kiraye kay tatoo hazaroon ki tadaaad main rakhty hain aur is par sara kaaam woo Ahsaaan Iqbal karta hy, Yar ye ahsaaan iqbal karachi main Nadeem farooqi k office miain baith kar ye kaam karta hy,........ye ADNANALIZ jessy log sirf yaan tu pessy k liye ye kaam karty hain yaaan pagal ho gaye hain.....Allah raham kary in sab par

4ImranKhan

Voter (50+ posts)

yar ye shareeef ki badmashi par tu pora u tube bhara hoa hy, aur Zardari ka 10% kissi sy chuppa hoa nahi hy, yaar in logon ko jawab denny ka time nahi hy, imran bhai ka sath denna ka time hy, ye sab khud daikh lain gy aur daikh rhy hain k Imran Khan cha rha hy, Tab hi ye log ghabra rahy hain aur Ahsan Iqbal ye internet par compain kar raha hy Karachi sy Nadeem Farooqi k office sy baith kar....

razaa100

Citizen
imran khan, the chairman of pakistan tehreek-e-insaf keeps roaring on the money of political leaders abroad and how that is affecting our countrys development. Imran khan is known to be a person of means, and this i am quite certain that he has certain obligations abroad, like an ex-wife and sons living with his ex-wife. Does he send the kids any money or he doesnt? If he does, he either does it from pakistan, through remittance or has accounts abroad. If he doesnt, that would speak volumes about the man who preaches morality, ghairat and honor. These are his personal matters and should not be discussed that much, however, something more public is his accomplished project of shaukat khanum memorial trust.
Before i begin, i want to highlight, why i am writing piece. Imran khan after his partys cec meeting, while briefing the press:
he lamented the ruling elite had their accounts abroad and were taking away billions of dollars, as these were never spent for the welfare of the masses.
i have just downloaded the 2009 financial statements of shaukat khanum memorial trust audited by af ferguson & co. The 2010 statements are not yet available.

Some points i have noted, include:
  1. during 2009, the cash donations and zakat received by the trust was rs. 1.485 billion compared to rs. 1.106 billion in 2008. The statements do not show the sources of the donations i.e. Geography. We dont know how much was raised in pakistan and how much abroad. We can assume that if not majority, a significant amount is raised in pakistan.
  2. imran khan talks against money being kept abroad. In notes to accounts number 11, i can see an amount at cost of us $5.5mn invested in form of capital protected notes in foreign funds. With interest rates down globally i am sure these notes are not yielding much.
  3. as much as $3mn is invested in a virgin islands based spv called cinnabar international services that is doing a real estate project in oman. The omani market is as much affected like the rest of gcc. Based on investment analysis some omani companies are down 35pc on the valuation. One also must ask why is the portfolio restricted to oman? Isnt this against the concept that imran khan keeps talking about. Instead of investing his portfolio in pakistan where his own project that is operational he is investing abroad? By the way, the project in oman is run by a company whose ceo is a member of board of governors of skmt named imtiaz h. Hyderi. Isnt that a conflict of interest?
  4. as much as rs. 99 mn in bank of punjab as fixed deposit and nib bank rs. 18 million. The return expected is not known. These two are not the top tier banks of pakistan. It is also a matter of surprise that bank of punjab is considered to be in trouble in light of their performance and the scandals. Why does the trust consider these two banks only for their fixed deposits?
  5. there is another $4mn invested with credit agricole funds in guernsey without explanation as to where the money is being invested in.
is this the level transparency you would like to have with an organization whose head and a prominent public figure preaches morality? Is this morality that on one hand you lambast the political leadership that they have their money abroad, but on the other hand, you yourselves are investing money raised from general public in risky avenues? What would happen if the investments of nearly us$ 12.5 million were to go bust? That is almost rs. 1.062 billion! Please think about it.
The public trusts imran khan; the problem is that he trusts the taliban and defends them in public by denying their crimes against humanity.

Given the huge capital inflows into his various projects, can we trust imran khan to not donate money to terrorist organizations like the taliban and their local affiliates, many of whom like sipah sahaba and jamaat dawa gave him support for his recent dharna?

Does the isi view imran khans trusts as a conduit to funnel money to jihadis? These are all pertinent questions that come to mind when evaluating and auditing imran khan. Imran khan recently won the jinnah society award for his flood relief efforts. These efforts were not altruistic and were focused on gaining political mileage at the cost of actual flood relief efforts.

When president zardari travelled to the uk which was the largest donor to pakistans flood relief efforts, imran khans pti combined with hizb ul tahrir to launch protests that called for sharia. Given that there are inconsistencies in his own flood relief efforts, would it not be fair to ask for a detailed audit of all the funds that imran khan collected from western democracies like uk, canada and the us; an indication of his utter hypocrisy given his visceral hatred of western thought!

We are all troubled at imran khans extremist views, his defence for the taliban and his character attack on pakistans noted scientist, intellectual and peace activist, dr. Pervaiz hoodbhoy. Imran proceeded to follow this with actual threats of physical violence against the good professor.
As far as mr. Imran khan is concerned, we request him again to bring his house in order before pointing generally towards others. Skmt is without doubt a proud project which belongs not to imran khan or other trustees but also to each and every person who gets treated there or ever donated to it. People will challenge what i have said, just to reiterate, i donated for the first time for skmt way back in 1990, when for me imran khan epitomised a hero!!!!

murda bola kafan phaar kay

saeed khan

I do not understand why people criticise Imran when he says for good relations with Talban.
Our economy has suffered a loss of 70 billion dollars in last eight years because of US war against Talban.
Enemies like England and Germany are good neighbours now even have got same currency just to protect their economies. Then why not we can have good relations with Talban. 99% problems of our country are economy problems. If we solve our matters with Talban for peace and to develop our economy, no one should have any objection.
But politicians who are being paid for war with Talban do not want this and employees of these selfish politicians write against peace.

Last edited:

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
This idiot is the same Z.Khan who tried his best to malign Imran some 2 months before but when couldn't do damage Imran's image, he run away.

This idiot should show the proper full fledge documents what he said so that we could see it as well. But again the same old fashioned propaganda of giving half truth... or I should rather say half lie. Nawaz Shareef's 100 Million Rs. Fund is working with full swing hun.......

PAINDO

Siasat.pk - Blogger
مجھے عمران اسلئے پسند ہے کیونکہ وہ پاکستان کا خیر خواہ ہے
وہ شخص جو اپنے تن من دھن کی بازی صرف اور صرف پاکستان کی فلاح کے لیے لگا رہا ہے اس کی مخالفت صرف دو قسم کے لوگ ہی کر سکتے ہیں نمبر ١ جسے پاکستان سے محبت نہیں یا وہ پاکستان کا دشمن ہو سکتا ہے نمبر ٢ وہ شخص جس نے کسی سیاسی پارٹی سے عہد وفاداری کو حق سے زیادہ اہمیت دے دی ہو

ہم ہیں مشتاق اور وہ ہیں بیزار
یا الہیٰ یہ ماجرا کیا ہے

mt_dilber

MPA (400+ posts)
immature thread.....what a pity.....thanks for sharing this 'jewel' of information and Get well soon. :)

frenes

Adnanzali, nhi ADNAN ZALIM LIKHO; Bhai tum ney aghaz hi DRONE sey kiya agy kiya kro gey, jo likha khud b aik bar phro

cefspan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Its all Hospital's property , not Imran Khan's personally . If he dies , Allah na krae , the hospital will continue under another chairman ,

U need to consult Pak law , its a limited organisation , not someone's property.

Killthecorrupts

Senator (1k+ posts)

Hahhahaha...Dude can u also do some research and Post such analysis about PML N and PPP..Please??

Does it really need any reserch. ? Even a child born knows about PMLN & PPP. PMLN tried to attack IK on moral grounds, but they could't succeed.

I have even deposited money in SKMH after this post

malikazhar

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

Iss ko to Allah hi poochhay ga jo aik achhay leader pe iss trah keecherr uchhal rha he.....lekin ab iss trah baat nhi bany gi janab...PML N aor PPP ko Imran ki trah kuchh kr ke dekhana hoga......jis trah us ny hospital aor phir university bnai he....
we love imran khan only for his deeds for the nation.

canadian

I am suprised of all persons you chose to malign Imran Khan who is honest to the core and above board ? Drink some cold water Buddy.Whose agenda you are trying to project here ?How about Altaf,Nawaz,Zardari,Chaudhry Brothers ???????????????