Historic ruling: SC orders ECP to prepare transparent voter lists

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)
SC orders ECP to prepare transparent voter lists

23105_12864780_SCL.jpg
SC orders ECP to prepare transparent voter lists
Dunya News anchor, Mubashir Luqman, had filed the petition challenging fake voter lists.

Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry on Thursday said that what would be the credibility of the elections which would be held on the basis of bogus voter lists.

Luqman had challenged the voter lists through Advocate Ali Zafar after it was revealed that over 37 million voters found in the electoral rolls of 2007 were bogus.

The court said that the preparation of transparent voter lists was the responsibility of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP). The ECP secretary said that those could not be called bogus votes. Justice Sair Ali said that if those could not be called “bogus”, call them “fake”. The court order the ECP to prepare transparent voter lists.

After the hearing, the counsel for the petitioner told the media, “If the ECP fails to prepare transparent lists in a month, he will file a contempt of court petition in the apex court.”

http://www.dunyanews.tv/index.php?key=Q2F0SUQ9MiNOaWQ9MjMxMDU=

moazzamniaz

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I will say it historic when it will be implemented. All the previous 'historic' rulings r decaying in the dust bin.

moazzamniaz

SC did its part............if government doesn't implement then its our (the people) responsibility to get it implemented.
I will beg to differ here. It is the duty of this court to get their verdicts be respected and implemented. I still remember that to how much length CJ went to get the approval of his nominated judges in HC and SC last year from prime minister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just_one

Banned
Aur ek aur maze ki baat ye hai ke N-league ke halkon mein bogus voton ki sharah nisbatan ziyada hai.

Aur N-league Zia-ul-Haq ki neechay vajood mein aai thi.

[hilar]mazay ki baat ye hay k ye voters list 2002 mein musharaf saheb k zamanay mein bani thi,jab Q league hakoomat mein aai thi[hilar]

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Judiciary will fight for their own rights and for its independence...........we the people of Pakistan has to fight for our rights. Implementation is the responsibility of the executive. Judiciary is the deciding authority and we should not make them a party to any conflict.

I will beg to differ here. It is the duty of this court to get their verdicts be respected and implemented. I still remember that to how much length CJ went to get the approval of his nominated judges in HC and SC last year from prime minister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moazzamniaz

Judiciary will fight for their own rights and for its independence...........we the people of Pakistan has to fight for our rights. Implementation is the responsibility of the executive. Judiciary is the deciding authority and we should not make them a party to any conflict.
Just one question......Is it their duty to get their orders be implemented, or not????? Simple yes or no wud save a lot of time!!!!

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)
No. They can pursue it but its not their DUTY............ I believe there is a vague provision in the constitution where they can ask Army to enforce their judgment (I guess former CJ Sajjad Ali Shah tried but then Army chief did not responded).

Just one question......Is it their duty to get their orders be implemented, or not????? Simple yes or no wud save a lot of time!!!!

moazzamniaz

No. They can pursue it but its not their DUTY............ I believe there is a vague provision in the constitution where they can ask Army to enforce their judgment (I guess former CJ Sajjad Ali Shah tried but then Army chief did not responded).

Nope. It is their duty. And, that provision is not vague. It is as explicit as it can be.

Article 190 - all executive and judicial authorities in Pakistan are bound to aid the Supreme Court.
It encompasses all organs of state. Therefore, constitutionally and ideally, it is their duty and for this purpose constitution puts all the state resources at their disposal.This article was included for this single purpose. They can overthrow state legislation, presidential powers etc. It is their duty and in their oath to uphold the constitution and law. And, for implementation of their orders, constitution provides and backs them with every essential power. Now, it is up to them that whether they use it or not.
“Article 190 of the Constitution is a mandatory provision under which there is no alternative for the executive but to act in aid of the Supreme Court. Persons identified as responsible for non-implementation of the judgment can be punished by the Supreme Court for contempt for disobedience of its judgment,” the Supreme Court ruled in its detailed judgment, which disallowed several review petitions filed against its July 31, 2009 judgment in the PCO judges case.

Last edited:

aneeskhan

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
its rubbish dustbin verdict,who will say voter list not to be transparent.What extra SC did here.

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)
I guess you have much more knowledge then me........ Am I right that Sajjad Ali Shah order was turned downed by the then Army cheif and then he had to resign?

Nope. It is their duty. And, that provision is not vague. It is as explicit as it can be.

It encompasses all organs of state. Therefore, constitutionally and ideally, it is their duty and for this purpose constitution puts all the state resources at their disposal.This article was included for this single purpose. They can overthrow state legislation, presidential powers etc. It is their duty and in their oath to uphold the constitution and law. And, for implementation of their orders, constitution provides and backs them with every essential power. Now, it is up to them that whether they use it or not.

moazzamniaz

I guess you have much more knowledge then me........ Am I right that Sajjad Ali Shah order was turned downed by the then Army cheif and then he had to resign?
That`s why i used the words "constitutionally and ideally". What u r talking, is all together a different topic ie How things work in Pakistan?.