Ertugrul was a Pagan

Rambler

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Its not logic its wishful thinking. You want him to be a Muslim. But history is not based on your personal biases its based on the best available historical evidence. We do not have detailed reports of Ertugruls life but based on other historical evidence historians say Osman became a Muslim and changed his name to Osman later in his life. His tribe was pagan which means Ertugrul was most probably a pagan.

Does not matter at all my dear - He is a hero whatever may be the case. I'm no history buff so will leave that to the historians. One thing is very clear - It's nothing to provide an excuse for you or the lowest of the low people who leave the truthful path to 'blow their armpits' as they say in Urdu.

Last edited:

taban

سعودیوں نے ہر طرح سے کوشش کر لی اب وڈیو والے بجو اور اس تھریڈ سٹارٹر کو میدان میں اتارا ہے تاکہ پاکستانی کسی طرح ترکی سے متنفر ہو جائیں اور واپس سعودی غلامی میں آ جائیں

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
I myself am perplexed at the over the top obsession Pakistanis have developed for this one semi fictional character. I guess we are a nation of extremes. There is no middle ground with us.

Like our cricket team for example. One day the whole nation will carry them on their heads and the very next day the same team, everybody will be spitting on them just because they had an off day.

Vitamin_C

Haha, I think its also a bit of Indian influence of wishful thinking. They cannot see what reality is and mix reality with what they want reality to be.

They have turned a fictional character into a fact. And they know for a fact that this fictional person was a Muslim who used to go hunting in the woods where he rescued a girl after killing 15 Templar knights and lost no men of his own despite being outnumbered. What is this nonsense.

It reminds me of the movie Gladiator, while things such as Gladiator Arena and Roman Empire did exist, everything around it especially the story of the main character is fiction.

Difference between Italians and Pakistani is that Italians understand Gladiator was fiction but Pakistanis live an a completely different world devoid of reality.

I myself am perplexed at the over the top obsession Pakistanis have developed for this one semi fictional character. I guess we are a nation of extremes. There is no middle ground with us.

Like our cricket team for example. One day the whole nation will carry them on their heads and the very next day the same team, everybody will be spitting on them just because they had an off day.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Haha, I think its also a bit of Indian influence of wishful thinking. They cannot see what reality is and mix reality with what they want reality to be.

They have turned a fictional character into a fact. And they know for a fact that this fictional person was a Muslim who used to go hunting in the woods where he rescued a girl after killing 15 Templar knights and lost no men of his own despite being outnumbered. What is this nonsense.

It reminds me of the movie Gladiator, while things such as Gladiator Arena and Roman Empire did exist, everything around it especially the story of the main character is fiction.

Difference between Italians and Pakistani is that Italians understand Gladiator was fiction but Pakistanis live an a completely different world devoid of reality.
I think you are on to something, watching so much bollywood has turned our brains also indian. An Indian once told me, in every Indians mind there is a bollywood movie playing of which he is the hero and goes through life as if its a bollywood movie.

The line between reality and fiction is very blurred for them and this is starting to creep here also

Vitamin_C

Hahaha yeh sab prapoganada hai, yeh angrezi gair muslim Cambridge university ka prapoganda hai

Jokes aside what basis she is using to claim Halima Khatun was wife of Ertrugrul? There is no mention of Osman's mother anywhere in history.

She mentions no historical document and tries to put all Turks under one banner which is not true. Some Turks were Muslims since 8th century and some Turks never accepted Islam until 13th and 14th century.

This is an example of wishful thinking, trying to bend history to where you want it to be rather than taking it at face value.

Amatuka

MPA (400+ posts)
I am amazed to see this loser who I believe left Islam and became atheist in presence of a miracle like Quran.
If what he is saying is true then what different it makes. Every one with good heart was influenced by Islam and Quran and at some point in time turned to Islam e.g. even some good hearted mongols became muslim.
No one can deny that Ertugrul's struggles lead to khilafa and paved the way for the spread of Islam, this is what gives respect to him.
This loser is a lost cause. His videos are to earn a few pennies. People like him can't make any difference and Allah will keep spreading Islam, like the way it is spreading in the west.

Mikkix

Minister (2k+ posts)
Ertughral was a pagan. If he was muslim then why empire was in the name of othman rather than fantasy ertughral. there is no history of this idiot.

Mikkix

Minister (2k+ posts)
Jis tarah se pakistan k chutiya logon ko history batayee jatee hai mujhay yaqeen hai kal ye bolenge lord mountbatten bhi muslim tha. Aur us ka nam mountbatten nahi balkay mohammad batin tha.

Aslan

Hahaha. Ertugrul has got onto the nerves of seculars. and to prove their points they have to refer to non muslims.

it is quite evident that Ertugrul is hurting them badly and hence doing good for muslims.
A lot of them are Indian Hindus masquerading as Pakistanis or Muslims.

Aslan

According to Historians, Osman was the first Muslim in that lineage.
Which historian?.The early history of Turkic people was not documented,it was passed on to future generations through oral traditions.Ertugrul was son of Suleyman Shah.This is according to Ottoman tradition.That is good enough for me.Ertugrul is a hero and watching this serial has give people a sense of pride.

Aslan

I think you are on to something, watching so much bollywood has turned our brains also indian. An Indian once told me, in every Indians mind there is a bollywood movie playing of which he is the hero and goes through life as if its a bollywood movie.

The line between reality and fiction is very blurred for them and this is starting to creep here also
Indians believe in Hinduism which is completely false.There were no Ram,Krishna,Hanuman yet you can't convicne Hindus because that is what they are taught to believe. etc.Ertugrul did exist.He was a real person.

taban

جاسوس بھائی انکے پاس کو ئی ثبوت نہیں ہے یہ لوگ پاگل کے بچے ہیں اور اپنی فضول بکواس سے ہم اہل ایمان کو اپنے بزرگوں سے بد زن کرنا چاہتے سعودیوں اور عیسائیوں کی خدمت کرنا چاہتے ہیں اللہ ان کو ان کے ارادوں میں ناکام کرے گا انشاءاللہ

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
مرزا کون سا بڑا صاحب علم تھا۔ جو علم تھا وہ بھی اللہ نے چھین لیا۔ فرشتوں کے نام بھی ٹیچی ٹیچی ہو گئے۔ ارطغرل سے کونسا ہم نے کاروبار کرنا ہے جو تم پریشان ہو رہے ہو؟