E- mail sent to Hamid Mir: on Zardari's speech

crankthskunk

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Mr. Mir

I am writing in response to your yesterday’s TV program on Geo.
You and your guests discussed the speech of Mr. Zardari (sorry I cannot bestow the title of President on him. Someday I may provide you detailed reasons), in which he accused Pakistani media. One of his complaints is why Pakistani media discuss power shortages. He said that the British media and Indian media do not discuss such issues.

Mr. Zardari is wrong on both counts. I am resisting the temptations of calling him a blatant liar.

First of all, I live in London, and I can categorically say, I have never experienced power shortages or a black out in my life.

The black outs only happen in the UK due to natural disasters, like heavy rain, snow falls or hurricanes, which could cause damage to infrastructure. The disruptions always restricted to smaller areas, which are linked to that particular network. The power is restore ASAP after necessary repairs done on emergency footings.

There are discussions that in future UK may face Electric shortages; planning is already underway to counter any shortages. But at the moment there are no black outs in the UK.

Now let me give you short cuts from Indian media, which clearly show Indian media does highlight, power shortages in India.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...trial-area-raj-singla-industrial-associations

http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/no-rain-no-power-loadshedding-woes-continue/481063/

http://www.dnaindia.com/bangalore/report_it-s-loadshedding-officially-in-bangalore_1351890

The news in Indian media spread from 2009 to as recent as this month and covers Bangalore in the south, Gujarat in the West and Delhi in the North.

I think Mr. Zardari should get his facts right.
Please read my e-mail or jest of it in your next program.

Regards
A Patriotic overseas Pakistani

PS. I have deep resentments on one of your programs, which was recorded just after 2nd May Abbotabad incident. Don’t worry I am not accusing you for being anti military but accusing you to be pro-military.
If you want I can write to you a detail analysis of your program and pinpoint factual errors it contained. There was another program by your fellow Presenter Mr. Sethi during the same period. His program was also riddled with factual errors. It makes me sad that experience journalists like you and Mr. Sethi are so callous and unprofessional in their work. I am afraid I am very disappointed and heartbroken from the standard displayed by Pakistani Journalists. It may shock you, but I am strongly of the opinion, Pakistan is completely deprived of quality journalists and Journalism. If you want I can write articles pinpointing the errors committed by best of Pakistani journalists.
I promise you, my criticism would be based on facts rather on difference of opinion. Pakistan and Pakistanis deserve better what Journalists offer in Pakistan.

You all should be mindful, the educated Pakistanis and overseas Pakistanis are getting increasingly frustrated from the unprofessional practices of not only the Journalists but also of the Political leaders.

Time is approaching, when Pakistan should be put on the right course, and unworthy people in every field are removed from their lucrative posts, which they do not deserve.

Last edited:

pakiace

Banned
Agreed i am with you on the yellow journalism we face in Pakistan but disagree on your military stance anyway opinions your own just a question: is this letter written foa hamid mir via this forum or you do have a direct email access to him if you do, mind sharing? as i too have a lot of respect to pay to sethi & hamid mir & asma jahangir

anyie1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I am here in UKfor the last so many years, only three times electricity went out that is only for .1 seconds,,,,, but load shadding is a different phenomenon.. our president does not know anything else except making money,,,,,,,,,,,,,, looter

Bombaybuz

Minister (2k+ posts)
Our anchors are hardly doing any home work... yeah but Zardari is liar by birth ... in bhai ko aaj pata chala kya ...

syediqbal

Minister (2k+ posts)
Zordari is liar by birth....when he was born, his own mother said "ye kia gazab ho gia" and now whole Pakistan is saying the same "ye kia......he is certified "Lotter" + "Killer" + "Taugh" + and all the similer words in the dictionary.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I am here in UKfor the last so many years, only three times electricity went out that is only for .1 seconds,,,,, but load shadding is a different phenomenon.. our president does not know anything else except making money,,,,,,,,,,,,,, looter

Zardari is just and idiot like Bush Jr. Bush said 'We will fight in Afghanistan from coast to coast'

There aint no coast in no Afghanistan

rana14801

Senator (1k+ posts)
Mr. Mir

I am writing in response to your yesterday’s TV program on Geo.
You and your guests discussed the speech of Mr. Zardari (sorry I cannot bestow the title of President on him. Someday I may provide you detailed reasons), in which he accused Pakistani media. One of his complaints is why Pakistani media discuss power shortages. He said that the British media and Indian media do not discuss such issues.

Mr. Zardari is wrong on both counts. I am resisting the temptations of calling him a blatant liar.

First of all, I live in London, and I can categorically say, I have never experienced power shortages or a black out in my life.

The black outs only happen in the UK due to natural disasters, like heavy rain, snow falls or hurricanes, which could cause damage to infrastructure. The disruptions always restricted to smaller areas, which are linked to that particular network. The power is restore ASAP after necessary repairs done on emergency footings.

There are discussions that in future UK may face Electric shortages; planning is already underway to counter any shortages. But at the moment there are no black outs in the UK.

Now let me give you short cuts from Indian media, which clearly show Indian media does highlight, power shortages in India.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...trial-area-raj-singla-industrial-associations

http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/no-rain-no-power-loadshedding-woes-continue/481063/

http://www.dnaindia.com/bangalore/report_it-s-loadshedding-officially-in-bangalore_1351890

The news in Indian media spread from 2009 to as recent as this month and covers Bangalore in the south, Gujarat in the West and Delhi in the North.

I think Mr. Zardari should get his facts right.
Please read my e-mail or jest of it in your next program.

Regards
A Patriotic overseas Pakistani

PS. I have deep resentments on one of your programs, which was recorded just after 2nd May Abbotabad incident. Don’t worry I am not accusing you for being anti military but accusing you to be pro-military.
If you want I can write to you a detail analysis of your program and pinpoint factual errors it contained. There was another program by your fellow Presenter Mr. Sethi during the same period. His program was also riddled with factual errors. It makes me sad that experience journalists like you and Mr. Sethi are so callous and unprofessional in their work. I am afraid I am very disappointed and heartbroken from the standard displayed by Pakistani Journalists. It may shock you, but I am strongly of the opinion, Pakistan is completely deprived of quality journalists and Journalism. If you want I can write articles pinpointing the errors committed by best of Pakistani journalists.
I promise you, my criticism would be based on facts rather on difference of opinion. Pakistan and Pakistanis deserve better what Journalists offer in Pakistan.

You all should be mindful, the educated Pakistanis and overseas Pakistanis are getting increasingly frustrated from the unprofessional practices of not only the Journalists but also of the Political leaders.

Time is approaching, when Pakistan should be put on the right course, and unworthy people in every field are removed from their lucrative posts, which they do not deserve.
brother just remember that US govt has sent about (IF I M NOT WRONG) 50 million us $ to our media?for what? just guess and try to understand the role and character of our media anchors.