Did Allah create man to test him?

Mughal1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Is there anything in the quran about it or is it a make beliefs? If it is a make belief, where did it come from, how or why and what effect it had or can have on people who believe so?

Please share your thoughts, thanks and all the best.

M javed

Banned
Quran say "w-la nablowanna kum be-shai im menal khofe ....................."

We test you by giving you:
(a) Some horror
(b) Some hunger
(c) shortening of your properties, your lives and your rewards
and there is good a news for those who exercise patience
those people on whom troubles befall and they say we are for Allah and we will return to him

I feel the addressees are not general public in Muslims.

However, Muslims as an entire ummah is not an exception to it.

Those who are more nearer have to suffer more severely and with rapid successions of one misery after the other.

Most of the time they are made subject to such calamities and heart-aching troubles just for nothing and without any reasons.

Allah says he has bought your lives and properties for paradise.

On these unjustifiable divine atrocities, most become astray

Last edited:

siddique

MPA (400+ posts)
Is there anything in the quran about it or is it a make beliefs? If it is a make belief, where did it come from, how or why and what effect it had or can have on people who believe so?

r u a sahee aqeeda(ahla e sunnah waljamaat) muslim, or r u qadaanee???
why are u asking general people??? just to mislead them!!!!!!
go and read quran its full of ayaat on this topic,
stop spreading the propaganda of qadaanees here,u morons (used s ,cause u and moazzamniaz are of one cult)

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)

هَلْ أَتَىٰ عَلَى الْإِنْسَانِ حِينٌ مِنَ الدَّهْرِ لَمْ يَكُنْ شَيْئًا مَذْكُورًا [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]{1**[/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][Pickthal 76:1] Hath there come upon man (ever) any period of time in which he was a thing unremembered?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][Yusufali 76:1] Has there not been over Man a long period of Time, when he was nothing - (not even) mentioned?[/SIZE]
إِنَّا خَلَقْنَا الْإِنْسَانَ مِنْ نُطْفَةٍ أَمْشَاجٍ نَبْتَلِيهِ فَجَعَلْنَاهُ سَمِيعًا بَصِيرًا [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]{2**[/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][Pickthal 76:2] Lo! We create man from a drop of thickened fluid to test him; so We make him hearing, knowing.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][Yusufali 76:2] Verily We created Man from a drop of mingled sperm, in order to try him: So We gave him (the gifts), of Hearing and Sight.[/SIZE]
إِنَّا هَدَيْنَاهُ السَّبِيلَ إِمَّا شَاكِرًا وَإِمَّا كَفُورًا [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]{3**[/FONT]

[SIZE=-1][Pickthal 76:3] Lo! We have shown him the way, whether he be grateful or disbelieving.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][Yusufali 76:3] We showed him the Way: whether he be grateful or ungrateful (rests on his will).[/SIZE]

Dear Brother Mughal1, Please check 100 percent words of your questions have been
in the verses like, "creation", "Man", "Test n trial", 100 percent arabic words are there.
with this the rest of your post like make beliefs etc etc etc become irrelevant. Thanks
and best of luck.

shamsheer

Senator (1k+ posts)
stop spreading the propaganda of qadaanees here,u morons (used s ,cause u and moazzamniaz are of one cult)

He is a Parveze. He is on this forum to spread ignorance and disinformation about Islam and to promote his myopic vision about Islam. Please be aware of him.

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
He is a Parveze. He is on this forum to spread ignorance and disinformation about Islam and to promote his myopic vision about Islam. Please be aware of him.

So what. He has a sovereign right granted to him by Allah to choose his way.
This is cowardliness to immediately accuse people. I have given him answer from
Quran, you people instead of jumping towards skies of accusations, just consolidate
your Quranic knowledge and confront the opponent with proof and logic and good
behaviour. I hope you understand it and bear in mind that I am a bitter opponent of
GA Pervez Quranic translation.

Mughal1

Dear siddique, rest assured people do not need anyone to mislead them because they are not on any path till they are able to find out things for themselves. You are forgetting that people are born babies and have to struggle through life to find out about anything and everything including what they believe and why. All this we need to do in the arena full of conflcits of interests. I shall be grateful that people participate to educate each other than starting fighting with them as to why they do that. It only exposes one's own insecurity or even insincerity when one tries to stop others from participting in things that one feels uncomfortable with in matter of learning and particulalry about things that one may not have been exposed to regardless old or new.

My brotherly advice is that you should not fear things rather get to know them because they are already out there so you give yourself a better chance of defending your point of view if it is at all defendable. If it is not then you should say good bye to it because it is only making you uncomefortable. You will be better readjusting your position to the one you find confortable.

In today's world it is not possible to remain isolated and unaffected by what is going on around the globe. It therefore better that we get to know it and see how we can tackle it. People are attacking islam from all sides and I assume you know that therefore better knowing islam than not knowing it because knowing things better about islam surely can help us not only in defending it but also gaining support for it from the very people whop attack it. It is because they do not know islam and most of us do not either. As a result we are accusing each other of ignorance but not at all bothered to help remove each other's ignorance. The enemy of wisdom is ignorance and enemy of a wise person is can only be such a person who is ignorant and remains ignorant making no effort to better inform himself.

Hope this helps remove the barriers to thought process. regards and all the best.

Mughal1

Dear shamsheer, I am not a parwezi but I like a lot of things he says about the quran because they make better sense than explanantion of sectarian religious experts. I like what makes sense to me and try to find out about what does not. If you read tafseer of sir seyyed you will agree with some things but not others. The case is same with almaama iqbal and even jinnah sb. I like what any molvi says that makes sense and leave things to Allah for proper judgement of people. It is a very wrong attitude to learning and knowledge if one starts deciding what one should or should not learn merely on basis of make beliefs. If you justify such attitude for yourself then other too will have the right not to hear what you have to say and by not talking to each other we cannot exchange ideas and the result is message of the quran cannot be then delivered effectively. So we have to take rough with the smooth because it all comes in the same package regardless we like it or not.

regards and all the best.

shamsheer

Senator (1k+ posts)
Dear shamsheer, I am not a parwezi but I like a lot of things he says about the quran because they make better sense than explanantion of sectarian religious experts. I like what makes sense to me and try to find out about what does not. If you read tafseer of sir seyyed you will agree with some things but not others. The case is same with almaama iqbal and even jinnah sb. I like what any molvi says that makes sense and leave things to Allah for proper judgement of people. It is a very wrong attitude to learning and knowledge if one starts deciding what one should or should not learn merely on basis of make beliefs. If you justify such attitude for yourself then other too will have the right not to hear what you have to say and by not talking to each other we cannot exchange ideas and the result is message of the quran cannot be then delivered effectively. So we have to take rough with the smooth because it all comes in the same package regardless we like it or not.

regards and all the best.

Dear Mughal! we have been there too. I and many others tried having a logical discussion with you on your beliefs but you pick and choose what you would like to answer. For anything you cannot answer you either totally avoid the question or provide lengthy illogical accounts that only serve your purpose of deluding the logic and completely abondoning a direct rationaly reply.

I asked you on this forum at least two times, do you believe that Prophet Muhammad PBUH and his companions are not wiser than Sir Syed Ahmad Khan or GA Pervez? You never answered that question. There are many authentic ahadeeth that refute your claims on in-existance of super natural beings or meta physical activities related to human consious. Even direct translation of Quranic Arabic completley refute your claim.

The other question that I have asked is do you claim that GA Pervez knows arabic more than the native arabic speaker who have spend years to learn Archaic Arabic including one of them is Imam Malik. I have never recieved a straight forward answer to any question.

The ground priciple for translating any text is to use the tranlation modus existing at the time of text being written and understanding of the language of the people at that time. If you talk about principles and logic than the mere basis of your interpretation is whimsical and serve no purpose to the deen.

shamsheer

Senator (1k+ posts)
So what. He has a sovereign right granted to him by Allah to choose his way.
This is cowardliness to immediately accuse people. I have given him answer from
Quran, you people instead of jumping towards skies of accusations, just consolidate
your Quranic knowledge and confront the opponent with proof and logic and good
behaviour. I hope you understand it and bear in mind that I am a bitter opponent of
GA Pervez Quranic translation.

Brother babadeena, a very positive attitude indeed. I would like to see you discusing these matters logically with Mughal and I will just watch how things proceed. Good luch with that.

I have no problem in having a logical discusion but most of the people in this world do not have time to go through a complete discussion. Since his harmful ideology is not out in open, it is very possible that people who are not aware of this fitan will get attracted by the ideas and may loose their way. strong words of condemnation serve the prupose of caution and make sure that who ever encounters such make-shift beliefs should have at the back of their mind that there are people who disapprove or rather abhor such ideas strongly. Absence of such disapprovals can be deadly. I have logical discussion and seen logical discussions thread after thread going no where in the past with him and I will be more than happy now to keep quite and see how you play your role of logic, positive attitude and exchange of healthy ideas.

May Allah be with you and give you success in helping Mughal pick the right path and forfeit the desires of nafs.

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
لَتُبْلَوُنَّ فِىٓ أَمْوَٰلِكُمْ وَأَنفُسِكُمْ وَلَتَسْمَعُنَّ مِنَ ٱلَّذِينَ أُوتُوا۟ ٱلْكِتَٰبَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ وَمِنَ ٱلَّذِينَ أَشْرَكُوٓا۟ أَذًۭى كَثِيرًۭا ۚ وَإِن تَصْبِرُوا۟ وَتَتَّقُوا۟ فَإِنَّ ذَٰلِكَ مِنْ عَزْمِ ٱلْأُمُورِ {3:186**
O Ye shall surely be proven in your riches and in your lives; and will surely bear much hurt from those who were vouchsafed the Book before you and from those who associate gods, and if ye endure and fear, then verily that is of the commandments determined.
(اے اہل ایمان) تمہارے مال و جان میں تمہاری آزمائش کی جائے گی۔ اور تم اہل کتاب سے اور ان لوگوں سے جو مشرک ہیں بہت سی ایذا کی باتیں سنو گے۔ اور تو اگر صبر اور پرہیزگاری کرتے رہو گے تو یہ بڑی ہمت کے کام ہیں

وَهُوَ ٱلَّذِى جَعَلَكُمْ خَلَٰٓئِفَ ٱلْأَرْضِ وَرَفَعَ بَعْضَكُمْ فَوْقَ بَعْضٍۢ دَرَجَٰتٍۢ لِّيَبْلُوَكُمْ فِى مَآ ءَاتَىٰكُمْ ۗ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ سَرِيعُ ٱلْعِقَابِ وَإِنَّهُۥ لَغَفُورٌۭ رَّحِيمٌۢ {6:165**
And He it is Who hath made you successors in the earth, and hath raised some of you over others in degrees, that he might prove you by that which He hath vouchsafed unto you. Verily thy Lord is swift in chastising, and verily He is Forgiving, Merciful.
اور وہی تو ہے جس نے زمین میں تم کو اپنا نائب بنایا اور ایک کے دوسرے پر درجے بلند کئے تاکہ جو کچھ اس نے تمہیں بخشا ہے اس میں تمہاری آزمائش ہے بےشک تمہارا پروردگار جلد عذاب دینے والا ہے اور بےشک وہ بخشنے والا مہربان بھی ہے

وَهُوَ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَ ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَٱلْأَرْضَ فِى سِتَّةِ أَيَّامٍۢ وَكَانَ عَرْشُهُۥ عَلَى ٱلْمَآءِ لِيَبْلُوَكُمْ أَيُّكُمْ أَحْسَنُ عَمَلًۭا ۗ وَلَئِن قُلْتَ إِنَّكُم مَّبْعُوثُونَ مِنۢ بَعْدِ ٱلْمَوْتِ لَيَقُولَنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوٓا۟ إِنْ هَٰذَآ إِلَّا سِحْرٌۭ مُّبِينٌۭ {11:7**
And He it is who hath created the heavens and the earth in six days -and His throne was upon the water--that he might prove you, as to which of you is excellent in work. And if thou sayest: ye shall verily be raised after death, surely those who disbelieve will say: naught is this but sorcery manifest.
اور وہی تو ہے جس نے آسمانوں اور زمین کو چھ دن میں بنایا اور (اس وقت) اس کا عرش پانی پر تھا۔ (تمہارے پیدا کرنے سے) مقصود یہ ہے کہ وہ تم کو آزمائے کہ تم میں عمل کے لحاظ سے کون بہتر ہے اور اگر تم کہو کہ تم لوگ مرنے کے بعد (زندہ کرکے) اٹھائے جاؤ گے تو کافر کہہ دیں گے کہ یہ تو کھلا جادو ہے

وَلَا تَكُونُوا۟ كَٱلَّتِى نَقَضَتْ غَزْلَهَا مِنۢ بَعْدِ قُوَّةٍ أَنكَٰثًۭا تَتَّخِذُونَ أَيْمَٰنَكُمْ دَخَلًۢا بَيْنَكُمْ أَن تَكُونَ أُمَّةٌ هِىَ أَرْبَىٰ مِنْ أُمَّةٍ ۚ إِنَّمَا يَبْلُوكُمُ ٱللَّهُ بِهِۦ ۚ وَلَيُبَيِّنَنَّ لَكُمْ يَوْمَ ٱلْقِيَٰمَةِ مَا كُنتُمْ فِيهِ تَخْتَلِفُونَ {16:92**
And be not like unto her who unravelleth her yarn into strands after its strength, holding your oaths a means of discord amongst you that a community may be more numerous than anot her community; Allah only proveth you there by; and He will surely manifest unto you on the Judgment Day that wherein ye have been differing.
اور اُس عورت کی طرح نہ ہونا جس نے محنت سے تو سوت کاتا۔ پھر اس کو توڑ کر ٹکڑے ٹکڑے کر ڈالا۔ کہ تم اپنی قسموں کو آپس میں اس بات کا ذریعہ بنانے لگو کہ ایک گروہ دوسرے گروہ سے زیادہ غالب رہے۔ بات یہ ہے کہ خدا تمہیں اس سے آزماتا ہے۔ اور جن باتوں میں تم اختلاف کرتے ہو قیامت کو اس کی حقیقت تم پر ظاہر کر دے گا

إِنَّا جَعَلْنَا مَا عَلَى ٱلْأَرْضِ زِينَةًۭ لَّهَا لِنَبْلُوَهُمْ أَيُّهُمْ أَحْسَنُ عَمَلًۭا {18:7**
Verily We have made whatsoever is on the earth as an adornment thereof, that We may prove them - which of them is best in work.
جو چیز زمین پر ہے ہم نے اس کو زمین کے لئے آرائش بنایا ہے تاکہ لوگوں کی آزمائش کریں کہ ان میں کون اچھے عمل کرنے والا ہے

كُلُّ نَفْسٍۢ ذَآئِقَةُ ٱلْمَوْتِ ۗ وَنَبْلُوكُم بِٱلشَّرِّ وَٱلْخَيْرِ فِتْنَةًۭ ۖ وَإِلَيْنَا تُرْجَعُونَ {21:35**
Every soul is going to taste of death, and We shall prove you with evil and good as a temptation; and unto Us ye shall be returned.
ہر متنفس کو موت کا مزا چکھنا ہے۔ اور ہم تو لوگوں کو سختی اور آسودگی میں آزمائش کے طور پر مبتلا کرتے ہیں۔ اور تم ہماری طرف ہی لوٹ کر آؤ گے

وَلَنَبْلُوَنَّكُمْ حَتَّىٰ نَعْلَمَ ٱلْمُجَٰهِدِينَ مِنكُمْ وَٱلصَّٰبِرِينَ وَنَبْلُوَا۟ أَخْبَارَكُمْ {47:31**
And of a surety We shall prove you all until We know the strivers among you and the steadfast, and We shall prove your states.
اور ہم تو لوگوں کو آزمائیں گے تاکہ جو تم میں لڑائی کرنے والے اور ثابت قدم رہنے والے ہیں ان کو معلوم کریں۔ اور تمہارے حالات جانچ لیں

إِنَّا خَلَقْنَا ٱلْإِنسَٰنَ مِن نُّطْفَةٍ أَمْشَاجٍۢ نَّبْتَلِيهِ فَجَعَلْنَٰهُ سَمِيعًۢا بَصِيرًا {76:2**
Verily We! We created man from a sperm of mixtures, that We might prove him, wherefore We made him hearing, seeing.
ہم نے انسان کو نطفہٴ مخلوط سے پیدا کیا تاکہ اسے آزمائیں تو ہم نے اس کو سنتا دیکھتا بنایا

فَأَمَّا ٱلْإِنسَٰنُ إِذَا مَا ٱبْتَلَىٰهُ رَبُّهُۥ فَأَكْرَمَهُۥ وَنَعَّمَهُۥ فَيَقُولُ رَبِّىٓ أَكْرَمَنِ {89:15**
As for man - when his Lord proveth him and so honoureth him and is bounteous Unto him, then he saith: 'my Lord hath honoured me,
مگر انسان (عجیب مخلوق ہے کہ) جب اس کا پروردگار اس کو آزماتا ہے تو اسے عزت دیتا اور نعمت بخشتا ہے۔ تو کہتا ہے کہ (آہا) میرے پروردگار نے مجھے عزت بخشی

Mughal1

Dear friends, thank you all for responding. The point I wanted to make was about word BALAA which is from root BAA, LAAM and WOW. It has several meanings eg prove, make evident, demonstrate, calamity, trial, test, experiment, task, struggle, effort etc.

Allah did not create mankind to test them like a teacher sets pupils exam but that he decided to create people and set them a task to struggle through the best they can and see for themselves as to how they are getting on. Allah made clear to mankind how universe functions and how people should feel their way through to stay safe and well. He made clear to mankind harms they face from natural world as well as from each other. So it is up to people to learn and do good for themselves or remain ignorant and suffer the consequences. In either case pain and suffering is not from Allah as punishment but as consequences of our own actions.

If I need to go from one place to another and learn not the information I need and just set out on journey unprepared then I should be ready for any ill that come my way as a consequence. If I did not take a map with me then if I get lost on the way, that will be consequence of what I did or what I did not do.

So whatever we do or not do either benefits us or causes us problems. Allah is kind and merciful and does not go out of his way to make us suffer. Even in verses about jannatand and dozakh, people will only get what they deserve in case of suffering but more than what they deserve in bliss.

regards and all the best

Last edited:

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
Dear Brother Mughal1,
Dear friends, thank you all for responding. The point I wanted to make was about word BALAA which is from root BAA, LAAM and WOW. It has several meanings eg prove, make evident, demonstrate, calamity, trial, test, experiment, task, struggle, effort etc.
This seems to be your "second thought". I say so, because the first post which you made conveys
completely different thing. It was a sort of challenge, question and a sort of feeler thrown to confuse the
reader(s) that If there is any thing in Quran or self-made belief. For me it was a trap for an ordinary
person. Look what you wrote in your first post:
If the purpose was just to define an arabic word "Balaoo", the construction of the post should have
been entirely different. Therefore one should take it as confusion, challenge, or twisting the idea. u r
the better judge.
In either case pain and suffering is not from Allah as punishment
but as consequences of our own actions.
You are totally wrong again. Allah does try the people with "Khair" and
also with "Shar" as a trial and does punish them in this worldly life
if their actions are not in line with His Orders: In support I gave you the following
verse which is very clear:
كُلُّ نَفْسٍ ذَائِقَةُ الْمَوْتِ ۗ وَنَبْلُوكُمْ بِالشَّرِّ وَالْخَيْرِ فِتْنَةً ۖ وَإِلَيْنَا تُرْجَعُونَ [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]{35**[/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][Pickthal 21:35] Every soul must taste of death, and We try you with evil and with good, for ordeal. And unto Us ye will be returned.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][Yusufali 21:35] Every soul shall have a taste of death: and We test you by evil and by good by way of trial. to Us must ye return.[/SIZE]
Dear Brother, your ideas are governed by the "Predetermined concept" in your mind. Until and
unless you approach Quran from a neutral position, your thoughts will remain scattered and
will always you feel a vacuum!
Thanks