Breaking News: Governor State Bank resigned

crankthskunk

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Governor State Bank Shahid Kardar resigned from his position, ARY reporting.

This is the third Governor who has resigned from his position because of failed PPP economic policies.

They are pressurising State Bank for more and more money printing and loans to run the affairs of the Government. They are failing to levy and collect the taxes to finance the budget.

I had two threads on the Economic in rest past. As I said, this Finance Minister is an agent of America and he should be removed immediately with people like Haqqani and Rehman Malik.

Pakistanis should know, these traitors are working for America and not for Pakistani nation.

pak4rule

Senator (1k+ posts)
very correct analysis.
the big question is who will remove them. Army as you know doing nothing, other political parties are messed up, just fighting with each other and playing with emotion of people , making their life hell.

I wish what you suggest , happen ASAP.

bravo

Banned

This is the third Governor who has resigned from his position because of failed PPP economic policies.

They are pressurising State Bank for more and more money printing and loans to run the affairs of the Government. They are failing to levy and collect the taxes to finance the budget.

I had two threads on the Economic in rest past. As I said, this Finance Minister is an agent of America and he should be removed immediately with people like Haqqani and Rehman Malik.

Pakistanis should know, these traitors are working for America and not for Pakistani nation.

how many of you are ready to pay more taxes?/
dont blame govt for it !!

Even rich singers like rahet fateh ali khan was tax defaulter of millions !!Pakistani citizens are all responsible for tax evasion,especially middle businessmen who pay no tax and make millions!!

canadian

Even rich singers like rahet fateh ali khan was tax defaulter of millions !!Pakistani citizens are all responsible for tax evasion,especially middle businessmen who pay no tax and make millions!!

It's a double edged sword.They dont pay taxes with full collobration of tax collectors and believe me even if they try their best to be honest they will never survive.I was myself a businessman in Pakistan for a number of years and I have personal experience of that.

bravo

Banned
It's a double edged sword.They dont pay taxes with full collobration of tax collectors and believe me even if they try their best to be honest they will never survive.I was myself a businessman in Pakistan for a number of years and I have personal experience of that.

solution lies with people!!
Do hunger strike and ask your govt to formulate lok pal bill kinds of solution which can curb/control corruption in bureaucracy,govt,judiciary and keep a vigil on middle men!!

i can tell you :corruption by govt servants,middle men businessmen surpass corruption of politicians!!r

Everyone is corrupt in our society!!so first law should be to bring all public,govt,legislators under ambit of lok pa(Ombudsman)l!!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ombudsman

GeoG

It does not matter if we are ready to pay or not
If Govt is seen to be taxing right people and spending rather than pocketing it, even current rate of tax is enough to meet our expenses. It is the spillage of 1 trillion every year which needs to be taken care of not new taxes but they will put a stop to the spillage becasue that where politicians and bureaucrats make their money.

Wadaich

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

Agreed! But do U think that Shahid was not World Bank/IMF representative/asset like other ones of it predecessors (Shoukat Aziz, Tareen)? And what is the guarantee that the next in line shall not be chip of the same block a fresh stooge and asset of the same international bankers?

I think the cause told by U for Mr. Shahid's resignation might not be the only one. Shahid's Masters might have milked him to dryness. And now they need a new face for further destruction of the economy.

Last edited:

saeed khan

We do not need to pay more taxes but we have to control corruption and tax thieves and control government expenditures. Only by doing we will collect enough tax.

canadian

It does not matter if we are ready to pay or not
If Govt is seen to be taxing right people and spending rather than pocketing it, even current rate of tax is enough to meet our expenses. It is the spillage of 1 trillion every year which needs to be taken care of not new taxes but they will put a stop to the spillage becasue that where politicians and bureaucrats make their money.

I am sure the amout of theft and waste would at least be three times that of our annual budget.

Shocking facts about Pakistani income taxpayers

Posted by Hamza Malik

Sad but true. The rich get richer, the poor poorer. And
ironically, the poor get to pay the most.Shocking revelations keep occurring in the Pakistani press. For example today it has been revealed that out of a population of almost 17 – 18 crore (170 – 180 million) people in Pakistan, only 17 lakhs (1.7 million) are registered income tax payers. Surprising?

But it goes deeper than this. According to the report published in the daily Dawn today, it has been alleged by the FBR (Federal Board of Revenue) that 16 lakhs (1.6 million) of the registered 17 lakhs (1.7 million) people pay only Rs 21000 as annual income tax. Why do they pay so less you may ask? Well that would be because they earn less than Rs 500,000 a year. Now let’s put all of this into context shall we?

Fact 1:
Pakistan’s total population – 170 million to 180 million (approx.)

Fact 2:
Pakistan’s registered income tax payers – 1.7 million

Fact 3:
Pakistan’s income tax payers paying Rs 21000 as annual income tax – 1.6 million

Fact 4:
The highest amount of income tax paid last year (2010) was Rs 50 lakhs (5 million)

In light of these facts, we can make some startling conclusions. To begin with, are only 1.7 million people out of 180 million earning any income in Pakistan? Seriously? Next, why is it that just 0.1 million or 1 lakh people in Pakistan earn more than Rs 500,000 in a year? That is just...mind numbing.

The Rs 50 lakhs, that the highest income earners paid is less than what it costs to buy a Land Cruiser. In fact, it is 1 crore less and there are only 526 people who declared that their tax amounts up to Rs 50 lakhs and who actually paid that amount. Astonishing isn’t it?

What am I supposed to say in front of these facts and figures? Words simply fail to register the magnitude of the disastrous state of our economy. Do I blame Zardari and Nawaz Sharif? Do I blame the government or the army? Or do I blame myself and the Pakistani population for being so selfish and self centred?

The 1.6 million people out of the 1.7 million who pay taxes contributed only Rs 87.662 billion to the national exchequer. These 1.6 million people belong to the lowest bracket of income tax payers. On the other hand, the top bracket of the income tax payers contributed Rs 286.023 billion to the national exchequer. Ironically, the collection of income tax from only the top 1706 taxpayers resulted in such a huge amount of money.

It is no wonder that the world governments, financial institutions, NGOs and what not keep repeating the mantra of Pakistan needs to help itself. The irony is that the Pakistani people don’t want to help themselves; apparently they can help themselves quite easily, and then lead a very good life too but somehow paying taxes has never been the strong point of the Pakistani culture.

These stats and figures paint such a dreary picture of our state of affairs that it has left me shell shocked and unable to fully comprehend the magnitude of the damage that we as a nation have been inflicting on ourselves. Where will we go from here? What will we do next? Has our collective conscience truly deserted us or is this simply a phase?

Sadly, we don’t have any answers to any of the questions that anyone might have. We’re just products of denial. And we’re damn good at it.(http://www.thetrueperspective.com/2011/03/shocking-facts-about-pakistani-income.html)

crankthskunk

Agreed! But do U think that Shahid was not World Bank/IMF representative/asset like other ones of it predecessors (Shoukat Aziz, Tareen)? And what is the guarantee that the next in line shall not be chip of the same block a fresh stooge and asset of the same international bankers?

I think the cause told by U for Mr. Shahid's resignation might not be the only one. Shahid's Masters might have milked him to dryness. And now they need a new face for further destruction of the economy.

Bro, he may have been, I don't know him that much. But even if he was he only lasted for around a year and now gone. But what about the other traitors? They are still working, and we need to get rid of them ASAP. The things are getting dicey, as I said repeatedly, Pakistan is such unfortunate country it is full of traitors, who work for other's instructions.

Wadaich

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Bro, he may have been, I don't know him that much. But even if he was he only lasted for around a year and now gone. But what about the other traitors? They are still working, and we need to get rid of them ASAP. The things are getting dicey, as I said repeatedly, Pakistan is such unfortunate country it is full of traitors, who work for other's instructions.

The current sorry state of the affairs of Pakistan has one good sign that all the traitors in every field of life have been exposed. Now all these rotten eggs can be put in the basket and crushed. Only what it takes is a sincere leader. Which is nowhere even in the offing. But remember such situations give birth to leaders. So I am an incorrigible optimist.

crankthskunk

Brother Canadian,

The figures presented in the article are shocking, but are you really shocked?

I am not, for example almost every one I know in Karachi earns well over Rs42, 000 a month to pass the Rs500, 000 annual income.

Then look at the amount of shops and businesses, do you seriously think they can survive if they are making less than Rs42, 000 a month?

This is a joke, and this joke had been ongoing with the help of our Revenue department. There is no secret the best jobs which you can not get even if you want to spent millions in bribes are Tax collectors, Custom Officers, Police Officers etc. They roll in money, because of corruption and bribes.

I am not going to mention names, but I know a hockey hero he had been Olympic winning captain, with massive name in Pakistan. I knew his brother in Law personally for years, he is unfortunately dead now. Anyway, this hero, during his playing days, was living in Ancholi FB Area in a 120 square yards house, exactly like the hero of Karachi, Altaf Hussain.

Now he lives in Defence in a huge house with a swimming pool, on the basis of his job in custom.

On the other side of the spectrum, look at peoples attitude in this light, why would they pay taxes, when they see, people like Zardari and NS and other looters becoming $billionaire without contributing much to the tax collection. How did that happened?

I think Imran is right; first you have to make the whole system responsible and answerable to the people with transparency in the collection of taxes and spending in the budget, while all the thieves gone from the politics in Pakistan.

Pakistan could be a rich country, but without system and without responsibilities taken by the politicians it is impossible.

At the moment it is thieves leading the thieves, you do not expect betterment from this situation do you?

Bombaybuz

Minister (2k+ posts)

Do you think people in the west are ready to pay taxes ?? its the govt who collects with and iron hand and judges everybody equal.... here people in middle class like me pay tax only and then we pay indirect tax on very single commodity ... i have a house of 120 yards for that i have to pay tax and a land lord having 500 acres of land paying nothing then still if im blamed then its a very poor judgement... Rahat fateh will pay tax only when he say that NS and asif zardari is also paying ...

canadian

The way this Govt is conducting it`s financial affairs no body with financial background will be able to do that.The best option under these circumstances would be Sharmila Forooki........she can conquer mountains by her charm....lol [hilar]