Abbotabad Operation: Why is this incident so important?

These days on every channel and every program people are discussing Abbotabad operation. We hear so-called opposition parties raising fingers on Army, ISI, government and saying that this operation was a violation of Pakistan's sovereignty and they ask for a commission to find the people responsible for this.

But what about drone attacks?
How are drone attacks any different from this operation?

In Abbotabad, Americans came on Pakistani soil and did a surgical operation to get their target, in tribal areas Americans send a remote-controlled aircraft to bomb civilians and extremists alike, without evidence or trial.
While Abbotabad operation was a unique incident, drone attacks number in hundreds. Statistics from Wikipedia:

Year Number of Drone Strikes Number Killed (Min) Number Killed (Max)
2004 1 4 5
2005 2 6 7
2006 2 23 23
2007 4 56 77
2008 33 273 313
2009 53 368 724
2010 118 607 993
2011 25 133 197
Total 238 1,470 2,339

There is so much fuss about one operation, but what practical steps have these so-called opposition parties taken against the hundreds of drone attacks that are a complete violation of Pakistan's sovereignty and are increasing extremism in Pakistan?
Have they asked the government about who authorizes them and why they are allowed?
Have they protested against them?
Have they asked Supreme Court to take action on this issue?

I am talking about the so-called opposition party PMLN, which has not done anything about the hundreds of drone attacks but on this one issue it has tried to fool the public and show how much it cares for Pakistan's sovereignty.

onlykami

Nice positive thoughts really appreciated and people of Pakistan lets gather against these puppets (Politicians + Beurocrates + Army + Agencies + etc ) on our soil ............ and tell the world that the lion is awaken

crowbar

I am looking for a DHARNA call from Imran khan in front of GHQ who are silent on the worst ever american brutal violation of our borders ,leaving us a thoroughly humiliated and disgraced nation. I think his DHARNA'S are :-
NO VOTE WHERE .... NO DHERNA THERE .

I am looking for a DHARNA call from Imran khan in front of GHQ who are silent on the worst ever american brutal violation of our borders ,leaving us a thoroughly humiliated and disgraced nation. I think his DHARNA'S are :-
Dont worry, if drone attacks continue after next dharna then Imran Khan has already said that we will move to Islamabad after that.

But it wont be in front of GHQ because:
Its not GHQ that is making new records of corruption, its not GHQ that gave visas to thousands of American spies without clearance, its not GHQ that allowed drone attacks, its not GHQ that goes around the world to beg for money, its not GHQ that keeps its money in Swiss bank accounts, its not GHQ that rejects all orders from Supreme Court, its not GHQ that sold out Balochistan mines and its not GHQ that has put us in all the problems we are currently facing.

noman3000

GHQ se phat ti jo hai aur wese bhi GHQ is supporting him, then y he'll give his so called dharna (topi drama) against &/or at GHQ?

Atleast you should think before posting here, Altaf ki to har cheez pe phat'ti hai is liay 20 saal se Pakistan nahi aa saka. Bechara apaahij ban ke London baitha hai aur workers ki charity pe zinda hai, khud to aik taka halal ka nahi kama sakta.

United4Pak

agar subh ka bhoola shaam ghar wapis aa jaye tu usay bhoola nahin kehtay. I feel PML-N had double standards in the past but what they are asking now is right. An independent commission which is headed by Chief Justice is need of the day.

Come on man how you asking something like that from Imran. Do he want to stop the funding and ISI support. No .. so he will never do that. Even though he know everything in pakistan is being run by the generals

Haha your real face is infront of every one. Armies puppet.. Grow up and dont fool. Guys he comes online every night for 8 hours straight to keep these $hit postings. Now you tell me is he not being paid for all this crap. CHeck his previous posts and you will know what i meant.
1-About his sick thoughts the first thing is its obvious that Imrans so called internet army has started protecting the Generals cause they are there new masters.
2- Every single person in pakistan knows where the policies are made and its GHQ. Who you are bluffing beeta.. DOnt bluff.
3- Balochistan has been a living hell for balouch for so many years now. Every day there are so many peoples who the agencies take into there custody and they are dead after few days. Its a mess. And balochistan is at a brink. THe only solution if there ever will be through the politicians and not the military.
4- And its your favourite army and its generals who allowed the drones in pakistan. Like few days back the GOC of army said the militants are being killed by drones.
5- Do what ever it takes to support your puppet masters but pakistanis are well aware of the $hit the army did this time and no one will leave them.
Have the guts to speak the truth. if you are getting 18000 or 20000 pay that doess not mean you should sell your prestige.
Dont worry, if drone attacks continue after next dharna then Imran Khan has already said that we will move to Islamabad after that.

Its not GHQ that is making new records of corruption, its not GHQ that gave visas to thousands of American spies without clearance, its not GHQ that allowed drone attacks, its not GHQ that goes around the world to beg for money, its not GHQ that keeps its money in Swiss bank accounts, its not GHQ that rejects all orders from Supreme Court, its not GHQ that sold out Balochistan mines and its not GHQ that has put us in all the problems we are currently facing.

Mat jalao bechara ki. Abhi thori dair main ghq ki support band kardaiga. Generals ka pithoo .. Paisa humara and hum pa hi hakoomat. To heck with them

Thats all you could come up with when you dont have the answers. Beta grow up and go get some notes from your seniors. No one in pakistan will accept the sick generals pithoos. No more sick thoughts allowed
Atleast you should think before posting here, Altaf ki to har cheez pe phat'ti hai is liay 20 saal se Pakistan nahi aa saka. Bechara apaahij ban ke London baitha hai aur workers ki charity pe zinda hai, khud to aik taka halal ka nahi kama sakta.

johny

Ok you are taking a very weak stand here. you have to sell you case stronger than this. I understand you aalways present Ik Policies blindly.
Ok just have a second look at your statistics. can you see any trend. the better time to stop the drone attack was in 2004 no one gave dherna at that time. there was no strong opposition from any one including so called oppostion or GHQ backed army cheif or IK (the real opposition) who also greeted Musharaf's role as president. So, after more than a thousand Drone attacks the real opposition the IK gave first dherna. good job. woooho.
Now the americans have done a surgical opperation near our capital. It is the second step.... wake up guy. IK is quite or dont understand actullay riet now but hopefully we will get a dherna when they will attack more frequentlly.
I know you cant support anything from the so called opposition like from NS. oh yes but you can support if the real opposition like MQM say something just after talks with ur...........riet MQM and IK makes the real opposition....... dont they....
These days on every channel and every program people are discussing Abbotabad operation. We hear so-called opposition parties raising fingers on Army, ISI, government and saying that this operation was a violation of Pakistan's sovereignty and they ask for a commission to find the people responsible for this.

But what about drone attacks?
How are drone attacks any different from this operation?

In Abbotabad, Americans came on Pakistani soil and did a surgical operation to get their target, in tribal areas Americans send a remote-controlled aircraft to bomb civilians and extremists alike, without evidence or trial.
While Abbotabad operation was a unique incident, drone attacks number in hundreds. Statistics from Wikipedia:

Year Number of Drone Strikes Number Killed (Min) Number Killed (Max)
2004 1 4 5
2005 2 6 7
2006 2 23 23
2007 4 56 77
2008 33 273 313
2009 53 368 724
2010 118 607 993
2011 25 133 197
Total 238 1,470 2,339

There is so much fuss about one operation, but what practical steps have these so-called opposition parties taken against the hundreds of drone attacks that are a complete violation of Pakistan's sovereignty and are increasing extremism in Pakistan?
Have they asked the government about who authorizes them and why they are allowed?
Have they protested against them?
Have they asked Supreme Court to take action on this issue?

I am talking about the so-called opposition party PMLN, which has not done anything about the hundreds of drone attacks but on this one issue it has tried to fool the public and show how much it cares for Pakistan's sovereignty.

johny

yep GHQ dont make new records of corruption becoz there corruption is not recorded. even if ever there is a single public repport that cant be published. yep GHQ dont give visas to americans they give there bases for drone attacks and other intellgence. yep in fact your favourite GHQ allowed drone attacks just look at your statistics (2004, there was any army cheif who took decisions in GHQ. Yep GHQ dont beg for money they can sale our people to americans they dont need to beg they can take up 80% of the countries GDP. yep its not GHQ that rejects all the orders of supremme court because they can send supreeme court to the prison and get decisions from there puppetes. yep GHQ did not sell balochistan they can kill them or keep them to unkonwn locations who knows may be sold to americans. yep the GHQ is innocent they are not responsibble for our problem we are facing riet now.

noman3000

I'm against whoever uses army agency support in politics.

agar subh ka bhoola shaam ghar wapis aa jaye tu usay bhoola nahin kehtay. I feel PML-N had double standards in the past but what they are asking now is right. An independent commission which is headed by Chief Justice is need of the day.
So what about drone attacks that are going on every day? What about corruption that is eating away Pakistan? When will PMLN wake up on those issues?
They will certainly not wake up on corruption because they are part of it.

Ok you are taking a very weak stand here. you have to sell you case stronger than this. I understand you aalways present Ik Policies blindly.
Ok just have a second look at your statistics. can you see any trend. the better time to stop the drone attack was in 2004 no one gave dherna at that time. there was no strong opposition from any one including so called oppostion or GHQ backed army cheif or IK (the real opposition) who also greeted Musharaf's role as president. So, after more than a thousand Drone attacks the real opposition the IK gave first dherna. good job. woooho.
Now the americans have done a surgical opperation near our capital. It is the second step.... wake up guy. IK is quite or dont understand actullay riet now but hopefully we will get a dherna when they will attack more frequentlly.
I know you cant support anything from the so called opposition like from NS. oh yes but you can support if the real opposition like MQM say something just after talks with ur...........riet MQM and IK makes the real opposition....... dont they....
Dharna isnt the only means of protest, Imran Khan was against military operations and drone attacks since 2004. See Capital Talk program where Hamid Meer showed all previous stances of Imran Khan. Where was your King Nawaz Sharif? What has he done until now about drone attacks? Atleast Imran Khan has the guts to tell Americans on their faces that their policies are failed and he has the courage to block their supplies. If your King had any courage, he could easily block NATO supplies in Punjab where he has full government machinery, but PMLN has done nothing but giving hollow speeches against drone attacks. Tell me one concrete step PMLN took against drone attacks. I will never support the double faced PMLN which is an ally of PPP.

Thats all you could come up with when you dont have the answers. Beta grow up and go get some notes from your seniors. No one in pakistan will accept the sick generals pithoos. No more sick thoughts allowed
I am done replying to you, when you learn to talk with some manners and start answering about your King's party then i will take you seriously.

Haha your real face is infront of every one. Armies puppet.. Grow up and dont fool. Guys he comes online every night for 8 hours straight to keep these $hit postings. Now you tell me is he not being paid for all this crap. CHeck his previous posts and you will know what i meant.
1-About his sick thoughts the first thing is its obvious that Imrans so called internet army has started protecting the Generals cause they are there new masters.
2- Every single person in pakistan knows where the policies are made and its GHQ. Who you are bluffing beeta.. DOnt bluff.
3- Balochistan has been a living hell for balouch for so many years now. Every day there are so many peoples who the agencies take into there custody and they are dead after few days. Its a mess. And balochistan is at a brink. THe only solution if there ever will be through the politicians and not the military.
4- And its your favourite army and its generals who allowed the drones in pakistan. Like few days back the GOC of army said the militants are being killed by drones.
5- Do what ever it takes to support your puppet masters but pakistanis are well aware of the $hit the army did this time and no one will leave them.
Have the guts to speak the truth. if you are getting 18000 or 20000 pay that doess not mean you should sell your prestige.
Whoever is paid to post here is a real sick and retarded person and should be banned from siasat.pk, doesnt matter if its me, you or anyone else.

johny

you did not answer my post. u just showed your passion for IK. you just get blind when you see the other side of the face of Ik. trying to tell you every one is involved. including NS or IK they are just playing there politics.
Dharna isnt the only means of protest, Imran Khan was against military operations and drone attacks since 2004. See Capital Talk program where Hamid Meer showed all previous stances of Imran Khan. Where was your King Nawaz Sharif? What has he done until now about drone attacks? Atleast Imran Khan has the guts to tell Americans on their faces that their policies are failed and he has the courage to block their supplies. If your King had any courage, he could easily block NATO supplies in Punjab where he has full government machinery, but PMLN has done nothing but giving hollow speeches against drone attacks. Tell me one concrete step PMLN took against drone attacks. I will never support the double faced PMLN which is an ally of PPP.

you did not answer my post. u just showed your passion for IK. you just get blind when you see the other side of the face of Ik. trying to tell you every one is involved. including NS or IK they are just playing there politics.
Imran Khan is involved in what exactly? Corruption? Selling out Pakistan? Making secret deals with Americans? Allowing drone attacks?
You dont have anything to support your claim, even Wikileaks proved he is not a hypocrite and criticizes America's failed policies when he meets American ambassadors.