اقبال اور جمہوریت

Username

Senator (1k+ posts)
Few facts are needed to be refreshed before giving importance to the piece of trash of this thread;

It was Ibn Bajja (d.1138 CE) not Friedrich Nietzsche, who was the precursor of the concept of a ‘Superior Man’ therefore the concept of Ubermensch is not unique to Nietzsche alone.

The phrase ‘God is Dead’ was used in a dialogue of Nietzsche’s 1883 book ‘Thus Spoke Zarathustra’ and was not compiled in a book form as implied by the eunuch thread starter.

Democracy was never fancied by the likes of Socrates (d.399 BC), Plato (d.348 BC), Friedrich Nietzsche (d.1900 CE), Martin Heidegger (d.1976 CE), Oswald Spengler (d.1936 CE) therefore if Dr. Iqbal was cynical of its Western mould then it doesn’t mean that he had challenged the universal law of science in his time.

Democracy is a system which was designed to combat the encroaching and militant nature of Monarchy and Aristocracy primarily speaking and has itself become a handmaid of the exploitative Bourgeoisie class of the states where it is religiously followed.

Nietzsche stole Avempas's idea. Is this what you're implying? It's pretty serious allegation on a Philosopher of Nietzsche' status. Burden of proof is on you. Please quote a reference.

2. When did I say God Is Dead was the title of the book?

3. You've quoted Philosophers of Antiquity.
Socrates was against Athenian Democracy which was essentially different from Contemporary Ideas of Democracy in Nature, Structure, and Values. Socrates was wrong which is why his grand disciple Aristotle took a different position. Aristotle disagreed with his immediate teacher Plato too who said that society should be governed by Philosophers.
On the contrary Aristotle argued that Society should be run by the Majority and specially poor, asking for equal rights for every citizen.

However none of the three greatest Philosophers of Antiquity said that Society should be run on laws based on Religious teachings. They agreed that the decision making process of the State should be based on Reason and Rationale.

On the other hand, Iqbal rejected the Original idea altogether and wanted Democracy to be orchestrated by Religion, where Religious teachings play a decisive role in the decision making process.

Lastly, nobody has DESIGNED Democracy. This is a common misconception. Democracy has EVOLVED and it's taken hundreds of years to evolve.

Your point about exploitation of Democracy is genuine but we live an Imperfect World. This is no Utopia and we're no Utopians. Our task is to perfect this system as much as possible. For the sake of argument, one can say that leastways Collective Wisdom of Humanity has come up with a system that no Religion, who claim to be Divine, have come up with.

Username

Senator (1k+ posts)
Let me re-phrase his statement.... All Abrahamic religions as well Hinduism, Zoroastrian, Buddhism and many others were true ways to humanity because not only they came from one source but also convey same message.

Humanity is doomed not because the religions were practiced but because religion were not practiced in their rue essence.

How very uplifting!

You believe Islam has replaced all other Religions. Don't you? I'm afraid other Religion wouldn't agree with you on that. What'd you do now? Fight or reason it out?
How can you reason out the "Divine" teachings of any Religion when you're told that those teachings are definitive and ABSOLUTE?

What kind of confusion you've developed in your mind Leeza?
You're a person of Reason. Not of Religion or Self proclaimed Divine Doctrines.

You belong to US, not THEM.

You know funniest thing about your post is that .. Zoroastrains loved Incest. According to Zoroastrianism, God conferes blessings if a man marries his sister, mother, or daughter. Was it a Divine rule? Due to cultural influences and changing social trends they stopped practicing incest many hundreds years ago.

And Islam. Lol. Keep posting Leeza.

I promised you to produce traditions stating discriminatory educational system of early Islam. I'm sorry, couldn't find time to do that. I'll send you off references one of these days.

Username

Senator (1k+ posts)
بات صرف اقبال رحمتہ اللہ علیہ کی نہیں ہے۔
یہ محترم یا محترمہ صحابہ کے بارے میں بھی کلام کر چکے ہیں،، اور کچھ دن پہلے اپنی اسی آزاد خیالی کی وجہ سے جیل بھی جا چکے ہیں۔
آپ کی بات ٹھیک ہے کہ اسلام کوئی شاخ نازک پر بنا آشیانہ نہیں، مگر کسی چیز کے مضبوط ہونے کا یہ مطلب بھی نہیں کہ پھر جو جی میں آئے اس کو تاک کر دے مارو۔

Sahabi qatal karein tow wo bhi qatal hi hota hai janab. Aap ke nazdeek nahi tow kam az kam hamaray nazdeek.

Username

Senator (1k+ posts)
صبر کا دامن تو آپ چھوڑ رہے ہو، جو مولوی سے ڈائریکٹ دین پر انگلیاں اٹھا رہے ہو۔
اور دوسرے لبرل فاشسٹوں کے لئے بھی مشکلات پیدا کر رہے ہو، جو یہ ثابت کرنے کے لئے ایڑی چوٹی کا زور لگاتے رہتے ہیں کہ لبرلزم اور دین بے زاری اور ملحدانہ نظریات آپس میں مترادف نہیں ہیں۔

Phenomenon of Religiosity is my topic.

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
مکتب و ملا و اسرار کتاب
کور مدار زاد و نور آفتاب

مدرسے و ملا کا قرآن سے وہی واسطہ ہے جو مادر زاد اندھے کو کا سورج سے

اس لئے کہ ان میں کوئی طالب دین جو کوئی نہی ہے
جب طالب دین نہی ہوتا تو عالم دین خاک پیدا ہونے تھے

یہ دو ٹکے کے ملا نکلتے ہیں

جیسے ہمارے تعلیمی اداروں میں بھی کوئی طلب علم نہی ہوتا
اس لئے دو ٹکے کے لوگ زیاد نکلتے ہیں جو خود کو پڑھا لکھا کہتے ہیں

Ali raza babar

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
محراب و منبر کے دشمن تم صرف باتیں ہی بنا سکتے ہو لیکن کچھ کرنا دور کی بات منہ بھی نہیں کھولتے اسلام کے لئے. ہاں جو اسلام کی بات کرے اسے ملا بنا دو

ریاست نے اسلام باہر نکال پھینکا ہے تمھارے جیسے محراب و منبر کے پیچھے پڑے ہیں تاکے نماز روزہ جائے. منافقت چھوڑ لبیک یا سیکولر آزم کی تصویر لگاؤ

Jo dil mein basta hy us ki tasveer lagai hy.
Tum apni per ghaur kero.

jisay tum deen samjhty ho woh mulliat hy munafqat hy

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Nietzsche stole Avempas's idea. Is this what you're implying? It's pretty serious allegation on a Philosopher of Nietzsche' status. Burden of proof is on you. Please quote a reference.

2. When did I say God Is Dead was the title of the book?

3. You've quoted Philosophers of Antiquity.
Socrates was against Athenian Democracy which was essentially different from Contemporary Ideas of Democracy in Nature, Structure, and Values. Socrates was wrong which is why his grand disciple Aristotle took a different position. Aristotle disagreed with his immediate teacher Plato too who said that society should be governed by Philosophers.
On the contrary Aristotle argued that Society should be run by the Majority and specially poor, asking for equal rights for every citizen.

However none of the three greatest Philosophers of Antiquity said that Society should be run on laws based on Religious teachings. They agreed that the decision making process of the State should be based on Reason and Rationale.

On the other hand, Iqbal rejected the Original idea altogether and wanted Democracy to be orchestrated by Religion, where Religious teachings play a decisive role in the decision making process.

Lastly, nobody has DESIGNED Democracy. This is a common misconception. Democracy has EVOLVED and it's taken hundreds of years to evolve.

Your point about exploitation of Democracy is genuine but we live an Imperfect World. This is no Utopia and we're no Utopians. Our task is to perfect this system as much as possible. For the sake of argument, one can say that leastways Collective Wisdom of Humanity has come up with a system that no Religion, who claim to be Divine, have come up with.

I'm sorry but I have to use some harsh words for your inadequacy and corrupt state of mind that has been further flared with your inability to read important texts before spitting your ignorance on this forum on frequent basis.

Firstly the Latinized name of Ibn Bajja is Avempace not Avempas and secondly you have to go through his teachings on your own as I've alluded to your gross ignorance on the subject matter. Okay let me ease your anguish and try to give you a reference from a book of Abbes published in 2011 and a citation would be found of a 'Superior Man' of Ibn Bajja in response to the Perfect City musing of Plato on page no. 86. Now to establish that Nietzsche stole this concept of Ibn Bajja is a no-brainer but still I want to give a benefit of doubt to the former one and to acknowledge his own contribution on the subject matter but that doesn't mean that Dr. Iqbal's concept of Khudi is heavily borrowed from Nietzsche's Ubermensch concept.

You are also an embodiment of an 'Ignorance laden Spoof' to think that Aristotle was up for grabs on the concept of Democracy and conveniently forget to mention that according to him Democracy was a deviant form of a 'Polity' and the best political arrangement for him was to have a mixed regime where the elements of Kingship, Aristocracy and Polity should be placed in order to somewhat insulate this hypothetical arrangement from corruption / deviation. Aristotle also advocated the use of the concept of 'Weighted Franchise' so that the opinions of highly educated voters should be sifted through the ordinary literate ones on the important matters of state.

Take a break and try to read the texts of masters with perfection my friend and if you're incapable of this task, as the sign of your frustrated posts indicates, then try to get under the supervised tutelage of the experts of the subjects in which you want to open your big mouth or to use your deviant pen to write something of any worth. You can fool the ordinary people here on such forums but not a rebellious skeptic like me. On other points you have expressed your valid concerns for Dr. Iqbal and you have the right to do so within the limited range of your perception and studies though how much you'll be able to refine your critique down the line is a moot point.

Last edited:

LeezaKhan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Thanks for enlightening me about myself. That was very thoughtful of you. Would be great if you elaborate a little on "US" and "THEM" though. Would you?

I don't believe that Islam replaced anything, replacing would mean something new, something different.... those religions were merely reincarnated as 'Islam'. There is only one Devine who has been sending us the messages which remain intact for a bit and get distorted after a while. There has been a reason that Quran hasn't been distorted as this was the time that human conscious or intellect level was capable enough to keep the message preserved. They kept the message preserved but weren't able to understand it fully thus the inhumanity and this mess.

Is that a coincidence that you dig any religion and get the same message again and again? Quran, Bible, Torah, Geeta, Vedas, Avestaor Sutras, you name it. I am a believer but a skeptic one. I simply don't take things as they are presented and believe only what passes through my intellect.

How very uplifting!

You believe Islam has replaced all other Religions. Don't you? I'm afraid other Religion wouldn't agree with you on that. What'd you do now? Fight or reason it out?
How can you reason out the "Divine" teachings of any Religion when you're told that those teachings are definitive and ABSOLUTE?

What kind of confusion you've developed in your mind Leeza?
You're a person of Reason. Not of Religion or Self proclaimed Divine Doctrines.

You belong to US, not THEM.

You know funniest thing about your post is that .. Zoroastrains loved Incest. According to Zoroastrianism, God conferes blessings if a man marries his sister, mother, or daughter. Was it a Divine rule? Due to cultural influences and changing social trends they stopped practicing incest many hundreds years ago.

And Islam. Lol. Keep posting Leeza.

I promised you to produce traditions stating discriminatory educational system of early Islam. I'm sorry, couldn't find time to do that. I'll send you off references one of these days.

Sphere Manisfest

Senator (1k+ posts)

مزید یہ کہ اقبال نے آجکل کی مغربی جمہوریت نہی دیکھی تھی ، جو بہت ریفاینڈ ہو چکی ہے

Good one. I was thinking the same to write. Scandinavian countries are great example for almost "best of everything".

stranger

سارے جہاں سے اچھا ہندوستان ہمارا - علامہ اقبال ہی کی تخلیق ہے

aap mera point nehi samjhay..... malka ki maut per aisa marsia???? saya-e-khuda, mah-e-muharam etc etc.... chalain koi nahi jawani ki ghalti samajh ker darguzar ker dia jaay...

Mughal1

You're a funny guy bro.
If Islam is the way for Humanity then Humanity is doomed.

dear username, I have studied the quran for a very long time and beyond the level of people I came across in my life time. I know what I am talking about and it should become very clear to anyone with knowledge who will take the time to go through the information I have posted in the links provided and in my other posts. I have tried to explain to people how they should study the quran and why they need to do that. Anyone is welcome to challenge what I have explained and put forth a better explanation of things. Just saying islam is this or that is meaningless because proof of the pudding is in the eating.

I want people to challenge the quran and deen of islam by first proving they have what it takes to make sense of the text of the quran. If they had what it takes to make sense of the quran and deen of islam then they could not have made statements against the quran and deen of islam based upon their utter ignorance about them. Humanity is not doomed but many people are who do not use their God given brains and senses as they should. That is why they make things difficult and hard for themselves as well as others. If you have any time on your hands then please do go through the links and see what you think about the quran and deen of islam or pakistan afterwards. We are all doomed no matter what we think and do should we ignore the message of God by not studying it properly and not following it faithfully. It is because none of us can know who created us and for what purpose or how can we fulfil the purpose for which our creator has created us unless the creator himself tells us all this. Revelation itself means nothing till people enable themselves to get it and then get on with making proper sense of it. Things do not end there rather people then need to act upon what they have been advised to think or do. Unless we complete this process we human beings can never get out of confusion and crisis that we have created for ourselves.

What people do is follow self created ideas about God instead of trying to know what God has to say about all that is going on. This is why every where people are asking God for favours instead of doing what he requires of them so that his purpose for creating people becomes fulfilled. The more people stay away from proper understanding of his message or following it faithfully the more troubled humanity becomes by thinking and doing things as they like.

Most of us human beings think the more we humiliate ourselves before God the more God will become pleased with us and will do things for us ie he will carry out our wishes and desires. We are not trying to realise that humiliating humanity means disrespecting God. It is because human being is supposed to be the best creation of God ie his masterpiece. If his masterpiece is looked down upon then how can God manifest his glory for people to see? Deen of islam is very different from what we are told by mullahs and their blind followers. They are a disgrace for humanity the way they are carrying on ie misinterpreting and misrepresenting message of God thereby humiliating humanity as well as disrespecting God. The very same is true about philosophers and scientists because they too instead of reading the quran themselves to make proper sense of it argue against the quran on basis of what mullahs make of it due to their ignorance. The true discussion between people can only take place when people discussing the quran study the quran by themselves and draw their own conclusions about it after enabling themselves to be able to do so. As I see it this sort of situation is yet far away due to mindsets, attitudes and behaviours people have adopted regarding the quran and deen of islam. Most of the muslims are muslims only for name sake and they have no idea what the message of the quran is. Likewise people whom we consider highly educated are not educated to the level needed for proper understanding of the quran and deen of islam. When they are their thinking will not be very different from mine because logical consistency has to be the very basis for proper understanding of the information found in the quran.

So far any philosophers or scientists I came across their thinking seemed to me heavily affected by their religious up bringing. That is like looking at things through coloured glasses. Till we shed religious mindsets, attitudes and behaviours we can never understand the quran properly therefore we cannot know deen of islam properly or follow it faithfully. However some people have told us some good points about the quran and deen of islam just like some have told us some good points about this universe. So we should accept what is right because it is logically consistent and makes sense and reject what is wrong because it is logically inconsistent and keep on studying both the universe and the revelation to get to the proper understanding of things.

Deen of islam is not a personality cult this is why the quran does not tell us to follow people blindly be they messengers of God because human beings could make mistakes. This is why the standard is revelation of God not any particular person. This is clear proof that deen of islam is very different from religious concepts people hold about God and the universe or its realities. It is good that you have studied what mullahs say about the universal realities and the quran or islam as well as what philosophers and scientists say about them but see what I say about all these things and people and why I do so. Only then you will come to realise why I hold the views that I do.

regards and all the best.

Mughal1

ہر انسان کی ذہنی ارتقا کی منازل ہوتی ہیں سواے نبی کے
har insaan zehni aur badni irtqaee manaazil se guzarta hai chahe woh nabi hi ho. wahee irtqaa se paak hoti hai is liye keh woh insaani kalaam nahin hoti na insaani zehn ki takhleeq.

Last edited:

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Jo dil mein basta hy us ki tasveer lagai hy.
Tum apni per ghaur kero.

jisay tum deen samjhty ho woh mulliat hy munafqat hy
جس کا دین اسلام ہو وہ منبر و محراب کا دشمن نہیں ہوتا

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
aap mera point nehi samjhay..... malka ki maut per aisa marsia???? saya-e-khuda, mah-e-muharam etc etc.... chalain koi nahi jawani ki ghalti samajh ker darguzar ker dia jaay...
اگرچہ موضوع بدل گیا، مخاطب بدل گیا. علامہ اقبال بعد میں بھی ایسی جسارتیں کرتے رہے ہیں. کس کس غلطی کو معاف کریں گے
اندر کا مولوی بے نقاب ہونے کو بیتاب ہے لیکن لبرل آزم کا بھرم بھی تو رکھنا ہے

Last edited:

Username

Senator (1k+ posts)
علامہ اقبال کے عمرانی اور سیاسی افکار کے مطالعہ سے ہم جس نتیجہ پر پہنچتے ہیں وہ ہ ہے کہ علامہ اقبال مغربی جمہوریت کو اس کے سیکولر اور مادر پدر آزاد ہونے کی وجہ سے ناپسند کرتے تھے مگر جمہوری روح جس میں حریت فکر اور آزادی رائے عام ہے کو قبول کرتے تھے ۔ وہ چاھتے تھے کہ مسلمانوں میں نہ تو سیکولر جمہوریے آئے نہ لبرل ازم کے نام پر بے راہ روی پیدا ہو ۔ مگر عصرِ حاضر میں مسلمان جمہوری روح سے استفادہ کر کے خود اپنے نظام خلافت اجتہاد کے ذریعہ ایک ایسے منتخب نظام میں بدل دیں جس میں فرد سے زیادہ جماعت مقتدر ہو۔ ریاستِ اسلامی کی سیاسی ، عمرانی اور معاشی معاملات چلانے کے لئے ایک منتخب ایوان تشکیل پائے جو ہماری عظیم فقہی روایات سے اصولی رہنمائی لے کر جدید عصری تقاضوں کے مطابق خود ایک جدید فقہی نظامِ مدنیت یا نظامِ حیات متشکل کرے ۔ یہ ایک ایسا اصول ہو جس سے فرد کا روحانی استخلاص ہو سکے اور اس بنیادی اصول کی عالمگیریت سے انسانی معاشرے کا ارتقاء بھی روحانی اساس پر ہوتا رہے ۔ فرد کے روحانی استخلاص اور انسانی معاشرے کے ارتقا کے اس بنیادی اصول کا استخراج اقبال کے ہاں کائنات کی روحانی تعبیر پر ہے جو مادے کے بارے میں جدید طبیعات کے اس انکشاف کے بعد کہ مادہ قابل تحویل بھی ہے اور قابلِ فنا بھی اقبال نے قرآن کے تصورِ توحید پر ایک نئی مابعدالطبیعات کو ایقان دیتے ہوئے اپنائی۔

http://www.urduweb.org/mehfil/threads/اقبال-اور-جمہوری-خلافت-کا-تصور.3973/

(معذرت - میں آپکو اردو میں ہی مخاطب کرنا چاہتا تھا اس لئے جواب دینے میں دیر ہو گئی میرے دوسرے گیجٹس پر اردو نہیں لکھی جا سکتی)

علامہ اقبال کے عمرانی اور سیاسی افکار کے مطالعہ سے ہم جس نتیجہ پر پہنچتے ہیں وہ ہ ہے کہ علامہ اقبال مغربی جمہوریت کو اس کے سیکولر اور مادر پدر آزاد ہونے کی وجہ سے ناپسند کرتے تھے مگر جمہوری روح جس میں حریت فکر اور آزادی رائے عام ہے کو قبول کرتے تھے

یہ شاید سب سے بڑی غلط فہمی ہے جو جمہوریت کے مخالفین ایک دلیل کے طور پر استمعال کرتے ہیں- غلط فہمی کی بنیاد یہ خیال ہے کہ جہموریت میں فرد کو مکمل اور مادر پدر آزادی حاصل ہوتی ہے- یہ بات نظری اور عملی دونو ں طرح سے ٹھیک نہیں ہے در حقیقت نظام جمہوریت اور فرد کی آزادی بعض دفعہ مخالفین کی طرح آمنے سامنے آ کھڑے ہوتے ہیں دنیا کی کسی بھی جمہوریت میں فرد کی ایسی آزادی حاصل ہی نہیں جسے بنیاد پرستوں یا قدامت پرستوں کی طرف سے تنقید کا نشانہ بنایا جاتا ہے- موجودہ جمہوری سیٹ اپ کو تواس لئے ہدف تنقید بنایا جاتا ہے کہ اس نے فرد کی آزادی کو محدود کر رکھا ہے

فرد جو نظام کی اکائی ہے- جو زندگی کی بھی اکائی ہے اور شعور کی بھی اکائی ہے- فرد کی آزادی اور ذات کی حرمت کو قائم رکھنا کسی بھی نظام حکومت کا اولین مقصد ہونا چاہیے- موجودہ جمہوری ڈھانچہ اس مقصد کی راہ میں بجائے خود ایک رکاوٹ کے طور پر سامنے آتا ہے جس میں فرد کی آزادی پہ پہلی قدغن منتخب نمائندگان لگاتے ہیں- جب پانچ لاکھ لوگوں کو صرف ایک آدمی نمائیندگی دینے لگتا ہے تو ظاہر ہے وہ پورے پانچ لاکھ کا نہ تو بااعتماد ہوتا ہے اور نہ ہی اس قابل کہ ان سب کی خواھشات کی ترجمانی کر سکے- جمہوریت کے اندر ہی فرد کی آزادی پہ دوسری قدغن پارلیمنٹ ہوتی ہے- جسے یہ حق حاصل ہے کہ وہ سماج کے تمام کے تمام ممبران (افراد) کے جھکاؤ اور تمناؤں کو ایک طرف رکھتے ہوئے کوئی بھی قانون پاس کر دے- آدازی پہ تیسری قدغن آیین کی ہے- یہ قدغن نہ صرف فرد پر ہے بلکہ یہ پارلیمنٹ کی طاقت کو بھی محدود کرتی ہے- اور پانچویں قدغن عدالتوں کی شکل میں ہے- جنکے پاس یہ قانونی اختیار ہے کہ وہ فرد اور پارلیمنٹ دونوں کے جھکاؤ کو نظر انداز کرتے ہوئے کوئی فیصلہ دے سکتے ہیں-

پارلیمانی طرز جمہوریت میں فرد کی آزادی' ان ساری رکاوٹوں کے بعد ویسے ہی کہیں کھو جاتی ہے- اقبال اور دوسرے ناقدین کس "مادر پدر" آزادی کی بات کرتے ہیں-ہم یہ سمجھنے سے قاصر ہیں- تنقید ایک ایسی چیز پر ہوتی ہے جو کبھی افراد کو حاصل ہی نہیں ہو سکی

مادر پدر آزادی کی بات کرنے والے دوست اور مفکرین' جمہوریت کے ارتقائی مراحل اور عملی نفاذ کے حوالے سے مکمل طور پر لاعلم دکھائی دیتے ہیں- ملا سے ہمیں شکوہ نہیں مگر اقبال سے ہے کیوں کہ اقبال کی اہمیت ہے- اقبال نے کچھ پڑھا' کچھ لکھا تھا- کم از کم کچھ کھوجنے کی کوشش کی تھی- گو کہ انہوں نے اپنے شعور کو مذہب کا پابند کر دیا جس سے ان کے درک اور گیان میں وہ رعنائی نہ آ سکی جو اس پائے کے دوسرے مفکرین میں ملتی ہے -

جمہوریت کی ممکن عملی اشکال اور ان اشکال کی مختلف معاشروں میں نفاذ پذیری اور اثر اندازی کا جائزہ لیا جائے تو یہ خوف زائل ہو جاتا ہے کہ فرد کو کسی بھی نظام جمہوریت میں مادر پدر آزادی حاصل ہے یا ہو سکتی ہے- مثال کے طور پر ان ممالک کو لیا جا سکتا ہے جن میں آئین موجود ہی نہیں- جیسے کہ انگلینڈ اور اسرائیل- جیسے کہ کینیڈا- اور سب سے بڑھ کر جیسے کہ سعودی عرب- انگلینڈ' اسرائیل' اورسعودی عرب تینوں ممالک فکری طور پر ایک دوسرے سے کوسوں دور ہیں- تینوں ہی آئین سے محروم ہیں اور تینوں ہی طرز زندگی میں اور سماجی اقدار میں ایک دوسرے سے بہت مختلف ہیں- کیوں؟
اس لئے کہ روایات' رواج' معمول' سابقہ مثالیں' سماجی دستور' اور ترجیحات یہ سب عناصر کسی بھی معاشرے میں جمہوریت کی شکل کا تعین کرتے ہیں- ان عوامل کی موجودگی میں کسی بھی طرح کی ایسی مادر پدر آزادی جو سماج کے مجموعی رجحان سے مطابقت نہیں رکھتی اسکا خوف محض ذہنی کج روی ہے- جسکا شکار ہمارے مسلم اور پاکستانی مفکرین کثرت سے ہیں- ان عوامل کی وجہ سے ایک معاشرے میں جمہوریت کی اثر پزیری ایک دوسرے معاشرے سے بلکل مختلف ہو سکتی
ہے- اور اگر ایک معاشرے میں فرد کی آزادی زیادہ مقدم ہے تو کسی دوسرے معاشرے میں خاندانی بقا زیادہ مقدم ہو سکتی ہے- جمہوریت جیسے عظیم الشان انسانی تصور کو فرد یا سماج کی مادر پدر آزادی کے خوف تک محدود کر دینا ڈاکٹر اسرار کو تو زیب دیتا تھا مگر اقبال کو نہیں

وہ چاھتے تھے کہ مسلمانوں میں نہ تو سیکولر جمہوریے آئے نہ لبرل ازم کے نام پر بے راہ روی پیدا ہو

یہ بہت دلچسپ خوف ہے- بے راہ روی- اس پہ کسی دن تفصیل سے بات کریں گے- اکثر دوستوں اور پاکستانی دانشوروں کی اکثریت اس خوف کا بیماری کی حد تک شکار نظر آتی ہے- یہ ٹوپک ایک پورے تھریڈ کا متقاضی ہے

عصرِ حاضر میں مسلمان جمہوری روح سے استفادہ کر کے خود اپنے نظام خلافت اجتہاد کے ذریعہ ایک ایسے منتخب نظام میں بدل دیں جس میں فرد سے زیادہ جماعت مقتدر ہو

استفادہ تو آخر کار اسی جمہوری روح سے کرنا تھا جسکی تنقید کرتے رہے؟ تو پھر آخر تنقید کی ہی کیوں؟ کیا یہ بجائے خود اقبال کی پریشان خیالی نہیں تھی جسکی طرف ہم نے اشارہ کیا؟ جب سماج کی اکائی فرد ہے' جماعت نہیں تو جماعت فرد سے مقتدر کیسے ہو سکتی ہے ؟پھر جماعت سے یہاں مراد کیا ہے؟ کوئی مذہبی گروہ؟ کوئی فقہی سکول؟ یا خود پارلیمنٹ؟

ایک منتخب ایوان تشکیل پائے جو ہماری عظیم فقہی روایات سے اصولی رہنمائی لے کر جدید عصری تقاضوں کے مطابق خود ایک جدید فقہی نظامِ مدنیت یا نظامِ حیات متشکل کرے

یہ کوئی اقبال کا فلسفہ نہیں ہے- جیسا کہ ہم نے اوپر بیان کیا ہے کہ تاریخ اور دستور جمہوریت کے تمام فیصلوں پر اثر انداز ہوتے ہیں- ان صاحب نے تو ان عوامل میں سے صرف ایک "فقہی روایت" کو ہی بیان کیا ہے جبکہ عوامل کی فہرست کافی لمبی ہے

گو کہ اصولی طور پر فکر کی رہنمائی ہزاروں سال پہلے کے فقہی قوانین کو نہیں بلکہ فرد جو سماج کو متشکل کرتا ہے اسکی ترجیحات' اسکی فلاح' اور اسکی تحریک کو کرنی چاہیے

یہ بات نہیں بھولنی چاہیے کہ سماج فرد سے عبارت ہے' فقہ یا مذہب سے نہیں- اور ریاست' حکومت' اور طرز حکومت کا مقصد مطلق اور اولین فرض فرد کی فلاح و بہبود ہے نہ کہ کسی مذہب یا گروہ کے نظریات کا نفاز

یہ ایک ایسا اصول ہو جس سے فرد کا روحانی استخلاص ہو سکے اور اس بنیادی اصول کی عالمگیریت سے انسانی معاشرے کا ارتقاء بھی روحانی اساس پر ہوتا رہے ۔ فرد کے روحانی استخلاص اور انسانی معاشرے کے ارتقا کے اس بنیادی اصول کا استخراج اقبال کے ہاں کائنات کی روحانی تعبیر پر ہے جو مادے کے بارے میں جدید طبیعات کے اس انکشاف کے بعد کہ مادہ قابل تحویل بھی ہے اور قابلِ فنا بھی اقبال نے قرآن کے تصورِ توحید پر ایک نئی مابعدالطبیعات کو ایقان دیتے ہوئے اپنائی

ایسا اقبال نے کہاں کہا ہے ہم نے نہیں پڑھا- ان صاحب کی اپنی تعبیر ہو گی- مگر یہی پہ وہ جبر آ جاتا ہے جسکی جمھوریت نفی کرتی ہے- یہ وہ جبر ہے چھ سو سال پہلے یورپ میں رائج تھا- کہ بادشاہ کا مذہب ہی رعایا کا مذہب ہے-

روحانیت کا فرد کی مادی ضروریات جو طرز حکومت کے ماتحت ہیں- سے کیا لینا دینا؟ روحانیت کیا ہے- خدا ہے نہیں ہے- مابعدالطبیعت کا سیاست' طرز حکمرانی' اور بنیادی انسانی حقوق سے کوئی تعلق ہے- نہیں ہے- ان باتوں کا جمہوریت سے کیا لینا دینا؟

جمہوریت تو ہے ہی ایسے تمام تعصبات' قیاسات' اور مفروضات نفی جو کہ کسی ایک انسان کو کسی دوسرے انسان پر جبر کا حق دیں- کوئی خدا کو نہیں مانتا تو کیا ریاست اس کے حقوق کی فراہمی اور اپنے فرائض کی ادائگنی میں غفلت کر سکتی ہے ؟ کیا نظام اس آدمی کی فلاح سے ہاتھ اٹھا لے گا؟