BBC Makkah Suicide Bombers "Joke" Complaint

biomat

Minister (2k+ posts)
As-Salaam Alaykum,

We'll keep this short and to the point. Yesterday on BBC1 and 9pm the host of a satire show made a comment which was basically saying that Makkah is a breeding ground for suicide bombers. Please don't ignore this and put a complaint in. It's not going to take long. We haven't saved what we sent but we have quickly typed up something for you to send. It will literally take you one minute to do if you just copy and paste what is written below. Feel free to change it or make your own comment and please forward it to all your friends.

Go To: https://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/

What does your complaint relate to? TELEVISION

Channel: BBC One

Program Name: Have I Got News For You

Transmission Date: 03/06/2011

Complaint Category: Offence

Summary: Sharon Horgan comment about Mecca and suicide bombers.

Full Complaint: On "Have I Got News For You" (Fri 3rd June) aired 9pm on BBC1, the host Sharon Horgan on 25 minutes said "...not to be confused with the Mecca for suicide bombers... which is Mecca".

As a Muslim I found this comment crass, offensive, in poor taste and an utter waste of tax payers money going to people who either cannot exercise restraint in their views or who are complicit in broadcasting these views to millions of people. It is unacceptable.

I am upset that you would broadcast this to millions when you could have easily cut the "joke". It was a sick comment which only serves to reinforce the Islamaphobic negative stereotype and perpetuate prejudice against Islam and its followers. Is your corporation supporting the ridicule of my religion? The real culprit here is the BBC. You didn't have to broadcast the comments or repeat them on your iPlayer service, you saw them before it was aired and you obviously deemed it fit for broadcast so you are just as much to blame.

Ignorant views such as this only help fuel hatred. How can you justify this? You are supporting this by broadcasting such comments. What kind of standards are you setting? I suggest you make an on-air apology at the end of next weeks show. I look forward to hearing from you.

Edit - Here is the video:

Last edited:

cefspan

Minister (2k+ posts)
[MENTION=12943]crankthskunk[/MENTION]
[MENTION=9088]I_hate_Liars[/MENTION]
[MENTION=9841]faiza[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11207]canadian[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19979]Blessed[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15799]islamabadi[/MENTION]
[MENTION=10641]wadaich[/MENTION]
[MENTION=7385]digitalzygot[/MENTION]
[MENTION=18476]maksyed[/MENTION]
[MENTION=10282]shah5ap[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5021]biomat[/MENTION]
[MENTION=14752]messam[/MENTION]
[MENTION=10125]Salik[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19726]jahanzaibi[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5100]sakayani[/MENTION]
@simple_and_peacefull
@123
[MENTION=11978]Night_Hawk[/MENTION]
[MENTION=17499]mt_dilber[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11266]dagreat123[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19059]fahid_asif[/MENTION]
[MENTION=16839]EniGma90[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5021]biomat[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15789]Jack Sparrow[/MENTION]
Buddies ,do follow biomat , I have already lodged a complaint..............Thanks BIOMAT!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

aasimnaveed

MPA (400+ posts)
done.................................................
.........>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>