Armys one-day spending equivalent to one-year education ministry budget

Geek

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Pakistan%25E2%2580%2599s-year-of-education.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan spends Rs1.35 billion per day over the three armed forces just under the head of salaries and operating expenses only, Rs8.60 million daily on the president and prime minister, Rs7.8 million per day on the Senate and National Assembly but a paltry amount of three lakh rupees per day to take care of human rights, show the budget documents.

It further discloses that the Army’s one-day spending is equivalent to the running year’s total allocation for education ministry, and the air-force’s per day expenditures far exceedwhat was allocated to the health ministry for running the financial year ending this month.

In the new financial year, as many as Rs495.215 billion has been allocated for the armed services only and the amount to be spent on the purchase and maintenance of military hardware is apart from thist. Going by the above cited figure means that Rs1.35 billion is spent on the three armed services each day.

A further break-up indicates that Rs640.37 million will be utilized by the Army per day; a sum equivalent to the running year’s budgetary allocation for the ministry of education. Although the ministry has been devolved now with no new allocation made under its head, last year’s budget for the ministry was Rs640 million which means Rs1.7 million a day. The allocated amount for the entire year for the education ministry last year, Rs640 million, is spent in a day by the Army for meeting its salaries and operating expenses only.

Likewise, the health ministry’s running year’s budget was less than the one-day spending of the air force. The ministry that has also been devolved now got budgetary allocation of Rs269 million for 2010-2011 whereas the air force’s per day spending is Rs290.86 million. Pakistan Navy’s spending per day is Rs141.80 million.

How much is spent on the ISI, the premier intelligence agency, is anybody’s guess as the budgetary allocation for the agency is not included in the amount specified for the armed forces.

The PML-N had demanded a debate on the defence budget and the allocations for the intelligence agencies, but the point has neither been taken seriously by the government nor pressed further by the major opposition party.

In addition to the massive defence spending, the expenditures of the prime minister and president also raise many eyebrows. The prime minister of Pakistan, for example, spends an amount of Rs4.3 million per day on foreign tours and the president around one million of rupees.

According to the budgetary allocation, the daily expenses of the Prime Minister Secretariat are Rs1.5 million in addition to Rs4.3 million each day that goes towards spending on the PM and his delegations’ foreign tours.

Likewise, the presidency’s budgetary allocation shows that a sum of Rs931,506.85 will be spent per day on his foreign tour and Rs1.322 million on the presidential secretariat. An accumulated amount of the president and PM’s expense is Rs8.60 million per day. Next comes the Senate and National Assembly Secretariat which constitute a total amount of Rs7.8 million per day. Going by that figure it shows that tax-payers would be spending five million rupees on the National Assembly Secretariat each day and Rs2.8 millions per day over Senate.

This massive spending is in contrast with the plight of human rights in Pakistan and the government’s non-serious attitude towards it. The next financial year’s budget indicates that a meagre sum of Rs110 million has been allocated which means three lakh rupees per day. Again, this amount has been allocated for employees’ related expenses as otherwise the ministry of human rights has no presence on the ground.

This is in contrast with the plight of human rights in a country like ours where even journalists are killed like dogs and cats.

An official of the ministry said they don’t have sufficient budget to create awareness, and conduct fact-finding missions. Most of the paperwork is done through media reports as neither the ministry has transport nor enough staff members to verify facts about human rights abuses taking places.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/TodaysPrintDetail.aspx?ID=50916&Cat=2&dt=6/5/2011

Last edited by a moderator:

moazzamniaz

اگر ملٹری اینٹی پاکستان اور اینٹی عوام پالیسیاں اور کام چھوڑ دے تو شاید پھر یہ بھاری بھرکم بجٹ بھی اتنا نہ چبھے. دکھ اسوقت ہوتا ہے کہ جب انہی پیسوں سے پاکستانی اور افغانی نہتے شہریوں کا بہیمانہ قتل عام کیا جاتا ہے. ان جرنیلوں نے بھائی کو بھائی کا جانی دشمن بنا دیا ہے. مسلم خون اتنا سستہ شاید ہی کبھی دیکھا ہو

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan spends Rs1.35 billion per day over the three armed forces just under the head of salaries and operating expenses only, Rs8.60 million daily on the president and prime minister, Rs7.8 million per day on the Senate and National Assembly but a paltry amount of three lakh rupees per day to take care of human rights, show the budget documents.

It further discloses that the Armys one-day spending is equivalent to the running years total allocation for education ministry, and the air-forces per day expenditures far exceedwhat was allocated to the health ministry for running the financial year ending this month.

In the new financial year, as many as Rs495.215 billion has been allocated for the armed services only and the amount to be spent on the purchase and maintenance of military hardware is apart from thist. Going by the above cited figure means that Rs1.35 billion is spent on the three armed services each day.

A further break-up indicates that Rs640.37 million will be utilized by the Army per day; a sum equivalent to the running years budgetary allocation for the ministry of education. Although the ministry has been devolved now with no new allocation made under its head, last years budget for the ministry was Rs640 million which means Rs1.7 million a day. The allocated amount for the entire year for the education ministry last year, Rs640 million, is spent in a day by the Army for meeting its salaries and operating expenses only.

Likewise, the health ministrys running years budget was less than the one-day spending of the air force. The ministry that has also been devolved now got budgetary allocation of Rs269 million for 2010-2011 whereas the air forces per day spending is Rs290.86 million. Pakistan Navys spending per day is Rs141.80 million.

How much is spent on the ISI, the premier intelligence agency, is anybodys guess as the budgetary allocation for the agency is not included in the amount specified for the armed forces.

The PML-N had demanded a debate on the defence budget and the allocations for the intelligence agencies, but the point has neither been taken seriously by the government nor pressed further by the major opposition party.

In addition to the massive defence spending, the expenditures of the prime minister and president also raise many eyebrows. The prime minister of Pakistan, for example, spends an amount of Rs4.3 million per day on foreign tours and the president around one million of rupees.

According to the budgetary allocation, the daily expenses of the Prime Minister Secretariat are Rs1.5 million in addition to Rs4.3 million each day that goes towards spending on the PM and his delegations foreign tours.

Likewise, the presidencys budgetary allocation shows that a sum of Rs931,506.85 will be spent per day on his foreign tour and Rs1.322 million on the presidential secretariat. An accumulated amount of the president and PMs expense is Rs8.60 million per day. Next comes the Senate and National Assembly Secretariat which constitute a total amount of Rs7.8 million per day. Going by that figure it shows that tax-payers would be spending five million rupees on the National Assembly Secretariat each day and Rs2.8 millions per day over Senate.

This massive spending is in contrast with the plight of human rights in Pakistan and the governments non-serious attitude towards it. The next financial years budget indicates that a meagre sum of Rs110 million has been allocated which means three lakh rupees per day. Again, this amount has been allocated for employees related expenses as otherwise the ministry of human rights has no presence on the ground.

This is in contrast with the plight of human rights in a country like ours where even journalists are killed like dogs and cats.

An official of the ministry said they dont have sufficient budget to create awareness, and conduct fact-finding missions. Most of the paperwork is done through media reports as neither the ministry has transport nor enough staff members to verify facts about human rights abuses taking places.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/TodaysPrintDetail.aspx?ID=50916&Cat=2&dt=6/5/2011

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

all armed forces individuals should be given a raise because of they are putting lives on line just to protect Americans

rana14801

Senator (1k+ posts)
اگر ملٹری اینٹی پاکستان اور اینٹی عوام پالیسیاں اور کام چھوڑ دے تو شاید پھر یہ بھاری بھرکم بجٹ بھی اتنا نہ چبھے. دکھ اسوقت ہوتا ہے کہ جب انہی پیسوں سے پاکستانی اور افغانی نہتے شہریوں کا بہیمانہ قتل عام کیا جاتا ہے. ان جرنیلوں نے بھائی کو بھائی کا جانی دشمن بنا دیا ہے. مسلم خون اتنا سستہ شاید ہی کبھی دیکھا ہو
i wonder what is the pupose of posting this INFORMATION. to my mind u want to create an alarm in public so that they oppose these expenditures or u want to prove that u r more informed than any body else on this forum.remember NATIONS HAS TO PAY HEAVY PRICES IF THEY CANNOT PREPARE AGAINST EXTERNAL THREATS. a famous saying PREPARE FOR WAR IF U WANT PEACE specially when ur enemy is on ur borders.

gazoomartian

You have squarely and unfairly put all the blames on military, kya ahmaqana post hai. I had respect for you muazzam, now I am deeply disappointed.

کاش لکھنے سے پہلے صرف چند لمحہ ہی سونچ لیا ہوتا

اس گھر کو آگ لگ گیئ گھر کے چراغ سے

ایک طرف غدّار
حکومت دوسری طرف ان پڑھ عوام ' فوج کرے تو کیا کرے ؟
امریکی یہی تو چاہتے تھے کہ فوج اور عوام کے درمیان ہم آہنگی کو ختم کر دیا جایے اور اس کام کو ان لوگوں بڑی خوبی سے انجام دیا ہے

moazzamniaz

You have squarely and unfairly put all the blames on military, kya ahmaqana post hai. I had respect for you muazzam, now I am deeply disappointed.

کاش لکھنے سے پہلے صرف چند لمحہ ہی سونچ لیا ہوتا

اس گھر کو آگ لگ گیئ گھر کے چراغ سے

ایک طرف غدّار
حکومت دوسری طرف ان پڑھ عوام ' فوج کرے تو کیا کرے ؟
امریکی یہی تو چاہتے تھے کہ فوج اور عوام کے درمیان ہم آہنگی کو ختم کر دیا جایے اور اس کام کو ان لوگوں بڑی خوبی سے انجام دیا ہے

گیزو بھائی، اگر یہ پاکستان کے وفادار ہو جائیں تو میں انکا سب سے بڑا مرید بننے کیلیے تیار ہوں. جس دن انکی موجودہ پالیسی تبدیل ہوئی، میں وقتی طور پر تنقید کرنا چھوڑ دوں گا

gazoomartian

گیزو بھائی، اگر یہ پاکستان کے وفادار ہو جائیں تو میں انکا سب سے بڑا مرید بننے کیلیے تیار ہوں. جس دن انکی موجودہ پالیسی تبدیل ہوئی، میں وقتی طور پر تنقید کرنا چھوڑ دوں گا

آقا pbuh کے زمانے میں بھی تلواریں سستی نہیں ہونگی - اگر درہم نہیں تو محنت و کاوش تو ضرور لگتی ہوگی

moazzamniaz

آقا pbuh کے زمانے میں بھی تلواریں سستی نہیں ہونگی - اگر درہم نہیں تو محنت و کاوش تو ضرور لگتی ہوگی

بالکل صحیح فرمایا، اسی لیے اگر یہ جرنیل میرے آقا pbuh کے رستے پر چل پڑیں تو میں ان جرنیلوں کے نوکروں کا نوکر

ahmadalikhan

MPA (400+ posts)
[MENTION=8740]awan4ever[/MENTION]

Its not good way of registering ur protest. Galiyan nikal kar kya mile ga. Gazoo theek keh raha hai. Why u never ask about Zardari's swiss accounts and other corruption of Politicians?

Last edited by a moderator:

awan4ever

[MENTION=8740]awan4ever[/MENTION]

Its not good way of registering ur protest. Galiyan nikal kar kya mile ga. Gazoo theek keh raha hai. Why u never ask about Zardari's swiss accounts and other corruption of Politicians?

Because I consider the politicians as mere novices in the field of corruption and power grabbing politics.
I intend to call out the real 'champions' of our policy making who have gotten us into the mess we are in and that is the Army.

Enough of the stupid sloganeering supporting and saluting the uniformed killers and looters.

Gazoo is a coward who says stupid things but does not have the courage to listen to tough answers. He blocked me because he thinks Im Indian when I call out his senile rambling bullsh*t.

Ye nikla hay Lal Qilay per jhanda gaarnay aur aik 'supposed Indian' ke bat ka jawaab day nahi sakta!!
If he was anywhere near me, mein iskay jhanda wahan gaarta where the sun dont shine!

The irony of it all is that he lives in Canada in peace and quiet. Pays his taxes, gets the benefits and enjoys life and tells Pakistanis in Pakistan to 'do more' by giving MORE MONEY to the Army!!!!!

Last edited:

ahmadalikhan

MPA (400+ posts)
Because I consider the politicians as mere novices in the field of corruption and power grabbing politics.
I intend to call out the real 'champions' of our policy making who have gotten us into the mess we are in and that is the Army.

Enough of the stupid sloganeering supporting and saluting the uniformed killers and looters.

Gazoo is a coward who says stupid things but does not have the courage to listen to tough answers. He blocked me because he thinks Im Indian when I call out his senile rambling bullsh*t.

Ye nikla hay Lal Qilay per jhanda gaarnay aur aik 'supposed Indian' ke bat ka jawaab day nahi sakta!!
If he was anywhere near me, mein iskay jhanda wahan gaarta where the sun dont shine!

The irony of it all is that he lives in Canada in peace and quiet. Pays his taxes, gets the benefits and enjoys life and tells Pakistanis in Pakistan to 'do more' by giving MORE MONEY to the Army!!!!!
You call them novice

Nawaz sharif more than 25 years in politics & corruption,
Zardari 25 years in ...,
Gillani 30 years ...,
Altaf Hussain 30 yrs...
Asfand yar bachpan se....
All poiticains from childhood...

Just reply me They are Novice?

awan4ever

You call them novice

Nawaz sharif more than 25 years in politics & corruption,
Zardari 25 years in ...,
Gillani 30 years ...,
Altaf Hussain 30 yrs...
Asfand yar bachpan se....
All poiticains from childhood...

Just reply me They are Novice?

seriously?

Being in politics doesnt mean being in POWER.

How many years have the generals ruled the country as compared to the politicians?

Do the math.

awan4ever

Who is ruling now in the country? and this is the worst situation ever after the creation of Pakistan.

Who is Head of the State? Reply me in a single word Zardari or Kiyani?

The current situation is a culmination of years of destructive one-track to destruction policies of creating and abetting terrorist elements in the name of jihad. All these policies are the sole product of the military junta without any interference from the civilian government.

The head of state is a puppet figure with no real power except for manipulating small political parties.

saint

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

One is proclaimed novice and other one we want to push out .. what would we be left with ?

what are you suggesting btw ?