will there be MIDTERM ELECTION in pak

usman6062

MPA (400+ posts)
Well...Definitely Yes,
I answered yes only if Zardari continues what he is doing.
So if he continues what he is doing, then there will be mid term election according to me.
Well, it seems like Nawaz Sharif will be able to get the government. However, there will be emerging of PAKISTAN TEHREEK E INSAF on a large scale in NWFP and in PUNJAB. So i believe, Imran Khan, inshAllah, be the one of the major opposition parties coz at that time PPP will be with Nawaz Sharif Govt.

Moreover, Nawaz Sharif will also not be able to survive for 5 years and soon there shall be new election which will bring Imran Khan as the Prime Minister of Pakistan.

Thats my opinion.

Haristotle

Minister (2k+ posts)
Mr. Sharif would't vouch for mid term election unless eighteenth amendment paves way for him to become Prime minister for the third time, abrogating the condition in 17th amendment that prohibits assumption of highest office for the third time. Mr, zardar, on the other hand will try to keep status quo until his political shrewdness melts under khaki or foreign pressure .

we , the people of Pakistan, are pawns on a chess board, where a game of power is being played among many players, our blood is lighter than water , our tears and miseries are their "political talking points"

God Bless Pakistn

dukelondon

Senator (1k+ posts)
I have spent a lot of time in thinking about this and I believe the ONLY solution to the current crisis is the DEATH of Zardari. The army should get him killed (which is a very simple task for them) to save the country. Once he is dead, people will take a sigh of relief. The next thing would be for Political parties like PML-N, PML-Q and ANP to make sure that a neutral and honest person is elected president. Then the Chief of the Army staff and politicians need to make sure he gives up his presidential powers so that the supremacy of the Parliment is restored and civilian dictatorship is abolished. With Zardari out of the way, the PPP would be under immense pressure to deliver and abolish corruption. Hence, they will deliver. This is the ONLY solution because:

Army can't impose martial law because the Supreme court judges would never take oath and COAS would be in deep shit. Also, army is engaged in conflict and it would not be possible for them to run civilian affairs.

Zardari is a very shrewd guy. He will die but WONT resign under pressure of COAS. So he HAS TO DIE for the country to even hope of getting back on track. Mid-term election wont resolve any problem as long as Zardari is president and has all powers.