Why we should not listen to music- Molana Tariq Jamil Bayan (MUST WATCH)

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Good one...

But good deeds should not for only getting Janat...

Jannat is reward and best thekana for Muslim, but the good deed should be for Allah ka Qurb...

I am sure Molna means this too , but becasue it is only part of program , it is not discussed...

Pakistan_1

Citizen
Good one...

But good deeds should not for only getting Janat...

Jannat is reward and best thekana for Muslim, but the good deed should be for Allah ka Qurb...

I am sure Molna means this too , but becasue it is only part of program , it is not discussed...
Salaam All,
Indeed it was a really good speech/lesson by Mulana Tariq. Does QURAN Majeed say anything about music/singing? I heard when Mohammed (PBUH) entered to a city (not sure about the name of city) after fattah and people welcomed him by singing some song. is it true? please answer with reference.
many thanks,

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Salaam All,
Indeed it was a really good speech/lesson by Mulana Tariq. Does QURAN Majeed say anything about music/singing? I heard when Mohammed (PBUH) entered to a city (not sure about the name of city) after fattah and people welcomed him by singing some song. is it true? please answer with reference.
many thanks,

No it does not mean like that..singing is ok , if it is not for lust or sexy or vulgar...

same like picture is ok if it not for bad sense..

You could sing for allah as Allah wale people used to do , and Dunya wale used to sing for there own interests...lust , or praising girls , boys.

At that time When Rasool pak was entering Madina Shareef...Islamic codes were not complete..

and what do u think that Rasool will forbid right away when crowded with his fans who r just saying Naat and Hamd...

Naat and Hamd is ok, but vulgar songs is not....

barkat

Councller (250+ posts)
MOLANA AAP OR AAP K JESAY MOLVI PEHLAY PHOTO OR MOVIE BANANAY KO HARAAM, GUNAH-E-KABEERAH KEHTAY NAHI THAKTAY THAY,,, AAJ MASHAALLAH KHUB BAND BAJA DE HAI APNI HE QURANIC INTERPRETITION KI,,,, SAB ULAT KER RAHAY HO, (clap)(clap)(clap)
MAI KEHTA HOON PEHLAY SAB MOLVI AAM MUSALMANOON SE MAAFI MANGAIN APNI PURANI GHALAT INTERPRETATIONS KI OR KHUD KO KAM-AQAL DECLARE KERAIN ,,,, PHIR KOI OOR BAYAAN/INTERPRETATION DAIN :angry_smile::angry_smile::angry_smile:

alibaba222

Minister (2k+ posts)
mojhye 1 beyan dekha day jis may mulana sab nay movi ko halal qarar deya hoo,wasy bhee app jesy loogo nay islam ko badnam kerny ka tehka leya howa he
MOLANA AAP OR AAP K JESAY MOLVI PEHLAY PHOTO OR MOVIE BANANAY KO HARAAM, GUNAH-E-KABEERAH KEHTAY NAHI THAKTAY THAY,,, AAJ MASHAALLAH KHUB BAND BAJA DE HAI APNI HE QURANIC INTERPRETITION KI,,,, SAB ULAT KER RAHAY HO, (clap)(clap)(clap)
MAI KEHTA HOON PEHLAY SAB MOLVI AAM MUSALMANOON SE MAAFI MANGAIN APNI PURANI GHALAT INTERPRETATIONS KI OR KHUD KO KAM-AQAL DECLARE KERAIN ,,,, PHIR KOI OOR BAYAAN/INTERPRETATION DAIN :angry_smile::angry_smile::angry_smile:

Mughal1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
In the quran word JIBAAL is used which is plural form of jabal. That is from root JEEM, BAA and LAAM meaning mountain, hill, giant of a nation or heavy weight, anchor, chief of people, person in power or powerful person, person like a mountain, something or someone that is taken as an authority etc.

Prophet David had an armed force and that armed force had commanders. He comes from israelite tribes so they had tribal chiefs. So it is wrong to translate and interpret the quran the way it looks childish story book.

Prophet David did not sing to mountains and hills but people who served as his appointed chiefs and commanders in his government and armed forces and they also joined in just like muslims when they sing hamdo snaa or naats. People need to do just a little bit thinking when they read the quran before they translate and interpret it.

Mawlana taariq jameel sahib is an educated man he should be able to guide people better. May Allah have mercy on him he is only doing things out of love for Allah and rasool.

swing

Salaam All,
many thanks,

woh loog jo music ko apnay zatii MAZAY kay leye hillal kertay hain unn kay pass sirf yeh aik hee misaal hai jo sub quote kertay hain.
bakee saree batay choor doo apnay dil per hath rakhoo pehla KALIMA perhoo aur phir apnay aap say sawal karo kay kia muzic hillal hai ?
aur ager dil zinda huwa tou zaror koe na koe jawab yah tabiat mai koe shak peda hoo ga.(yaha muj se lernay say pehlay AAAZMA kay daikh loo)

Muslimpower

MPA (400+ posts)

You are using such words for a person who spend his whole life for Deen in the path of Allah.

Pakistani1947

Music in Islam in the light of Sahih Muslim and Sahih Bukhari

Following are the almost all hadeeths related to Music found in two authentic Books of Hadiths (Sahih al-Bukhari, Sahih Muslim):

Narrated Aisha: Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) came to my house while two girls were singing beside me the songs of Buath (a story about the war between the two tribes of the Ansar, the Khazraj and the Aus, before Islam). The Prophet (p.b.u.h) lay down and turned his face to the other side. Then Abu Bakr came and spoke to me harshly saying, "Musical instruments of Satan near the Prophet (p.b.u.h) ?" Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) turned his face towards him and said, "Leave them." When Abu Bakr became inattentive, I signalled to those girls to go out and they left. It was the day of 'Id, and the Black people were playing with shields and spears; so either I requested the Prophet (p.b.u.h) or he asked me whether I would like to see the display. I replied in the affirmative. Then the Prophet (p.b.u.h) made me stand behind him and my cheek was touching his cheek and he was saying, "Carry on! O Bani Arfida," till I got tired. The Prophet (p.b.u.h) asked me, "Are you satisfied (Is that sufficient for you)?" I replied in the affirmative and he told me to leave. (Sahih Bukhari, Book #15, Hadith #70)

Narrated Aisha: Abu Bakr came to my house while two small Ansari girls were singing beside me the stories of the Ansar concerning the Day of Buath. And they were not singers. Abu Bakr said protestingly, "musical instruments of Satan in the house of Allah's Apostle !" It happened on the 'Id day and Allah's Apostle said, "O Abu Bakr! There is an 'Id for every nation and this is our 'Id." (Sahih Bukhari, Book #15, Eids, Hadith #72)

Narrated Aisha: That once Abu Bakr came to her on the day of 'Id-ul-Fitr or 'Id ul Adha while the Prophet was with her and there were two girl singers with her, singing songs of the Ansar about the day of Buath. Abu Bakr said twice. "musical instrument of Satan!" But the Prophet said, "Leave them Abu Bakr, for every nation has an 'Id (i.e. festival) and this day is our 'Id." (Sahih Bukhari, Book #58, Hadith #268)

Narrated Ar-Rabi': (the daughter of Muawwidh bin Afra) After the consummation of my marriage, the Prophet came and sat on my bed as far from me as you are sitting now, and our little girls started beating the tambourines and reciting elegiac verses mourning my father who had been killed in the battle of Badr. One of them said, "Among us is a Prophet who knows what will happen tomorrow." On that the Prophet said, "Leave this (saying) and keep on saying the verses which you had been saying before." (Sahih Bukhari; Book #62, Hadith #77)

'A'isha reported: The Messenger of Allah (way peace be upon him) came (in my apartment) while there were two girls with me singing the song of the Battle of Bu'ath. He lay down on the bed and turned away his face. Then came Abu Bakr and he scolded me and said: Oh! this musical instrument of the devil in the house of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him)! The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) turned towards him and said: Leave them alone. And when he (the Holy Prophet) became unattentive, I hinted them and they went out, and it was the day of 'Id and negroes were playing with shields and speare. (I do not remember) whether I asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) or whether he said to me if I desired to see (that sport). I said: Yes. I stood behind him with his face parallel to my face, and he said: O Banu Arfada, be busy (in your sports) till I was satiated. He said (to me): Is that enough? I said: Yes. Upon this he asked me to go. (Sahih Muslim, Book #004, Hadith #1942)

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The bell is the musical instrument of the Satan. (Sahih Muslim,Book #024, Hadith #5279)

Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari: that he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection." (Sahih Bukhari,Book #69, Drinks, Hadith #494v)

You will note that after reading all these Hadeeth maximum you can get little relaxation on Eid days or during marriage ceremonies. The point to be noted that this relaxation is for the singing (not dancing) of small girls. In one of the Hadeeth the words of Abu Bakr (RA) "Musical instruments of Satan", proves that it was a norm that Musical instruments were not welcomed or liked. But Prophet Muhammad (??? ???? ???? ????) said "Leave them Abu Bakr, for every nation has an 'Id (i.e. festival) and this day is our 'Id." (Sahih Bukhari, Book #58, Hadith #268). This Hadeeth combined with other hadeeths shows permissibility or relaxation of playing music by small girls during Eid or marriage ceremony.

As an example I am posting following video so show that based on listed Sahih Bukhari and Muslim Hadeeths maximum following type Music (duff) may deems permissible:

Little girls are singing with daff music in the background.

Conclusion: The above listed hadiths can maximum justify singing (not even dancing) of little girls with daff in a non-religious activity. Singing and dancing in religious places (for example Dargah or Mazar) can not be justified in the light of above Hadeeths.

Last edited:

Abdul Allah

Minister (2k+ posts)

Let me explain how you are wrong in your thoughts
Let me try to explain that why first Ulemas(molvi as you said) were against movies

1) Creating pictures of humans and animals are not allowed.
2) First they said movie is not halal as they think that it is just like pictures
3) but latter on it was cleared to them it was not like ordinary paper picture but it works like AKAS / Reflection just as reflection on mirror or on water.
4) that is why they declare that Movie is halal as for reflection Islam did not stop.

5) you will still find that they will not said that paper pictures other than Majburi due to laws is not allowed.

I hope you will find some clarification about it

barkat

Councller (250+ posts)
You are using such words for a person who spend his whole life for Deen in the path of Allah.

brother you must love muslims, i suggest you 1 thing,,, you please join these molvees,,,, very soon you will start changing,,,, you will start hating different sects of muslims in the light of their Quranic interpretation,,,, they will weak your muslim unity,,, atlast you will become a by-product of some FIRQA and will be hating other muslim firqas ,,,, please follow IQBAL, QUAID-E-AZAM, A Q KHAN, IMRAN KHAN type of genuine personalities, atleast they did not try to divide the nation.
My question was simple, why filming and photography is allowed in front of them if it was one of severe most gunah-e-kabeerah at a time, why the molvees at that time created hatred against those who made photographed photos and videos ,,,,

Mughal1

woh loog jo music ko apnay zatii MAZAY kay leye hillal kertay hain unn kay pass sirf yeh aik hee misaal hai jo sub quote kertay hain.
bakee saree batay choor doo apnay dil per hath rakhoo pehla KALIMA perhoo aur phir apnay aap say sawal karo kay kia muzic hillal hai ?
aur ager dil zinda huwa tou zaror koe na koe jawab yah tabiat mai koe shak peda hoo ga.(yaha muj se lernay say pehlay AAAZMA kay daikh loo)

Dear swing, if we read the quran to understand it we can easily see therefrom that islam is based upon reason ie logic and evidences therefore it is a rational thing. It is not something that we conjecture about. Things are either halaal or haraam nothing in between. It is because whenever there is doubtful situation the benefit of doubt has to be given to the position that is opposite to the one that needs to prove its position on a matter.

For example, in islamic halaal and haraam rule, the burden of proof is upon the side that claims something is haraam. If it cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that something is haraam then it is taken as halaal. Likewise if an accused cannot be proven guilty then he is taken as innocent.

The question is, where does this rule come from? It comes from the quran. If we read the quran, it does not give us list of halaal things but an exemplary list of haraam things with reasons so that we could keep on adding things to it as need arises. It is therefore very clear indeed that if we cannot prove something haraam then it is halaal.

Unfortunately people read the quran and ahadith but do not bother put two and two together to see how it all comes together. This is main reason for division between people. There are certain things in the quran that cannot be any other way if they were then why none has been able to show them as such?

The question regarding music being halaal or haraam can be therefore decided clearly based of reasoning. The quran does not forbid music and story of prophet david only proves it halal. The quran only forbids things that are harmful and allows all that is beneficial for an individual as well as a society.

So it all rests on reasons whether music is beneficial for people or harmful. Not all music is good nor all bad rather it all depends on purposes it serves in various situations and various circumstances therefore what clearly qualifies as more harmful than good is haraam and the rest is fine.

It is this very rule that people cannot escape because it is a solid rule and therefore cannot get away with by just quoting a verse or hadith and saying this or that is haraam. In fact any alleged hadith that opposes this rule will prove itself invalid and even false. It is because the rule is drawn from pattern of all related quranic verses and how Allah explains things in the quran. In islam one should not make laws any other way if one does, one will be creating confusion for oneself and divide between people.

I invite people to study the quran for themselves and see for themselves how it all works fine. In fact that is the beauty of the quran that it leaves us in doubt regarding things. This is why it proves to be divine because it is on one hand free of silly things and on the other full of wisdom. It is unfortunate that people who did not do enough research on the quran have translated and interpreted it and thereby turned it into a childish book like jews and christians etc before us.

Had this book been used properly, the world would have been a great place to live in. It is still not too late we can still turn things round by listen to what this book has to say for itself. All we need to do is let the book speak for itself rather then we attributing to it silly childish things ie our make beliefs.

regards and all the best.

barkat

Councller (250+ posts)
mojhye 1 beyan dekha day jis may mulana sab nay movi ko halal qarar deya hoo,wasy bhee app jesy loogo nay islam ko badnam kerny ka tehka leya howa he
bhai meray, MOVIE se meri murad videography hai,,,, jo video/movie banai ja rahi hai in sahib ki ,,, video banana aik zamanay main bohat bara gunah batatay thay molvi hazaraat, or simple muslims jo video banatay thay unko bara gunah-gaar declare kertay thay ,,, isi terha photo lenay ko bhi
aaj ye sab molvi ku photo or video k mohtaaj hain???
ap in se pocho gay tou aisa mantiqi jawab deingay k aapko khamosh ker deingay, lakin dil ko mutmain nahi ker saktay

aaj kal jo deeni kam pakistan ko chahiyeen wo hain education / health/ ethical or civic sense of muslims/ unity/ attitute / behaviour
ye sab cheezain deen hain ,,,, ku k deen zabta e hayat hai,,, dunya sanwarna bhi deen hai

in se kaho k madrassoon main chotay bachay rape hotay hain rooz us pe bayan kerain, etc etc a long list.

barkat

Councller (250+ posts)
Let me explain how you are wrong in your thoughts
Let me try to explain that why first Ulemas(molvi as you said) were against movies

1) Creating pictures of humans and animals are not allowed.
2) First they said movie is not halal as they think that it is just like pictures
3) but latter on it was cleared to them it was not like ordinary paper picture but it works like AKAS / Reflection just as reflection on mirror or on water.
4) that is why they declare that Movie is halal as for reflection Islam did not stop.

5) you will still find that they will not said that paper pictures other than Majburi due to laws is not allowed.

I hope you will find some clarification about it

meray simple bhai you do not know deeply , listen,,,, kehtay hain jab telephone eejaad hua molvioon nai fatwa dya, kaha ismain se shaitaan bolta hai,,, photo pe dya, video making pe dya,,,
ab ye sab kam molvi khud kertay hain,,, masla ye hai k ye taang ku araatay hain ,,, in k taang aranay se islam badnaam ruswa hota hai, mazaq uraya jata hai,,, ku k baad mai wohe chez khud kernay lag jatay hain or taweelain lai ker aa jatay hain, kisi terha khud ko sahi sabit kara letay hain kisi na kisi terha se

aaj kal har firqay walay, qurani telawat ya dars ki ya natoon ki cds main well make up molvees ki pics daaltay hain,,,,, us pe ye sab ulema khamosh ku hain,,,,
ulema he nai allama iqbal k shikway pe fatwa dya, quaid e azam tak ko nahi chora ,,, islam ko khuub badnaam kiya ,,,,

i don t have time to explain all this ,,, plz kud se note kero
thanks.

Last edited:

Mughal1

In last 100 years so many fatwas were issued on many things but then they lost their appeal as people became better educated about things.

Abdul Allah

Minister (2k+ posts)
meray simple bhai you do not know deeply , listen,,,, kehtay hain jab telephone eejaad hua molvioon nai fatwa dya, kaha ismain se shaitaan bolta hai,,, photo pe dya, video making pe dya,,,
ab ye sab kam molvi khud kertay hain,,, masla ye hai k ye taang ku araatay hain ,,, in k taang aranay se islam badnaam ruswa hota hai, mazaq uraya jata hai,,, ku k baad mai wohe chez khud kernay lag jatay hain or taweelain lai ker aa jatay hain, kisi terha khud ko sahi sabit kara letay hain kisi na kisi terha se

aaj kal har firqay walay, qurani telawat ya dars ki ya natoon ki cds main well make up molvees ki pics daaltay hain,,,,, us pe ye sab ulema khamosh ku hain,,,,
ulema he nai allama iqbal k shikway pe fatwa dya, quaid e azam tak ko nahi chora ,,, islam ko khuub badnaam kiya ,,,,

i don t have time to explain all this ,,, plz kud se note kero
thanks.

If you think I do not deeply then it is just your assumption

Do you know What Ijma and Qiyas is ? you must know.
If even the example i quote did not make you to realize then what one can do.
A thing that is not in Quran or Hadith then Ulema have to decide on the basis of evidence infront of them.
And think carefully at that time who got much knowledge about the reality of digital imaging? THINK WITH CARE.

you talk about Allama Iqbal Shikwa. well without reading Jawab-e-Shikwa(think for a moment that you have not read it JAWAB-Shikawa) read Shikwa then tell me your thoughts about it.

have you read
Baat kahny ke nahi tu bhi tu harjai hy (it was directed toward Allah)
or
Hum GunahGar hai tu tu bhi to dildar nahi(again directed toward Allah)

But when Jawab-e-Shikwa came all was settled.

you talk about Quaid-Azam well I am not talking about Siasi "Ulema"(i have to call them Ulema as i can use bad words)

your problem is you can not make differnce between an Alim and Molvi/Imam of an Masjid

I think I am talking about Ulema and you have in your mind Imam of any masjid