The collapse of Imran Niazi's house of cards

Okara

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Pre-elections, the only thing done by courts and NAB was avenfield case due to panama leaks, and Supreme Court disqualifying Nawaz, again due to panama leaks.

Do you really think army were the source of panama leaks?

How do you then explain that nawaz himself wrote to Supreme Court that they should investigate panama leaks? How did the army get him to write that letter?
Yes Pak Army was behind it. If Gen Jillani/Gen Zia had refused admission of Nawaz Shareef in Institute of Pol Science GHQ, NS could never able to buy avenfield appartments.

Ratan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
And it is Boots what Maryam is licking right now.....days & nights in order to avoid her 7 years prison sentence & fly out of Pakistan.

Last edited:

surfer

Yes Pak Army was behind it. If Gen Jillani/Gen Zia had refused admission of Nawaz Shareef in Institute of Pol Science GHQ, NS could never able to buy avenfield appartments.
Lol. In many ways you are right!

Democratic

Senator (1k+ posts)
The flaw in your argument, apart from being unable to prove that saqib Nisar was an army mole (nisar wasn’t even on the panama bench - Khosa was, was he also an army mole? Plus nisar wasn’t even CJP when SC took on the Panama case); is that nawaz could not offer an explanation or credible defence to explain the source of funds. You really need to read the full JIT report and both SC judgements.

For example why did nawaz say in Parliament that they sold the factories and used that money to buy the flats, but then in Supreme Court said no, forget about that, actually the Qatari owned the flat and gave it to us in 2005 in return for some money my dad invested with his dad that he can barely recall. Did army moles get him to change his story?

It doesn’t add up...

Oh, and I don’t listen to shahid masood..
You need to real further about all this.
It was during Chief Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali's tenure that supreme court took up Panama leaks but how did it happen? The Supreme court's registrar then had rejected the PTI's petition seeking an inquiry in the Panama case. The Supreme court only took Suo moto when Niazi turned to streets and announced to lock down Islamabad. The supreme court took up this case under political pressure
Anwar Zaheer Jamali on the final day of his retirement announced the verdict asking to start a fresh trial. Once the politcized Saqib Nisar took over , he influenced the bench by all means which yeilded into making an Army dominant JIT. The bench disqualified Nawaz on Iqama and not Panama. The verdict was highly controversial and it ensued all the political turmoil every Pakistani is suffering from now.
As far as Qatari connection not being told by Nawaz in his speech, it is simple. Nawaz's speech was just a brief overview of the money trail and not a legally binding detailed response. The dracunian NAB Law "I can not prove corruption but you must tell me how you got the money and even if you tell me i am going to declare you corrupt" was used to implicate Nawaz.

EngrHaseebShahid

Minister (2k+ posts)
It is more than obvious now that something is cooking up in the federal capital since the last few weeks. This government is basically the brain child of boots and only a fool would deny the role Army played in making Niazi the prime minister. However , the decision to make Niazi wear the shirwani is proving disastrous for Pakistan as a state. Inflation has skyrocketed and the common Pakistani is under immense burden. Business activities in the country have halted like anything. The government itself is in shambles and the federal ministers are behaving like clowns. From Fawad Chaudry to Murad Saeed to Shehryar Afridi to Faisal Wawda to Usman Buzdar , its a long list of utterly incapable folks trying to run a serious show.

The government has not only failed on every front but the fact of the matter is that Niazi is not even capable to think of correcting the things. He still insists that Buzdar is Wasim Akram plus and he would be CM Punjab for five years. On the foreign policy front , Niazi's move to join hands with Turkey and Malaysia to make a new "Islamic block" has proved to be a naivety of the highest order.

Faisal Wawda's episode has only earned the government the last of the shame which was needed to seal its fate. Army wanted Niazi to shake hands with the opposition so that the show runs smoothly but Niazi decided otherwise. Striking down NAB was Niazi's move to counter the boots political engineering against him and the "allies" moving away from Niazi are boots move against Niazi. Boots have made their mind that their brain child is nothing but a loud mouth idiot who should be sacked accordingly and he shall be sacked "democratically" with in a few months. Almost every ISPR funded anchor is talking against Niazi now.

Where shall the Youthias go after this episode?
shutup heera mandi generation

Zaidi Qasim

It was during Chief Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali's tenure that supreme court took up Panama leaks but how did it happen? The Supreme court's registrar then had rejected the PTI's petition seeking an inquiry in the Panama case. The Supreme court only took Suo moto when Niazi turned to streets and announced to lock down Islamabad. The supreme court took up this case under political pressure
Anwar Zaheer Jamali on the final day of his retirement announced the verdict asking to start a fresh trial. Once the politcized Saqib Nisar took over , he influenced the bench by all means which yeilded into making an Army dominant JIT. The bench disqualified Nawaz on Iqama and not Panama. The verdict was highly controversial and it ensued all the political turmoil every Pakistani is suffering from now.
As far as Qatari connection not being told by Nawaz in his speech, it is simple. Nawaz's speech was just a brief overview of the money trail and not a legally binding detailed response. The dracunian NAB Law "I can not prove corruption but you must tell me how you got the money and even if you tell me i am going to declare you corrupt" was used to implicate Nawaz.
There is no point trying to correct the facts for the Potty heads. The only thing for last 16 months I have heard from them is the NS is corrupt and the rest of the Pakistanis are fine. Even those turn coats who have taken the refugee in Bongi Khan's lota bus protected by Boots are just fine . This NAB drama is not something new in Pakistan Politics. It was always used to victimized the opponents by many Governments. Bongi khan , Judiciary and NAB all three got together to help Bongi khan Governs without opposition and yet even with virtually no opposition , this ass hole failed miserably. The Boots involvement in every Institution is totally exposed in last 16 months, But these mules still carrying the obsolete load on the direction of Bongi Khan .

surfer

Apologies for the long post.

Well, you said it yourself. SC took up case under "political pressure". What did Army have to go with it? Lets not forget that Punjab govt tried their level best to stop the march, unlike recently when govt allowed molana free hand to march, protest, sit etc wherever he wanted. Don't blame PTI for exerting political pressure sucessfully, when PMLN, PPP and JUIF attempted to do the same a few months ago and you were supporting it.

But in any case Nawaz himself had written to SC to investigate panama leaks, so he cant complain that they did!

You're right, Jilani did offer fresh trial and the trail recommended JIT but I recall that PMLN celebrating and distributing sweets when the JIT was formed! Good times! In any case, Nawaz was given ample opportunities to provide a credible defense, the facts are that he failed to (and he wasn't helped by the various conflicting statements made by his kids on various media forums).

Lets not forget that the "politicised" Nisar also took up Hanif Abbasi's case against IK. Now don't blame IK that he was able to provide the money trail whereas Nawaz could not.

I'm afraid the Qatari connection is not that simple.

AS I recall, the explanation in the assembly, was that UAE factory was sold, money was used to set up the Jeddah factory, then the Jeddah factory was sold and money was sent to UK to buy the flats. That is not a "brief overview". In fact, who can forget those words "Sir, these are the assets from which the London flats were bought". I paraphrase, but there was no mention of Qatari then. Lets not forget the multiple interviews given by Hussein where he is saying he "bought" the flats

But then when case got to court, the story changed - out went the Jeddah leg, and in came the story that money was invested with qatri and he gave them the flat as a return on investment. The story probably changed because sharif's realised that they have no paper trail to support the UAE-Jeddah-London explanation. Unfortunately for them, they didn't have a money trail for the qatri story either...except a letter filled with hearsay and an excel spreadsheet. I still remember Maryum's tweet...."trail established, case demolished". What a joke that was :)

But you know, there is actually a way that Nawaz can come out of this as an innocent, if the qatri story is true. And it can be done in two weeks. Do you want to know how?

surfer

There is no point trying to correct the facts for the Potty heads.
Ok, please correct this one fact for me. ?

In 2012/2013 Maryum says on national TV, that "me or my brothers own no property in London."

In 2016/2017 Maryum produces a trust deed in Calibri font to the , which is dated 2005, stating that her brother owns the flat and she is a trustee.

Both statements seem to contradict each other. Please tell me which one is true? Just so, you know, I have the correct "facts".

Zaidi Qasim

Ok, please correct this one fact for me. ?

In 2012/2013 Maryum says on national TV, that "me or my brothers own no property in London."

In 2016/2017 Maryum produces a trust deed in Calibri font to the , which is dated 2005, stating that her brother owns the flat and she is a trustee.

Both statements seem to contradict each other. Please tell me which one is true? Just so, you know, I have the correct "facts".
You guys are really screwed . In order to punish someone, all you need to do is to produce evidence . You got zip all. Even after the fake JIT and its investigation , not even a single evidence of NS's corruption has been found . Their statements are having the same value of the statements of this sadiq and ameen who made several U turns and feel proud of fooling people. You need to shut the f up if you can't produce any evidence of almost 16 years of his rule. He has started lots of projects in his tenure, show one piece of any commission , kickbacks or any other bribe. Even ask Chinese who worked with him . You guys are lot of talk ... All BS all day long .

surfer

You guys are really screwed . In order to punish someone, all you need to do is to produce evidence . You got zip all. Even after the fake JIT and its investigation , not even a single evidence of NS's corruption has been found . Their statements are having the same value of the statements of this sadiq and ameen who made several U turns and feel proud of fooling people. You need to shut the f up if you can't produce any evidence of almost 16 years of his rule. He has started lots of projects in his tenure, show one piece of any commission , kickbacks or any other bribe. Even ask Chinese who worked with him . You guys are lot of talk ... All BS all day long .
I see, once again, you avoided answering the question. You’ve gotten really good at that.

I thought you were going to correct the facts for me?

Zaidi Qasim

I see, once again, you avoided answering the question. You’ve gotten really good at that.

I thought you were going to correct the facts for me?
The facts are determined in Courts. The conviction only applies when the proper evidence is given. Calling someone corrupt on Media has become a habitual arts for you guys. These are the facts which you still ignore. No one can be convicted on the bases of their statements , no statements can ever fill the gap void by evidence. I like to see an evidence of his corruption . You can't produce it and you can argue in absence of such evidence.

surfer

The facts are determined in Courts. The conviction only applies when the proper evidence is given. Calling someone corrupt on Media has become a habitual arts for you guys. These are the facts which you still ignore. No one can be convicted on the bases of their statements , no statements can ever fill the gap void by evidence. I like to see an evidence of his corruption . You can't produce it and you can argue in absence of such evidence.
Calm down man. We're not in a court of law right now, just on a web forum. I just wanted a fact corrected for myself. Trust me, your answer will not have any affect on Avenfield appeals :)

But you do have an issue with the NAB law, which unfortunately for Nawaz, places the onus on the defendant on assets beyond means cases - same as the new Unexplained Wealth Order laws, introduced by UK parliament last year. It's too bad that last PMLN or previous PPP govt didn't change these NAB laws. Maybe they thought they would never have to face NAB.

Unfortunately, Nawaz had to face the case under the NAB laws which were in place, not the laws you wished were in place.

Last edited:

Zaidi Qasim

Calm down man. We're not in a court of law right now, just on a web forum. I just wanted a fact corrected for myself. Trust me, your answer will not have any affect on Avenfield appeals :)

But you do have an issue with the NAB law, which unfortunately for Nawaz, places the onus on the defendant on assets beyond means cases - same as the new Unexplained Wealth Order laws, introduced by UK parliament last year. It's too bad that last PMLN or previous PPP govt didn't change these NAB laws. Maybe they thought they would never have to face NAB.

Unfortunately, Nawaz had to face the case under the NAB laws which were in place, not the laws you wished were in place.
Tell me smarty , if NS name appeared on Panama paper ? Are those properties have proved to be the NS properties ? Is panama trial proved NS corrupt ? What evidence the trial court was presented regarding NS's corruption ? What was the purchase price of those properties ? NAB laws clearly prove the onus on the owner of the properties to prove how it was bought, however, the onus to prove that properties belong to accused is entirely depend on the NAB with proof beyond any doubts about the owner of those properties.

Beside, show me how the money was laundered during back in 80's . Show me if the money was acquired by illicit means and show me the proof of those means with evidence. These are the facts which NAB needs to establish before accuse someone of assets beyond its means. Was the income of NS known at the time which he had outside of the country ? Don't just continue to yell corruption , show some evidence of that corruption .Don't hide behind the NAB law and place everyone behind the bar

surfer

Tell me smarty , if NS name appeared on Panama paper ? Are those properties have proved to be the NS properties ? Is panama trial proved NS corrupt ? What evidence the trial court was presented regarding NS's corruption ? What was the purchase price of those properties ? NAB laws clearly prove the onus on the owner of the properties to prove how it was bought, however, the onus to prove that properties belong to accused is entirely depend on the NAB with proof beyond any doubts about the owner of those properties.

Beside, show me how the money was laundered during back in 80's . Show me if the money was acquired by illicit means and show me the proof of those means with evidence. These are the facts which NAB needs to establish before accuse someone of assets beyond its means. Was the income of NS known at the time which he had outside of the country ? Don't just continue to yell corruption , show some evidence of that corruption .Don't hide behind the NAB law and place everyone behind the bar
Here you go. All answers are within. Happy reading!

But what about my one question?

surfer

Lol... Potty head's infraction . Read the name of the Judge at the bottom Mohammad Bashir aka GHQ poodle. This is right now in High court and the bail has been granted... Happy witch hunting my friend . Try some other trick .
I guess not every judge can be a justice Qayyum! LOL

Zaidi Qasim

Is that one who Nawaz was meeting in Raiwind and Hussein was offering bribes to?
Let me remind you. he is the one who told him that who in the GHQ is running the Government and issuing the orders and dictating Judges. Do you know when he met NS? After the decision or before it ?

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Jeez after reading this, what a delusional world these patwaris live in ! It must be hard having to jump through so many verbal and mental loops to justify ganjus corruption and conviction to themselves let alone anyone else!

At least they should be honest to themselves that yes he is corrupt and got convicted rightly but we still support him as we really don't think corruption is an actual crime.