Statements...

Salik

Senator (1k+ posts)
Assalamualaikum all...

I have a little suggestion... If admin can consider it...

We can have a segment called statements... where members can write short statements (with a word limit applied) on important incidents... so that we can keep track of everybody and prevent regular somersaults....

I would also suggest that it would be better if the topic selection is by the admin ... where they can start a thread with Topic+ A few impartial lines about some important incidents... and leave the forum open for statements only....

This could also be added to the profile where we can see the statements given by a particular member on different incidents...

كیا خیال ہے آپ لوگوں كا؟؟

swing

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Not agree !

specially topic tou hamaysha post upload kernay walay ka he hona chhaye.

thumbs_down.gif

omerkashmiri

Siasat.pk - Blogger
I wish we could keep track of statements given by our political leadership as their somersaults can no longer be counted. As far as members are concerned , most of our members have pre defined mindset and they always comment accordingly, I mean you can always predict what Jury, Classified , Geo G or Gazoo is going to say even before reading their comments.

Salik

Senator (1k+ posts)
:no::no:Censorship, Tracking.:no::no::no:

A member can have different opinion on different issues, why label the member with his previous statement.
It is a free world and I can have different opinions on different Issues.

It seems we are afraid of being accountable for what we say!!!

Yup... that is the point... a member can have different opinion on different issues... but what if a member has different opinion on the same issue or person....

There are quite a few examples for that... where people one day abusing somebody were found praising his honesty one day... was found abusing him the other day....

It was just a suggestion to keep track what everybody is doing... ....

Secondly it could be optional... so one can chose not to give a statement..

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger
It seems we are afraid of being accountable for what we say!!!

Yup... that is the point... a member can have different opinion on different issues... but what if a member has different opinion on the same issue or person....

There are quite a few examples for that... where people one day abusing somebody were found praising his honesty one day... was found abusing him the other day....

It was just a suggestion to keep track what everybody is doing... ....

Secondly it could be optional... so one can chose not to give a statement..

In humble opinion, the issue is not accountability; the issue is making a biased judgment about a member. We make a comment on some issues, negative or positive. If the opposing comments are convincing then you agree with those comments even-though you have made negative comments in the previous post.
In a normal face-to-face discussion, you made a point of disagreement but your friend gave you a solid reason against that disagreement. You normally change your mind, but if you are stubborn enough no matter what you just want to disagree.
Let us keep the minds open and let people have the Right to change their mind (or being convinced).

Let us not label them as this group or that group in association with their statements.
Jazak Allah Khair