Shinning India

sher_khan

Senator (1k+ posts)
India secularism shines - Dalit tortured for daring to wear

http://www.ndtv.com/news/india/dalit_tortured_for_daring_to_wear_shoes.php

Dalit tortured for daring to wear slippers

Even after 60 years of Independence, there still exists a side of India that is hard to believe. A Dalit man in Tamil Nadu was forced to eat human excreta because he wore slippers in the presence of upper caste people.

"They said hereafter no one should come in wearing slippers. Arokiasamy told Anbu to put human excreta into my mouth. They hit me severely on my abdomen and shoved it into my mouth," said the victim Sadayandi.

"Even men who come by cycle have to get down and push it into the village," said his wife Nagajothi.

The police took more than a week to file the First Information Report (FIR) under the Prevention of Atrocities Act. And even after that, they were not willing to book the accused. Instead, they want the victim - who is in hiding because of fear - to prove that the crime occurred.

"If this has happened he has to come forward to give some clues and explain about the incident. Only then I can go deep into this matter," said the Deputy Superintendent of Police.

The Madras High Court has now asked for an action taken report.

A few years ago, NDTV had exposed atrocities against Dalits in the state. In many areas they are forced to remove footwear before entering the village, walls deny them access, thorny fences greet them in fields they use as toilets. Even elected Panchayat leaders are forced to quit. Thanks to vote bank politics successive governments seem to have only gone soft on dominant communities.

Politically, Dalits are a divided lot in Tamil Nadu. While the state pampers them with welfare schemes, its tacit support to human rights violations by powerful dominant communities is only making things worse.

IndiaGuy

Senator (1k+ posts)
Re: India secularism shines - Dalit tortured for daring to wear

sher_khan said:

Even after 60 years of Independence, there still exists a side of India that is hard to believe. A Dalit man in Tamil Nadu was forced to eat human excreta because he wore slippers in the presence of upper caste people.

"They said hereafter no one should come in wearing slippers. Arokiasamy told Anbu to put human excreta into my mouth. They hit me severely on my abdomen and shoved it into my mouth," said the victim Sadayandi.

"Even men who come by cycle have to get down and push it into the village," said his wife Nagajothi.

The police took more than a week to file the First Information Report (FIR) under the Prevention of Atrocities Act. And even after that, they were not willing to book the accused. Instead, they want the victim - who is in hiding because of fear - to prove that the crime occurred.

"If this has happened he has to come forward to give some clues and explain about the incident. Only then I can go deep into this matter," said the Deputy Superintendent of Police.

A few years ago, NDTV had exposed atrocities against Dalits in the state. In many areas they are forced to remove footwear before entering the village, walls deny them access, thorny fences greet them in fields they use as toilets. Even elected Panchayat leaders are forced to quit. Thanks to vote bank politics successive governments seem to have only gone soft on dominant communities.

Politically, Dalits are a divided lot in Tamil Nadu. While the state pampers them with welfare schemes, its tacit support to human rights violations by powerful dominant communities is only making things worse.

Thanks for your comment. It will be published after approval.

Great Post . Eye opening.. India is working hard to resolve the issues like that but It will take some times. India Still shining...

Buzz up!

Nepali Pandit

MPA (400+ posts)
India Poverty

Hello Friends,
I have found that when people talk about India, they usually manufacture their own figures. Someone just recently said 75% to 80% of people in India live below the poverty line. Some of the politicians and news people in Pakistan also use really old data to talk about India. Most Pakistanis will be very happy to note that right now poverty in India has dropped to 17-19%. Which is still very large but an achievement none the less. Forecast for India is really good and India is one of the fastest growing economy. Lets pray to god that poverty will be history in subcontinent.

800px-BPL_Data_GOI.png

Estimates of Incidence of Poverty in India
Year Poverty ratio (%) Number of poor (million)
Rural Urban Combined Rural Urban Combined
1973-74 56.4 49 54.9 261.3 60 321.3
1977-78 53.1 45.2 51.3 264.3 64.6 328.9
1983 45.7 40.8 44.5 252 70.9 322.9
1987-88 39.1 38.2 38.9 231.9 75.2 307.1
1993-94 37.3 32.4 36 244 76.3 320.3
1999-00 27.1 23.6 26.1 193.2 67.1 260.3
2007* 21.1 15.1 19.3 170.5 49.6 220.1
* Poverty projection for 2007
Source: Tenth Five Year Plan, Vol. 1, Planning Commission

adonis_look

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

IndiaGuy said:
sher_khan said:

Thanks for your comment. It will be published after approval.

Great Post . Eye opening.. India is working hard to resolve the issues like that but It will take some times. India Still shining...

Buzz up!

It's despicable and guuilty will be punsihed to the fullect Tamilnadu's CM is dalit so god save those idiots who indulged in thsi kind of crime

adonis_look

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Re: India Poverty

You think those clowns who quote wrong number are not aware fo this fact. they know it well but spreading lies about India goes down well with Zaid Hamid groupy crowd

Nepali Pandit

MPA (400+ posts)

Media is doing immense service to India as a nation to highlight these horrific behaviour in certain remote parts of India. Hi lighting these horrific practice and punishing these so called higher cast criminals would will have positive impact on eradication of dalits as cast. India is in the right way with economy/ education progressing rapidly these thing will be history in not too distant future. India is Still Shining....and India is power for good in this world.

This dalit woman nearly became prime minister of India few years ago. She is now the chief minister of most populas state of India. There are thousands other who have made their mark. So India is shining and I hope it would shine even brighter.
004_mayawati.jpg

GraanG2

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

where does it say its for India? Looks like its taken from the survey done for Pakistan...

Pakistan Zindabad.

JIJA_JI

Banned

GraanG2 said:
where does it say its for India? Looks like its taken from the survey done for Pakistan...

Pakistan Zindabad.

It shows situation in Pakistan if you flip it.

GraanG2

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

JIJA_JI said:
GraanG2 said:

Pakistan Zindabad.

It shows situation in Pakistan if you flip it.

haha...chal bey Pakistan ki haalat itni bhi buri nahi... :mrgreen:

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم

Secularism is a double standard myth created by West to divide the rest and advance their religious agenda.

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم

I am just looking at the comments and style of indian people. How great they are thinking about themselves?
I am happy If indian people are living better.

sher_khan

Senator (1k+ posts)

Nepali Pandit said:
Media is doing immense service to India as a nation to highlight these horrific behaviour in certain remote parts of India. Hi lighting these horrific practice and punishing these so called higher cast criminals would will have positive impact on eradication of dalits as cast. India is in the right way with economy/ education progressing rapidly these thing will be history in not too distant future. India is Still Shining....and India is power for good in this world.

This dalit woman nearly became prime minister of India few years ago. She is now the chief minister of most populas state of India. There are thousands other who have made their mark. So India is shining and I hope it would shine even brighter.

Did you not get the most important part of the article that I have posted? It is that vote banks are being used to help the dominant communities of India. That is the elected people are furhtering the causes of the higher caste people. Which means that democracy is being misused and abused in India.

Also I am afraid that your dream peratining to Mayawati is a bit over-advertised. Following are the facts pertaining to Mayawati and UP:

Mayawati is a CM of the Indian state of UP. This state has a population of over 190M. Mayawati belongs to a low caste community and 50% of this state belongs to low castes ( 21% scheduled caste, 1% scheduled tribes, and 28% other backward castes). It is no fluke that a low caste individual received votes from other low caste people who happen to be a majority in the state. The other 50% include Muslims and high caste non-muslims. Her election had nothing to do with secularism it was a function of a caste based politics.
It is also interesting to know that before 2000 the state of UP used to be even bigger in population and area. However, in 2000 a new state of Uttarkhand was carved out from UP. This state has a population of 8.5M. The most interesting aspect of this state was its demographics. Unlike the current UP more than 80% of its people are either Hindu Rajputs or Brahmins. Hence a new state was created to facilitate the high caste hindus. Of course the official reason given to people was that UP is becoming too big.

I recommend you to read the Indian secularism tales to the youngs of your family at night as a fable. Indian secularism has no realistic value. It needs to be treated at its face value. That is, a work of fiction.

But all is not lost. May be you can go a little low on advertising the greatness of India and may be get yourself involved in bringing the sorry state of affairs of hundreds of millions of the low caste people of India to a more bearable set of conditions. Try to donate your money or time to these children of your lesser gods. Your government will not do anything about it because of the vote banks. Only the blessed people of India can bring change to the lives of the less blessed Indians. Only then can your India shine. And only then can your India be incredible.
Here is the website:
http://www.dalitnetwork.org/go?/dfn/donate
f

sher_khan

Senator (1k+ posts)

Do any of you indians have a financial background?
Actually, let me put it in a simpler way.
Do any of you Indians even have a thread of common sense/intelligence?
Do you really believe that they poverty is as low as close to 20% in India?

Let me give you a hint. The per day income for the international poverty line is higher than the friendly per day income used by the planning commission of india in order to please the indians.
Knowing that you guys probably got your diplomas from either some crappy institute in india or a college in USA which even admits donkeys, I'll give you two days to do the research and change your comments.
After that you will see my wrath in this thread. I'll disclose how ignorant you indians are on this forum.

In summary 42% of the indians live below the international poverty line. One can argue even 77% of the indians are having problems making their ends meet. Don't forget that there are over 1 billion people in india.
Even if there are over 300M or 400M who don't have significant financial problems, there are still more than 600M left with more than financial issues.

I'll not let anyone, let they be indians or pakistanis, condone the sorry state of affairs of the poor in the region. Specially, if they help themselves sleep at night by misinforming others that there is no significant poverty issue in the region.
Centuries of manipulative systems, like the caste one, are the reasons behind the poverty of these people.

2 days you all have to change your comments. After that I will embarrass you.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

sher_khan said:

Dalit tortured for daring to wear slippers

[clap] [clap] there you go India, keep it up, the champion of human rights.

Khan saheb, under the circumstances, can I fairly say Indians are 'shit eating' nation?? [hilar]

I was at Hawra railway station in Calcutta in 1972. As I was walking by in a huge crowd towards the ticket wicket, I noticed something on floor where 1000's of makkhis (house fly) have congregated. Curious natured as I am, I asked my host, local in Calcutta, to investigate just out of curiosity.

When I walked up to that pile of thing, I puked in disgust. It was HUMAN dead body perhaps dead for a while since flies were helping themsleves in his all open holes, ears, nose etc.

Hawra station is one of the busiest in India, 1000's of pedestrians walk by everyday but the 'lash' was just laying there for Allah only knows how long......

I suggested to him that he should call the police before any disease brakes out. He grabbed my hand and swiftly walked away saying that we would be arrested if we did that.

So shine India and dont forget the dead body and the dalit forced to eat human waste
[anger] Worse than slaves in the old US. At least those black folks had better protections.....

Then I approached the ticket window and was told in Bengali: sob ticket shesh hoya golo (we are sold out for your destination). My host quietly took out a bill of Rs5 and handed over thru the wicket and suddenly the clerk had 9 tickets to Nepal/India border for my family. we travelled and in tw days reached kathmandu, Nepal. I must admit Kathmandu was the cleanest city I had seen compared to India, Bangladesh.

Shine on India..... good job......

gazoomartian

atensari said:
Secularism is a double standard myth created by West to divide the rest and advance their religious agenda.

atensari saheb,

dalits may have become ministers and such, but the grassroot dalits are still the same.

Wasnt in Dalit cast that a little girl was married toa DOG not too long ago or was it mushar in Bihar? I cant remember, but fact still is that a little girl was married to a dog. It was in the news and we discussed in a yaho chatroom :D

gazoomartian

sher_khan said:
[quote="Nepali Pandit":2di3mfyp]Media is doing immense service to India as a nation to highlight these horrific behaviour in certain remote parts of India. Hi lighting these horrific practice and punishing these so called higher cast criminals would will have positive impact on eradication of dalits as cast. India is in the right way with economy/ education progressing rapidly these thing will be history in not too distant future. India is Still Shining....and India is power for good in this world.

Did you not get the most important part of the article that I have posted? It is that vote banks are being used to help the dominant communities of India. That is the elected people are furhtering the causes of the higher caste people. Which means that democracy is being misused and abused in India.

Also I am afraid that your dream peratining to Mayawati is a bit over-advertised. Following are the facts pertaining to Mayawati and UP:

Mayawati is a CM of the Indian state of UP. This state has a population of over 190M. Mayawati belongs to a low caste community and 50% of this state belongs to low castes ( 21% scheduled caste, 1% scheduled tribes, and 28% other backward castes). It is no fluke that a low caste individual received votes from other low caste people who happen to be a majority in the state. The other 50% include Muslims and high caste non-muslims. Her election had nothing to do with secularism it was a function of a caste based politics.
It is also interesting to know that before 2000 the state of UP used to be even bigger in population and area. However, in 2000 a new state of Uttarkhand was carved out from UP. This state has a population of 8.5M. The most interesting aspect of this state was its demographics. Unlike the current UP more than 80% of its people are either Hindu Rajputs or Brahmins. Hence a new state was created to facilitate the high caste hindus. Of course the official reason given to people was that UP is becoming too big.

I recommend you to read the Indian secularism tales to the youngs of your family at night as a fable. Indian secularism has no realistic value. It needs to be treated at its face value. That is, a work of fiction.

But all is not lost. May be you can go a little low on advertising the greatness of India and may be get yourself involved in bringing the sorry state of affairs of hundreds of millions of the low caste people of India to a more bearable set of conditions. Try to donate your money or time to these children of your lesser gods. Your government will not do anything about it because of the vote banks. Only the blessed people of India can bring change to the lives of the less blessed Indians. Only then can your India shine. And only then can your India be incredible.
Here is the website:
http://www.dalitnetwork.org/go?/dfn/donate
f[/quote:2di3mfyp]

well said khan saheb. this is the same india that these guys talk about? so they have been lying all along

India is not a democratic country. Democracy in india is pathetic, however only voting democracy does exist. for example, Indira Gandhi paid Rs5 per voter to vote for her in Gujrat, that was the news in Canadian media years ago.

Democracy in india is good for the ruling Indians only, the poor 1.2B Indian are still suffering from British raj India as they did in the days of Nehru.... pathetic at its worst

gazoomartian

atensari said:

here is the true definition of secularism in a layman's term:

keep the churches/mandirs/mosques away from the govt and people so people do not revolt against the govt. You will notice all the countries that are enjoying peace have shelved their clerics and the religious champions are not allowed to come out of closet.

Afsr

MPA (400+ posts)
1.2 Million Child Prostitutes in India

This is heartbreaking. Over one million children live treacherous and degraded lives due to being trafficked in prostitution in India. And 100 million people are involved in human trafficking in India. ONE HUNDRED MILLION. These numbers are staggering and incredibly disturbing.
This is a country that has so much poverty and yet so much promise. Business has exploded there. And yet it is definitely a country of the haves and the have notsthose who are benefitting from the business explosion and those who live in the slums in abject poverty. Opportunists play both sidesthe wealthy buy children to have sex with. The poor sell their children into prostitution. They are all players in this sick and soul-killing game.

If India as a country and as a people does not take bold steps to raise up the poor and stamp out child prostitution, they will see generations of moral and spiritual destitution and poverty that will plague them and destroy any potential greatness their country could realize.

gazoomartian

Raaz said:
I am just looking at the comments and style of indian people. How great they are thinking about themselves?
I am happy If indian people are living better.

if they only brain to think by

gazoomartian

sher_khan said:
Do any of you indians have a financial background?
Actually, let me put it in a simpler way.
Do any of you Indians even have a thread of common sense/intelligence?
Do you really believe that they poverty is as low as close to 20% in India?

Let me give you a hint. The per day income for the international poverty line is higher than the friendly per day income used by the planning commission of india in order to please the indians.
Knowing that you guys probably got your diplomats from either some crappy institute in india or a college in USA which even admits donkeys, I'll give you two days to do the research and change your comments.
After that you will see my wrath in this thread. I'll disclose how ignorant you indians are on this forum.

In summary 42% of the indians live below the international poverty line. One can argue even 77% of the indians are having problems making their ends meet. Don't forget that there are over 1 billion people in india.
Even if there are over 300M or 400M who don't have significant financial problems, there are still more than 600M left with more than financial issues.

I'll not let anyone, let they be indians or pakistanis, condone the sorry state of affairs of the poor in the region. Specially, if they help themselves sleep at night by misinforming others that there is no significant poverty issue in the region.
Centuries of manipulative systems, like the caste one, are the reasons behind the poverty of these people.

2 days you all have to change your comments. After that I will embarrass you.

these figures look pretty edited to me. How can the poverty line drop if the gap between north and south has exponentially widened. Even in south, which is blessed by US because of IT outsourcing, poors have gone poorer. The rickshaw wala compalins about the crisis (high prices), the little guy with thela in the corner complains that he can support his family because some folks are minting money and others are starving.

This graph is fabricated by either these 'india shiner's or the govt to present to the masses.....pathetic and lies.

let us know in 10 years if the graph changes by one pixel