Privatization commission spent Rs250 million on advertisements and just Rs10 million on flood relief

Geek

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Floods-Reuters-640x480.jpg

ISLAMABAD:
The Privatisation Commission has spent the majority of cash allocated for flood relief activities on advertisements, Express News has learnt.

An amount of Rs270 million was allocated for flood relief activities, but the commission spent Rs250 million on advertisements and just Rs10 million on relief.
The National Assemblys Standing Committee for Privatization has sought an explanation from Secretary Privatizaion over the issue.
The committee has asked the secretary to explain under which law an amount of Rs250 million, allocated for flood relief activities, has been spent on advertisements.
The Standing Committee meeting, which was presided over by chairman Malik Bilal Rehman, will take up the issue at its next meeting.
Correction: An earlier version of this story incorrectly quoted that Rs260 million was spent on ad campaigns for flood relief. The correct figure is Rs250 million, while sum total of expenditure was Rs260 million.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/192158/advertising-scam-rs250m-flood-relief-funds-spent-on-ad-campaigns/

faqira786

Senator (1k+ posts)
Re: Privatization commission spent 25 crore on advertisement out of 27crore of the total amount of flood releif fund

Mr Zardari is the President of Pakistan. I have doubt that Rs10 million goes to relief.

You should check the doucment in detail again. I am very positive that poor people get nothing in Zardari era

pakiace

Banned
Re: Privatization commission spent 25 crore on advertisement out of 27crore of the total amount of flood releif fund

Mr Zardari is the President of Pakistan. I have doubt that Rs10 million goes to relief.

You should check the doucment in detail again. I am very positive that poor people get nothing in Zardari era

Are you the same girl who once used to applaud and praise zardari?
Well if you've had a change in views - welcome to the club of SANITY where ignorance has a zero tolerance policy! good luck

Coming back at the flood relief funds well 1 of a 1000 issues brought under the lime light depicting 1 of 10000 corruption cases in our country

i remember my masahl-e-rah's quote: WE WILL STOP WAR AGAINST TERRORISM AND INITIATE WAR AGAINST CORRUPTION '' IMRAN KHAN ''

So all you condemning imran khan will keep turning up back here pointing corruption and poverty in Pakistan but wont limelight the solution to your worries!

bravo

Banned

even indian gave 25 million $ (220Crore Rupee in pak currency)to Zardari accounts of corruption (bigsmile)(bigsmile)

smalltimepro

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

even indian gave 25 million $ (220Crore Rupee in pak currency)to Zardari accounts of corruption (bigsmile)(bigsmile)

clever move....:)