Please stopping using word Lawatat.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
OP has just raised an non issue
And thats the problem right there, we spend waaay tooo much time on such frivolous issues that we totally end up neglecting the things we should be concentrating on. Islam is Pakistan has be diluted so much by these frivolous non issues that what exists in Pakistan today is religion but not Islam. So desified mullahtronic version of it

Everybody is just jumping up and down on the length of peoples beards, is this guys shalwar above his ankles or not, if her dupatta wrapped around properly, whether this guy has done some ghustakhi, or wheter that guy has done some behurmati so on and so forth.

Visionartist

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
jı loot aleh salam Allah key pasandeeda tareen bandoon sey they. yeh lafz istemal karna bohat hi na munasib hey- meyN apsey ittefaq karta hoon

Hunter_

MPA (400+ posts)
Man we get up everyday thinking of new ways to get offended. It's like saying if there is a murderer and rapist by the name of Mohammed we cannot say anything bad to him because he is named after our beloved Prophet s.a.w. This reasonng is absolutely non-sensical.

The word Looti is a very common slur in the middle east and lot of other Arab countries. By this no one intends to slur any holy figure but it is understood to mean what it means.

So yeah can we stop getting offended all the time about everything?
I agree with you brother but just my opinion to be careful if a Muslim brother is getting offended so to respect him I will not use it, keeping in mind that Muslim brother is getting offended for the respect of a Prophet so we should respect that

Rambler

And thats the problem right there, we spend waaay tooo much time on such frivolous issues that we totally end up neglecting the things we should be concentrating on. Islam is Pakistan has be diluted so much by these frivolous non issues that what exists in Pakistan today is religion but not Islam. So desified mullahtronic version of it

Everybody is just jumping up and down on the length of peoples beards, is this guys shalwar above his ankles or not, if her dupatta wrapped around properly, whether this guy has done some ghustakhi, or wheter that guy has done some behurmati so on and so forth.

No issue is a non-issue. Every issue and its response shapes us as a an individual and as a society. The problem comes when people don't concentrate on their area of expertise and zeitgeist of the age. This issue has to do with the respect we give to the Prophets of God which is a pillar of faith for muslims. The point is simple - Just like you would not call worshippers of fire as Ibraheemi, a more appropriate word could be used for homosexuals and sodomites in urdu and that's that. You can agree or disagree with that and go back to your business of lofty ideas and changing the world with your brilliance.

I agree with you that things should not go to extremes and violence should never be an option in such matters. Every issue should get the attention it deserves - Nothing more, nothing less. For this you need trained minds with the ability to apply these rigorously and carry out critical analysis. Now this is where educational system comes in which is another discussion in itself.

P.S: Unfortunately we lag behind in social sciences much more than in science and technology (which everyone talks about all the time) and are not even aware of it.

Last edited:

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
No issue is a non-issue.
I disagree, this is a typical example of a non issue. It is nothing but a distraction, waste of time and effort,. Have you noticed how this non issue has sidelined why this term was highlighted in the first place, that these mullahs and muftis are fucking young boys in madrassas.

Now no one is talking about that real issue but rather sidelined by this non issue just because someone found another reason to get offended......AGAIN!

Rambler

I disagree, this is a typical example of a non issue. It is nothing but a distraction, waste of time and effort,. Have you noticed how this non issue has sidelined why this term was highlighted in the first place, that these mullahs and muftis are fucking young boys in madrassas.

Now no one is talking about that real issue but rather sidelined by this non issue just because someone found another reason to get offended......AGAIN!

I would have called it quits but you moved to another tangent. Who is stopping you from championing that cause, doing a threadbare analysis, identifying causes, proposing solutions and educating the society on that issue. You should not even have wasted your time here if this was a non-issue for you. I have already given my opinion on that issue on this forum but I will recap it for you - It does not have anything to do with 'Mullahs', Any similar set-up will have the same issues be it secular or religious. Main problem is that of vulnerability - Madrassa molvis have great power on these students who have literally been thrown away by their parents for lack of resources to even feed them. A madrassa molvi is the product of the same system and should not be expected to behave differently. Same happened in the church, Having helpless kids living under the same roof day and night with adults, away from any prying eye is a recipe for disaster.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
I would have called it quits but you moved to another tangent. Who is stopping you from championing that cause, doing a threadbare analysis, identifying causes, proposing solutions and educating the society on that issue. You should not even have wasted your time here if this was a non-issue for you. I have already given my opinion on that issue on this forum but I will recap it for you - It does not have anything to do with 'Mullahs', Any similar set-up will have the same issues be it secular or religious. Main problem is that of vulnerability - Madrassa molvis have great power on these students who have literally been thrown away by their parents for lack of resources to even feed them. A madrassa molvi is the product of the same system and should not be expected to behave differently. Same happened in the church, Having helpless kids living under the same roof day and night with adults, away from any prying eye is a recipe for disaster.
Its clergy bro, clergy the dearth of all religions. Who threw away their children in the west to the church and yet there are 1000s of cases of child abuse by priests in Churches.

One of the things Islam brought was the getting rid of clergy, now you had a direct connection with God and you did not need any holy middle man in the middle. But we brought back clergy and this is the result.

M Ali Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
First of all: CALM DOWN!

Secondly: the term Lawatat / Looti is actually mentioned in Ahadith (es. Jamia Tirmzi)

GZ4v8Nh.jpg

So if Ahadith mention and describe this act as what the people of Lut did, then Muslim hazraat shouldn't squirm about its usage

Last edited:

M Ali Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Hazrat Loot PBUH Allah ke jalil ul qadar nabi thay aur aaj iss forum mein him iss had tak gir chukay hein ke bagher sochay samjhay word lawatat ka istemaal ker rehay hain ye sochay samjhay bagher ke Hazrat Loot AS ke naam ki tazlil ho rahee he.
Apne aap ko apni zaban ko qabu mein rakhain.

you might wanna watch this

p.s. Lawatat is used in Urdu translation of Jamia Tirmzi too

Last edited:

Rambler

First of all: CALM DOWN!

Secondly: the term Lawatat / Looti is actually mentioned in Ahadith (es. Jamia Tirmzi)

GZ4v8Nh.jpg

So if Ahadith mention and describe this act as what the people of Lut did, then Muslim hazraat shouldn't squirm about its usage

Here comes another one. How does 'Jo amal kre QOM e lut ka sa' translate into luatat. Can you translate 'Amal of Qom-e-Ibraheem' to Ibraheemi for fire worshippers?. Amazing its just amazing.

Rambler

Its clergy bro, clergy the dearth of all religions. Who threw away their children in the west to the church and yet there are 1000s of cases of child abuse by priests in Churches.

One of the things Islam brought was the getting rid of clergy, now you had a direct connection with God and you did not need any holy middle man in the middle. But we brought back clergy and this is the result.

I think I have made my points. You take care and be happy !

M Ali Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)

jani1

Man we get up everyday thinking of new ways to get offended. It's like saying if there is a murderer and rapist by the name of Mohammed we cannot say anything bad to him because he is named after our beloved Prophet s.a.w. This reasonng is absolutely non-sensical.
u dont make sense bro...
the thing u r saying has nothing to do with what the thrd statr has said

jani1

Thats exactly what I said, if you find it offensive then stop using it. Don't try to force your POV down other peoples throats.

کیا ''امر بالمعروف و نہی عن المنکر '' کے معنی جانتے ہو ؟​

بھلائی کا حکم دینا اور برائی سے روکنا

یہ مومن کی نشانی ہے۔۔۔

Rambler

Take it up with people who narrated the Hadith, wrote it down in Jamia Tirmzi, and then translated it too while you're at it!

79IZPHg.jpg

Source: http://www.archive.org/download/Jam...iTranslationBySheikhNazimuddinVol01Part03.pdf (pg 45-46)

We seriously need good education. The narrator of the hadith just said Qom-e-luut wala amal. Someone (and you research who that someone was) translated it to Luatat in Urdu and even this person put it in brackets. Are you this thick - No wonder we are in such state of degeneracy.

P.S: STOP WATCHING YOUTUBE VIDEOS - READ, READ CAREFULLY, READ CRITICALLY AND USE THE BRAIN ALLAH HAS GIVEN YOU.

Last edited:

jani1

We seriously need good education. The narrator of the hadith just said Qom-e-luut wala amal. Someone (and you research who that someone was) translated it to Luatat in Urdu and even this person put it in brackets. Are you this thick - No wonder we are in such state of degeneracy.

P.S: STOP WATCHING YOUTUBE VIDEOS - READ, READ CAREFULLY, READ CRITICALLY AND USE THE BRAIN ALLAH HAS GIVEN YOU.
thanks to Allah, tht Imran khan has made Arabic compulsory again, (atlst in KPK n Punjab).. so our nxt generation can learn thr religion without th hlp of any molvi or juhala lik ths guys...