Pakistan's capabilities of battlefield nuclear weapons got India worried: Times of India

crankthskunk

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Two articles from Times of India on Pakistan achieving the capability of low yield battle field weapons after the test of Nasr. What makes me laugh is the propaganda by the Indians, first the fear of these weapons could be easily slipped to the hands of undesirable. Towing the lines common with the American propaganda.

Second is even more shameful lie that India has such very well known capabilities since 1998. What the defence scientist referring here is their nuclear tests. This according to their scientists was a fizzle.

Testing a thermo device is not equal to having the capabilities of miniaturisation of tactical nuclear weapons ready to be used on battlefields.

As I have written previously, this test is the best news for Pakistan. This is the biggest deterrence against Pakistan's enemies including India. If we continue down these lines, in future nobody, including USA would look at us with bad intentions. Nobody would like to loose few thousands of their army personnel in few minutes on a battle field. This would work as the biggest deterrence for our enemies to engage in war with Pakistan. We should continue on these lines and later increase the range of our missiles and produce long range intercontinental ballistic missiles for deterrence.

Pak builds low yield nuclear capability, concern grows

May 15, 2011, 09.08pm IST

SINGAPORE: Pakistan's successful test of a missile able to carry short range nuclear weapons threatens to raise tensions in a region already nervous that the death of Osama bin Laden will create more instability.
Tactical nuclear weapons, as these are called, are often seen as more dangerous than the traditional strategic weapons because their small size and vulnerability to misuse. Theft makes them a risk to global security.

The biggest concern is that these low yield weapons are seen as less destructive and therefore more likely to be used than other classes of weapons, forcing most nuclear states to minimise the risk by cutting back stockpiles.

Pakistani experts say the country has been forced to develop tactical nuclear weapons because of India's "Cold Start" plan under which Indian troops are primed to carry out a lightning strike inside Pakistan if another Mumbai-style attack is traced back to Pakistan-based militant groups.

The military said it had tested last month the 60-km (36-mile) range NASR surface-to-surface missile which carries nuclear warheads to boost "deterrence at short ranges".

Security experts in the United States, India and Pakistan said it meant the military planned to deploy these weapons in the battlefield, escalating the regional nuclear competition that has often seemed a replay of the U.S.-Soviet rivalry during the Cold War.

"Pakistan's development and testing of nuclear-capable short-range missiles is a destabilizing and potentially dangerous development," Daryl G. Kimball, the executive director of the Washington-based Arms Control Association, said.
"It suggests that Pakistan would seriously contemplate use on the battlefield in the event of an incursion by Indian forces."

India may yet respond by mounting nuclear warheads on its shorter range missiles to meet the Pakistani threat. It tested low yield nuclear devices in 1998 but there has been no word since then on whether it has added them to its arsenal.

"Our capability in the area of low yield fission devices is well known," a former Indian defence scientist involved in the 1998 tests said, declining further comment.

Pakistan responded to India's tests with explosions of its own. Both nations have since been expanding their arsenal, Pakistan even more and at a pace that Western experts say may, within a decade, make it the fourth largest weapons power, behind the United States, Russia and China.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...ar-warheads-surface-to-surface-nuclear-states

Pakistan's fourth nuclear reactor has India worried

Sachin Parashar, May 19, 2011, 01.34is IST

NEW DELHI: Pakistan is focusing on building low-yield, tactical nuclear weapons which it can use in case of skirmishes at the border with India. After disclosures that Pakistan is building its fourth reactor at the Khushab military facility, fresh estimates made by security and intelligence officials here suggest that Pakistan now has the capability to add 8-10 such weapons in its kitty every year.

The figure is likely to go up considerably once the new reactor becomes operational in less than two years. Latest satellite images revealed recently that Pakistan has expedited work on the fourth reactor, a plutonium producing facility.
The news is a surprise, if not shock, to the government here. Its belief, based on assessment by top scientists, was that Pakistan was unlikely to undertake this sort of expansion as it did not have enough uranium.
Pakistan is internationally acknowledged to have a nuclear arsenal of 100 weapons but the recent focus on low-yield, also known as tactical, weapons has become a source of worry for India.
Former chief of joint intelligence committee S D Pradhan, who has closely followed Pakistan's nuclear-weapon program, says Pakistan's desire for such weapons is one of the main reasons for the acceleration of its nuclear program.
"They are following the Chinese model of having low-yield nuclear weapons. Pakistan believes these weapons will provide it a flexible response in case of an escalation with India and allow it to dominate," says Pradhan.
Officials and experts believe Pakistan will use it only in the case of any incursion made by Indian forces into Pakistani territory or what is known as India's cold start doctrine. In the event of another Mumbai-like terrorist attack, there is going to be real pressure on India to mount such an incursion and strike some of the terror camps.
Indian officials said the manner in which Pakistan has carried out work on the fourth reactor, of which there was no trace as late as 2009, suggest a constant supply or uranium and that this could only have been made possible by China. "The cost involved is too high and then, of course, the amount of uranium required. It's too much for Pakistan to achieve without support from China," said a senior government official.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...529_1_nuclear-arsenal-reactor-nuclear-weapons

crankthskunk

I have just left a message on Times of India website in response to a comment by an Indian. It is waiting moderation, but I am sure, they will not publish it. They never publish my comments, not on TOI but all the Indian newspapers, I wonder why?:lol::lol:

Oh please grow up. How long you are going to believe on such non-sense? Likewise Pakistanis can say all India's missiles and technology is tested by the Russian. You should know no independent and knowledgeable person would buy Indians claims of indigenous.

Why Indians capabilities are good and Pakistanis are bad? As for Indian progress or shinning, please look at the UN reports on poverty in the world. It may open your eyes, or if it is still too difficult for you, walk down on the streets of your biggest and richest city Mumbai, you will see the truth if you are honest to yourself. Then ask your Government to eliminate that crumbling poverty first.

EniGma90

Minister (2k+ posts)
but do u think that it is practical??? I mean we are striking some body with a small nuclear warhead, aren't we going to be the victim of nuclear radiation and aftershocks??? these small nukes are best for Navy, as they can hit multiple targets from submarines.

islamabadi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Two articles from Times of India on Pakistan achieving the capability of low yield battle field weapons after the test of Nasr. What makes me laugh is the propaganda by the Indians, first the fear of these weapons could be easily slipped to the hands of undesirable. Towing the lines common with the American propaganda.

Second is even more shameful lie that India has such very well known capabilities since 1998. What the defence scientist referring here is their nuclear tests. This according to their scientists was a fizzle.

Testing a thermo device is not equal to having the capabilities of miniaturisation of tactical nuclear weapons ready to be used on battlefields.

As I have written previously, this test is the best news for Pakistan. This is the biggest deterrence against Pakistan's enemies including India. If we continue down these lines, in future nobody, including USA would look at us with bad intentions. Nobody would like to loose few thousands of their army personnel in few minutes on a battle field. This would work as the biggest deterrence for our enemies to engage in war with Pakistan. We should continue on these lines and later increase the range of our missiles and produce long range intercontinental ballistic missiles for deterrence.

Yes we should build long range intercontinental ballistic missiles capable of reaching American and British cities because in every war fought by the USA since the past 50 years, UK has also participated with millitarily. Our missiles should be aimed as much on Washington as on London...

crankthskunk

Indians are really rattled from Pakistans nuclear missiles and capabilities, especially for short range battlefield weapons. Knowing fully well as time goes by it would be impossible for India to engage in an arm conflict with Pakistan.

In this article, apart from Indian assessing their nuclear capabilities the usual propaganda is used about Pakistans nuclear arsenal is unsafe and may fall in bad hands. Well, India have far more insurgencies than Pakistan, its nuclear arsenal is more likely to fall in to bad hands, compare to Pakistan. Especially when Pakistan has develop fool proof systems for its safety.

Once again the Indians are mentioning the response by Pasha but failed to mention that his response was after Indian General boosted about the Indian capabilities to launch similar incursions like USA in to Pakistan. The writer funnily also said India does not want to get in to verbal spat with Pakistan. Hmmm, yeah, you threat, boost and when answer given your General ended up admitting India does not have the capabilities like USA to launch surgical strikes or incursions.

Manmohan Singh takes stock of country's nuclear arsenal

Rajat Pandit, May 17, 2011, 04.20am IST

NEW DELHI: India on Monday took stock of its nuclear arsenal and delivery systems like long-range ballistic missiles, fighter-bombers and warships towards its quest to have an operational nuclear triad -- the capability to fire nukes from land, sea and air -- in the near future.

Sources said the top-level meet held by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was "not just a general security review'' but in fact a full-fledged Nuclear Command Authority (NCA) conference to assess the steps being taken to consolidate and strengthen India's "minimum but credible nuclear deterrence".

It comes close after ISI chief Lt-General Shuja Pasha's threat that Pakistan would give a befitting response to any Indian attempt to launch any Abbottabad-like operation since targets inside India "had already been identified'' and "rehearsals'' carried out.

This sabre-rattling comes in the backdrop of Pakistan furiously building up its nuclear arsenal, which already stands at an estimated 70 to 90 warheads compared to India's 60 to 80.

Pakistan's two new heavy-water reactors coming up at its Khushab nuclear facility are clearly geared towards producing weapons-grade plutonium to supplement its ongoing enriched uranium-based nuke programme, as reported by TOI earlier.

What has added to global concerns is the fear that jihadis may gain access to "loose nukes", enriched uranium or nuclear technology to make "dirty bombs" in the ever-deepening mess Pakistan finds itself in.

India, however, does not want to engage in a verbal spat with Pakistan. This much was evident with sources emphasizing the NCA meeting on Monday was "a routine pre-scheduled exercise" held once every three-to-six months to review the management of India's nuclear arsenal.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...-nuclear-arsenal-uranium-based-nuke-programme

Partial citation

GeoG

I have just left a message on Times of India website in response to a comment by an Indian. It is waiting moderation, but I am sure, they will not publish it. They never publish my comments, not on TOI but all the Indian newspapers, I wonder why?:lol::lol:

They never will
I have tried many times myself but never get to see them posted, specially on TOI and the Hindu

But here they barge in like Khalla Ka Ghar and create their own Propoganda Threads let alone responding on each and every post ..
Post something against RSS on their sites and see the response

Ammad Hafeez

Minister (2k+ posts)
Bro, Arrange the Indian Media Clips. Hahaha. I ever laughing out loud when they are busy in making propaganda against Pakistan :P

crankthskunk

but do u think that it is practical??? I mean we are striking some body with a small nuclear warhead, aren't we going to be the victim of nuclear radiation and aftershocks??? these small nukes are best for Navy, as they can hit multiple targets from submarines.

The point is not these missiles alone, they are just the symbol, but they could be useful, against the concentrations of enemies around the borders and to hit their formation inside their own territory. The radius of the nuclear fall out will be limited. But it can kill thousands of troops and destroy their arms and ammunition completely within a limited radius.

I hope we never have to use it, but nevertheless it is a credible deterrence. Remember Indian would have attack Pakistan last time they assembled troops near our borders, if they were not deterred due to our nuclear capabilities. Now even massing their troops near to the border in any greater numbers would be impossible. They could be taken care of with 2/3 devices where there are huge concentrations.

I am more in favor if Pakistan get the know how to produce depleted uranium ammu like the Americans and British have. Those would be more useful in conventional wars. Capable of destroying tanks, armored vehicles, other battle field equipment, and troops formations, without fear of spread of radiation to greater area. I hope we are working on it, but until then this test gives our enemies food for thoughts before taking any unwise steps.

I am not in favor of first strike, but we have to be honest to ourselves, the situation we face at the moment, every thing is welcome and acceptable to make sure our survival. Pakistan does not have design against anyone, but we have the right to defend our country with everything in our powers.

Remember the Americans are using such weapons with gusto for last few years against the Muslims. So the duplicity of the West or Indians is not worth pondering about.

Zionist Hindu

Senator (1k+ posts)
I don't know much about nuclear weopens. Nuclear woepens in the hands of unpredectible/confused country is surely a case of concern especially for India. India is a mature moderate, secular and democratic country. World rightly doesn't see India as threat as India is a soft power. Nobody knows where Pakistan is heading to. If pakistan was a mature democratic country then world would have no problem. But today pakistan is unreliable, unpredictable country where terrorism and extremism is getting hold. Neuclear technology is quite old. I think countries like USA, Russia etc would have already worked out how to neutralize such weopens before they are deployed. Afterall they had 70 years think about it. You will see if World thinks pakistani nuclear assets were unsafe they would find a way to neutralize it just a they did with OSAMA and you guys will know when about it next morning on cnn. Soviet Weopen was much more powerful than USA and Nato but they crumbled like house of cards. Biggest resource and deterace any country can have is its well educated, moderate, cultural, intellictual and hard working population. I might be biased but I think In last decades India has invested more in its population than Pakistan. That is the biggest advantage India has over pakistan. All the best with your nuclear program, parasite army and you illusional enemies.....

Pakistan1992

I don't know much about nuclear weopens. Nuclear woepens in the hands of unpredectible/confused country is surely a case of concern especially for India. India is a mature moderate, secular and democratic country. World rightly doesn't see India as threat as India is a soft power. Nobody knows where Pakistan is heading to. If pakistan was a mature democratic country then world would have no problem. But today pakistan is unreliable, unpredictable country where terrorism and extremism is getting hold. Neuclear technology is quite old. I think countries like USA, Russia etc would have already worked out how to neutralize such weopens before they are deployed. Afterall they had 70 years think about it. You will see if World thinks pakistani nuclear assets were unsafe they would find a way to neutralize it just a they did with OSAMA and you guys will know when about it next morning on cnn. Soviet Weopen was much more powerful than USA and Nato but they crumbled like house of cards. Biggest resource and deterace any country can have is its well educated, moderate, cultural, intellictual and hard working population. I might be biased but I think In last decades India has invested more in its population than Pakistan. That is the biggest advantage India has over pakistan. All the best with your nuclear program, parasite army and you illusional enemies.....
india mature and democratic country...hahaha
democratic in what sense no equality for any religion...full of HIV/AIDS
this is an old excuse from indian media and indian govt that Pakistan's nuclear weapon is in unsafe hands..hahaha..
since now u guys can't fight us because we have the nuclear weapon as well..and india wnated to destory Pakistan.but now they can't...
and the 26/11 that happened two of the most wanted terriorist have been founded in india..what's that.
26/11 was just to represent Pakistan as biggest threat to india..u funny indis...

Last edited:

Wadaich

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

They never will
I have tried many times myself but never get to see them posted, specially on TOI and the Hindu
But here they barge in like Khalla Ka Ghar and create their own Propoganda Threads let alone responding on each and every post ..
Post something against RSS on their sites and see the response

GeoG their could be some restrictions in the khala Ji's home. The Indian cyber cops seem to be here more like a Jeeja Ji or Damaad.
1. They can abuse U
2. They can ridicule Ur Ideology
3. They can freely abuse your country
4. They can attack UR values
5. They can have several fake ID's as openly admitted by them (even when through IP or Mac Address they can be traced) to spin the things.
6. Then there are many with false flag ID's posing to be Muslims or Pakistani's.
7. Then hate mongering among different schools of thought is there favourite topic.
And the list goes on...................................................................

crankthskunk

I don't know much about nuclear weopens. Nuclear woepens in the hands of unpredectible/confused country is surely a case of concern especially for India. India is a mature moderate, secular and democratic country.

First of all the proof of Pakistanis democratic credentials is the Indians are allowed to take part on this and almost all the Pakistani forums. Something you would not allow Pakistanis on your forums. So who is democratic? Plus ask your minorities, the Christians, Muslims, Dalit, low caste, who are regularly murdered by the criminals Hindus. Your democratic parties have militant wings. Even there had been clamor in the UK for your terrorists organisations raising funds in Leicester and other midland areas, where most of Gujrati Indians live.

Secondly, ask all the neighbours of India, who is an unpredictable confused bully in the region. Take it from Burma, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, China, Kashmiris, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Maldives and you will not find one friend of Indian amongst its neighbours. Fact is all your neighbours are fed up from you idiotic superiority complex and your nasty habits.

Where you got friends are like USA, Israel and to lesser degree UK. Because America want to use you one day against China like it is using Pakistan at the moment in Afghanistan and used it in the past. Once your value gone down or you are toasted between China and Pakistan it will leave you alone. Israel just want to sell you some of its weapons, which dont work when they reach your hands. [hilar][hilar] Watch the reports of your own media.

World rightly doesn't see India as threat as India is a soft power. Nobody knows where Pakistan is heading to.

Soft Power? Is this a joke? Ask your neighbours and they will tell you, you are like a mad bully who tries to bully its smaller neighbours all the time. And those who are in the know, are aware Indian has bigger problem of terrorism. With a huge difference, we are suffering because it had been imposed on us due to US policies in the region and against the Muslims all over the world. Creating hatred for them and anyone who help them. But your terrorism is home based and used against innocent minorities. You are the real terrorists killing your own citizens because of your narrow mindedness.

But today pakistan is unreliable, unpredictable country where terrorism and extremism is getting hold.

Correct yourself, first of all, the same people who are terrorists were once called Mujhahiden by the west, when they and Pakistan helped the Yankees to break up USSR. Now the shoe is on the other foot and they become baddies. But guess what now US is getting out starting from July after suffering same fate like USSR, its break up will come later, surely. Once they moved out or reduce their presence great deal your lackey Karzai would be gone you wouldnt be safe in Afghanistan. The reality of another of your so called friend will become very evident to you.

Neuclear technology is quite old. I think countries like USA, Russia etc would have already worked out how to neutralize such weopens before they are deployed. Afterall they had 70 years think about it. You will see if World thinks pakistani nuclear assets were unsafe they would find a way to neutralize it just a they did with OSAMA and you guys will know when about it next morning on cnn.

Let me deal with the first part, if they sussed it out, why they were involved in cold war for years? And why US needed the backward, unpredictable people to fight their dirty war and break up USSR? Secondly, if it is so easy, you should throw up a billion or two to buy the technology from Russia and then declare it indigenous, as usual. [hilar][hilar][hilar]

Let me burst your second bubble. You are extremely stupid to think Pakistanis were caught unaware. This is all a set up and rehearsed operation with Pakistanis. I give you a poser, if you have little brain you would wise up. There were two stealth helicopters, but there were two Chinooks. Do you have any evidence that Chinooks were stealth too? And you think Pakistanis didnt pick them up on the Radar? And what about going back they needed hour and half, plus 40 minutes for operation. You think Pakistani couldnt shot them down? Go and ask your General who within one day change his mind and declared India does not have the technology to conduct similar operations. He was probably made aware of the facts by that time.

The fact of the matter is the Americans were so stupid despite full co-operation from Pakistan they still manage to screw it up and crashed their helicopter. I will post the video of an eye witness listen to him and find out the truth about the brave American seals.

Grow up man and stop dreaming; dreaming is not good for you. Go and watch your useless Mumbai movies; what you deserve to boost your childish egos, dont waste our time.