Pakistani singer wins first prize in Turkey

khanpanni

Minister (2k+ posts)
Make old turkish script alive then it is the 4th Quranic language and we Pakistanis could learn it fast.

Unfortunately couldnt understand the meanings ?

If any nation loves Pakistan then our Turk Brothers.

Long live Turkey/Pakistan frindship.

sohails

Councller (250+ posts)
Translation

BU ADAM BENIM BABAM
This man is my father

Bu adam benim babam, sekiz kşe kasketiyle Omuzunda sakosuyla hey
Cebinde yok parası, bafradır cıgarası Yreğindedir yarası

This man is my father, with his octagonal cap with a traditional coat on his shoulders hey
Doesnt have any money in his pocket, smokes bafra* cigarettes In his heart there is a wound

Altı ocuk bytmş, bir işci maaşıyla
Bu adam benim babam hey

He raised six children on a minimum wage
This man is my father hey

Ağlama benim babam, ağlama naar babam
Kara gn geer babam hey

Dont cry my father, dont cry my powerless father
Difficult days will be over father

Bir kapıyı kapayan, gene aar babam
Ağlama benim babam hey

If a door closes another opens father
Dont cry my father hey

Ağlama mazlum babam, ağlama naar babam
Kara gn geer babam hey

Dont cry my modest father, dont cry my powerless father
Difficult days will be over father

Allah byk babam hey

Allah is great father hey**

Bu adam benim babam, derdi dağlardan byk
aresiz beli bkk hey

This man is my father, his problems are greater than the mountains
He has no way out, he is hopeless hey

Bir gn olsun glmemiş, rahat nedir bilmemiş
Gzyaşını silmemiş

He never had a smile, never knew what comfort means
He couldnt wipe off his tears

Bir lokma ekmek iin, kimseye eğilmemiş

He never sacrificed his pride for a piece of bread
This is my father hey

Ağlama arslan babam, dert etme naar babam
Kara gn geer babam hey

Dont cry my lion*** father, dont worry my powerless father
Difficult days will be over my father hey

Allah byktr babam hey

Allah is great father hey

* a very cheap brand of cigarette
** in Turkish 'hey' doesnt mean 'hello' like it does in English, it means 'come on' but in this song it expresses the singers grief.
*** lion: means as brave and authoritative as a lion. Its a common expression..

Şiir (the Actual poem)
Benim babam mert adamdı, mangal gibi yreği
My father was a brave man, his heart is like a brazier
Yufka gibi kalbi vardı, hayatım boyunca ona zendim
yet it was tender like a pastry, all my life i idolised him
Fedakrdı bir dikili ağacı olmadı belki
He was selfless, and thus didnt even have a tree of his own
Ama kendisi, onuruyla yaşayan koskoca bir ınardı
But he himself was like a well-rooted plane-tree with loads of pride
stmde ki kol kanat, sırtımı yasladığım dağ gibiydi
He was like the wings of mine, like the mountain i leaned on
Ben babamın oğluyum, tepeden tırnağa anadoluyum
I am the son of my father, from tip to toe i am the Anatolia....

Source: http://forum.pakistanidefence.com/index.php?showtopic=82982

Posted by Ababeel

Last edited:

Farooq Khan

MPA (400+ posts)
Allham-do-Lillah Pakistan and Turkey two Brother countries we need to work together in other fields as well and have this kind of Exchange programm every year Allah ham sub ko hidaiat dey Aameen.

yeh-cheez

Minister (2k+ posts)
Allham-do-Lillah Pakistan and Turkey two Brother countries we need to work together in other fields as well and have this kind of Exchange programm every year Allah ham sub ko hidaiat dey Aameen.

two brother countries..??? kia baat kar raha hay yaar..yeh kab huwa??....ask any turk...if he wants to be brothers with us..and he ll laff at us....as a nation and as a country...we have lost our image...they have realized way back that if they have to move forward in the world they have to follow lakum deen u kum waliya deen.......but we still follow sir amir liaaqat and even after he is exposed we think..tht no no....woh aisa nee hay..this is the dilemma of us meray bhai....muslim ummaah k thaika sirf hum nay uthaya hay....or aaj tak khali thaika he mila hay humain...baki sub hum say aagay nikal gaye hain....!

alham do lillah.....turkey has gone way ahead of us cz alham do lillah they have hanged thr mullahs way back and we are still blindly following them.....or reh gaee baat hidayat kee...to woh to oper say he aanee hay bhai....jub tak is jahil mullaa k pairokaar rahein gay hum...to alham do lillah....inshaAllah..humara Allah he hafiz hay..!

amigos

Voter (50+ posts)
two brother countries..??? kia baat kar raha hay yaar..yeh kab huwa??....ask any turk...if he wants to be brothers with us..and he ll laff at us....as a nation and as a country...we have lost our image...they have realized way back that if they have to move forward in the world they have to follow lakum deen u kum waliya deen.......but we still follow sir amir liaaqat and even after he is exposed we think..tht no no....woh aisa nee hay..this is the dilemma of us meray bhai....muslim ummaah k thaika sirf hum nay uthaya hay....or aaj tak khali thaika he mila hay humain...baki sub hum say aagay nikal gaye hain....!

alham do lillah.....turkey has gone way ahead of us cz alham do lillah they have hanged thr mullahs way back and we are still blindly following them.....or reh gaee baat hidayat kee...to woh to oper say he aanee hay bhai....jub tak is jahil mullaa k pairokaar rahein gay hum...to alham do lillah....inshaAllah..humara Allah he hafiz hay..!

It just shows how ignorant you are. See how you are being part of the negative campaign against Pakistan. You surely have never met a Turk.... You will not meet one, I repeat one who dislikes Pakistan.

Yes as a country we are in trouble, but that does not change the fact that Turkish and Pakistani brothers are close at heart. The video also proves how much the student was praised in Turkey on national and private media!

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO NEGATIVE......" hang the mullahs" and..."muslim ummaah k thaika sirf hum nay uthaya hay" wow what a solution! Nobody was talking about mullahs and muslim ummah here.... Plus yes it is our theka as some are born to lead. You derailed a simple thread about a Pakistani student singing in perfect Turkish and winning the first prize in Turkey.

Why did you miss those who have looted Pakistan...and brought it to this condition. They are not mullahs ( although they have hurt Pakistan in other ways)! What about the secular extremists who have dug the foundations of Pakistan by ruling it for 65 years!! and still want more. So think balanced and don't mislead people!

Its about time Pakistanis stand up to the misinformation and negative campaign!

If you cannot say anything positive, its better to not write anything. There already is a lot of negativity and we could have done with one less.

Last edited: