Pakistani pilot offers condolences after 46 years to daughter of Indian pilot he shot down in 1965 w

awan4ever

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Re: Pakistani pilot seeks apology from indian family of indian pilot he shot down 46 years ago inside pakistan airspace

The true Arab blooded warrior from the highlands of Khorasan strikes again...and misses the effin mark completely due to his lack of understaning a simple word of English although he professes to be a dr. for some reason.

Here let me help you with understanding what the letter is all about.

Nearly half-a-century after shooting down an Indian civil aircraft under orders during the 1965 war with India, a Pakistan Air Force pilot has sent a condolence message to the daughter of the pilot of the aircraft he downed.

The e-mail, with the subject line Condolence

If an opportunity ever arises that I could meet you face to face to condole the death of your father

Lets start with the meaning of the word condolence.

condolence Noun /kənˈdōləns/

Synonyms:
noun: sympathy, commiseration, compassion

condolences plural
  1. An expression of sympathy, esp. on the occasion of a death
    • we offer our sincere condolences to his widow
    • letters of condolence
The arab blooded khorasani says the pilot offers apologies for his action. I would like to ask the forum where is the word apology used in the whole letter?

Infact if you read the letter with open eyes you will see that Mr. Qais has given the reason of his letter:

Mrs Singh, I have chosen to go into this detail to tell you that it all happened in the line of duty and it was not governed by the concept that everything is fair in love and war, the way it has been portrayed by the Indian media due to lack of information.

He wanted to dispel the impression given in the Indian media that he had shot the plane without any regard to human life knowing that it was a civilian craft.

I did not play foul and went by the rules of business but the unfortunate loss of precious lives, no matter how it happens, hurts each human and I am no exception. I feel sorry for you, your family and the other seven families who lost their dearest ones.

The only place he uses the word sorry is not to SAY sorry but that he feels sorry in the AFTERMATH of the event when it was cleared up that the craft indeed was carrying civilians.
He has not apologized for doing his DUTY anywhere in the whole letter.

I would sugggest that drkjke should not only take some lessons in couting as he doesnt know how to count (as seen on this post :http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthre...year-old-maid.&p=479821&viewfull=1#post479821) but also take lessons in basic English.

alpha

MPA (400+ posts)
Re: Pakistani pilot seeks apology from indian family of indian pilot he shot down 46 years ago inside pakistan airspace

Very impressive, a true soldier and a professional from PAF.

alpha

MPA (400+ posts)

I think you didnot get 1% of what this gentleman wants to put across.

awan4ever

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Reply of the daughter to Qais Hussain.

10 August 2011 09:49
Subject: Re: Condolence
To: Qais Hussain
Dear Mr. Hussain,
Firstly, thank you for your condolences on the passing away of my brother Noshir.
I am somewhat overwhelmed at receiving this letter, even though I was expecting it as Jagan Pillarisetti had been in touch with me recently on this.
It took courage for you to write this. And for me, too, (I say this humbly) it takes the same to write back . But my father was Courage and Grace at their finest and I now speak on behalf of him, my extraordinary, gracious mother (who survived my father by just 16 years), my late brother Noshir and my elder sister in Canada who is unfortunately legally blind.
Yes, this was the one incident which defined our lives henceforth. But in all the struggles that followed, we never, not for one moment, bore bitterness or hatred for the person who actually pulled the trigger and caused my father’s death.The fact that this all happened in the confusion of a tragic war was never lost to us. We are all pawns in this terrible game of War and Peace.
A little more about my father. An ace pilot if ever there as one. A WWII veteran fighter pilot, a great leader of men, a willing team player, strong in body and spirit. This would have been just the view of an adoring daughter, had it not been reflected by all those fortunate enough to know him. Most of all was the generosity of spirit, and his intuitive understanding of the pain of others. Hence it is now easy for me to reach out my hand to receive your message. This incident is indeed a prime example of what damage strife and mindless battles can drive even good men to do.
Thank you again for your gesture. I know it was not an easy thing for you to do.
In closing, I would like to say that I have no idea as to how your email has made the front page in some prominent dailies here. (Jagan knows how publicity-shy I generally am). A friend told me about it and I then re-checked my inbox and opened your mail this morning, 4 days after you sent it.
However, I am glad that it is now public as it can do nothing but heal wounds, not just on a personal scale but in a much wider arena. And most of all, my father would have liked that it goes towards bringing a spark of forgiveness between our two peoples, who after all were one.
Warm regards,
Farida

http://beenasarwar.wordpress.com/20...istani-pilot-who-shot-her-fathers-plane-down/