Pakistan and India in the eye of William Dalrymple

nabeel117

Councller (250+ posts)
Here is the answer to those who say Pakistan is far more behind than India, by William ..........

The difference between these 2 are far far less as projected by Indian and Western media.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQj5YYqO39E[/video]

pakland

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Thank you for sharing this video this is really amazing word what u have done. Mere Bhai Nabeel Allah aap ko khush rakhe.

Pakistan Zindabad

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
nabeel117 said:
Here is the answer to those who say Pakistan is far more behind than India, by William ..........

The difference between these 2 are far far less as projected by Indian and Western media.

Hello Indians, any comments? lmao

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
It is said that "Men and Nations will do everything before doing the right thing".
We have know n these facts and now the world will know them too. Moreover there are some very interesting video clips on the same site ,do watch the one where the Military Attache to india takes on the indian chief during a lecture.
Good work.

Whats Up Doc

Councller (250+ posts)
Ok in his opinion Pakistan is not far behind. We are not looking back to see who is behind us or how far behind, we see a bright future ahead of us. Hope you guys catchup and go-ahead. You can't do that by living in world of dreams.

Whats Up Doc

Councller (250+ posts)
Star Gazer said:
It is said that "Men and Nations will do everything before doing the right thing".

can you tell me who said that. I want to check if this person is in the list of ten greatest fools or where he/she stands of that list.

FlyHigh

Senator (1k+ posts)
Whats Up Doc said:
Ok in his opinion Pakistan is not far behind.There is difference between opnion and ground reality, what he is explaining is reality We are not looking back to see who is behind us or how far behind, we see a bright future ahead of us. Hope you guys catchup and go-ahead. You can't do that by living in world of dreams.[/quote

When you come out of your dream, sit and compare your cuntry and China, comparable don't you think in size and economy and then talk. You will end up back in a Desi Bazaar where you can compare products from India and Pakistan. You ain't going to find comparable products in Best Buy and Radio Shack, that is only Made in China not India. Then you will realize you can only be compared to Pakistan. Ahmed's Pickle and Shaan Masala vs your Pickles and Masala's.

butshikan

Councller (250+ posts)
Whats Up Doc said:
Ok in his opinion Pakistan is not far behind. We are not looking back to see who is behind us or how far behind, we see a bright future ahead of us. Hope you guys catchup and go-ahead. You can't do that by living in world of dreams.

I wonder why it is a criminal conduct to drive without a rear view (mirror) [hmmm]

You are right that we can't do that while living in world of dreams ..... but let me assure you Doc that not all of us are in that world ;)

Whats Up Doc

Councller (250+ posts)
FlyHigh said:
Whats Up Doc said:
Ok in his opinion Pakistan is not far behind.There is difference between opnion and ground reality, what he is explaining is reality We are not looking back to see who is behind us or how far behind, we see a bright future ahead of us. Hope you guys catchup and go-ahead. You can't do that by living in world of dreams.[/quote

When you come out of your dream, sit and compare your cuntry and China, comparable don't you think in size and economy and then talk. You will end up back in a Desi Bazaar where you can compare products from India and Pakistan. You ain't going to find comparable products in Best Buy and Radio Shack, that is only Made in China not India. Then you will realize you can only be compared to Pakistan. Ahmed's Pickle and Shaan Masala vs your Pickles and Masala's.

I made a comment based on Mr. William Dalrymple's assessment of Pakistan. He states that "Pakistan is not far behind". I know your assessment is very different thats why I mentioned "dream world"

Whats Up Doc

Councller (250+ posts)
butshikan said:
Whats Up Doc said:

I wonder why it is a criminal conduct to drive without a rear view (mirror) [hmmm]

You are right that we can't do that while living in world of dreams ..... but let me assure you Doc that not all of us are in that world ;)

Rear view mirror is a must for those with a narrow vision only thats why we don't have one

butshikan

Councller (250+ posts)
Whats Up Doc said:
Rear view mirror is a must for those with a narrow vision only thats why we don't have one
and "those" here means the human race ;)

Oh I think I saw a "WABIT" here........ so long ears and eyes on each side no wonder a rear view not required [hilar]

Whats Up Doc

Councller (250+ posts)
butshikan said:
Whats Up Doc said:

Oh I think I saw a "WABIT" here........ so long ears and eyes on each side no wonder a rear view not required [hilar]

I am one heck of a Bunny throw me a carrot and I am your pet, as long as you pick up my droppings.

butshikan

Councller (250+ posts)
Whats Up Doc said:
butshikan said:
[quote="Whats Up Doc":3mhnt97u]

I am one heck of a Bunny throw me a carrot and I am your pet, as long as you pick up my droppings.
[/quote:3mhnt97u]

No thanks Bunny, as long as you keep your stuff on your side........ fine for me ;)

Pakistani Lion

MPA (400+ posts)
Whats Up Doc said:

You seem agreeable that Pakistan is not far behind, although I care very little about his analysis as we in Pakistan know these things anyway and don't need a white man patronising, but its good for Indians who always put Pakistanis down when they say the same things and seem to agree when a white person says them.

Whats Up Doc

Councller (250+ posts)
Pakistani Lion said:
[quote="Whats Up Doc":ouup2s67]Ok in his opinion Pakistan is not far behind. We are not looking back to see who is behind us or how far behind, we see a bright future ahead of us. Hope you guys catchup and go-ahead. You can't do that by living in world of dreams.

You seem agreeable that Pakistan is not far behind, although I care very little about his analysis as we in Pakistan know these things anyway and don't need a white man patronising, but its good for Indians who always put Pakistanis down when they say the same things and seem to agree when a white person says them.[/quote:ouup2s67]

Its a Pakistani who posted this video to him its important what a white man thinks.I did not agree with him only repeated his analysis. Puting each other down is a two way street at this forum and Just like everything ells we are much better at it.

nabeel117

Councller (250+ posts)
Whats Up Doc said:
[quote="Pakistani Lion":4utkezwu][quote="Whats Up Doc":4utkezwu]Ok in his opinion Pakistan is not far behind. We are not looking back to see who is behind us or how far behind, we see a bright future ahead of us. Hope you guys catchup and go-ahead. You can't do that by living in world of dreams.

You seem agreeable that Pakistan is not far behind, although I care very little about his analysis as we in Pakistan know these things anyway and don't need a white man patronising, but its good for Indians who always put Pakistanis down when they say the same things and seem to agree when a white person says them.[/quote:4utkezwu]

Its a Pakistani who posted this video to him its important what a white man thinks.I did not agree with him only repeated his analysis. Puting each other down is a two way street at this forum and Just like everything ells we are much better at it.
[/quote:4utkezwu]

Dear Pakistani lion/Whats up doc,

Yes I am Pakistani (AlhumduLillah). The purpose of the post was only to share some thoughts from an unbiased source, thats all. His skin colour/race doesn't matter for me and from your posts looks it doesn't to you either.

So present your views for/against the speaker's views not his origin ......

Thanks....

dil-se-desi

MPA (400+ posts)
nabeel117 said:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQj5YYqO39E[/video]

This guy is just comparing rural areas,consumer trends,roads,taliban and nexalite etc.
that is good if things are at par in some areas.Imran has presented pak's side as well.

where big difference between india and pak is visible :

INDIA:

SIZE OF ECONOMY.......no comparison(INDIA is world's 12th largest in size,4th in Purchasing Power Parity)

INDIAN MULTINATIONAL corporations....TATA,reliance,infosys,mahindra.......countless

indian space program...world's top 5

Indian rail network,high speed trains,metro trains and (bullet trains coming up)

world class engineering and management schools

world class heath care facilities and hospitals.(people from USA/EUROPE come for treatment)

domestic car /2 wheeler manufacturer.... have global presence.

GLOBAL leader in software and services.

pharmaceutical industry (global)

world's second biggest telecom market (consumer and companies)

world's largest entertainment industry.

indian private banks (global)

world's top favorite tourist destination.

HUGE public sector companies operating at global level.

big domestic private airlines operating international,

more than 500 civilian airports

emerging market for expensive cars (above 1 crore)

world's largest pool of skilled and educated manpower(unskilled labor too)

Billionaires(50 in world's top 1000 are indian as per FORBES) and billion$$ companies growing fast......

and more over OPPORTUNITIES...............................

I can add 10,000 more things

and I don't denies HUGE PROBLEM TOO. but

SUCCESS IS NOT ABSENCE OF PROBLEMS or CHALLNGES
BUT ABILITY TO FIGHT WITH IT.

I also wish you people catch india in all sectors.

gazoomartian

Pakistani Lion said:
[quote="Whats Up Doc":1ta4sg4m]Ok in his opinion Pakistan is not far behind. We are not looking back to see who is behind us or how far behind, we see a bright future ahead of us. Hope you guys catchup and go-ahead. You can't do that by living in world of dreams.

You seem agreeable that Pakistan is not far behind, although I care very little about his analysis as we in Pakistan know these things anyway and don't need a white man patronising, but its good for Indians who always put Pakistanis down when they say the same things and seem to agree when a white person says them.[/quote:1ta4sg4m]

They put us down on internet but deep down they know we are BETTER than them.
We dont drink cow urine, do we? :D

gazoomartian

butshikan said:
Whats Up Doc said:

Finally an Indian admitted that he doesnt have a vision [clap]

dil-se-desi

MPA (400+ posts)
Pakistani Lion said:
[quote="Whats Up Doc":3vqd8keg]Ok in his opinion Pakistan is not far behind. We are not looking back to see who is behind us or how far behind, we see a bright future ahead of us. Hope you guys catchup and go-ahead. You can't do that by living in world of dreams.

You seem agreeable that Pakistan is not far behind, although I care very little about his analysis as we in Pakistan know these things anyway and don't need a white man patronising, but its good for Indians who always put Pakistanis down when they say the same things and seem to agree when a white person says them.[/quote:3vqd8keg]

Its problem from both side,no indian unnecessary put others down unless provoked.
I know as on today things are not normal between india and pak.
and ur people blame india.

ur people don't remember how india use to embrace pkstnis before bombay incident.
they were making huge money from india from Tv shows,music and other way.
who is responsible ,who is not is never ending argument.