Our hero is Raja Dahir, Not, Muhammad Bin Qasim, says, ANP Minister Haji Adeel

Nepali Pandit

MPA (400+ posts)
Thanks brother Patriot for the info. I would like to add that muslim men can only marry a women from AHL_E_KITAB i.e. the follower of heavenly religions - cristian, jews etc.BUT are NOT allowed to marry hindo, budhist, farsi etc.

Does that mean we Hindu, budhist, farsi are above heaven?:5:

Nepali Pandit

MPA (400+ posts)
Don't register you child with fathers surname, use your own name before marriage and see how your Hindu / boyfriend feels about this thingie.
Don't mix respect and discipline together, these are two separate issues.

Which century you are living in. May be that would be case 100 years ago but now this is non issue for average Indian.....

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
By the way what is the ranking of BRIGHT INDIA and ENLIGHTENED HINDUS regarding WOMAN RIGHTS? :bandit:

shaheedchoudry

Minister (2k+ posts)
Quad e Azam married someone who had converted to Islam and we must also be aware that Muslim women are not allowed to marry non-Muslims, whereas men are allowed to marry non-Muslim women.
Jinnah married daughter of his best friend Ratti Dinshaw Petit. You are saying she converted to Islam.......any proof? Well, I will rather ask you provide me a proof whether Jinnah ever converted to Islam himself?

rajakhanmd

Senator (1k+ posts)
A ship with load of prostitutes was being gifted to Khalifa Al-Waleed from King of Ceylon(sri Lanka) which was captured by Raja Dahir for violating his territory. And Khalifa order Hajjaj who sent Bin Qasim to Debal. By the way, it was third attempt to capture Debal by Khalifa. First two times no ship was captured. It was a similar excuse that was used by Bush in 2003 before attacking Iraq.

I cannot quote any references but I believe there were more reason for this attack. It was a very important trade route plus some rebels taking refuge with Raja Dahir plus pirates looting trade ships in general plus looting of one particular trade ship. If my memory serves me properly, Raja Dahir was initially approached to settle things on table but he refused.

I don t know who was on that ship but even if you are right (supposedly), that is not an excuse to justify the looting of a ship and the reaction was very natural from Ummayad empire that at that time was spreading its wings like anything. Raja Dahir was asking for trouble in every way and Bin Qasim just responded to his call.

Last edited:

shaheedchoudry

Minister (2k+ posts)
I cannot quote any references but I believe there were more reason for this attack. It was a very important trade route plus some rebels taking refuge with Raja Dahir plus pirates looting trade ships in general plus looting of one particular trade ship. If my memory serves me properly, Raja Dahir was initially approached to settle things on table but he refused.

I don t know who was on that ship but even if you are right (supposedly), that is not an excuse to justify the looting of a ship and the reaction was very natural from Ummayad empire that at that time was spreading its wings like anything. Raja Dahir was asking for trouble in every way and Bin Qasim just responded to his call.
Very nice, I agree with you on most things. When you say Ummayad empire was spreading...............so they had right to impose their own world order?
Trade routes belong to nations also. We had right to charge toll.
I get upset when some people call Bin qasim a great muslim warrior and a great Mujahid. He raped Raja's both daughters by the way. And for that reason he was deposed and he was brought to justice.

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Which century you are living in. May be that would be case 100 years ago but now this is non issue for average Indian.....

You would be burned to death by your own mother, father or relatives (Satti) only 50 years ago, what 100 years you are talking about.

Nepali Pandit

MPA (400+ posts)
By the way what is the ranking of BRIGHT INDIA and ENLIGHTENED HINDUS regarding WOMAN RIGHTS? :bandit:

Obviously women right in India is much much better than woman right in any Islamic republic. i can show you videos and reports of how women are treated in Islamic countries. Worse thing is not how they are treated but the male offenders easily get away with that legally.
By the way have women started driving in Saudi Arabia?

Nepali Pandit

MPA (400+ posts)
You would be burned to death by your own mother, father or relatives (Satti) only 50 years ago, what 100 years you are talking about.

Ignorance is bliss!!!!
Sati practice was abolished more than 100 years ago. at least google it before wasting your time posting these things....
Some more info regarding Sati:
In the medival periods(after 1100A.D.) in some parts of India (like Rajputaana) bordering other nations,Religious marauders were frequently raiding,looting and plundering and arresting women (who have lost their husbands in the war) and taking them away as slaves/sex worker/Harem/conversion to Islam.Then the ladies started the practice of entering the Funeral Pyres secretly in the night time and then in day light to avoid Islamic atrocities.This practice was stopped by Raja Ram Mohan Rai’s bill.In South India below Maharashtra this practice was NEVER there in the last 10,000 years or before.If it was a Religious dictun, they should have also followed this horrondous practice.

Sati means =virtuous woman–does NOT mean “widow-burning”–There is NO Sanskrit word for Widow burning at all.–All Hindu religious literature are in Sanskrit

kapadias

MPA (400+ posts)
If you people remember, they belong to congress, they are the followers of bacha khan who always tried to break pakistan

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Ignorance is bliss!!!!
Sati practice was abolished more than 100 years ago. at least google it before wasting your time posting these things....

Ignorance is truely a BLISS - but lets see who is ignorant here

http://webjcli.ncl.ac.uk/2009/issue2
Sati (Su-thi or Suttee) is the traditional Indian (Hindu) practice of a widow immolating herself on her husband's funeral pyre. The sati tradition was prevalent among certain sects of the society in India…….

In the modern times, there have been some instances of sati in Rajasthan (1987), Utter Pradesh (2006) Madhya Pradesh (2002 and 2006) and in Chattisgarh (2008). The practice of Sati mostly happens in parts of northern and central India. Isolated incidents may be more but not reported officially that caused a lot of controversy and social turmoil in the country over and over again.
What does India's legal system have to say about this? The government of India has dropped its move to toughen the law against sati (The Times of India, April 23, 2008) This paper will examine the relevant provisions of law and as well as socio legal tangle of this issue.

M

Murshad Jee

Ignorance is bliss!!!!

Sati (practice)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the Hindu funeral practice. For other uses of the name and term "Sati", see Sati.

Sat? (Devanagari: ???, the feminine of sat "true"; also called suttee) is a funeral practice among some Hindu communities in which a recently widowed woman would either voluntarily or by use of force and coercion immolate herself on her husbands funeral pyre. This practice is now rare and outlawed in modern India.
The term is derived from the original name of the goddess Sati, also known as Dakshayani, who self-immolated because she was unable to bear her father Daksha's humiliation of her (living) husband Shiva. The term may also be used to refer to the widow herself. The term sati is now sometimes interpreted as "chaste woman."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sati_(practice)

Roop Kanwar
20040312002504603.jpg

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Roop Kanwar
Born c. 1969
Died 4 September 1987
Deorala, Sikar district, Rajasthan, India
Nationality Indian
Known for Sati
Religion Hindu
Spouse(s) Maal Singh
Roop Kanwar (c. 1969 4 September 1987) was an 18-year old Rajput woman who committed sati on 4 September 1987 at Deorala village of Sikar district in Rajasthan, India. At the time of her death, she had been married for eight months to Maal Singh, who had died a day earlier at age 24, and had no children. News reports of the incident present conflicting stories about the voluntariness of Kanwar's death. Many news reports say that she was forced to her death. However, other reports said that she told her brother-in-law to light the pyre when she was ready.
Several thousand people attended the sati event. After her death, Roop Kanwar was hailed as a sati mata -- a "sati" mother, or pure mother. The event quickly produced a public outcry in urban centres, pitting a modern Indian ideology against a traditional one. The incident led first to state level laws to prevent such incidents, then the central government's The Commission of Sati (Prevention) Act.
The original inquiries resulted in 45 people being charged with her murder; these were acquitted. A much-publicized later investigation led to the arrest of a large number of people from Deorala, said to have been present in the ceremony, or participants in it. Eventually, 11 people, including state politicians, were charged with glorification of sati. On January 31, 2004, a special court in Jaipur acquitted all of the 11 accused in the case, observing that the prosecution had failed to prove charges that they glorified sati.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roop_Kanwar

M

Murshad Jee

Widow burning (April 1988)

widowpic.gif

Sati revival in India

Her parents looked on proudly as 18-year-old Roop Kanwar was burned to death on her husband's funeral pyre in front of several thousand people. No this was not in the last century - but six months ago. And Roop did not come from a poor illiterate family in some rural backwater. She was the city-educated wife of a science graduate.

Incredibly, the outlawed custom of sati is making a come-back in India. Postcards glorifying the gruesome practice are widely available. Popular movies about widow-burning are all the rage. Although clothed in the language and symbols of Hinduism, this revival has little to do with religion - but much to do with the political power of a modern, prosperous male-dominated elite.

Roop Kanwar was burned alive in the village of Deorala - prosperous modern village two hours drive away from the city of Jaipur. Roop's father-in-law is a school teacher, her brothers-in-law well-heeled business people in the city. And the incident inspired a vigorous celebration of the serf cult led not by religious figures but by politicians.

Faced with the revival of this horror, leaders of women's movements in India are desperate to show sati in its true political colours and reveal the subtle connivance of politicians in its continuation. In Deorala, for example, the police did nothing to prevent the burning of Roop and their massive presence in the village since has served only to protect the supporters of sati.

But women campaigners are demanding that the Deroala police be indicted for not intervening; that the case against the in-laws be properly investigated and the individuals responsible be brought to trial; and that the religious community challenge politicians claiming to be representatives of a Hindu tradition.

In the long run, as Indian women activists acknowledge, only a change in the view that a woman has no worth beyond her services to her husband can obliterate this savagery.

http://www.newint.org/issue182/update.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

rajakhanmd

Senator (1k+ posts)
Very nice, I agree with you on most things. When you say Ummayad empire was spreading...............so they had right to impose their own world order?
Trade routes belong to nations also. We had right to charge toll.
I get upset when some people call Bin qasim a great muslim warrior and a great Mujahid. He raped Raja's both daughters by the way. And for that reason he was deposed and he was brought to justice.
Thanks.
Most of things that you write, like prostitutes on the ship and Bin Qasim raping anyone, I refuse to accept them as I considered this as a biased opinion of some historians. And, to think that during that era, for a power like Ummayads, to let go someone who harbored their enemies, it is not conceivable. Accepting Bin Qasim as a hero is not mandatory by any means but one should try to keep things straight. Most historians clearly write that Bin Qasim was called back when Suleman, whose animosity against Hajjaj is a clear evidence of history became the ruler.
Lets settle it instead of carrying on this debate. My hero is Bin Qasim and I consider him a great Muslim warrior. You should accept it. And, I don t have any problem if you chose Raja Dahir to be your hero. :)

hawk eyed

MPA (400+ posts)
:doh:ye to wohi bhigora aur ghaddar hai jis ne baka tha k Pakistan ka naam awami jamhoria hona chahye............koi pta krwae is ki HAJI ki degree asli hai?(hmm)