One of the Most Stupid Decision in Cricket by Pakistan by not forcing the Follow-On today

saeenji

Minister (2k+ posts)
I personally feel it was a wise decision. This wicket is already helping spinners and will deteriorate even further in next two days. We need to get to 500 tomorrow and declare. From there we should be able to win this easily. InshAllah

agreed.... if Pakistan can manage to build their lead to 500 by scoring some quick runs in the first session tomorrow and then declare..... Australia will be in serious trouble, scoring 500 runs in the last 5 sessions of a test match against quality spinners is highly unlikely.

kamyana

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Totally agreed with team management for not forcing follow on to rest bowlers and to protect fragile nature of pakistan batting while chasing.

Londonguy

Senator (1k+ posts)
So, as you believe "The whole reason was to do with how tired Pak bowlers were and to have to do it again straight away, would have let the Aussies in with a chance...."

It was only an hour's play left in the day, not even a complete session. Pakistani bowlers got the last two wickets in quick succession, though they were ready to bowl wholeheartedly for that complete session."

Anyone who is conversant with even the smatterings of cricket knows very well that '' every coach defends the decision taken by the captain or the management''. So, quoting G.Flower as an objective commentator is an abortive effort to prove your point."

Dean Jones, Ramiz Raja, Denny ... 9 out of 10 commentators of international elite panel were in favor of 'forcing the follow-on'...some said they were surprised by this decision, the others were simply baffled.

There are still pretty tangible chances that Pakistan would win the game, yet my point was not on winning and losing. My point was only on the manner of winning by writing it with eminent ink in the annals of history. Secondly, if it was the follow-on, Aussies would have lost some early wickets today in the last session. No sane captain would choose for his openers going out there to start their batting in the last hour of the day in a test match...it's too precarious, let alone call it prudent'...and the result of losing two early wickets proved this decision, too adventurous.

I stick to my guns by the dint of logic, show me a bit of it in yours.

Oh wise one

The scenario is a simple one. Bat Aus out of the game and ensure you win the series.

If you ensure defeat is impossible, you cannot lose simple really

Anyway get off your high horse and appreciate the achievement

Auss will be destroyed in the match by 250 plus runs.........

Pak will bat quick till Lunch or even longer, lead past 500 and Auss will be bowled out 5th Morning for around 230-250

OR they could just give up, surrender and be all out second time on day 4 for 150 ish and get on the flight home a day early

Res1Pect

Minister (2k+ posts)
Oh wise one

The scenario is a simple one. Bat Aus out of the game and ensure you win the series.

Pak will bat quick till Lunch or even longer, lead past 500 and Auss will be bowled out 5th Morning for around 230-250

OR they could just give up, surrender and be all out second time on day 4 for 150 ish and get on the flight home a day early

میرے بھائی میں تو دل کھول کر تعریف کرتا ہوں ان کی پرفورمنس کی ....میرا موقف صرف فالو ان پر ان کے خلاف تھا ...باقی ہر پاکستانی کی دلی خوا ہش ہے کہ پاکستان ہمیشہ جیتے ...اآمین

Londonguy

Senator (1k+ posts)
Oh wise one

میرے بھائی میں تو دل کھول کر تعریف کرتا ہوں ان کی پرفورمنس کی ....میرا موقف صرف فالو ان پر ان کے خلاف تھا ...باقی ہر پاکستانی کی دلی خوا ہش ہے کہ پاکستان ہمیشہ جیتے ...اآمین

@Res1Pect

Can I say I told you so ........

:P