Khilafat e rashida

Imran_Khan

Salam guys, I am doing a research paper for my class and I have watched Zaid Hamids brasstrack KHILAFAT E RASHIDA. I found it interesting, but I need a written source on Khilafat E Rashida for the paper. So, does anyone know know any source? Am trying to compare Khilafat E Rashida government to modern governments such as communism, democracy, dictatorship ect...

molson4u

Senator (1k+ posts)
Which version would you like the sunni or shia version?....lol Khilafat e Rashida, by many people, itself was dictatorship. Now elections were held in arabia after the death of holy Prophet Muhammad(PBUH)... bunch of people elected Hazarat Abu Baqar and declared his the 1st Khilifa...so it depends how you look at it?

Pakistani1947

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
molson4u, Imran_Khan has asked a question, if you do not know the answer, please keep quite and keep your nose out of it.
Non of the Khalifa Rashida were Sunni or Shia. They were all Muslim and used to follow Qur'aan and Sunnah only.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Salam guys, I am doing a research paper for my class and I have watched Zaid Hamids brasstrack KHILAFAT E RASHIDA. I found it interesting, but I need a written source on Khilafat E Rashida for the paper. So, does anyone know know any source? Am trying to compare Khilafat E Rashida government to modern governments such as communism, democracy, dictatorship ect...

Imran, please contact Zaid Hamid at http://brasstacks.pk/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=2&Itemid=104&lang=en

Explain your request. he would be the best source. Explain to him what you are looking for. good luck on your paper....hope you present the paper well. Salam

Last edited:

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Which version would you like the sunni or shia version?....lol Khilafat e Rashida, by many people, itself was dictatorship. Now elections were held in arabia after the death of holy Prophet Muhammad(PBUH)... bunch of people elected Hazarat Abu Baqar and declared his the 1st Khilifa...so it depends how you look at it?

They didnt need any elections. They were THE PERFECT momin and if you already have a perfect momin, you do not need to search any more. That's the kind of dictator we need in that jumhooriat crap is a disaster.

Now go and have a molson... NOT lol

awan4ever

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
@Molson

I dont know what elections are held in Arabia nowadays. Last I checked the whole of Arabia is ruled by one clan or another with some farcical elections to please the wst but basically its just dynastic monarchy.

As for the shia sunni version, please remember that this divide happenend quite a while after the end of the Khilafate Rashida so theres no place for that debate in here.
Yes there were political divisions in the selection of the Khalifahs but as history tells us, they were solved amicably and the Khilafate Rashida turned out to be the most prosperous time for the Muslims.
Also 'some people' didnt select or elect the khalifas, they were selected by a clear majority and unlike todays elections where only the votes are counted, back then the actual worth of the person being voted for was also taken into account unlike in any democracy today where any prick can be 'elected' as long as he can stuff ballot boxes!