Is wearing a tie in Islam Haram?

dukelondon

Senator (1k+ posts)
For Allah(SWT)'s sake brother, dont ask such foolish questions and dont post such foolish things. Islam is not about all this. Islam has got nothing to do with wearing a tie, wearing a shirt with buttons etc. Please understand the beauty of Islam. Its the peak of eloquence. Dont waste time on these things. Such posts make a mockery of Islam. Please try to understand this.

such bolo

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
dukelondon said:
For Allah(SWT)'s sake brother, dont ask such foolish questions and dont post such foolish things. Islam is not about all this. Islam has got nothing to do with wearing a tie, wearing a shirt with buttons etc. Please understand the beauty of Islam. Its the peak of eloquence. Dont waste time on these things. Such posts make a mockery of Islam. Please try to understand this.

Mr. dukelondon...Islam is based on two things The Holy Quran and The Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) (Hadeeth)... and the life of Prophet Muhammad (sallal laahu laihi wasallam) is the role model for us....

Therefore, if anyone tries to find or know what is allowed and what is not allowed in the light of Quran and Sunnah...I think that person is admireable....

Secondly...Tie might be a small thing...but mind it ignoring small things lead you towards ignoring bigger things.

laiq

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
good question

saath saath mien yeh bhi poochta chaloo kay kia shalwar qameez halal hai ya haram....saath mien plz yeh bhi bata dien kay kia mercury kay bunyan or underwear bhi halal hain ya nhi....???

or agar yeh bhi pata chul jai kay baaqi underwear bhi haram hain ya halal to zindagi asan hojai...

thanks you jee

khan afghan

I totally agreed with Dukelondon.Dont bring stupid questions on
this forum.Islam has nothing to do with tie.The lessons of Islam
are very clear.Isalm is not only for pakistan or arabs where
mostly people wear their traditional clothes.Islam is for the whole
world.Differnt people,different culture,differnt color they wear
differently.We should be clean in our hearts mind and sight.Justice,
equality are the basis of Islam.Give rights to your neighbour,
your sisters,your parents etc.If u wear a big truban with
shilwar qamees and dont do justice than you are useless.
come on grow up.

GeoG

Good Questions Laiq.

Aur Moulana Sofay Par Baithay Hai, Yeh Halal Hai Kia
Table Par Rakha Chay Ka Cup Printed Hai, Yeh Halal Hai Kia?

The best thing I have learned on this forum todate is one sentence from Brother Patriot (Thank you brother) and I quote

" Quran is eternal and every generation will have its own understanding of it "

This one sentence has given me a great mental relief as there are things in this World you would find questionable as per your beliefs.
Of course it does not mean that every generation start giving its own meaning to Quran but these kind of questions will not help our understanding.

laiq

O Bhai jaan, moulana nay jo topi pehn rukhi hai woh duniya ka koi islami milk nhi banata, yeh china sey aati hai or duniya mien sub sey ziada tasbeeh bhi china hi banata hai jo dunya ka sub sey bara islami mulk hai ........shayd....???

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar chor do yaar....hum subko apna zaraf thora berha lena chahyeh

Afsr

MPA (400+ posts)
Dear brothers Duke and Khan please there are two things:
Things which are happening & common and things which are happening & common BUT as a Muslim we are not suppose to do .If some one come with a question small or big we should think and see.Ignorance is not always a good policy,we have to stand in front of our Allah one day.
Name of Counsellor Ahmad Kutty
Topic Dress & Adornment

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.
It should be clear that there is nothing in the sources of Shari`ah to consider wearing a suit and tie as objectionable unless they are made of silk.

In his response to your question, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states:

Wearing a tie is not a religious symbol, nor is it considered as a part of any religious ritual associated with any particular religion or cult. It is quite frankly a custom in certain countries, and, as such, it is not at all different from other customs. The basic rule of the Shari`ah in regards to customs is that they are deemed innocent and therefore shall be considered as permissible until proven contrary to the principles of Islam or harmful or destructive to individuals or societies.

There is nothing in the sources of Shari`ah to consider wearing a suit and tie as objectionable; nor is there anything in reason or common sense that suggests it is harmful or destructive.

Wearing a suit and tie is simply a dress style peculiar to certain cultures; it is not at all different from wearing shalwar kameez. If someone says wearing shalwar kameez or sherwani kurta is haram (unlawful) because it was not worn by the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) or the Arabs, everyone will rush to state that he is being fanatical and extreme. I would also add that he is, in fact, contradicting the universal nature of Islam. Being universal in nature, Islam is not at all opposed to such customs as long as they are not deemed as harmful to individuals or societies.

It is a historical fact attesting to the universality of Islam that it has adapted itself to totally different customs and cultures which were farthest from the original Arab milieu where it was borna factor testifying to its remarkable capacity for assimilation and adaptation, thus proving its relevance for all times and places.

Let us therefore appreciate the beauty of Islam by not tying it down to specific ethnic dress styles or customs. Allah tells His Messenger, (We have sent you but as a mercy to the worlds.) (Al-Anbiya 21: 107); (And We have sent you but as a giver of good news and a warner to all people; but most people do not know.) (Saba 34: 28). The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, I have been sent as a Messenger (of Allah) unto all of humanity.

In conclusion: There is nothing in the sources of the Shari`ah to consider wearing a suit and tie as haram.
prohibition of silk is based on the explicit statement of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), Wearing silk has been forbidden for the men of my Ummah. The Prophets words are categorical in their implication, so there is no way to justify wearing pure silk in ordinary circumstances.

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Is This dress Halal?

Excuse me these r not girls.
66D5CEA8-AF72-7E6B-B535CE0F3C0070D5.jpg

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Whats problem with Ahmedinajad?

Why he is not wearing Tie anywhere?
Everybody knows that tie is religious symbol... We can live without that, depends upon u
arabs.jpg

Afsr

MPA (400+ posts)
Raaz said:
Whats problem with Ahmedinajad?

Why he is not wearing Tie anywhere?
Everybody knows that tie is religious symbol... We can live without that, depends upon u
arabs.jpg

No problem with Ahmedinajad.
:) may be he dont know how to tie a tie.

such bolo

GeoG said:
Good Questions Laiq.

The best thing I have learned on this forum todate is one sentence from Brother Patriot (Thank you brother) and I quote

This one sentence has given me a great mental relief as there are things in this World you would find questionable as per your beliefs.
Of course it does not mean that every generation start giving its own meaning to Quran but these kind of questions will not help our understanding.

Mr. GeoG...the quote from Mr. Patriot is contrary to the teachings of Islam (and by the way I know Mr. Patriot he is Rejector of Hadeeth and once during our discussion Patriot has catagorically denied praying five times a day he just believes in following Quran and for him Sunnah has nothing to do with Islam)....You must know that Prophet Muhammad's understanding of Quran is final and authoritative understanding... and it was the task of Prophet Muhammad (sallal laahu laihi wasallam) to explain the the true teachings of Islam and present a Role Model for the people to follow...and those teaching in the form of Hadeeth (Sunnah) are still intact and preserved and we are bound to follow those teachings....

Quran says:

??????? ????? ?????? ??? ??????? ??????? ???????? ????????? ?????? ????? ????????? ??????? ??????????? ????????? ???????? ??????? ?????????

" Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in the praise of Allah"
Chapter Ahzab verse 21

Proof of the importance of the Sunnah

(1) The Quraan speaks of the importance of the Sunnah, for example:

(a) Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allaah . . . [al-Nisaa 4:80] Allaah described obedience to the Prophet (peace be upon him) as being a part of obedience to Him. Then He made a connection between obedience to Him and obedience to the Prophet (peace be upon him): O you who believe! Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger . . . [al-Nisaa 4:59]

(b) Allaah warns us not to go against the Prophet (peace be upon him), and states that whoever disobeys him will be doomed to eternal Hell. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): . . . And let those who oppose the Messengers commandment beware, lest some fitnah (trial, affliction, etc.) befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them. [al-Nur 24:63]

(c) Allaah has made obedience to His Prophet a religious duty; resisting or opposing it is a sign of hypocrisy: But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you [Muhammad] judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission. [al-Nisaa 4:65]

(d) Allaah also commands His slaves to refer all disputes to him: . . . (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allaah and His Messenger . . . [al-Nisaa 4:59]

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Siasati said:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTuZZqtBrMQ[/video]

In the early age, Christians used to wear tie to symbolise a CROSS wearing around the neck. This cross came thru history in different shapes and sizes. Initially it did look like a cross and still does even tho it may have lost its charm due to multi religious soceitie across the globe....

badboy

Voter (50+ posts)
oh god
in 21 century only muslims can discuss such an importnt topic ;)
carry on dear,one should know his dress code [hilar] [hilar]

butshikan

Councller (250+ posts)
badboy said:
oh god
in 21 century only muslims can discuss such an importnt topic ;)
carry on dear,one should know his dress code [hilar] [hilar]
Gandey bacche ;)

Feeling lucky haannn.... having no dress at all (leave the code for later).... It really easy to follow Bapu and Pandit Jawahir ji at a time [hmmm]

Bandar kia jaane adrak ka maza.........

GeoG

such bolo said:
GeoG said:
Good Questions Laiq.

Mr. GeoG...the quote from Mr. Patriot is contrary to the teachings of Islam (and by the way I know Mr. Patriot he is Rejector of Hadeeth and once during our discussion Patriot has catagorically denied praying five times a day he just believes in following Quran and for him Sunnah has nothing to do with Islam)....You must know that Prophet Muhammad's understanding of Quran is final and authoritative understanding... and it was the task of Prophet Muhammad (sallal laahu laihi wasallam) to explain the the true teachings of Islam and present a Role Model for the people to follow...and those teaching in the form of Hadeeth (Sunnah) are still intact and preserved and we are bound to follow those teachings....

Quran says:

??????? ????? ?????? ??? ??????? ??????? ???????? ????????? ?????? ????? ????????? ??????? ??????????? ????????? ???????? ??????? ?????????

" Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in the praise of Allah"
Chapter Ahzab verse 21

Proof of the importance of the Sunnah

(1) The Quraan speaks of the importance of the Sunnah, for example:

(a) Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allaah . . . [al-Nisaa 4:80] Allaah described obedience to the Prophet (peace be upon him) as being a part of obedience to Him. Then He made a connection between obedience to Him and obedience to the Prophet (peace be upon him): O you who believe! Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger . . . [al-Nisaa 4:59]

(b) Allaah warns us not to go against the Prophet (peace be upon him), and states that whoever disobeys him will be doomed to eternal Hell. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): . . . And let those who oppose the Messengers commandment beware, lest some fitnah (trial, affliction, etc.) befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them. [al-Nur 24:63]

(c) Allaah has made obedience to His Prophet a religious duty; resisting or opposing it is a sign of hypocrisy: But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you [Muhammad] judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission. [al-Nisaa 4:65]

(d) Allaah also commands His slaves to refer all disputes to him: . . . (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allaah and His Messenger . . . [al-Nisaa 4:59]

Brother, I will put my hands up as I have just recently started reading Quran with translation so it will be years before I can argue on any reference from Quran. However with limited knowledge I would like to raise couple of points.

such bolo said:
Mr. GeoG...the quote from Mr. Patriot is contrary to the teachings of Islam (and by the way I know Mr. Patriot he is Rejector of Hadeeth and once during our discussion Patriot has catagorically denied praying five times a day he just believes in following Quran and for him Sunnah has nothing to do with Islam

This is hard to digest as five times prayer comes from Quran so if I wonder if your assumption about Patriots stance is accurate. Only stating you may have misunderstood him.

As you have stated in a post at the beginning of this thread and I quote:
Tie might be a small thing...but mind it ignoring small things lead you towards ignoring bigger things.
This would certainly be true if small things are against Quaran, Hadeeth, Sunnah or general preaching of Islam but we nowhere we find any hint of forbidding of tie or similar apparels and hence the words of Brother Patriot have been meaningful that every generation will have its own understanding of Quran. Please dont take it out of context, it does not mean every generation will give Quran a different meaning but every generation will add to the exiting elaborations.

I will seek Brother Tauls advice if he is reading this thread.

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Brother GeoG,

--I would have to completely agree with brother suchbolo regarding both aspects of our pristine religion and The Holy book that has remain unscathed through out centuries and will remain so till the day of Judgment.Islam has to be understood in it's entirety when reading any Ayat of The Holy Quran along with it's tafseer that addresses an appropriate context of any Ayat and hadeeth also plays an integral and a very significant role in understanding it apart from all the different things ordered by our Holy Prophet (Peace be upon him) which are incumbent upon each and every muslim to obey and follow,as in the case of Namaz we get to know how to perform it through the hadeeth amongst other things so both have to be accepted and followed,there's no pick 'n' choose and you can not either say or believe that any of it is wrong.

--No one gets to become an engineer or a qualified doctor by going over some thick volumes of the material related to those subjects,there's a huge difference between "knowledge and information",you could get your hands on some information these days by browsing over the net but for genuine knowledge you need to have company of good teachers,just as any good teacher would make things understand easy and clear for his students going about the past history and other relevant materials.If one were to simply get all the finest details by going over materials themselves then there wouldn't be any need for an academic institutes just as we submit to getting worldly knowledge by putting ourselves in schools and feel comfortable in the company of teachers similarly even though we aren't going to Islamic schools but still we need to ask and inquire all Islamic queries to Islamic Scholars who would explain any matter by giving appropriate references and then we can even follow up with the explanations provided and given by going over our religious text and material our own selves.

such bolo

This is hard to digest as five times prayer comes from Quran so if I wonder if your assumption about Patriots stance is accurate. Only stating you may have misunderstood him.

As you have stated in a post at the beginning of this thread and I quote:
Tie might be a small thing...but mind it ignoring small things lead you towards ignoring bigger things.
This would certainly be true if small things are against Quaran, Hadeeth, Sunnah or general preaching of Islam but we nowhere we find any hint of forbidding of tie or similar apparels and hence the words of Brother Patriot have been meaningful that every generation will have its own understanding of Quran. Please dont take it out of context, it does not mean every generation will give Quran a different meaning but every generation will add to the exiting elaborations.

I will seek Brother Tauls advice if he is reading this thread

of course it is hard to digest... but it is true....

I just quote some of his (patriot's) comments:

Ahadeeth ki kitaabeN tareekh ki hasiyat rakhti heN jin say us zamanay kay kuchh ahwaal maloom hotay heN,lekin yeh deen ka hissa nahiN ho saktiN

I said:

Aik aur baat mr. patriot kehtey hien k jub Quran ne lafz Salat istamaal kiya tu os wakt jo log salat qaaim ker rahey hongey onhien is lafz k meaning pata hongey isl iye inhien pata chal gaya hoga k salat kaaim kerney se kiya morad.... tu bhai mien bhi tu yehee pooch raha hon k os dor mien salat qaaim kerney k kiya matlab thaa??? aaya yeh matlab quran se milega ya os dor k kisi shuks se tumhara baraa e raast raabta hai??? yeh guthee tu soljhaao....

Mr. Patriot said:

Mr.such bolo,agar Ap waqi yeh guthee suljhana chahte hien tau pehle yeh maloom karo k masjid ka istamaal kia tha Hazoor S kay zamane mien.Koi baat nahiN thoRi si mehnat khud bhi kar lo.
Achha yeh bataaeN k dunya kay masayl kahaN beTh kar hal kiye jaare thay?LogooN ko zulm se nijaat ke mansoobe kahan bante thay? Jang ke liye afwaaj kaha se rukhsat hoti thi?
Aise hi aur bahot se sawalat ke jawab talash karo tau salat ka mutlab bhi samjh jao ge.
Allah TeAla kahte hien salat qaym karo Ap kahte hien namaz paRho.Faraq tau he na.

Brother GeoG just read the underline words... I know his group...they are follower of Ghulam Ahmed Pervaiz who was one of the rejectors of Hadeeth....Please beware of them. Jazkallah khair.

To read the complete thread wherein we (I and Mr.Patriot with his friend Typhoon) discussed the topis please check this link.
http://www.siasat.pk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3172&start=40

GeoG

Thanks a million Brothers Taul and Such Bolo
I really need to read all the thread thoroughly
so MQM Lovers 2 ghantay hain, zayada gangh na karna.

such bolo

GeoG said:
Thanks a million Brothers Taul and Such Bolo
I really need to read all the thread thoroughly
so MQM Lovers 2 ghantay hain, zayada gangh na karna.

As far as the issue of Tie is concerned I did not mean to say at all that Tie is Haram...I just wanted to say that we must try to find what is right and what is wrong in Islam no matter if the thing is small or big....as ignoring small things might bring you towards ignoring bigger things...that was my point. Taking care of small thing is the sign of Taqwa. what is the rulling of Tie... i am not aware of it as I dont wear tie.