Is wearing a tie in Islam Haram?

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
The world is going beyond Pentium-era and we, muslims, are in the grip of
such useless things. Wearing a Tie or not wearing it does not affect anything, the
main things are "deeds".

Such-bolo: on such a trifle thing/question, you have brought Quran verses Hadiths etc. Mine questions to you are:

a) The word "Hadith" has been used in Quran in many places, where it is written that
you have to follow "Hadith". Now please do not take the cover of words "Ateeho".

b) No one deny that "institution of Hadith" is disputed and carries a question mark? so it is important to screen all Hadiths through Quran.

c) All differences in Islamic Ummah are due to "Hadiths", you accept it or not but it is the biggest reality.

d) One Hadiths, Believers had/have not united it is the only "Quran" which can unite whole of Islamic Ummah.

e) Show me a Hadith, in which the present day Salaat--- starting from the words "Subhanakalahuma till the last word which we recite--- is there. It is has to only one Hadith and "agreed upon all".

I can ask you so many more question but be content that no one denies Hadiths which do not confront Quran or go against it. Unfortunately since 1300 years the "field of Hadith became a free-lancer by all and for all and that is the problem". Without Quran there will be no true guidance, and that is the ONLY Guidance.

If tie is western culture and we should not use it ok, next time cross the Atlantic on mules and camels.?

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
@ babadeena

-From your remarks it is unclear whether you follow hadeeth which are sayings of our Holy prophet (Peace be upon him) partially or do not follow them at all!!!

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
taul said:
@ babadeena
-From your remarks it is unclear whether you follow hadeeth which are sayings of our Holy prophet (Peace be upon him) partially or do not follow them at all!!!

I screen everything through Quran and for me Quran's authority is absolute and must. If it goes against Quran then I do not accept it.

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
babadeena said:
I screen everything through Quran and for me Quran's authority is absolute and must. If it goes against Quran then I do not accept it.

--So you do accept hadeeth and we all know there are weak and strong hadeeth,nothing wrong in that!! :)

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
--So you do accept hadeeth and we all know there are weak and strong hadeeth,nothing wrong in that!

@ taul,
let me rephrase the part of above sentence: "we all know there are false, self-fabricated and injected, weak and agreed by all Hadeeths". I give to you a litmus test formula with a example, perhaps it will move you a bit:
We all know that the Last sermon of our Prophet(PBUH) was held on one day, and finished in a matter of hour or few hours. Hundred thousands plus people were present there. What He had said, was said in one-stroke and was final. It was not a matter of a thing which evolution was spread over a span of time-period like performing of Slaat or any ritual that in the beginning there was something and in middle time/period, it was something and when finalized it was something. Whereas the "last sermon" was once and for all and given at a set time. Now look towards Hadiths and specially about "leaving behind something portion"

a) I leave behind you Kitab ullah, you hold it will never go astray.
b) I leave behind you two things, Kitaab and Sunnat, so..........
c) I leave behind you Kitab, Sunnat and Ahlaybait....................
Ponder on it. This is the systematic way through which after the death of our Prophet(PBUH) in a period of 50-100 years , people started free-lance type things depending upon their own creed, fiqah, group, personality and sect whatever. Therefore, Quran is the only Guidance rest everything it has to be screened through it. Last but not the least, did you learn the salaat it way from "pratices of your elders" or you got it from Hadith Bukhairi Sharif, if so, please give me that Hadith. However, we cannot and should not put a blind rejection or acceptance over Hadiths as I said earlier.
Now wearing tie, you like wear it you do not like it , do not think about it, bringing Quran, Sunnat, Hadith for such insignificant thing manifests "Jahalat"

A

abbasiali

GeoG said:
such bolo said:
GeoG said:
Good Questions Laiq.

Aur Moulana Sofay Par Baithay Hai, Yeh Halal Hai Kia
Table Par Rakha Chay Ka Cup Printed Hai, Yeh Halal Hai Kia?

The best thing I have learned on this forum todate is one sentence from Brother Patriot (Thank you brother) and I quote

" Quran is eternal and every generation will have its own understanding of it "

This one sentence has given me a great mental relief as there are things in this World you would find questionable as per your beliefs.
Of course it does not mean that every generation start giving its own meaning to Quran but these kind of questions will not help our understanding.

Mr. GeoG...the quote from Mr. Patriot is contrary to the teachings of Islam (and by the way I know Mr. Patriot he is Rejector of Hadeeth and once during our discussion Patriot has catagorically denied praying five times a day he just believes in following Quran and for him Sunnah has nothing to do with Islam)....You must know that Prophet Muhammad's understanding of Quran is final and authoritative understanding... and it was the task of Prophet Muhammad (sallal laahu laihi wasallam) to explain the the true teachings of Islam and present a Role Model for the people to follow...and those teaching in the form of Hadeeth (Sunnah) are still intact and preserved and we are bound to follow those teachings....

Quran says:

??????? ????? ?????? ??? ??????? ??????? ???????? ????????? ?????? ????? ????????? ??????? ??????????? ????????? ???????? ??????? ?????????

" Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in the praise of Allah"
Chapter Ahzab verse 21

Proof of the importance of the Sunnah

(1) The Quraan speaks of the importance of the Sunnah, for example:

(a) Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allaah . . . [al-Nisaa 4:80] Allaah described obedience to the Prophet (peace be upon him) as being a part of obedience to Him. Then He made a connection between obedience to Him and obedience to the Prophet (peace be upon him): O you who believe! Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger . . . [al-Nisaa 4:59]

(b) Allaah warns us not to go against the Prophet (peace be upon him), and states that whoever disobeys him will be doomed to eternal Hell. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): . . . And let those who oppose the Messengers commandment beware, lest some fitnah (trial, affliction, etc.) befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them. [al-Nur 24:63]

(c) Allaah has made obedience to His Prophet a religious duty; resisting or opposing it is a sign of hypocrisy: But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you [Muhammad] judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission. [al-Nisaa 4:65]

(d) Allaah also commands His slaves to refer all disputes to him: . . . (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allaah and His Messenger . . . [al-Nisaa 4:59]

Brother, I will put my hands up as I have just recently started reading Quran with translation so it will be years before I can argue on any reference from Quran. However with limited knowledge I would like to raise couple of points.

[quote="such bolo":sec2sre7]
Mr. GeoG...the quote from Mr. Patriot is contrary to the teachings of Islam (and by the way I know Mr. Patriot he is Rejector of Hadeeth and once during our discussion Patriot has catagorically denied praying five times a day he just believes in following Quran and for him Sunnah has nothing to do with Islam

This is hard to digest as five times prayer comes from Quran so if I wonder if your assumption about Patriots stance is accurate. Only stating you may have misunderstood him.

As you have stated in a post at the beginning of this thread and I quote:
Tie might be a small thing...but mind it ignoring small things lead you towards ignoring bigger things.
This would certainly be true if small things are against Quaran, Hadeeth, Sunnah or general preaching of Islam but we nowhere we find any hint of forbidding of tie or similar apparels and hence the words of Brother Patriot have been meaningful that every generation will have its own understanding of Quran. Please dont take it out of context, it does not mean every generation will give Quran a different meaning but every generation will add to the exiting elaborations.

I will seek Brother Tauls advice if he is reading this thread.
[/quote:sec2sre7]
Dear Geog,

Its so amazing to learn about you, I must appreciate your interest in Quran, I am impressed and pray that you achieve your goal with piece of mind and would get thorough authority on it. Congratulations.

Let me refer you SUCH BOLO as one of the best and authentic scholar in our forum, Taul is one of the best, Abdul tawab and biomat, are also equivalent, if you ever need to learn and need any help in terms of religion,get in touch with these guys, my recommendations would be in same sequence, I mention you above.

Jazakallah Khair.

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
My Dear Abbasi Bhai,

Thanks indeed for your appreciation and advice.
May God help us all to see the true path.

A

abbasiali

GeoG said:
My Dear Abbasi Bhai,

Thanks indeed for your appreciation and advice.
May God help us all to see the true path.
Inshallah

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
@ Brother Abbasiali

--Jazak-Allah khair brother for such kind words :)

@ brother babadeena

Now wearing tie, you like wear it you do not like it , do not think about it, bringing Quran, Sunnat, Hadith for such insignificant thing manifests "Jahalat"

--I believe brother suchbolo and I myself did not say anything about such an issue :| Now ofcourse some of the other dresses that are quite obvious to be unislamic needs not a second guess about their permissibility :)

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
It is already so long discussion has been made, I should not say any thing...
But can I ? Thanks.....

I believe it is simple if we are discussing on dress or 'Tie'

No dress is Halal or Haram in Islam, which covers the 'Satar"

As far I know , tie is the christian symbol for Jesus , that he was hanged on cross for them.

Christian wear the cross sign also, sometime cross is printed also on the jackets or shirt..
I believe no Muslim will wear that jacket or shirt with cross sign.

Tie is same thing.... It will only effect your heart when u know it.
But it will not make u christian. Neither it is Haram. It depends upon the level of IMAN and how u take it
No dress is Halal or Haram in Islam, which covers the 'Satar"

Regarding Ahadees,
Quran says , Ati-ullah wa ati-ur-rasool

This is order, how we can obey Rasool Ullah, (PBUH) now, only by Ahadees...
And Ahadees have the criteria, no doubt, it is another discussion....

Please forgive me Allah SWT , if I am wrong and give me the right way. (Ameen)

such bolo

@Abbasiali bhai, jazakallah khair for your good words...by the way I am not an Aalim at all and just an student of Islam....would to Almighty Allah that May Allah keep us on right path and give us taufeeq to follow Quran and Sunnah...the only way of salvation.

@Mr. babadeena...differences between ummah are not because of hadeeth but these differences are because of not acting upon Saheeh Hadeeth....if we all start following Quran and Sunnah there would not be any diffence among us (inshaAllah)...

It is known that first group/sect of KHAWARIJ which emerged in Islam was due to not following Sunnah and due to understanding Quran without the guidance of Sunnah, whereas they tried to understand Quran through their own intellect and unfortunatelly got stryed, and Alhamdulillah the first difference of islam was resolved through hadeeth (just go and read how the difference among Sahaba (rizwanullah e ajmain) on choosing their first Khalifa was resolved).

InshaAllah I would answer your all questions...but before that I would like to know...
what do you think of Hadeeth (Sunnah) of Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam)??? is it neccessary to understand Quran or Can quran be understood without Sunnah?

If Quran can be understood without Sunnah/Hadeeth of Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) then my question would be that how would act on instructions given by Allah in Quran like:

1) Salat/Namaz (how to perform and when to perform)
2) Salat ul Jummah (how, when etc)
3) Salat ul Mayyet (namaz e janaza) (how and when)
4) Umrah (how? and when? and why?)
5) Huj (how? when? why? who?)
6) Zakat (how? when? why? who? how much?)
7) Soum (Roza) (how? when? why? and who?)
8) Nikah (how would you differentiate between nikah and zina?)

May I ask you how would you explain above matters without the help of Sunnah?

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
It is known that first group/sect of KHAWARIJ which emerged in Islam was due to not following Sunnah and due to understanding Quran without the guidance of Sunnah, whereas they tried to understand Quran through their own intellect and unfortunatelly got stryed

First of all your assumption is totally wrong:
Definition of Khawarij:

"Anyone who walks out against (seeking to overthrow) the true appointed Imam (leader) upon whose leadership the majority is in agreement is called a Khariji. This is the case, despite whether the walking out (against the Imam) occurred in the days of the Rightly-Guided caliphs or other than them from the Tabi'een[3]."

Whereas the Shiites believed that the imamate (leadership) was the sole right of the house of Ali, the Kharijites insisted that any pious and able Muslim could be a leader of the Muslim community. And whereas the Sunnis believed that the imam's impiousness did not, by itself, justify sedition, the Kharijites insisted on the right to revolt against any ruler who deviated from the example of the Islamic prophet, Muhammad and the first two caliphs, Abu Bakr and Umar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kharijites

Such-bolo" Then speak Such. From where your assumption came that "to not following Sunnah and due to understanding Quran without the guidance of Sunnah, "

Rest discussion will proceed further only when you answer my questions first. Show me the Hadith= the one only where all text of Namaaz which we recite is mentioned and that has to be agreed one. Your questions are nothing but oft-repeated rhetoric to justify the things.

"Conjecture by now means avails of anything vis-a-viz Haq."

such bolo

First of all your assumption is totally wrong:
Definition of Khawarij:

"Anyone who walks out against (seeking to overthrow) the true appointed Imam (leader) upon whose leadership the majority is in agreement is called a Khariji. This is the case, despite whether the walking out (against the Imam) occurred in the days of the Rightly-Guided caliphs or other than them from the Tabi'een[3]."

Whereas the Shiites believed that the imamate (leadership) was the sole right of the house of Ali, the Kharijites insisted that any pious and able Muslim could be a leader of the Muslim community. And whereas the Sunnis believed that the imam's impiousness did not, by itself, justify sedition, the Kharijites insisted on the right to revolt against any ruler who deviated from the example of the Islamic prophet, Muhammad and the first two caliphs, Abu Bakr and Umar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kharijites" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kharijites

"The origin of Kharijism lies in the first Islamic civil war, the struggle for political supremacy over the Muslim community in the years following the death of Muhammad. The third caliph, Uthman ibn Affan, and a struggle for succession ensued between Ali, the cousin and son-in-law of Muhammad, and Mu?wiyah, governor of Damascus and cousin of Uthman in league with a variety of other opponents.

In 657, Al?'s forces met Mu?wiyah's at the Battle of Siffin. Initially, the battle went against Mu?wiyah. On the brink of defeat, Mu?wiyah directed his army to hoist Qur'?ns on their lances.[2] This initiated discord among some of those who were in Al?'s army. Mu?wiyah wanted to put the dispute between the two sides to arbitration in accordance with the Quran. A group of Al?'s army mutinied, demanding that Al? agree to Mu?wiyah's proposal. As a result, Al? reluctantly presented his own representative for arbitration. The mutineers, however, put forward Abu Musa al-Ash'ari against Al?'s wishes.

Mu?wiyah put forward Amr Ibn Al-As. Abu Musa al-Ash'ari was convinced by Amr to pronounce Al?'s removal as caliph even though Ali's caliphate was not meant to be the issue of concern in the arbitration. The mutineers saw the turn of events as a fundamental betrayal of principle, especially since they had initiated it; a large group of them (traditionally believed to be 12,000, mainly from Banu Hanifah and Banu Tamim tribes)[citation needed]repudiated Al?.

Citing the verse, "No rule but God's," an indication that a caliph is not a representative of God,
this group turned on both Al? and Mu?wiya, opposing Mu?wiya's rebellion against one they considered to be the rightful caliph, and opposing ?Al? for accepting to subject his legitimate authority to arbitration, thus giving away what was not his, but rather the right of the people. They became known as Kharijites: Arabic plural khaw?rij, singular Kh?rij?, derived from the verb kharaja "come out, leave the fold."

please read the underlined text.... the above quote is also from wikipedia...now it is my assumption or your negligence?. The khawarij wrongfully cited the verse of quran without due understanding of Sahaba (direct students of Prophet Muhammad (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam).

Rest discussion will proceed further only when you answer my questions first. Show me the Hadith= the one only where all text of Namaaz which we recite is mentioned and that has to be agreed one. Your questions are nothing but oft-repeated rhetoric to justify the things.

I would inshaAllah answer all your questions... but before that you must have to tell me that what do you think of Hadeeth/Sunnah? Can Quran be understood without Sunnah or not? as ofcourse I must know what is your attitude towards Sunnah/Hadeeth then I would be more comfortable to answer your questions/doubts raised. InshaAllahs

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
Ya Such-bolo!

Khawarji used to wear Tie, were they Silky one with single or double knots?
Is there any logic or base in your post(s). First you made your point that Khawarji were not following Sunnah but only Quran and that was the main reason to call them Khawarji. Ya Jaheel! read the history, Khawarji were "fed up with both factions whose agenda was nothing but politics" so they discarded both of them. From where the conflict of Sunnah/Quran came into Khawarij. If I take your berometer of judging the things then, who of the two factions was following Sunnah, definitely one of them was not, who was that then. Have some little bit sense of discussion.

Now your questions:
but before that you must have to tell me that what do you think of Hadeeth/Sunnah? Can Quran be understood without Sunnah or not? as ofcourse I must know what is your attitude towards Sunnah/Hadeeth then I would be more comfortable to answer your questions/doubts raised.
Please care to read the total thread. Mine position is well stated. No need to repeat it again and again for the shake of it. Read the bold part. Make your choice:
a) Sunnah; b) Traditions; c) Hadiths, d) Rawayaats, e) Attaat, f) practices etc. like any conjecture followers you also seem to be struggling for words to justify Hadiths.

such bolo

babadeena said:
Ya Such-bolo!

Khawarji used to wear Tie, were they Silky one with single or double knots?
Is there any logic or base in your post(s). First you made your point that Khawarji were not following Sunnah but only Quran and that was the main reason to call them Khawarji. Ya Jaheel! read the history, Khawarji were "fed up with both factions whose agenda was nothing but politics" so they discarded both of them. From where the conflict of Sunnah/Quran came into Khawarij. If I take your berometer of judging the things then, who of the two factions was following Sunnah, definitely one of them was not, who was that then. Have some little bit sense of discussion.

Now your questions:
but before that you must have to tell me that what do you think of Hadeeth/Sunnah? Can Quran be understood without Sunnah or not? as ofcourse I must know what is your attitude towards Sunnah/Hadeeth then I would be more comfortable to answer your questions/doubts raised.
Please care to read the total thread. Mine position is well stated. No need to repeat it again and again for the shake of it. Read the bold part. Make your choice:
a) Sunnah; b) Traditions; c) Hadiths, d) Rawayaats, e) Attaat, f) practices etc. like any conjecture followers you also seem to be struggling for words to justify Hadiths.

I think you are completely out of focus and you are just replying without properly reading the post...secondly you have very quickly started using bad language like Jaheel etc. it shows your mental level.

-By the way when have I related Tie with Khwarij?

-when have I said that the name of Khawarij was due to their ignorance to Sunnah? and when have I said that they completely rejected Sunnah? (I have just said that in one of the matters they tried to understand Quran with their intellect instead of getting guidance from Sunnah and got strayed). it is clearly mentioned in the quote from wikipedia that

"a large group of them (traditionally believed to be 12,000, mainly from Banu Hanifah and Banu Tamim tribes)[citation needed]repudiated Al?.
Citing the verse, "No rule but God's," an indication that a caliph is not a representative of God"

My question is still there, I repeat:

quote:
InshaAllah I would answer your all questions...but before that I would like to know...
what do you think of Hadeeth (Sunnah) of Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam)??? is it neccessary to understand Quran or Can quran be understood without Sunnah?

If Quran can be understood without Sunnah/Hadeeth of Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) then my question would be that how would you act on instructions given by Allah in Quran like:

May I ask you how would you explain above matters without the help of Sunnah?
Unquote

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
@ Such bolo!

Unless you read the whole thread, get to know my position, and answer mine questions, I am not going to take on your questions, that is fair enough.?

such bolo

babadeena said:
@ Such bolo!

Unless you read the whole thread, get to know my position, and answer mine questions, I am not going to take on your questions, that is fair enough.?

until unless you dont clear your position on Hadeeth/Sunnah..it is impossible to answer any of your question.

I quote my previous reply:

quote:

If Quran can be understood without Sunnah/Hadeeth of Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) then my question would be that how would you act on instructions given by Allah in Quran like:

unquote

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
such bolo said:
babadeena said:
@ Such bolo!

until unless you dont clear your position on Hadeeth/Sunnah..it is impossible to answer any of your question.

I quote my previous reply:

quote:

unquote
It is nothing but parrot repetition style.
Such-bolo: on such a trifle thing/question, you have brought Quran verses Hadiths etc. Mine questions to you are:

a) The word "Hadith" has been used in Quran in many places, where it is written that
you have to follow "Hadith". Now please do not take the cover of words "Ateeho".

b) No one deny that "institution of Hadith" is disputed and carries a question mark? so it is important to screen all Hadiths through Quran.

c) All differences in Islamic Ummah are due to "Hadiths", you accept it or not but it is the biggest reality.

d) One Hadiths, Believers had/have not united it is the only "Quran" which can unite whole of Islamic Ummah.

e) Show me a Hadith, in which the present day Salaat--- starting from the words "Subhanakalahuma till the last word which we recite--- is there. It is has to only one Hadith and "agreed upon all".

I can ask you so many more question but be content that no one denies Hadiths which do not confront Quran or go against it. Unfortunately since 1300 years the "field of Hadith became a free-lancer by all and for all and that is the problem". Without Quran there will be no true guidance, and that is the ONLY Guidance.

If tie is western culture and we should not use it ok, next time cross the Atlantic on mules and camels.?
So ball is in your Court, if u r so truthful answer first e) above.

abduttawwab

MPA (400+ posts)
@babadeena

babadeena said:

So what's your understanding of '??????????? ??????? ??????????? ?????????? '?

babadeena said:

No, there is no question mark at all.
Muhadeseen (Experts of Hadeeth and Ilmur-Rijaal) has already done the classification of ahadeeth. And Mujtahedeen and Fuqhah (Experts of Fiqh) know very well hadeeth of which Class can be used to where. There is no confusion, so common ppl dont need to take any tension of screening, as it has already been done.

babadeena said:

Subhan`Allah - do you know what are you saying???
And in your eyes, only solution of removing the differences is to leave the ahadeeth. (naozobillah)

babadeena said:

From the same Quran, need and importance of Sunnah and Ijmaa' are proved.

babadeena said:

Why is it necessary that 'It has to only one Hadith' ?

such bolo

abduttawwab said:
@babadeena

babadeena said:
you have to follow "Hadith". Now please do not take the cover of words "Ateeho".[/quote
So what's your understanding of '??????????? ??????? ??????????? ?????????? '?

babadeena said:

No, there is no question mark at all.
Muhadeseen (Experts of Hadeeth and Ilmur-Rijaal) has already done the classification of ahadeeth. And Mujtahedeen and Fuqhah (Experts of Fiqh) know very well hadeeth of which Class can be used to where. There is no confusion, so common ppl dont need to take any tension of screening, as it has already been done.

babadeena said:

Subhan`Allah - do you know what are you saying???
And in your eyes, only solution of removing the differences is to leave the ahadeeth. (naozobillah)

babadeena said:

From the same Quran, need and importance of Sunnah and Ijmaa' are proved.

babadeena said:

Why is it necessary that 'It has to only one Hadith' ?

Brother abduttawwab, i know the group of babadeena and patriot, they are follower of Ghulam Ahmed Pervaiz and he was one of the Rejectors of Hadeeth...but they have got very tricky mind...when will be stuck they would accept hadeeth to explain quran but when every they would want they will categorically deny accepting Sunnah/Hadeeth.

@babdeena... what is your stance on Hadeeth? is it neccessary to understand Quran????