Ignorance, barbarism and false honour

Muhammad Ilyas Khan

Siasat.pk - Blogger
What made a father take the lives of his six young daughters in such a barbaric way? Could it have been prevented? If yes how? If no, why not? By doing what he did, did the man actually restore his honour, in other words, does he stand more honourable now? How could one do better than what he did in the situation that he was in? What does the society and the state need to do to prevent such barbaric acts? (see below)
http://www.siasat.pk/forum/entry.php?101-Ignorance-barbarism-and-false-honour

Bombaybuz

Minister (2k+ posts)
I wont agree that the killer was the only one to be blamed for the whole mishap ... what those girls did (if they really did) was very shameful ... and this is every house story now where children of 12 to 18 years of age are indulging in all sort of shameful acts thanks to vulgar TV channels, movies, and of course internet jis pay koe censor nahi koe check nahi. i cought my naphew searching for sex sites in my laptop where he is just 12 years old ... so until unless hum is be-gharti, be-hayai k sailab ko roktey nahi, aur modernism aur civilised kahlaney ki caah main apni society apney deen ki bunyaad pay tameer nahi kartey tou.... ager aik taraf ISB, KHI main gay parties honi hain tou dorsi inteha k tour pay ya zulm bhe hona he hai.

imransangdil

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
u r a one sick person, defending a murderer who probably have committed many sins himself, it's not our business to judge anyone, allah will do this. don't mix culture and religion, honour killing is part of culture not religion.
I wont agree that the killer was the only one to be blamed for the whole mishap ... what those girls did (if they really did) was very shameful ... and this is every house story now where children of 12 to 18 years of age are indulging in all sort of shameful acts thanks to vulgar TV channels, movies, and of course internet jis pay koe censor nahi koe check nahi. i cought my naphew searching for sex sites in my laptop where he is just 12 years old ... so until unless hum is be-gharti, be-hayai k sailab ko roktey nahi, aur modernism aur civilised kahlaney ki caah main apni society apney deen ki bunyaad pay tameer nahi kartey tou.... ager aik taraf ISB, KHI main gay parties honi hain tou dorsi inteha k tour pay ya zulm bhe hona he hai.

Bombaybuz

Minister (2k+ posts)
u r a one sick person, defending a murderer who probably have committed many sins himself, it's not our business to judge anyone, allah will do this. don't mix culture and religion, honour killing is part of culture not religion.

first of all im not defending him one bit, i called it mishap and zulm which i guess are not very soft words, but i wanted to look into reasons of such behaviour now days in children, you may be young enough to have kids, and once you have few you will realise how nacessery it is to up bring them, teach them and to judge them, you can't let your child to get spoiled while you are waiting for the D day... rahe baat culture aur religion mix karney ki tou waht you want us to do, follow the indian culture which is forced on us through media and then practice our religion in true means ... honour killing can be culture in upper areas or in interior sindh but mind you this mass muder happened in Faislabad.

imransangdil

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
r u insane or what, r u living in a different world or perhaps u r ignorant, honour killing doesn't just exist in sindh or upper areas, it's happening all over pakistan. and u r giving reasons for his actions, i dont care what the girls did but u dnt kill them. i guess it's nt ur fault, u were raised in a culture which praise honour killing. acts like these r mostly commistted by poor, uneducated and hopeless people, i guess u belong in one of these categories.
first of all im not defending him one bit, i called it mishap and zulm which i guess are not very soft words, but i wanted to look into reasons of such behaviour now days in children, you may be young enough to have kids, and once you have few you will realise how nacessery it is to up bring them, teach them and to judge them, you can't let your child to get spoiled while you are waiting for the D day... rahe baat culture aur religion mix karney ki tou waht you want us to do, follow the indian culture which is forced on us through media and then practice our religion in true means ... honour killing can be culture in upper areas or in interior sindh but mind you this mass muder happened in Faislabad.