I Live In Karachi.......!!!

canadian

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Yes I am Karachiite. I have decided to write on this blog as guest blogger because I feel safe that way. I think that I might not get caught by the terrorists because my identity is safe. But then does that matter? Do target killers ask from the victims their identity before spraying bullets?
Drill machines in Karachi are the weapon of choice for the torture, and I still have some holes in my knee which I got during late nineties, when I refused to give Bhatta to the sector In charge of Raita Plot in Shah Faisal Colony. I have learned now to save my knees and to give chanda to the mamoon in London.
I live like a chicken waiting in the chicken shop for her turn. With all this target killings, suicide and bomb attacks, extortion, kidnappings and lootings, and street crimes I am passing my life and planning that how could I shift my home and little ship to some other place in Pakistan, but I hear that MQM is also establishing itself in Punjab and other parts. So what do I do then?
MQM is turning ordinary citizens into hunted prey. What little is earned by the fruits of their labour that escapes the clutches of street criminals is extorted in the name of Chanda by the MQM. Now I have got a proposal from the local MQM boy for my daughter who is 16 year old. The boy is a known thug and has allegedly murdered many people.
May be I am the next?

(http://www.pkhope.com/i-live-in-karachi/)

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
Well I am a Karachiite too. Have lived here since I was born, all through the 90s. I saw the best Karachi has to offer and the worst. I saw the brutality that took place in the 90s when everyone was a target, if you escaped the police there were always the criminals who would check your ID card before shooting you... Here I saw my neighbour shot in the head because he wouldnt tell the police where his cousin was hiding... Here I saw every man between 16 to 46 rounded up who spoke a particular language... Here I saw the police cutting up people they thought were MQM men... Here I saw poor boys from my neigbourhood taking up guns to defend their families... Here I saw my uncle tortured with drill machines because he spoke a particular language... Here I saw Us being discarded as 'Traitors' by the so-called 'Sons of the Soil'... No one will mention this... This is what I saw with my own eyes

But what people will believe is lies posted by someone no one knows.... All because we arent 'Sons of the Soil'

Wounds run deep. Best they be left undisturbed

Salik

Senator (1k+ posts)
I live in Karachi too.... It has been better in Musharraf's rule... and the conditions have worsened since PPP came in the govt...

I still want to live here... and havent applied or thought seriously about trying to leave the country or relocate within Pakistan on the basis of Halaat... ....though some trivial thoughts come to the mind some times...

There is some light at the end of the tunnel.... and every cloud has a silver lining....

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger
I live in Karachi too.... It has been better in Musharraf's rule... and the conditions have worsened since PPP came in the govt...

I still want to live here... and havent applied or thought seriously about trying to leave the country or relocate within Pakistan on the basis of Halaat... ....though some trivial thoughts come to the mind some times...

There is some light at the end of the tunnel.... and every cloud has a silver lining....

3542_big.gif

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)

True things will get better Inshallah. We are still here and hope to stay here as long as we are alive

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I lived in Karachi though am away for some time. I have seen Karachi where every night young boys 15 years old would blow up the PMT just so that no one could see them. People still get a slip every month to give certain amount. It used be just MQM now I hear others have started following suite. I lived in Karachi where people did not care what community you belonged to and would be most willing to help each other. There was a saying that no dog sleeps hungry in Karachi and then I saw the time when if you did not have the membership card of MQM then you were risking your life just leaving your home. I saw 13 year olds behaving rduely with their parents and shouting at them if any thing was said against London wale mamoon. Call what you may but MQM had died before Musharraf gave it a new life to oppose religious parties. We have too many things to thank Musharraf for!!!!

biomat

Minister (2k+ posts)
Assalam-o-alaikum
I am also karachite. I have also seen horrific acts in 85/86 & then 90s & now 2008 onwards. Seen Benazir murder day riots & got to stay at my sister house as i could not go to my home.
I got attacked & brutally injured (nose broken, head injuries, right eye with full blood, face injuries & my home floor filled with my blood) still i am alive & living here. Thanks to ALLAH.
I had respect for MQM when it started because as we belong to urdu speaking family, my elder brother who was in tableeghi jamaat from early age, he was among the TOP 10 in his group from NED first badge of COMPUTER ENGINEERS.. But due to QUOTA SYSTEM he could not get job in PIA after passing interview & written test. He was so depressed as his freinds were getting Job letters (belonging to other language & domiciles) & he didnot. He said to my father that MQM is formed right..
So this was feeling of us in start. Now every thing is changed as this politics become more dirty & exposed.
QUOTA SYSTEM still exist today & MQM still exist today in GOVT.
=============
My financial lawyer have to change his office from Saddar to Tariq Road, just because of threats, perchis & bhatta every day from every one.
Dont know who were they, but every one is harrasing businessmen in Saddar area of Karachi (may be many parts)..
So i again will not blame MQM for all this, as i think every party does it & Maafias do it.
End result KARACHI is being systematically DESTROYED.. Many businesses have transferred to Punjab, even some to DUBAI, MALAYSIA & CHINA.
ALLAH knows best what will happen. Still hopeful for better days & praying for it.. Dont know when we go for work what will happen & when come back home still same feelings for tomorrow..
May ALLAH forgive me for my sins..

canadian

Assalam-o-alaikum
I am also karachite. I have also seen horrific acts in 85/86 & then 90s & now 2008 onwards. Seen Benazir murder day riots & got to stay at my sister house as i could not go to my home.
I got attacked & brutally injured (nose broken, head injuries, right eye with full blood, face injuries & my home floor filled with my blood) still i am alive & living here. Thanks to ALLAH.
I had respect for MQM when it started because as we belong to urdu speaking family, my elder brother who was in tableeghi jamaat from early age, he was among the TOP 10 in his group from NED first badge of COMPUTER ENGINEERS.. But due to QUOTA SYSTEM he could not get job in PIA after passing interview & written test. He was so depressed as his freinds were getting Job letters (belonging to other language & domiciles) & he didnot. He said to my father that MQM is formed right..
So this was feeling of us in start. Now every thing is changed as this politics become more dirty & exposed.
=============
My financial lawyer have to change his office from Saddar to Tariq Road, just because of threats, perchis & bhatta every day from every one.
Dont know who were they, but every one is harrasing businessmen in Saddar area of Karachi (may be many parts)..
So i again will not blame MQM for all this, as i think every party does it & Maafias do it.
End result KARACHI is being systematically DESTROYED.. Many businesses have transferred to Punjab, even some to DUBAI, MALAYSIA & CHINA.
ALLAH knows best what will happen. Still hopeful for better days & praying for it.. Dont know when we go for work what will happen & when come back home still same feelings for tomorrow..

Really very unfortunate.I used to live in Karachi in early 90's,had my own business in Korangi Industrial Area and a house on Khayaban-i-Mujahid in Defence Phase V.MQM guys started coming for bhatta.One day situation became really ugly and my life was in danger.I sold every thing( at considerable loss) and moved to Dubai.Stayed there for about two years and then came to Canada.I have very fond memories of Karachi and have lot of friends there but never went back.I hope and pray Karachites solve their problems amicably and every body lives peacefully.

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)
Yes I am Karachiite. I have decided to write on this blog as guest blogger because I feel safe that way. I think that I might not get caught by the terrorists because my identity is safe. But then does that matter? Do target killers ask from the victims their identity before spraying bullets?
Drill machines in Karachi are the weapon of choice for the torture, and I still have some holes in my knee which I got during late nineties, when I refused to give Bhatta to the sector In charge of Raita Plot in Shah Faisal Colony. I have learned now to save my knees and to give chanda to the mamoon in London.
I live like a chicken waiting in the chicken shop for her turn. With all this target killings, suicide and bomb attacks, extortion, kidnappings and lootings, and street crimes I am passing my life and planning that how could I shift my home and little ship to some other place in Pakistan, but I hear that MQM is also establishing itself in Punjab and other parts. So what do I do then?
MQM is turning ordinary citizens into hunted prey. What little is earned by the fruits of their labour that escapes the clutches of street criminals is extorted in the name of Chanda by the MQM. Now I have got a proposal from the local MQM boy for my daughter who is 16 year old. The boy is a known thug and has allegedly murdered many people.
May be I am the next?

(http://www.pkhope.com/i-live-in-karachi/)

Dear Canadian, nice to know you are from Karachi.

EniGma90

Minister (2k+ posts)
I am also a karachiite. Although I was 2 young to remember the blood sheds of mid 90's but there are some shades still saved in my memory. I have lost my uncle (chacha) in a blast in Masjid-e Haidry and also lost many friends in ethnic killing, still remember the fear of 12th May and 27th December. I think karachi has passed its tyms 2003-2006, what a lovely peroid it was, sitting at the hotels in late night, traveling here and there fearlessly, new roads, bridges and underpasses every day. Its Past now, Im out of country but still luv u my karachi, I will be back inshalla, May be things are going to be worsen but there will be no decrease of luv for u bcoz u r mine. Literally guys it brought tears in my eyes :(

Night-Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Assalam-o-alaikum
=============

بائیو میٹ بھائی السلام علیکم - کیا آپ نہیں سمجھتے کہ ایم کیو ایم جیسے مافیا کی ترویج نے شہر کراچی کے عوام سے انکی زبان چھین لی دوسری قومیتوں کو چھوڑیں سب سے زیادہ سیاسی بیداری اور دلیری کراچی کے اردو بولنے والے گھرانوں میں تھی مانا کہ اس ماضی میں کوٹہ سسٹم کے نام پر شہری علاقے کے لوگوں کا استحصال بھی ہوا لیکن کراچی کے عوام ہر ظلم کے خلاف باہر نکلتے تھے اور انکے احتجاج کی گونج اسلام آباد کے ایوانوں کو ہلا دیتی تھی --- یہ سب کچھ اس وقت ہوتا تھا جب کراچی میں جماعت اسلامی اور جے یو پی جیسی مذہبی پارٹیاں جیتا کرتی تھیں --- کراچی کے لوگوں نے ایوب خان جیسے ڈکٹیٹر کو ناکوں چنے چبواۓ بھٹو کے خلاف تحریک میں بھی یہاں کے لوگ پیش پیش تھے ---

لیکن پھر کیا ہوا ؟ جب یہاں کے عوام کے نجات دھندہ نے خوف و ہراس پھیلایا تو حق گوئی اور بے باکی ختم ہو گئی کیونکہ جمہوریت کی اساس ہی مٹا دی گئی کسی شخص میں سچ بولنے کی جرات نا رہی عنان حکومت خواہ کسی کے پاس بھی رہے کراچی کا شہری لا تعلق ہو گیا اس کے ووٹ سے اقتدار میں آنے والی جماعت ہر حکومت میں بیٹھتی گئی نا کوئی نظریہ رہا نا کوئی معیار --ہر قیمت پر طاقت کا حصول مقصد قرار پایا لسانیت نے ایسے عفریت کا روپ دھارا کہ چند ہی سالوں میں ہزاروں نوجوانوں کو نگل لیا اور سلسلہ ہے کہ آج تک جاری ہے ---

وہ عروس البلاد کراچی جسے وائسرائے جارج نیپئر "ایشیا کے ماتھے کا جھومر" کہتا تھا وہ شہر جو غریب کی ماں کہلایا کرتا تھا جہاں سب قومیتوں کے لوگ امن سے رہتے تھے جہاں کی ہر تحریک پاکستان کی تحریک بن جاتی تھی جہاں پورے پاکستان اور مسلم ممالک سے طلبا اعلی تعلیم کے لیے کھنجے چلے آتے تھے ' ایسا ویران ہوا کہ بیروت سے بھی بد نما ہو گیا --- شہر کراچی ایک ایسا کھنڈر بن چکا ہے جہاں جسم تو رہتے ہیں آپ کو چلتے پھرتے لوگ بھی نظر آتے ہیں لیکن روحیں غائب ہیں ---

مجھے محی الدین ابن عربی یاد آ رہا ہے جب ١٤٩٢ میں اندلس میں عیسائیوں کے دوبارہ اقتدار کے بعد وہ مسلمانوں کے بناۓ ہوے پرشکوہ کھنڈر نما محلات کو دیکھنے گیا تو ایک نوحہ لکھا

Halls alongside of playgrounds gleam,
but they have no occupants and they are in ruins.

Birds are lamenting in them from every side,
At times they are silent, other times cooing.

I addressed one of the wingborn singers,
who was sad at heart and aquiver.

"For what do you lament so plaintively" I asked,
And it answered, "For an age that is gone, forever.

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
Assalam-o-alaikum
=============

Yup and the quota system will be a part of our lives till 2018(I think). MQM also forgot about the refugees in the former East Pakistan, the basis on which MQM was created.

I also hear things are very bad in Saddar. Different gangs are demanding bhatta from everyone... Inshallah I have hope, Karachi will rise again, I am just waiting for this PPP government to go.

canadian

بائیو میٹ بھائی السلام علیکم - کیا آپ نہیں سمجھتے کہ ایم کیو ایم جیسے مافیا کی ترویج نے شہر کراچی کے عوام سے انکی زبان چھین لی دوسری قومیتوں کو چھوڑیں سب سے زیادہ سیاسی بیداری اور دلیری کراچی کے اردو بولنے والے گھرانوں میں تھی مانا کہ اس ماضی میں کوٹہ سسٹم کے نام پر شہری علاقے کے لوگوں کا استحصال بھی ہوا لیکن کراچی کے عوام ہر ظلم کے خلاف باہر نکلتے تھے اور انکے احتجاج کی گونج اسلام آباد کے ایوانوں کو ہلا دیتی تھی --- یہ سب کچھ اس وقت ہوتا تھا جب کراچی میں جماعت اسلامی اور جے یو پی جیسی مذہبی پارٹیاں جیتا کرتی تھیں --- کراچی کے لوگوں نے ایوب خان جیسے ڈکٹیٹر کو ناکوں چنے چبواۓ بھٹو کے خلاف تحریک میں بھی یہاں کے لوگ پیش پیش تھے ---

لیکن پھر کیا ہوا ؟ جب یہاں کے عوام کے نجات دھندہ نے خوف و ہراس پھیلایا تو حق گوئی اور بے باکی ختم ہو گئی کیونکہ جمہوریت کی اساس ہی مٹا دی گئی کسی شخص میں سچ بولنے کی جرات نا رہی عنان حکومت خواہ کسی کے پاس بھی رہے کراچی کا شہری لا تعلق ہو گیا اس کے ووٹ سے اقتدار میں آنے والی جماعت ہر حکومت میں بیٹھتی گئی نا کوئی نظریہ رہا نا کوئی معیار --ہر قیمت پر طاقت کا حصول مقصد قرار پایا لسانیت نے ایسے عفریت کا روپ دھارا کہ چند ہی سالوں میں ہزاروں نوجوانوں کو نگل لیا اور سلسلہ ہے کہ آج تک جاری ہے ---

وہ عروس البلاد کراچی جسے وائسرائے جارج نیپئر "ایشیا کے ماتھے کا جھومر" کہتا تھا وہ شہر جو غریب کی ماں کہلایا کرتا تھا جہاں سب قومیتوں کے لوگ امن سے رہتے تھے جہاں کی ہر تحریک پاکستان کی تحریک بن جاتی تھی جہاں پورے پاکستان اور مسلم ممالک سے طلبا اعلی تعلیم کے لیے کھنجے چلے آتے تھے ' ایسا ویران ہوا کہ بیروت سے بھی بد نما ہو گیا --- شہر کراچی ایک ایسا کھنڈر بن چکا ہے جہاں جسم تو رہتے ہیں آپ کو چلتے پھرتے لوگ بھی نظر آتے ہیں لیکن روحیں غائب ہیں ---

مجھے محی الدین ابن عربی یاد آ رہا ہے جب ١٤٩٢ میں اندلس میں عیسائیوں کے دوبارہ اقتدار کے بعد وہ مسلمانوں کے بناۓ ہوے پرشکوہ کھنڈر نما محلات کو دیکھنے گیا تو ایک نوحہ لکھا

Thanks.Very well said.Those who have lived in that City and went through all that know how much it was painful and heartbreaking.

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)

Lets start at the beginning. Bhutto came to power, he was the first one to create the Urban-Rural divide in Sindh. He had no power in urban Sindh, particularly in Karachi which had voted for JI and JUP. So he introduced the quota system and Sindh is the only province in Pakistan to have an Urban-Rural divide in it.

When this quota system was introduced in the assembly JI and JUP organised some protests but nothing substantial and failed to resist it. In the minds of the people of Karachi that was the start of the downfall of JI. Then Zia-ul-Haq came to power and the quota system was extended, This time under active support of JI and JUP who were his closest companions.

Then came the Afghan War, and for some explicable reason Zia-ul-haq decided to relocate refugees to Karachi. With them came the gun and drug culture that changed the face of Karachi. Zia-ul-Haq armed the Afghans and their local supporters for his 'Jihad'. If this had not happened I can guarantee you that there would be no MQM today.

By this time, the ethnic winds had battered Pakistan to a large extent. In Karachi there was a Sindhi nationalistic movement, there were Punjabi and Pashtun movements. In this environment Urdu speaking began recognising themselves as a separate nation..

Tensions had been building up between the Afghans and the Urdu speaking for a long time, particularly in the Orangi area, then in 1985 a Pashtun driver ran over a group of Sir Syed students killing Bushra Zaidi. The riots that followed forever divided Karachi unto ethnic lines. In Orangi alone, 340 Biharis were killed and their homes burnt.

A feeling had developed among Urdu speaking that they were second rate citizens and had to join together to defend their rights and speak for themselves. If JI had done its job and spoken for its voters, there would be no MQM today.

The rest is history...

We saw how good Karachi can be during the time of Naimatullah (2001-2005) and Mustufa Kamal (2005-2009). When Karachi prospered, business were good, people were happy. And things are not so bad as to you start comparing it to Christian Jerusalem. Millions still live here and have lived here. We arent going anywhere. We love this city. You should too

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
I am also a karachiite. Although I was 2 young to remember the blood sheds of mid 90's but there are some shades still saved in my memory. I have lost my uncle (chacha) in a blast in Masjid-e Haidry and also lost many friends in ethnic killing, still remember the fear of 12th May and 27th December. I think karachi has passed its tyms 2003-2006, what a lovely peroid it was, sitting at the hotels in late night, traveling here and there fearlessly, new roads, bridges and underpasses every day. Its Past now, Im out of country but still luv u my karachi, I will be back inshalla, May be things are going to be worsen but there will be no decrease of luv for u bcoz u r mine. Literally guys it brought tears in my eyes :(

They wont worsen, Inshallah, once thus government goes, the criminals will go with it..

xiaahmad

In FSD they are using labor unions and take some money from them monthly and then provide the support to them when worker is not even doing proper work
so they spreading the mafia in FSD as well