how many of the siasat members are Jageerdars or belong to a jageerdar's families?

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
If your motive was to discuss the setup of villages or village life, so your question
needs to be re-framed rationally: In a village or in villages there are:
a) Jagirdar (Like Khar, Twanay, Chatty like Hamid Nasir Chatta, Choundharies like
Gujrati, Shujjah, Pervez, etc. etc. The criteria is or should be that land possession
is in hectres or Murrabas. That is called Jagirdar;

b) Then there are so-called Jat-Zamindar-small land owners ( from one marla to
two kanals etc). These are more Choudharies and Pharoons than the actual
Jagir Dars. In fact these type of classes are minions of big Jagirdars and through
them they maintain the control and power in village lives.

c) There are people in vast majority who are called Kamis, they may have or may not
have any land. These people either own a house of their own, or lives in Bara (land
is of Jagirdar or Choudhary, but structure is of these poor people). They are moochi
(shoe repairs); Naee (Barbers); Darzee(Tobbay)(Tailors); Marasee(singers); Kumars
(Pot makers). Musalee (meanial job doers); etc. etc. etc. The Jagir Dar and their
minions (so-called one marla choudaries) keep this section of village population in
bondage through various ways, and keep reminding them that irrespective of their
whatever position, they are Kamis dar Kamis. These are the people whose votes
these Jagir dars and their minions snatch one way or the other.

Now please re-frame your question, who is who on board?

shamsheer

Senator (1k+ posts)
What is this BS jageerdar, it looks to me funny there is not jageerdar in central punjab , 95% of the rural farmers here have less than 20 acres of agricultural land, central punjab is very fertile land and hence has high density of population for many centuries which causes continuous division of land generation after generation. So as far as central punjab is concerned there is no such thing as jageer dar here. This jageer dar system is restricted to south punjab where the land is mostly barren and 100s of acres of that land was allocated to some traitor families by british rulers , maybe same is the case with sindh too. In KP also there cannot be any jageerdar because it does not have much agricultural land and same is the case with northern part of punjab that is pothohar region which again does not have that much fertile land. This is one reason why sometimes I feel that central punjab should be separate from saraiki and pothohar areas due to different economic conditions. South punjab people claim they dont get enough share from punjab government in terms of infrastructure funds but they forget that they also dont contribute anything significant to punjab economy other than cotton, it is central punjab that contributes the most through high agricultural yield of Wheat and Rice as well as significant industrial contribution from Lahore , Faisalabad and our golden industrial triangle of Gujranwala, Gujrat and Sialkot. Central punab still gets less than what it contributes to the economy of punjab, southern punjab is actually a burden on punjab government rather than blessing. People of central punjab are more smarter than other areas of punjab.

Regards

I was about to like your comments and then I stumbled across your comments highlighted bold above. Man this is racism to think that people of one area are smarter than that of other area. So my greatest fear turned out to be true that Nifaq is not just in our lingustically divided group but it is a part of our blood now within each group.

pakistan1947

MPA (400+ posts)
If your motive was to discuss the setup of villages or village life, so your question
a) Jagirdar (Like Khar, Twanay, Chatty like Hamid Nasir Chatta, Choundharies like
Gujrati, Shujjah, Pervez, etc. etc. The criteria is or should be that land possession

Jagir Dars. In fact these type of classes are minions of big Jagirdars and through

c) There are people in vast majority who are called Kamis, they may have or may not
have any land. These people either own a house of their own, or lives in Bara (land
is of Jagirdar or Choudhary, but structure is of these poor people). They are moochi
(shoe repairs); Naee (Barbers); Darzee(Tobbay)(Tailors); Marasee(singers); Kumars
(Pot makers). Musalee (meanial job doers); etc. etc. etc. The Jagir Dar and their
minions (so-called one marla choudaries) keep this section of village population in
bondage through various ways, and keep reminding them that irrespective of their

you got enough knowledge........so who are u ??? Khar, Twanay, Chatty Or Choundhary?????

shamsheer

Senator (1k+ posts)

My only motive was to understand if there are any educated individuals that belong to such class of our society. If there are any I wanted to share a few experience and wanted to know if they have ever tried to make best use of their land using new technolog and there was other related stuff that I wanted to discuss. But looks like the only people who waste time on Siasat are middle class people

hans

Banned
I was a Jageerdar once, has 240 Sq yard plot in Clifton .. 10 years back a bigger Jageerdar took hold of my plot and constructed flats on top of it.