Haroon ur Rasheed's Honesty Through His Brilliant (Evasive) Reply

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)
Urdu Columnist Haroon ur Rasheed.jpg

Not many days ago when the moderator Adeel mentioned about the availability of a banner of a newly developed interactive website of a Pakistani journalist and so called opinion maker Haroon ur Rasheed and afterwards I got my self registered and posted some poignant questions on his website. I would like to share that post of mine and its “brilliant” response from this well known charlatan of Pakistani media. I would like to leave the rational and sensible forum members to formalise their opinions and views about his perfectly evasive reply;

Note: I know this post of mine will irritate and antagonise some of the members of Imran’s fan club including some of my honourable friends of this forum as well. But as emotionally indifferent and straightforward I am I reserve the right to hold my opinions and to me Haroon ur Rasheed, Gen Retd Hameed Gul and the members of their tribe are nothing but the true representative touts and elements of status quo and if Imran Khan has a company of such unscrupulous and hypocrite individuals then I can only pray for Almighty to restore Imran’s sense of judgement and rationality.

Source's Link: http://natamam.com/News/ask_haroon_ur_rasheed

Dear Imran,

Since you have disclose your name, I would prefer to call you with your real name,

It was as usual real nice to read your concern, unfortunately our people have a mind set, and no one could bring change in it, Your concerns are highly appreciated because I do feel, people around us are not appearing with their real face, their full intention is to take advantage of people's innocence.

I know you are ready to read all kind of crap from forum people in reply, who actually doesn't know about your class and strength. You are a true sign of inspiration, those who read your writing and appreciate it, they also welcome your honest thoughts, Unfortunately in this world of fake, no one like to accept truth.

Be remain concrete and do reply with your patience.........Allah bless you.

GraanG2

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Logo ko bas itna kehdo ke Poocho jo poochna hai...Log faida utha ke sochte hain,Aaj toh is ki leni hai (khabar)..Aur shuru ho jate hain...Next time asaan urdu mein poochna bhai ya yeh question Laloo prasad ko poochna...Suna hai us ki english top ki hai...By the way You will get likes only from 1 % and 99% of them will be indians...Enjoy life with this clip.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Urdu%20Columnist%20Haroon%20ur%20Rasheed.jpg

Not many days ago when the moderator Adeel mentioned about the availability of a banner of a newly developed interactive website of a Pakistani journalist and so called opinion maker Haroon ur Rasheed and afterwards I got my self registered and posted some poignant questions on his website. I would like to share that post of mine and its brilliant response from this well known charlatan of Pakistani media. I would like to leave the rational and sensible forum members to formalise their opinions and views about his perfectly evasive reply;

Note: I know this post of mine will irritate and antagonise some of the members of Imrans fan club including some of my honourable friends of this forum as well. But as emotionally indifferent and straightforward I am I reserve the right to hold my opinions and to me Haroon ur Rasheed, Gen Retd Hameed Gul and the members of their tribe are nothing but the true representative touts and elements of status quo and if Imran Khan has a company of such unscrupulous and hypocrite individuals then I can only pray for Almighty to restore Imrans sense of judgement and rationality.

Imran bhai barey dinon key baad nazar ayey aap?

I hope all is well with you and your family.

I liked the response given by Haroon saheb, short, precise, and to the point.

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم

Note: I know this post of mine will irritate and antagonise some of the members of Imran’s fan club including some of my honourable friends of this forum as well. But as emotionally indifferent and straightforward I am I reserve the right to hold my opinions and to me Haroon ur Rasheed, Gen Retd Hameed Gul and the members of their tribe are nothing but the true representative touts and elements of status quo and if Imran Khan has a company of such unscrupulous and hypocrite individuals then I can only pray for Almighty to restore Imran’s sense of judgement and rationality.

Thats the best thing to do.

One thing , I want to mention, that in Pakistan ,right now , no one is 100% clean and clear like angle.

Even Imran Khan Khan , your favorite.

But we need to go with the most clean ' available ' person.

Whoever , Imran or Altaf or Zardari ...

Same , Haroon Rashid , or Hasan Nisar or Nazir Naji.

The choice tells about our own personality.

Last edited:

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)
Thats the best thing to do.

One thing , I want to mention, that in Pakistan ,right now , no one is 100% clean and clear like angle.

Even Imran Khan Khan , your favorite.

But we need to go with the most clean ' available ' person.

Whoever , Imran or Altaf or Zardari ...

Same , Haroon Rashid , or Hasan Nisar or Nazir Naji.

The choice tells about our own personality.

Brother with Due all respect, I disagree with you.

When me & you have no compromise in quality for our self.........then why we are flexible to our motherland.

There shouldn't be any compromise..............it has to be best...........one either stay with courage to face or quit, there shouldn't be any grey area.

Choosing someone, how it could reflect someone's personality...........;););)

drali

Voter (50+ posts)
haroon ur rashid has lied in answering that no journalist has ever spoken of hos dishonesty.
I have myself heard hassan nisar ridiculing hypocrisy of harron ur rashid that he mention verses of quran in his columns but has taken three plots from government and has taken money from sons of corrupt gen akhtar abdul rahman for writing book 'Fatah'.he is the same general who rarn billions from afghan war.There r several journalist who question his honesty like najam sethi,nusrat javed, kashif abbasi etc.
I have myself heard from journalist khurshed nadeem syed in his office in islamic center near faisal mosque that haroon ur rashid demanded plot from malik riaz and on refusal he wrote a column against malik riaz in jang.

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
To most of my respected friends of this forum especially Raaz, Abbasi and Omer Kashmiri bhais I’m indebted to your generous appreciations and also to show patience to my harsh points directed at Mr Haroon ur Rasheed on his interactive website.

Omer (Kashmiri) bro I don’t have any personal grievances against this resoundingly intelligent and cogent person Mr Haroon but on some of his dialectic points I have big problem with him. He talks about Change in real terms to be the course and destiny of this unfortunate state of Pakistan but then how come in his diagnostics and slanted opinions the main culprit institution of Pakistan does not have any sort of presence even in an indirect sense and plus by having a strong sense of attachment with them? Why only politicians seems to come under the axe of his critiques and admonishments when these jokers are only accountable for the usage of 25-30% of national disposable income (You can corroborate for these rough figures from the text of any federal budget starting from this year to the extent of just 10 years alone) on yearly basis and that also with limited and truncated sheet of authority from the GHQ?

Mr Haroon ur Rasheed has to be objective, honest and straightforward in every sense of those words in his opinions and critiques since he has the predilection of invoking Islamic and other moral propositions and sayings in his writings in order to make the effect of his pieces in perfect consonance. And plus Hasan Nisar and Mubashar Luqman (I know they themselves are not credible enough but one have to take their allegations seriously) have mentioned about the dualistic character of Mr Haroon on number of occasions though in a tacit and indirect manner in some of their programs.

And who can deny the charges of his critics for getting his financial inducements from the corrupt political and military individuals in the recent past the hint of which has been given in one of the respondents of this thread. Irrespective of all of these questionable currents I still insisted on the usage of words like “Allegations” “Accusation” from his detractors in that stinging post and really needed to know about his honest response which he refused to do so and made my suspicions and scepticism about him to get some strong footings in my mind.

Abbasi bhai elder brothers like you are my source of inspiration and strength as well along with other nice brigade of moderators on this nice forum and I can assure you that I will always try my best to respond and present my opinions through a rational frame of mind rather than blasting and hurling personal contemptuous statements about others despite of my liking for the alter ego of Hawk…Smiles

Like wise Raaz and Gazoo uncle I’m also grateful to both of your friendly restraint and patience in your replies despite of having soft corner, as per my flail reading between the lines of your posts, for this Knight / Ghazi of Guftaar (Verbosity).

And just to straighten the record here with regards to my supposed affiliation with N League because of my caste and communal affinity with Sharif brothers then I would like to invite the skeptics to check the database of PTI’s volunteer member list and Insha Allah they will locate my name their in it's Gujranwala chapter. But unlike most of Imran’s ardent and devout fans and admirers I also like to remain objective and neutral when it comes to his political acumen and the resultant practical moves in the political arena of Pakistan.

Note: I always try my best to select and compose my wordings in a legible and articulate manner with due importance given to their formality and logical construction but sometimes I do fail to achieve such standards in my posts and therefore I can expect the much needed space for reprieve from the respected and highly educated members of this forum.

Last edited:

johny

MPA (400+ posts)
You should remember...you are the one who deleted my coment for Haroon Rasheed, just because u cant hear anything against him...
I still feel my coments are very much of his introduction...
I can see how many PTI supporters disliked my coments about there baba. You can disagree, dislike or get hurt but there was no reason to delete the coments.

Your answer was that I cant say anything against Harron Rasheeed because you are promoting him. For promotion you have advertised him on the main page but if you make a thread you should have courage to receive any kind of coment.

Haroon rasheed is bias, a party spokes person pretending to be a journalist.
What is the point of tagging me in there?

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Brother with Due all respect, I disagree with you.

When me & you have no compromise in quality for our self.........then why we are flexible to our motherland.

There shouldn't be any compromise..............it has to be best...........one either stay with courage to face or quit, there shouldn't be any grey area.

Choosing someone, how it could reflect someone's personality...........;););)

Ideally it is good to say , but practically not.

Every one compromises every where , and no one is perfect ...especially me....

for example , when a person is dying in a backward area, because of sickness , they dont wait for the ambulance of American standard , they carry their patient on the normal and broken bed,,, or on the donkey.They dont wait for ' no compromise with the quality .

The same situation is with the Pakistan now. A huge gap of good people with the leadership qualities.... not a whole lot of leaders are available ...

وہ حبس ہے کہ لو کی دعا مانگتے ہیں لوگ

Thats why people are stick with their old leaders like Altaf and Zardari.

Last edited:

Unicorn

Banned
Ideally it is good to say , but practically not.

Every one compromises every where , and no one is perfect ...especially me....

for example , when a person is dying in a backward area, because of sickness , they dont wait for the ambulance of American standard , they carry their patient on the normal and broken bed,,, or on the donkey.They dont wait for ' no compromise with the quality .

The same situation is with the Pakistan now. A huge gap of good people with the leadership qualities.... not a whole lot of leaders are available ...

Thats why people are stick with their old leaders like Altaf and Zardari.

Again need ELABORATION from you. Elaborate, don't pull Haroon Rashid stunt.

Are you saying its good to believe in a path (mind only) but don't walk practically.

Compromise is very constructive in most cases. For example if you and I have a dispute where I claim you owe me one lack rs and you claim that no its 80,000. It is good to sit down together and compromise. In politics if it is my view that my idea is the best idea it shall implemented completely and others don't it is constructive to sit down with other and compromise so that Idea could be implemented to maximum extent.

If you are in a village sick situation compromise does not come into the picture you have to take what is available and find the closest hospital it may not be good hospital. If an old ambulance and a donkey is available than its a matter of choice, its your life and your choice it does not effect anyone else and if you not in a consciousness mind than its my choice its not a matter of compromise.

I have my views on situation on Pakistan but I will keep my mouth shut on it for now, you just have to read my other post where i am quite mouthy about it.

Last edited:

Mullah Omar

Minister (2k+ posts)
@ Thedude and Mullah Omar

Woh Kehtay Hain na kay Akalmand kay liye ishara hi kaafi hauta hai baat samjhanay kay liye aur bewakoof logoon kay liye koi thoos daleel kaar amad sabit nahi haute. Tu janab e aliyan aap dono jao aur jaa kar jokers aur bewakofon ki jaanat main khelo kudo jahan sirf fareeb e nazar aur kund zehniyat ka hi raaj rehta hai.
Well if saying that helps you sleep at night then sure hum bewakoof he sai.

Khurram.k

Senator (1k+ posts)
Evasive ? how would you determine that as an evasive answer ? He basically told you to "get lost" , his honesty has never been questioned(according to him) . I don't think the system of Q&A he has started has anything to do with him or his personal life . It's about his opinion on political subject . If you beleive he is a dishonest person and favors someone in particular simply on the grounds of wrongfully criticizing someone else on the political grounds ... simply avoid/ignore/bash his statements. He is absolutely right , he has not resented himself for accountability nor he is a politician asking you for a vote.
Ask him a more sensible question regarding why he thinks Imran is the way to go OR why does he not think NS is not a leader for fiture etc . I know you will get a more sensible answer , may still be blunt but will be an answer . I don't know the old man but I have noticed one thing about him ... he won't shy away from a question , hence the stance you have taken " evasive answer" ... I completely disagree and once again if I must say, he has told you not to dare question his character or honesty and if you still must do that ..you can have your own opinion and judge anyone like you wanna ..he doesn't owe you an explaination cuz he is not a public representative ... just a writer with his own mind. You have all the rights to disagree and bash his columns/statements .

sarmad

Senator (1k+ posts)
Haroon ur Rasheed is the last man, anyone should be questioning his honesty.

Spot less, crystal clear career.

God Bless the great man

johny

MPA (400+ posts)
@Adeel @abbasiali [MENTION=10205]Waseem[/MENTION], Oh atlast my coment is posted, y dont you just block me and advertise on the main page that only PTI supporeters can write on this forum.

Muhammad Ikhlaq Siddiqui

Minister (2k+ posts)
Muhammad Ikhlaq Siddiqui8/17/2011 11:20:47 AM

Haroon Sb,
You say that Altaf Hussain, Nawaz Sharif, and Zardari are not bigger than Allah, so why their followers give them the stature which is Na'auzbilla sometimes too magnified but on the other hand you praise Imran too the extent that a common reader gets the same smell of huge, magnified and exalted stature of Imran Khan through your coloumns. Imran is a good person but why do you paint him as great as the followers of other political leaders paint their leaders. Your words give the impression to become Imran's follower more than his supporter. Why can't we see the difference between a supporter and a follower?

Kind Regards
Muhammad Ikhlaq Siddiqui

Haroon Ur Rasheed__
Salam. Even in the past week, at least twice I criticized him. What more? God bless you.

Unicorn

Banned
You guys are nuts. There are allegation against him from his own fraternity. There is evidence that he got plot in Islamabad and perks and no-one should question him. His is beyond questioning, he is honest because his writings fit with the falsehood you have grown up with. Why? I will tell you why because his pills of delusion give you great comfort.

Adeel

Founder
You should remember...you are the one who deleted my coment for Haroon Rasheed, just because u cant hear anything against him...
I still feel my coments are very much of his introduction...
I can see how many PTI supporters disliked my coments about there baba. You can disagree, dislike or get hurt but there was no reason to delete the coments.

Your answer was that I cant say anything against Harron Rasheeed because you are promoting him. For promotion you have advertised him on the main page but if you make a thread you should have courage to receive any kind of coment.

Haroon rasheed is bias, a party spokes person pretending to be a journalist.

You posted that comment, where it had nothing to do with him. I asked you to start a new thread if you want to discuss that issue. Get it?

johny

MPA (400+ posts)
you never said that.... infact you deleted my new thread as well...
You posted that comment, where it had nothing to do with him. I asked you to start a new thread if you want to discuss that issue. Get it?