Haroon ur Rasheed's Honesty Through His Brilliant (Evasive) Reply

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Urdu Columnist Haroon ur Rasheed.jpg

Not many days ago when the moderator Adeel mentioned about the availability of a banner of a newly developed interactive website of a Pakistani journalist and so called opinion maker Haroon ur Rasheed and afterwards I got my self registered and posted some poignant questions on his website. I would like to share that post of mine and its “brilliant” response from this well known charlatan of Pakistani media. I would like to leave the rational and sensible forum members to formalise their opinions and views about his perfectly evasive reply;

Imran Butt 8/17/2011 3:54:05 AM

First and foremost I have to be blunt here in this section to raise someof those points and questions which might give you the feeling of irritationand repugnance. You according to some of your critics, who are also in the ranks of your fraternity of journalism, are nothing but a quack and hypocrite of third degree who always seems to invoke the aphorisms of divine faith of Islam in the shape of some canonical texts and the sayings of some Muslim sages but on the contrary is the one who supports the evil Military establishment of Pakistan be it that was in a US Dollars sponsored so called Jihad against the Sovietsin the 1980’s, Pakistan’s undue interference in the affairs of its neighbours like China, Iran, Afghanistan and of course with the Indians in the past 3-4decades along with the Wars against Iraq and Afghanistan in the 2000’s on those pretexts which have been extensively discussed in the recent past and present.

Your close association with the establishment also reaped some of the materialistic favours for you as well in the shape of residential plots in the expensive territory of Capital along with getting regular imbursements from the secret coffers of Information ministry for many years now, an allegation which is also levelled against you from your detractors. Would you like to elaborate or make your stance clear on the above mentioned allegations
against you?

Haroon Ur Rasheed

W/salam. Nobody is his own judge, others can be. Other than the political leaders I criticized, no body, not a single gentleman of my profession has ever said that I am dishonest, even from the readers you are only one in 42 years of my career. I don't believe in explanations. God bless you

Note: I know this post of mine will irritate and antagonise some of the members of Imran’s fan club including some of my honourable friends of this forum as well. But as emotionally indifferent and straightforward I am I reserve the right to hold my opinions and to me Haroon ur Rasheed, Gen Retd Hameed Gul and the members of their tribe are nothing but the true representative touts and elements of status quo and if Imran Khan has a company of such unscrupulous and hypocrite individuals then I can only pray for Almighty to restore Imran’s sense of judgement and rationality.

Source's Link: http://natamam.com/News/ask_haroon_ur_rasheed

Last edited:

fasi2003

Senator (1k+ posts)
Noon league walay ab Haroon Rashid ko batyen gai kai woh dis honerst hai./ Ghatia tareen log hain Noon League main. Itni gandi siasat hai in ki.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
I think it was your english bro which flew over poor guy's head.
Now what was the question again?:)

I know Malik sahab that those who are attuned to the discordant and cacophony of voices can’t withstand the waves of bitter realism & harsh questioning and hence the meaning and sense of discernment seems to lost its course or to make inroads to the primary senses of those miserable souls. Try to read and decipher my points once again in that post Sir and then come up to stage your mockery in the guise of naivety.

Last edited:

thedude

Councller (250+ posts)
the question was posed in an offensive and non-objective manner

no matter how corrupt Haroon Rasheed may be (I don't know), he has the right to remove such a question from his website, let alone refusing to answer.

Last edited:

pcdoc24x7

Minister (2k+ posts)
Hawk brother, maybe your English writing skills are quite good but I don't think the reading skills match those. Mr. Rasheed has given you a very clean answer to your question by simply saying ... others are judge of his characters .. he can't judge himself ... and thus asking him to clarify his position ... is just like you asking a murderer if he/she has committed a murder... and furthermore he is basically saying that he has been in journalism for 42 years and he is basically challenging you to find a journalist who can say that he is a dishonest journalist. You may be thinking of getting a specific response from him which you did not get ... however that does not mean that he has avoided your question.... My 2 cents.

Unicorn

Banned
It was a very reasonable request for elaboration for very important scenario.

I do understand that Mr. Haroon gets lots of emails. He could have used these lines for short elaboration than to state the obvious.

Saboo

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I know Malik sahab that those who are attuned to the discordant and cacophony of voices can’t withstand the waves of bitter realism & harsh questioning and hence the meaning and sense of discernment seems to lost its course or to make inroads to the primary senses of those miserable souls. Try to read and decipher my points once again in that post Sir and then come up to stage your mockery in the guise of naivety.

I don't have to read and decipher your points again ( I tried once and failed ). Instead of waisting this high quality english on my case, why don't you repeat your question to Haroon Rasheed.
BTW what was your major in college, Dictionary?

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
@ Thedude and Mullah Omar

Woh Kehtay Hain na kay Akalmand kay liye ishara hi kaafi hauta hai baat samjhanay kay liye aur bewakoof logoon kay liye koi thoos daleel kaar amad sabit nahi haute. Tu janab e aliyan aap dono jao aur jaa kar jokers aur bewakofon ki jaanat main khelo kudo jahan sirf fareeb e nazar aur kund zehniyat ka hi raaj rehta hai.

Last edited:

ranaji

President (40k+ posts)
bret hawk darasal butt hai aur mojority of kashmiri nawaz sharif key kashmiri honey ki wajjah say noon league ke haami hain. butt bhi humarey bhai hain laiken ppp ke hamion ki tarha inko bhi nawaz biradry sey niklana mushkil hai button ko apna kaam karney do aap apna kaam kartey jao Allah hum sab ko naik hidayat dey AMEEN

Last edited:

omerkashmiri

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Salam brother ! i had read your question on that forum , i had a feeling it could only be my brother Bret hawk who could come up with such an impeccable English , i was left cold with his answer i must say , as far as your first half of the question is concerned , there are two schools of thought about our military's role in Afghan war. There are those who believe Zia just supported U.S sponsored war to legitimize his own government and we must have not indulged in that fiasco in first place as it led our country in this abyss where we find ourselves stuck right now. On the other hand there are people who genuinely believe had we not stopped Russians right then and there , they would have marched past right in to Karachi. So clearly two of you belong to different schools of thought. He has a very soft corner for military establishment as we all know that , now is there any financial motive behind Allah knows the best.
Accusation that you have raised are very serious ones, Do you have any proof of those allegations or you are just basing your opinion on the remarks made by his opponents. I do agree with him on this note that he can not judge himself, if any one has any proof against him , one must take him to the court and let the courts decide. Innocent until proven guilty is my verdict.
We may disagree with him on different matters but at least he is not always spreading doomsday theory in Pakistan or like those enlightened moderates telling us that if we must survive we must oblige American and Indian Nexus .

Last edited:

omerkashmiri

Siasat.pk - Blogger
bret hawk darasal butt hai aur mojority of kashmiri nawaz sharif key kashmiri honey ki wajjah say noon league ke haami hain. butt bhi humarey bhai hain laiken ppp ke hamion ki tarha inko bhi nawaz biradry sey niklana mushkil hai button ko apna kaam karney do aap apna kaam kartey jao Allah hum sab ko naik hidayat dey AMEEN
Na jee to kia saray Ranay Rana Sumair singh Sanghram kay saathi hain ? Rana saab aisay na kerain ;)

ranaji

President (40k+ posts)
NAHI SAREY RANEY NAHI RANA SANAULLAH NOON LEAGUE MAEN HAI :lol::lol::lol::lol: WAISEY OMERKASHMIRI KA JAWAB ACHHA HAI MUJHEY PASAND AAYA (clap)

anyie1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
dear Mr. thread starter. did you ever stand up and ask your looter leaders those 4327 questions that the whole nation had been asking them and they dont have the courage to answer a single one of those........... asking haroon rashid would have been appropriate if you would have told the forum that your leadership is neat and clean and now we have started asking about the credibility of other leaders,,,,,,,, go and bring your house in order first then ask,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Austad

Councller (250+ posts)
Bret Hawk, you might be good in vocabulary but you really can't read between the lines. Haroon rasheed answered your question well. And please, do not ask questions from these writers just for the sake of making a fail attempt to show your presence, or just for the sake of asking a question. You are not the first one to ask these questions. These questions have been answered by Mr. Haroon many times, in many talk shows, in many interviews.

He has repeatedly denied rumors that he has been a proactive non uniformed member of civil society. And you are in no position to comment what Army has been doing, what it has to do. Not the time to discuss Army, foreign policies and throwing flurries and flurries of opinionated diarrhoea that you just picked up from some stupid talk shows hosted by channels having political alliances.