Five Reasons Why You Should Take Risks

wanderer

Being able to take risks is fundamental to success in any endeavor we undertake. Being able to take a risk means being able to push yourself to do those things that you may be uncomfortable doing in order to achieve a goal. Common risks that many are afraid to take include such things as expressing ourselves in public, learning to do something new, investing in an activity or purchase without any guarantees of return on our investment, and even in some cases simply changing the way we do something. Risk, like change is always frightening, and taking a risk leaves us wide open and vulnerable to pain, criticism, embarrassment and perhaps loss. Why then, is being able to take risks so important? Consider these five main reasons:

1. Risk taking improves self-confidence and fosters self-esteem. With every risk you take there is an opportunity for success, and success breeds confidence. Sure, with every risk there is also the possibility of failure, but even if you fail you gain the confidence that comes from knowing you at least tried. The more often you try new things, the more often you will succeed and the more passionate you will become about your goals.

2. Risk taking lessens mental anguish. Indecision is actually far more draining than making a decision and taking action. If we constantly wait to do something until we feel absolutely certain that we can do it perfectly, odds are we wont have the energy required to complete the goal. Successful people put their energies into taking action instead of thinking about taking action.

3. Risk taking is the only way to promote growth. Like a child learning to walk, taking a risk means taking action, and only by taking action can we produce results.

4. Risk taking improves our chances of success by teaching us what works. In order to improve results, we often have to change our attitudes, behaviors and the way we do things. When we arent afraid to risk change we are able to try new things and ultimately learn what works best for us.

5. Risk taking promotes happiness. If we fail to try something that we would really like to do, we are left only with feelings of regret and unhappiness. We are much happier when we can say we tried, even if we didnt succeed.

Risk taking isnt easy and it is often uncomfortable and frightening, but it is the only way we can push ourselves to see how far we can go, and learn what goals we can achieve. It is the only way we can live to our fullest potential and realize our dreams. It means the difference between looking back and reflecting on what weve accomplished and looking back with regret at what we wished we would have done. Those who fear risk and hold back will accomplish very little. Those who see risk as an opportunity for potential growth will forge ahead and accomplish great things. Which one will you be?

omerkashmiri

I took the risk 2 years ago in the form of marriage and let me tell you it did not improve my self confidence nor did it foster my self esteem. It definitely increased my mental anguish and taught me a lesson . Only growth i see is in my financial deficit , and let me tell you it doesn't make me happy.

Being able to take risks is fundamental to success in any endeavor we undertake. Being able to take a risk means being able to push yourself to do those things that you may be uncomfortable doing in order to achieve a goal. Common risks that many are afraid to take include such things as expressing ourselves in public, learning to do something new, investing in an activity or purchase without any guarantees of return on our investment, and even in some cases simply changing the way we do something. Risk, like change is always frightening, and taking a risk leaves us wide open and vulnerable to pain, criticism, embarrassment and perhaps loss. Why then, is being able to take risks so important? Consider these five main reasons:

1. Risk taking improves self-confidence and fosters self-esteem. With every risk you take there is an opportunity for success, and success breeds confidence. Sure, with every risk there is also the possibility of failure, but even if you fail you gain the confidence that comes from knowing you at least tried. The more often you try new things, the more often you will succeed and the more passionate you will become about your goals.

2. Risk taking lessens mental anguish. Indecision is actually far more draining than making a decision and taking action. If we constantly wait to do something until we feel absolutely certain that we can do it perfectly, odds are we wont have the energy required to complete the goal. Successful people put their energies into taking action instead of thinking about taking action.

3. Risk taking is the only way to promote growth. Like a child learning to walk, taking a risk means taking action, and only by taking action can we produce results.

4. Risk taking improves our chances of success by teaching us what works. In order to improve results, we often have to change our attitudes, behaviors and the way we do things. When we arent afraid to risk change we are able to try new things and ultimately learn what works best for us.

5. Risk taking promotes happiness. If we fail to try something that we would really like to do, we are left only with feelings of regret and unhappiness. We are much happier when we can say we tried, even if we didnt succeed.

Risk taking isnt easy and it is often uncomfortable and frightening, but it is the only way we can push ourselves to see how far we can go, and learn what goals we can achieve. It is the only way we can live to our fullest potential and realize our dreams. It means the difference between looking back and reflecting on what weve accomplished and looking back with regret at what we wished we would have done. Those who fear risk and hold back will accomplish very little. Those who see risk as an opportunity for potential growth will forge ahead and accomplish great things. Which one will you be?

Assuming its all yours since you did not provide the source: (clap)(clap)

.... therefore we should at least try to get out from under the rock of deadly US financial AIDS that is hindering in our progress and destroying the country.

Also Pakistanis should take a risk and overthrow the PPP govt.

I took the risk 2 years ago in the form of marriage and let me tell you it did not improve my self confidence nor did it foster my self esteem. It definitely increased my mental anguish and taught me a lesson . Only growth i see is in my financial deficit , and let me tell you it doesn't make me happy.
Sir je, risk taking ki baat ho rahi hai, suicide ki nahi.

Omer, you must have married the wrong cow. I have been married to the same lady since Nov 1, 1978. Of course there areand therewill be differences, but the bottom line is that life goes on.

to wanderer: John Hershey of Hershey Chocolate failed 27 times before success. Buthe KEPT taking a risk, I am sure, despite his family opposition.

What would really stink if one spouse wants to take a risk and the other is vehemently against it. May Lord protect all from that situation

Dont worry Buddy !!
You always clap with two hands.Be very passionate and think it over with a cool mind.
Sometimes even a small and insignificant issue over blows.My suggestion is to make a list
of all those things in which you both differ and then sit together and discuss them threadbare.
Also dont make it an ego issue.If your wife has a genuine grievence,look into it try to solve it.
Both of you have to make it work,dont think about any other options,that's road to disaster
and something unknown which you will come to know when you face it...........Is it worth taking
such a big risk ????????

Risk must be taken after SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) analysis.;) Which part of it did U overlook ;)? Parents are the best analysts in this connection. I took the same risk few years ago, and am ready to take again(serious).

Dont worry Buddy !!
You always clap with two hands.Be very passionate and think it over with a cool mind.
Sometimes even a small and insignificant issue over blows.My suggestion is to make a list
of all those things in which you both differ and then sit together and discuss them threadbare.
Also dont make it an ego issue.If your wife has a genuine grievence,look into it try to solve it.
Both of you have to make it work,dont think about any other options,that's road to disaster
and something unknown which you will come to know when you face it...........Is it worth taking
such a big risk ????????

Kashmiri bhai bachna thori dair baad canadian bhai Hakeem honay ka daawa bhi karein gay.

Omer, you must have married the wrong cow. I have been married to the same lady since Nov 1, 1978. Of course there areand therewill be differences, but the bottom line is that life goes on.

to wanderer: John Hershey of Hershey Chocolate failed 27 times before success. Buthe KEPT taking a risk, I am sure, despite his family opposition.

What would really stink if one spouse wants to take a risk and the other is vehemently against it. May Lord protect all from that situation

Chachoo aap say kisi nay mashwara maaga hay. Aisay hi parai shaadi mein "abdullah dewana":lol:. Chachi ko pata chal gaya na keh ab is umar mein aap nay un ko "cow" keh diya hay to phir:13::13::13::13:.........................

:swordfight::swordfight::swordfight::swordfight::swordfight:
:smashfreakB::smashfreakB::smashfreakB::smashfreakB::smashfreakB:​

ahmadalikhan

Jab Kalima perh liya to risk to le liya. Ab sari duniya ka kufr ap ki mukhalifat kare ga. but

6.GIF

rubahi means derpoki ya chalaki maker o faraib lumri ki tarah