Does CPEC stand for China PUNJAB Economic Corridor?

karella

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
CEuuBcbW8AADSOv.jpg

imran1976

Councller (250+ posts)
The project is clear, it will benefit Pakistan. Probably, Reham BiBi doesn't know that Gwadar isn't in Punjab & there are 3 routes passing through 4 provinces.
i see racism in this tweet -- Maybe PTi wants to take ANP slot.

Khallas

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I was also shocked reading her tweets, she better stay away from politics, bhai app journalist the woh raho, shahdi ho gaye ghar tak raho, har cheez main tangain phasana zaroori nahin.

Kuch loogon ko obverse kara hay woh Kala Bagh dam ki tarhan is Economic corridor ko bhi controversial banana chahte hain.

GreenMaple

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
The project is clear, it will benefit Pakistan. Probably, Reham BiBi doesn't know that Gwadar isn't in Punjab & there are 3 routes passing through 4 provinces.
i see racism in this tweet -- Maybe PTi wants to take ANP slot.

The real benefit, if any, of this route comes from collection of cross border trade taxes and perhaps road tolls. The benefit of the physical layout of the route is no more than few truck stops and tea houses along the route.

imran1976

Councller (250+ posts)
The real benefit, if any, of this route comes from collection of cross border trade taxes and perhaps road tolls. The benefit of the physical layout of the route is no more than few truck stops and tea houses along the route.

so china is this much dumb that they are investing billions of dollars on a route where they will be no more than few truck stops & tea houses????

GreenMaple

so china is this much dumb that they are investing billions of dollars on a route where they will be no more than few truck stops & tea houses????

You did not get my point. This route is heavily in favour of China, otherwise they will not be investing this much dough. China will save billions and billions in transportation charges by a shorter route to Middle East, Africa and Europe, specifically from its western provinces such as Xinjiang, Qinghai, Gansu etc. The question is what Pakistan is getting out of it? The only economic benefit that Pakistan is expected to extract is overland transport duties, tariffs, and taxes for use of its territory, and as I said few truck stops. Gwadar of course will need to be developed to handle traffic of Chinese goods. If you have any more information on benefit to Pakistan from this route, please share the business case with real numbers.

Last edited:

Renegade

MPA (400+ posts)
This paranoia against Nawaz needs to be stopped now. The guy is not perfect, but this time he's really trying hard. Him and Raheel Sharif are on one page and are determined to take Pakistan forward. It's the need of the time that people of Pakistan stand behind him, we can't afford to waste any more years. Our neighbours have already upped the ante against Pakistan.

imran1976

Councller (250+ posts)
You did not get my point. This route in heavily in favour of China, otherwise they will not be investing this much dough. China will save billions and billions in transportation charges by a shorter route to Middle East, Africa and Europe, specifically from its western provinces such as Xinjiang. The question is what Pakistan is getting out of it? The only economic benefit that Pakistan is expected to extract is overland transport duties, tariffs, and taxes for use of its territory, and of course as I said few truck stops. If you have any more information on benefit to Pakistan from this route, please share.

So Gwadar Port will be of no benefit to us in the future????
obviously, they are investing because they see huge benefit in this.

We shouldn't be looking at how many billions China will save, instead our aim should be to look at how many billions can we make -- Why look at other's savings, device ways so we can earn billions.

GreenMaple

So Gwadar Port will be of no benefit to us in the future????
obviously, they are investing because they see huge benefit in this.

We shouldn't be looking at how many billions China will save, instead our aim should be to look at how many billions can we make -- Why look at other's savings, device ways so we can earn billions.

How much are we making out of this deal? The government must have done some cost-benefit analysis. Do you, or anyone else has this information. I haven't seen one, other than lots of pie-in-the-sky promises.

roarwali

MPA (400+ posts)
There is no RAW involved. Punjab development at the cost of smaller provinces is not acceptable at all. My advice to KPK and Baluchistan governments or people is to not allow at all the route if the initial plan is not implemented.

imran1976

Councller (250+ posts)
Is it more racist than; "Jaag Punjabi jaad, teri pugg nu lag gai aag"?

that was probably back in early 90's election, i don't think Punjabis listened to that slogan --- You just tried to cover-up Reham's action, Plz condemn what's wrong. You gave me the Slogan believing that i am a PMLn supporter -- for Allah's sake, anyone condemning PTi isn't a PMLn supporter.

I am severely against ethnic politics.

roarwali

MPA (400+ posts)
This paranoia against Nawaz needs to be stopped now. The guy is not perfect, but this time he's really trying hard. Him and Raheel Sharif are on one page and are determined to take Pakistan forward. It's the need of the time that people of Pakistan stand behind him, we can't afford to waste any more years. Our neighbours have already upped the ante against Pakistan.

You mean to allow NS to usurp the rights of the smaller provinces. My slogan is: Go Nawaz Go (to hell)