Desi weddings - sounds funny but its really TRUE

behzadji

Minister (2k+ posts)
1000% agreed. If you make nikah expensive, the zina will be cheap. and where there is no nikah, there is definitely abundance of zina as it is just natural to fulfil natural hunger and thirst for sex.....really an eye opener.....blessed are the people who get married in the mosque and finish the whole lot in just 45 mins including walima....

pak4rule

Senator (1k+ posts)
Its not difficult to do , if one work from start to mend the ways of family and infuse basic love and knowledge of Allah and Islam
Alhumdolillah now we in my family [ means my brothers & sisters not whole khandaan] we use to have only 2 occassions , shadi and valima. First 2 sisters were married the usual ways but then my elder brother's hard efforts we now know what are priorities of a muslim and without caring about others we do as it is meant to be in islam

All of us , can do it easily, just we have to put Allah first , thats it.

Just think what Allah will say , will HE be pleased or angry, and trust me this will make your decision very easy..

shaheer

Minister (2k+ posts)
if u have money still spend with modesty.do not b arrogant.well said.thats what we need particularly in pakistan.but we are doing other way round.

aasimnaveed

MPA (400+ posts)
nawaz shareef's law about one dish on shadi was wonderful idea .. people used BOXES with pasties,cake piece,pizza,juice etc .. and it was very cheap because i was invilved in this business and knew lot of AMEEER families of PUNJAB who orderd these BOXES and people liked this law ... but mushi demolished and stopped implementation because it was made by NS ... and smoking at public places and in public transport , in UK they enforced this law in 2006 to 2008 step by step but in pakistan it was implemented in 1997 i think ... but Shehbaz Sharif failed to implement these laws in PUNJAB in his ongoing GOVT. shame ...

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger
He is right, for one wedding there are 6-7-8 different functions.
Both bride and groom sides are trying to impress each-other and the rest of the families and friends.
It use be two simple functions, Nikah and then Valima, that's it.
May we Allah's Guidance and His Mercy.

ASQR1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Pakistani weddings are the only out let for Pakistanis, we do not indulge in anything remotely close to Indians or western such as DRINKING, DANCING, GOING CRAZY OVER SILLY NOTIONS,

So give us a break and at least let us enjoy weddings as families get together and have some funn time.

crankthskunk

I agreed with him - DONT TAKE A LOAN but if you have money, why not SPEND?

Faqira786, Pakistan is a poor nation, so if you look around people you know in Pakistan, you will find hundreds or thousands of people who could be in need of that money you want to spend on lavish wedding, which most probably is full of Hindu rituals, except the Nikkah and Walima.

Imranpak

He's talking about Muslim not desi weddings!. Hindu's and Sikh's can do whetever they want!