Comparison of Lahore Metro, Islamabad Metro & Trans Peshawar

arafay

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Thanks, one can clearly see the huge difference in terms of number of bus, construction of new shops, parking plazas, environmental protection, IT Systems etc. I believe full details will emerge when the tender process starts. Amazed to see that there is no loss where as JUNGLA BUS loss is 5 billion every year :(

5 billion doesn't include multan jangla bus project. I think eventually this subsidy will cross 10 billion per year.

arafay

Last time I heard Lahore was bigger city than Peshawar.
Passenger per day in Lahore 130000/day, and Pewhawer 480,000/day
سارا پشاور ہی بس تے چاڑ دیتا جے حضور
:lol:

the reason is that peshwar bus system is a mass transit project with 8 different routes spread throughout the city. This is similar to london bus system which has a ridershop of 6 million per weekday. Population of london is 8 million.

lahore/rwp/multan metro bus are single route jangla bus hence you need subsidy of nearly 7-8 billion per year to get people to use it.

SahirShah

Minister (2k+ posts)
کوئی چیز بنے گی تو اسمیں کیڑے نکلیں گے نا؟
ابھی تو کچھ بنایا ہی نہیں ہے. ایک ارب درخت کا نعرا، لیکن اسی لاکھ پر ٹھس
تین سو بچاس مائکرو ڈیمز کا وعدہ - چار سال بعد صرف ایک سو پچاس بھی مشکل سے
اسکولوں میں فرنیچر تک نہ فراہم کر سکے
اب میٹرو کی پرائس میں چکر بازی

(cry)(cry)(cry)(cry)(cry)(cry)(cry)
بڑی غمگین داستان سنائی ہے، گڑبڑا کر خودکشی نہ کر لینا

فالتو

MPA (400+ posts)
ابھی تو ترقی یافتہ ممالک میں بھی بجٹ کے اندر پروجیکٹ نہیں ہوتے ، یہاں بھی سوا لاکھ کا پروجیکٹ دو لاکھ میں ہوتا ہے

ایک کاغذی پروجیکٹ کا مکمل شدہ پروجیکٹ سے مقابلہ کرنا ہی بیوقوفی ہے ، جب بنے گا تو دیکھیں گے کتنے ارب کا ہوتا ہے

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
There is no "Route ka farak" here. The guy who made the chart simply added all the feeder buses and all to create some large numbers. He neglected to do so for Islamabad and Lahore. Basically you can consider this chart as Half-assed Propaganda chart. Jis par zyada mehnat bhi nahi ki gaee.

In Lahore and Islamabad there had been no feeder busses.

Also on BRT Pesh, the proper bus stations would be on the main corridor while there would be bus stops on the feeder routs I guess.

desan

President (40k+ posts)
What sort of crackpot chart is this? Peshawar Metro Bus has 180 Bus stations!?!? MetroBus instanbul has 45 stations. lol. Look I know you wanna make Peshawar MetroBus look much better than Lahore, par itni bhi afat nahi aaee howi. lol.

The 26 kilometres BRT, of which 6.0 kilometres will be elevated having five kilometre tunnels. The system will have 32 stations, two depots and 150 bus stops with an addition of 450 buses to the BRT fleet.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1368199/bus-rapid-transit-peshawar-wins-green-light/

Will_Bite

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Last time I heard Lahore was bigger city than Peshawar.
Passenger per day in Lahore 130000/day, and Pewhawer 480,000/day
سارا پشاور ہی بس تے چاڑ دیتا جے حضور
:lol:

New York City has 5 boroughs. Manhattan is one of the 2 smallest boroughs. But every weekday morning, when people bus/drive/ride into work from other cities/states, Manhattans population swells to almost 3 times.
Peshawar is similar to Manhattan in concept. Lahore and Karachi are not as similar, because people tend to come in to settle in Lahore and Karachi, hence, most of the workers tend to become residents of the city. Peshawar has tons of commuters coming in and going out on a daily basis from across various areas of KPK. That translates into a higher ridership for natural reasons. Also add to that the fact that Peshawars metro route runs through denser areas with fewer people having cars or personal conveyance. In Lahore, ferozpur road is routinely choked up below, while the metro breezes above with an average 50% occupancy (Its interesting that whenever Punjab govt quotes metro figures, they quote the capacity of 130,000, not the ridership, which is far less).

It remains to be seen whether Peshawar can achieve the 480,000 ridership 'target', but its a matter of common sense that it would be higher than Lahore, because of obvious factors.

Ahmedkwt

Senator (1k+ posts)
Lived in Peshawar, Islamabad and Rawalpindi so can comment and compare the two systems. Rawalpindi Metro might be good but not worth for the whole city. You can see the coverage area. It is not connecting most of the areas of Islamabad Rawalpindi. To be honest in early 2000 there was a Bus Service started by Hamid Gul's daughter and it was very good service and connecting Islamabad till Airport. Without any separate route. I don't know why they scraped it. I have also seen the Peshawar transport system. Though at the moment it is on paper but connecting every corner of Peshawar. Would be good to see if built on time. Peshawar needed transport system much earlier than Islamabad because most of the areas in Islamabad/Rawalpindi still using other transports much better than those busses coming from Bara!
چلو جی اب نیا طوفان آنے والا ہے سوشل میڈیا پر
پشاور میٹرو حلال ہوتے ساتھ ہی مومنہ کے درجات کی طرف بڑھتی نظر آے گی اب - اچھا ہے رونق لگی رہے گی

تین مہینے میں بیس بلین لاگت بڑھ گئی - اب بنانی شروع کرو گے تو آٹے دال کا بھاؤ پتا چلے گا

RajaRawal111

New York City has 5 boroughs. Manhattan is one of the 2 smallest boroughs. But every weekday morning, when people bus/drive/ride into work from other cities/states, Manhattans population swells to almost 3 times.
Peshawar is similar to Manhattan in concept. Lahore and Karachi are not as similar, because people tend to come in to settle in Lahore and Karachi, hence, most of the workers tend to become residents of the city. Peshawar has tons of commuters coming in and going out on a daily basis from across various areas of KPK. That translates into a higher ridership for natural reasons. Also add to that the fact that Peshawars metro route runs through denser areas with fewer people having cars or personal conveyance. In Lahore, ferozpur road is routinely choked up below, while the metro breezes above with an average 50% occupancy (Its interesting that whenever Punjab govt quotes metro figures, they quote the capacity of 130,000, not the ridership, which is far less).

It remains to be seen whether Peshawar can achieve the 480,000 ridership 'target', but its a matter of common sense that it would be higher than Lahore, because of obvious factors.

Sorry to say that will bite. If one of us had given any such example. There had been a major stage show like laughing.
You alwsys come up with countless words jingled togather so that it looks like a high class logic. Ways above an ordinary persons mental level. You just ram it whether it makes any sense or not.
I have been in peshawer and seen manhaten in pictures and can see its map too. And i know where people come from in peshawer. Dont know what state you were in when you wrote it all.
Please dont push it like this when you dont have anything to say.

Last edited:

lurker

Also on BRT Pesh, the proper bus stations would be on the main corridor while there would be bus stops on the feeder routs I guess.
I read news 10 days ago that Punjab Govt has designated 200 buses for Feeding the Metro Lines.

The 26 kilometres BRT, of which 6.0 kilometres will be elevated having five kilometre tunnels. The system will have 32 stations, two depots and 150 bus stops with an addition of 450 buses to the BRT fleet.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1368199/bus-rapid-transit-peshawar-wins-green-light/
150 Bus stops!? How many exist at the moment? ;)
In Lahore LTC operates 650 Buses. Why don't we act like the KPK people and just add that number to the BRT buses number? And while we are at it, why don't we also call these Feeder buses? lol. Yaar... Pakistani Propaganda bhi Pakistani maiyaar ka hi hota hai. haha.

Will_Bite

Sorry to say that will bite. If one of us had given any such example. There had been a major stage show like laughing.
You alwsys come up with countless words jingled togather so that it looks like a high class logic. Ways above an ordinary persons mental level. You just ram it whether it makes any sense or not.
I have been in peshawer and seen manhaten in pictures and can see its map too. And i know where people come from in peshawer. Dont know what state you were in when you wrote it all.
Please dont push it like this when you dont have anything to say.
Not surprising that apart from the usual cat calls, you had nothing of substance to add other than personal attacks, which is a hallmark of PMLN.

shah3145

Minister (2k+ posts)
Fake analysis and another TOPI Drama report for social media and Keep this post alive after completion to find the reality. PTI saves its face in short term by lying to its supporters on one social media post. Remember Asad umar tall claims. I once believed asad umar for his credibility but after this i found out he is also a traditional politician who can say anything to remain in media stream.

this post is as fake as Asad Umar tweet and 90 days change promise.

mhafeez

ارے بھائی صاحب ، میٹرو پشاور والے بھی کیپسٹی کی ہی بات کررہے ہیں ، انکے پلان کے مطابق فیڈر بسوں سمیت ٣٥٠ بسیں خریدنی ہیں فی بس کیپسٹی ١٢٠ افراد ہے اسطرح ہر بس کے دس پھروں میں تقریباً چار لکھ تیس ہزار افراد کے سفر کرنے کی گنجائش ہے پشاور سے زیادہ لوگ اسلام آباد میں روزانہ سفر کرتے ہیں جبکہ لاہور کی اپنی آبادی پشاور کے آس پاس کے چھ اضلاع کی مجموعی آبادی سے زیادہ ہے جبکہ لاہور میں دوسرے شہروں سے آنے والی بسیں پشاور کے مقابلے میں دس گنا زیادہ ہیں ، ابتدائی تخمینے کے مطابق اسلامآباد-راولپنڈی والے مین روٹ پر پانچ لاکھ سے زائد لوگ سفر کرتے تھے جن میں سے ایک لاکھ پینتیس ہزار پبلک ٹرانسپورٹ استعمال کرتے تھے ، لاہور جس روٹ پر بنا ہے وہاں روزانہ ایک ملین افراد سفر کرتے تھے جبکہ تین لاکھ لوگ پبلک ٹرانسپورٹ استعمال کرتے تھے ، میرے خیال میں اگر لاہور والے دو سو چهیاسی بسوں اور اسلامآباد والے اڑسٹھ بسوں کے ساتھ شاندار کام کر رہے ہیں تو پشاور جیسے نسبتاً چھوٹے شہر کے لئے ٣٥٠ بسیں بہت بڑی زیادتی ہے

mhafeez

I read news 10 days ago that Punjab Govt has designated 200 buses for Feeding the Metro Lines.

150 Bus stops!? How many exist at the moment? ;)
In Lahore LTC operates 650 Buses. Why don't we act like the KPK people and just add that number to the BRT buses number? And while we are at it, why don't we also call these Feeder buses? lol. Yaar... Pakistani Propaganda bhi Pakistani maiyaar ka hi hota hai. haha.

لاہور میں ان ٦٥٠ بسوں کے علاوہ دو سو نئی فیڈر بسیں چلا بھی دی گئی ہیں جس سے کل بسوں کی تعداد ٨٥٠ ہو گئی ہے ، جبکہ پشاور میٹرو ابھی فیسبک سٹیج پر ہے اور انصافیوں کی چھلانگیں دیکھیں

mhafeez

1104093190-1.jpg

1104093190-2.gif

feeder-map.jpg

Will_Bite

ارے بھائی صاحب ، میٹرو پشاور والے بھی کیپسٹی کی ہی بات کررہے ہیں ، انکے پلان کے مطابق فیڈر بسوں سمیت ٣٥٠ بسیں خریدنی ہیں فی بس کیپسٹی ١٢٠ افراد ہے اسطرح ہر بس کے دس پھروں میں تقریباً چار لکھ تیس ہزار افراد کے سفر کرنے کی گنجائش ہے پشاور سے زیادہ لوگ اسلام آباد میں روزانہ سفر کرتے ہیں جبکہ لاہور کی اپنی آبادی پشاور کے آس پاس کے چھ اضلاع کی مجموعی آبادی سے زیادہ ہے جبکہ لاہور میں دوسرے شہروں سے آنے والی بسیں پشاور کے مقابلے میں دس گنا زیادہ ہیں ، ابتدائی تخمینے کے مطابق اسلامآباد-راولپنڈی والے مین روٹ پر پانچ لاکھ سے زائد لوگ سفر کرتے تھے جن میں سے ایک لاکھ پینتیس ہزار پبلک ٹرانسپورٹ استعمال کرتے تھے ، لاہور جس روٹ پر بنا ہے وہاں روزانہ ایک ملین افراد سفر کرتے تھے جبکہ تین لاکھ لوگ پبلک ٹرانسپورٹ استعمال کرتے تھے ، میرے خیال میں اگر لاہور والے دو سو چهیاسی بسوں اور اسلامآباد والے اڑسٹھ بسوں کے ساتھ شاندار کام کر رہے ہیں تو پشاور جیسے نسبتاً چھوٹے شہر کے لئے ٣٥٠ بسیں بہت بڑی زیادتی ہے
I 'rejected' the above mentioned chart in my very first post. I dont know what the outcome of Peshawar metro will be. Assessments and projections are always up in the air as far as I am concerned. I do know that Peshawar will have more ridership, but Im not ready to believe any comparisons with respect to number of stops/buses etc.. So in the absence of a Peshawar metro, Lahore is ahead.

pti007

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Peshawar Mass Transit Cost vs Lahore Mass Transit Cost

Let's do a comparison of Cost of Mass Transit System of Lahore and Mass Transit System of Peshawar

Peshawar Mass Transit System Cost = 57 Billion
This system includes
  • 8 routes.
  • More than 130 kilometers.
  • Around 380 buses.
  • 3 Parking Plazas.
  • Construction of 1100 Shops for Revenue generation.
  • 130 Bus Stops
  • Bike Lanes and Bike parking facilities with 30 stops.
  • Number of Daily Passengers - 480,000
  • Serves entire city of Peshawar

Lahore Mass Transit System Cost = 300 Billion
This system includes
  • 2 Routes - 1 Metro Bus Route and 1 Orange Line Train Route
  • 60 kilometers total
  • Around 60 bus and train stops
  • 60 buses and 4 trains
  • Number of Daily Passengers = 350,000 (This includes both bus and train passengers).
  • Serves 25% of Lahore - More routes will have to be constructed in future which will cost hundreds of billions of rupees more.

Question: Which one is more expensive?

Shahid Abassi

Re: Peshawar Mass Transit Cost vs Lahore Mass Transit Cost

Shouldn't we just wait and compare these things once it is built.
I am afraid, it may not even start this year.
The 50 billion loan from ADB is still not approved. On their website, it only stands as proposed.

RajaRawal111

Not surprising that apart from the usual cat calls, you had nothing of substance to add other than personal attacks, which is a hallmark of PMLN.

Come on man what personal attacks. Is it not your duty to be responsible on what you say. You always throw things at my face wether it makes sense or not. Come on even if i take your hilarious manhatton population daytime swelling out of equation. Where did you come up with idea of daily flocking in peshawer and not in lahore.
And another one that Pubjab govt. Reports total capacity while Kpk is not.
I just want you to be a bit sensibe in what you say. Not asking you to stop talking.

Last edited:

Talwar Gujjar

Re: Peshawar Mass Transit Cost vs Lahore Mass Transit Cost

Peshawar project must be dirt cheap because it is only on paper, and there are no signs that it will be built.